Luscious Watermelon

Fruit Herbal Blend
Apple Pieces, Artificial Flavouring, Beet Root, Carrot, Honeydew, Strawberry Leaves, Watermelon
Apple, Carrot, Lemongrass, Melon, Cucumber, Honeydew, Fruity
Bulk, Loose Leaf
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Perry Papadopoulos

2 Images

From DAVIDsTEA

The taste of summer

What would summer be without a thick slice of pink and green watermelon in your hand? Mingling honeydew, strawberry leaves and apple with generous chunks of watermelon, this fruit-packed tea is overflowing with juicy melon flavour. Try it on ice and get ready to dangle your bare feet off the balcony: summer is officially here.

Ingredients: Apple, carrot, watermelon, wild strawberry leaves, honeydew melon, beetroot.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Cold Brew Sipdown (133)!

This is another one I got in my online order as a free sample; again, I’m assuming it will be returning as a part of the Summer Collection this year but that’s just a prediction. I don’t know that’ll 100% be the case.

This blend’s been in and out of the shelves for the last five or so years, right? Personally I’ve only been drinking tea for around three years myself – and even still I’ve never tried this until today. The dry leaf smell was intoxicating: it smelled like watermelon in the same wonderful way that Butiki’s Watermelon Xylophone does to me. Then I looked up the ingredients… and they are weird.

The flavour was good though! It’s not really as natural as Watermelon Xylophone is, and honestly I didn’t really expect it to be since this is DAVIDsTEA we’re talking about but my hopes were a little more up after smelling the dry aroma. It’s definitely a definitively watermelon taste though, not a generic ‘melon’ note. I quite enjoyed it and found it appropriately sweet and hydrating. The carrot/beet root didn’t bug me at all either, apart from some weird carrot sediment at the bottom of the vessel.

I totally get why this one keeps making reappearances on DT’s wall – and I can definitely see myself grabbing more to experiment with. I see lots of potential with this one, for sure.

Kristal

If I remember correctly this tea was there in 2012 when I started drinking tea and then it hasn’t made an appearance since last summer (at which time I bought 250g because I was so excited for it to be back) :)

Tea In Spoons

I thought they brought this back a few months ago in one of those prepackaged boxes. Maybe I’m mistaken?

Kristal

Hmm, not sure. I know I did buy it late in the summer last year. I heard that someone got Luscious Watermelon as a sample in their most recent online order so it might be coming back as part of the summer collection. We shall see!

Roswell Strange

@Kristal That’d be me who get it in their online order; as stated here. But @Evol is right that it did come back at some point in the prepacked boxes (along with Caramel Corn and one other I can’t remember), I just don’t remember how long back that was.

Tea In Spoons

I know it looked like an air balloon and I’m pretty sure it was 2015. I want to say after all those summer teas came out.

Tea In Spoons

I wanted to try it, but I know I can never drink enough tea.

Kristal

@Roswell Strange, oops! Sorry, must have skimmed over that part.

Roswell Strange

Also, Summer Collection Confirmed: Mango Fruit Punch, Luscious Watermelon, Caribbean Crunch, Pura Vida (still need to review), and Pom Diggity. Just Peachy is coming back as a “Core” tea. Employees are no longer allowed to say Permanent Tea ’cause things are getting discontinued more frequently…

Tea In Spoons

Thanks for confirming! Now I know what to look forward too.

Kristal

“Employees are no longer allowed to say Permanent Tea ’cause things are getting discontinued more frequently…”

What a shame that is! It makes me feel like DAVIDs is less and less reliable

I didn’t care for this herbal tea back in 2012 and I don’t care for it now. This was one of the first teas I tried from DAVIDsTEA. I purchased it in the summer of 2012 because I love all things melon and it was one of most appealing sounding varieties from that summer’s collection. The combination of carrot and watermelon didn’t jive on my palate three years ago and the same holds true now. I just made an iced glass of this tea after swapping for about 25g. I’ll be looking to re-home what I have left because I don’t think I can finish this glass. I was excited to try it again because DT’s recent releases of Melon Drop and Honey I Dew are two of my all-time favorite blends. Maybe I just prefer honeydew melon and rock melon/cantaloupe over watermelon? Or maybe the carrot is just too present in my cuppa and it just lingers on my palate? I’ll be adding carrot to the list of ingredients to avoid when it comes to tea. I should’ve paid more attention back in 2012. I believe Indian Summer also contained carrot AND watermelon, and I loathed that tea when I had such lofty expectations for it. But, I digress…

I’m glad I’m not a fan. It’ll save me from scrambling to stock up on this re-released, but LE, fan favorite. That’s just as well. The new website is a nightmarish labyrinth of glitches and programming errors. They should have enlisted the help of some Frequent Steepers to BETA test the site before launching it.

Flavors: Carrot

Very nice and fresh tasting! You get the fresh sweetness of watermelon. I like to filter it through a coffee filter after I’ve brewed it because it does have some gritty sludge that goes though my wire mesh filter basket. Not a big problem but if I have time its a bit nicer without the sludge on the bottom.

Luscious. What a great word, and very appropriately used here. I got this one in the Summer 2012 collection. Tastes like watermelon juice. Super refreshing. I’ve only ever had it iced and wouldn’t dare try it hot, but if hot fruit floats your boat, well, the heart wants what it wants.

This is fabulous as iced tea.

I have to say this is one delicious tea! It was sold out for a while and they finally had stock late aug. I love this iced, actually it taste odd hot. It is sweet, so you don’t need to add sugar. I don’t think I taste a lot of watermelon. I get more honey dew melons as apples. In my 100g tin there is barely any watermelon pieces but it taste great regardless.

This tea was…not very good.
When I smelled it from the package, it was promising. It smelled sweet and light and well…like watermelon.
When I brewed it however, the sweetness was overpowering, and instead of tasting like watermelon, the predominant flavour was peach.
I tried it again iced, but I still didn’t like it.
It was still unpalatable; incredibly sweet, and it tasted like artificial peach flavouring.

I always put way more tea than needed to make it a really great iced tea. Oops. :p Mixes great with 7-up or ginger ale.

I love Watermelon, so when I saw a watermelon flavored tea, I had to! I’ve only had this one iced, but it is so good! Steeped in my steeper for about 8 mins, poured over ice with a bit of agave nectar, HEAVEN! Refreshing, smells delicious, and doesn’t have any particularly overpowering taste of any of the fruits and they all compliment eachother wonderfully! My boyfriend even likes this one, and he hates tea :P It would be an awesome one for kids, if I had any!

Cold steeped this for… 48hrs or so… kinda forgot about it…

Added some agave… not sure how much… a squirt and a swirl…
It’s delicious. So delicious. I want to make more now. Or maybe I should just make a bigger glass next time.