Luscious Watermelon

Fruit Herbal Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

• “Another cold-brew of this one, yum. It was feeling ok on the sore throat until I hit the bottom, where there were some particles that came through the bombilla, and now I keep trying to clear them...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2225 tasting notes
  • “This definitely needs to be made strong. I think I just used 1 1/2 tsp earlier for iced tea...I even left the fruit sitting in there while it cooled and it's just not as good as the first time. It...” Read full tasting note
    pandamanda 1195 tasting notes
  • “Had this one steeped in-store and iced a few days ago and wasn't overly fond of it, so last night I decided to use up the 18g or so I had left and make a pitcher. I'm in a "clean out my tea closet"...” Read full tasting note
    ladykittykat 1220 tasting notes
  • “*Everyone is making iced tea!* Why not make some too today?! My grandkids are coming over to swim in my pool (I planned my purchase of this condo so that we could have a good time!). What better...” Read full tasting note
    bonniejohnstone 673 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

The taste of summer

What would summer be without a thick slice of pink and green watermelon in your hand? Mingling honeydew, strawberry leaves and apple with generous chunks of watermelon, this fruit-packed tea is overflowing with juicy melon flavour. Try it on ice and get ready to dangle your bare feet off the balcony: summer is officially here.

Ingredients: Apple, carrot, watermelon, wild strawberry leaves, honeydew melon, beetroot.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I tried some of this iced in store today and I quite liked it! Definitely would have been better steeped longer, and without the dilution from the ice during flash freezing, but I liked it enough to probably get some of my own in a little bit.

I got more watermelon flavour than anything else, but it was an odd mix of actual watermelon and typical artificial watermelon flavouring, if that makes any sense; David’s artificial flavours strikes again, alas. The liquor is a lovely orange-y pink, and I did like it (will write a longer review once I try brewing some on my own), but I think it might be a summertime only purchase and not something I want to stock up on as much as possible like Swampwater.

this one’s great iced! although it’s not the best hot. Definitely a refreshingly fruity cup for a hot summer’s day though.

Faith

Always iced, always.

This is excellent iced :)

Iced

The dried mix smells amazingly like melons which made me buy it without hesitation. However, steeped it just tastes like apples. I had my share of kompot in childhood days and that’s exactly what it tastes like. I might’ve put too little of the mix, but when it was steeped it was a full infuser (in a 1L pot). I am not saying I don’t like it, its very refreshing (and I wanna try other summer collection teas), but it’s not what I expected. I will try it perhaps with stronger brew and not in the morning just after waking up, but for now it gets a weird face rating

Luscious Watermelon tea absolutely does not taste like watermelon. To me and to the girl who served me at the DAVIDs TEA location I frequent, it tastes and smells like banana yet there’s no banana in this tea. It’s refreshing when it’s iced but to me the fruit does not taste like real fruit. However, it’s not bad for what it is. Although I won’t be buying more once my 50g is done.

love love love iced

easy way to increase water intake ;)

Just finished up this one yesterday and I’m disappointed I can’t get more (just like root beer float…). I should have KNOWN to stock up on it at the end of the summer last year since it was one of their seasonal teas, but noooo. Logic and reasoning out the window. I had changed my mind about not liking this tea on its own. It’s good. Really, really good. I still don’t taste real watermelon in it (sorry!), but I love watermelon candy and that tasted exactly like it to me. Maybe because there’s a strong honeydew undertone to it and I’m not a fan of honeydew. Yet I like this tea. Head scratcher.

If this ever becomes available again, I’ll be buying more. Until then…bye-bye, bag of Luscious Watermelon :(

I just tried this today and I must say I am very impressed. The smell alone is enticing and reminded me of a watermelon gummy bear, watermelon is infused throughout and there hints of flavors that aren’t on the label. I could swear I am still tasting a bit of banana. Can’t wait to taste this iced, and I don’t think sweetening would be necessary.

170 °F / 76 °C

It’s got a nice fruity smell, and tastes pretty good so far.

I grabbed 30g size of this tea… and when I got to work to make some I noticed I got one of the defective bags the sales gal told me about >__< so the zipper is ripped and I bet this tea’ll go stale fast.

Brewed at work in my libre glass it was horribly tart with this huge freak piece of…. melon? floating in it – it was white and big. But yeah, I would of poured it out if I wasn’t so thirsty. I’m thinking I had a bad scoop for that cup.

At home, brewed properly it very much tastes like watermelon with a tart aftertaste. I’m sure this is very dependent on how much sugary melon bits you get on for it to taste impressive. And the watermelon taste is legit watermelon, not the “dirty sock” fake watermelon candy taste, but not as sweet as I thought it would be. With that said, I really need to try this iced and sweetened, though I bet I won’t be buying more of this tea (and if I did, it be online only).

Also.. fishing out the big white melony chunks after steeping is yumm!