Luscious Watermelon

Fruit Herbal Blend
Apple Pieces, Artificial Flavouring, Beet Root, Carrot, Honeydew, Strawberry Leaves, Watermelon
Carrot, Apple, Fruity, Melon
Bulk, Loose Leaf
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Perry Papadopoulos
170 °F / 76 °C 6 min, 30 sec 68 oz / 2000 ml

The taste of summer

What would summer be without a thick slice of pink and green watermelon in your hand? Mingling honeydew, strawberry leaves and apple with generous chunks of watermelon, this fruit-packed tea is overflowing with juicy melon flavour. Try it on ice and get ready to dangle your bare feet off the balcony: summer is officially here.

Ingredients: Apple, carrot, watermelon, wild strawberry leaves, honeydew melon, beetroot.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

this one’s great iced! although it’s not the best hot. Definitely a refreshingly fruity cup for a hot summer’s day though.

Always iced, always.

This is excellent iced :)

The dried mix smells amazingly like melons which made me buy it without hesitation. However, steeped it just tastes like apples. I had my share of kompot in childhood days and that’s exactly what it tastes like. I might’ve put too little of the mix, but when it was steeped it was a full infuser (in a 1L pot). I am not saying I don’t like it, its very refreshing (and I wanna try other summer collection teas), but it’s not what I expected. I will try it perhaps with stronger brew and not in the morning just after waking up, but for now it gets a weird face rating

Luscious Watermelon tea absolutely does not taste like watermelon. To me and to the girl who served me at the DAVIDs TEA location I frequent, it tastes and smells like banana yet there’s no banana in this tea. It’s refreshing when it’s iced but to me the fruit does not taste like real fruit. However, it’s not bad for what it is. Although I won’t be buying more once my 50g is done.

love love love iced

easy way to increase water intake ;)

Just finished up this one yesterday and I’m disappointed I can’t get more (just like root beer float…). I should have KNOWN to stock up on it at the end of the summer last year since it was one of their seasonal teas, but noooo. Logic and reasoning out the window. I had changed my mind about not liking this tea on its own. It’s good. Really, really good. I still don’t taste real watermelon in it (sorry!), but I love watermelon candy and that tasted exactly like it to me. Maybe because there’s a strong honeydew undertone to it and I’m not a fan of honeydew. Yet I like this tea. Head scratcher.

If this ever becomes available again, I’ll be buying more. Until then…bye-bye, bag of Luscious Watermelon :(

I just tried this today and I must say I am very impressed. The smell alone is enticing and reminded me of a watermelon gummy bear, watermelon is infused throughout and there hints of flavors that aren’t on the label. I could swear I am still tasting a bit of banana. Can’t wait to taste this iced, and I don’t think sweetening would be necessary.

170 °F / 76 °C

It’s got a nice fruity smell, and tastes pretty good so far.

I grabbed 30g size of this tea… and when I got to work to make some I noticed I got one of the defective bags the sales gal told me about >__

I tried this tea twice – once in store at David’s Tea and then here at home. Both times were cold as I’m thinking that watermelon would not be very great hot.

At David’s Tea, they did a hot brew over ice for me and I have to say that I found this tea different then I originally thought it would be. It’s not as watermelony as I had hoped – instead, I have an almost banana flavour (I’m thinking it’s perhaps green melon flavour though). There is a note of apple aftertaste, which I actually liked, but I didn’t get any of the berry flavour that other reviewers got (sad!). I was hoping it would be more like the Bubbalicious Watermelon gum (remember that?), but less of a fake flavor. No dice though.

At home, I did a cold brew for 24 hours in the fridge before tasting. The cold brew was MUCH better in my opinion – though it still isn’t very watermelony, the weird green melon taste is definitely lessened. I definitely get the slight berry and apple flavors now. While I enjoyed it more cold brewed at home, it’s still not a tea I’d seek out again. That being said, I think that’s more of my palate and what I’m wanting in a tea, rather than the actual tea itself. If you’re looking for a fun juicy tea, then this is definitely an option.

Iced 8 min or more