Fruit Rooibos Blend
Artificial Flavouring, Calendula, Green Rooibos, Natural Flavours, Pineapple, Strawberry
Caramel, Strawberry, Sweet, Fruity, Oats, Sugar, Fruit Punch, Wood
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Ms Cannibal

• “I made Swampwater iced cubes…and added them to a glass of plain water, one of Swampwater, and one of my lemonwater (a packet of True Lemon and Splenda) and the results were phenomenal! Each...” Read full tasting note
    tea-slinger 576 tasting notes
  • “I feel like this is a tea that would do well as a seasonal Halloween item, but hey, I’m pretty happy that it’s available now so I’m not complaining. First, the appearance. The...” Read full tasting note
    Mercuryhime 525 tasting notes
  • “Okay, first things first. Swamp Music by Lynyrd Skynyrd is hopelessly stuck in my head. I blame the tea. Secondly, I haven’t had this tea in months. It is one of the first I bought at...” Read full tasting note
    Uniquity 707 tasting notes
  • “So I went to dt a couple days ago and there was only one person in the store with me, and when I asked for this tea, the man came up to me and asked what it was. He says all he could smell was the...” Read full tasting note
    Cedes 62 tasting notes

We called this tea Swampwater to keep adults away, but it doesn’t seem to work. Every time they taste it, they drink the whole thing down. Because the natural, tangy sweetness of green rooibos, guava, passionfruit and little candy sprinkles is just too irresistible. Even the murky green colour doesn’t scare them off. Maybe we should explain that it’s full of antioxidants. And caffeine-free. Reverse psychology…

Ingredients: Green rooibos, strawberry candies, sunflower, candy sprinkles, orange candies.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I remember as a kid how my friends and I would go to the corner-store and mix together five or six different slushy flavours to get what we’d call swampwater. So I when I spotted this on the Davids Tea website I knew I had to get some – for old time’s sake if nothing else. ;)

The colour is a dark, murky, greenish-black colour that wouldn’t be amiss in a real swamp (this is due to the black and orange sprinkle-thingies, I think) but despite that it tastes quite nice. It’s a tangy, fruity treat that has a bit of candy-sweetness to it that none the less isn’t obnoxiously strong.

We called ’em suicides at church camp—one squirt of everything in the pop machine.

Thank you Queenoftarts for this one. Smells fruity like strawberry Big League Chew. The liquor….swampwater! The flavor is tasty. You can’t really tell it’s a rooibos tea. Another good one from DAVIDsTEA

This is my 9 year old daughter’s favourite tea, So I’m going to let her review this one.
“I like this one as much as I can possibly like tea. The ingredients are really cool, not like you would have in a regular tea and it tastes really good. When it’s an iced tea it’s really sweet, as a hot tea it has an unusual flavour but I really like it. I prefer it as an iced tea.”

If nothing else this tea looks like swamp water.
I didn’t think I would enjoy this one, since it’s base is rooibos (not a fan over here).
I found it to have a slightly sweet strawberry flavour (like a strawberry candy-artificial). Wish it had more of that flavour. I found it lacked big time in the flavour department. I could only slightly taste the rooibos, which is great for me. I usually can’t get past the rooibos flavour.
Over all I was disappointed in the lack of flavour.

I tried this for the first time the other day and felt pretty much the same way. It’s just fairly bland and artificial tasting. I wonder if it might be tasty iced with a bit of fruit juice added in to make it more like a punch?

I had it iced. I’m not sure what would help it out. I always add more leaves than required because I like a strong tea, but it didn’t help this time.

Ew, I did not enjoy this one iced at all. I threw it out.

Did you have it hot? How was it?

I had it hot as well, and although I liked whatever fruit flavour I was smelling/tasting, I didn’t find it terribly appealing. Better than iced IMO, though!

I will have to try this hot than before I swap it out.

SO this tea is my Sister in laws Fave! I just found it so funny How watching it steep the water changed colors I could not help but laugh!!
This tea is Sooo good though i cant tells what the notes are in it but MAN ITS GOOD~!!!!

They were offering Swampwater as an iced tea sample when I visited their store. It is really good!

I got this last summer as a sample with a David’s Tea order. I like real tea so much that it was not a high priority to make this, but eventually, curiosity got the better of me. As its name suggests, it is an unappetizing murky green like a nearby pond in my neighborhood. Surprisingly, it smells pretty good after brewing it and the taste is better than expected, and different from anything I have previously had to drink. But the crazy thing is that to me, it tastes like Play-doh smells! As a child, I loved the smell of Play-doh, but I somehow knew it wouldn’t taste the way it smelled. This was decent warm, but best iced. Its a fun tea that I think kids would like, and it’s pretty healthy with the green rooibos. I would never have ordered this, with all the other teas out there, but it was an interesting experience.

Thanks SARE for the fantastic mystery swap!
This tea is fun. I can certainly see why it’s called Swampwater. But it’s very tasty! I love the little sprinkles in it! It’s fruity and sweet. You can still taste the rooibos under the sweet fruitiness. Someone had mentioned that it would make a great Halloween tea and I agree 100%! Now I want to order it and make cute little Halloween gifts for my tea-loving friends. It’s awesome :]
Thanks again!!

This tea is so fun! I love all the teas with little candy bits and fun stuff like cool colors. This smells amazing in the bag, sweet and fruity.

Brewed, it is awesome. My first steeping was a murky brown/green color, the second bright green at the beginning and then as I forgot about it (oops), it ended up a deep olive. Truly swampy.

Nice fruity taste, didn’t need to add any sugar. I think I can pick up the guava and it is tasty. The green rooibos is great (though I like red as well), light and fruity. Yum yum.

Definitely want to do this iced!

Boiling 8 min or more

I’ve been re-watching all the episodes of LOST, now that all 6 seasons are on netflix and needed a tea to accompany me. This one seemed to fit since a) they’re eating tropical fruit all the time and it got me craving some, and b) the colour is reminiscent of the smoke-monster, so why not?

I’m not going to rate this just yet, since I think I could’ve brewed it MUCH longer to draw out more flavour. It’s alright, but I’m prefering Jolly Jellybean until I’ve brewed this right.

EDIT: So, I’ve since made this again, making sure to steep super, extra long and it still came out fairly flavourless. Sigh, I suppose this will be what I brew for my 17-month-old instead of juice. As for me I’ll take a pass.

Good choice – I’ve been eyeing up LOST on Netflix wondering if I should rewatch as well.

Doooo it! Although be prepared to get completely “lost” in it since it’s so easy to say “just one more episode” once you start…

haha I’ll need a long weekend then! Marathon aw yeeeah

Cold brew, and in this mason jar I have been using to cold brew teas, the murky green colour shines through…truly swamp water. I have just another few servings of this left, and once it is gone, I can only hope that DT will bring it back on occasion to stock up on more…

I’m not sure if I am allured to this tea by the murky colour, the black cat candies, or the strawberry guava green rooibos blend…but I sure am a fan of it. I’m trying to be gracious when I have this, and get as much out of the serving as possible, as I know one day it will be gone. :(