Swampwater

Fruit Rooibos Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Nosyam

• “I made Swampwater iced cubes...and added them to a glass of plain water, one of Swampwater, and one of my lemonwater (a packet of True Lemon and Splenda) and the results were phenomenal! Each...” Read full tasting note
    tea-slinger 576 tasting notes
  • “I feel like this is a tea that would do well as a seasonal Halloween item, but hey, I'm pretty happy that it's available now so I'm not complaining. First, the appearance. The dry leaves look...” Read full tasting note
    Mercuryhime 500 tasting notes
  • “Okay, first things first. Swamp Music by Lynyrd Skynyrd is hopelessly stuck in my head. I blame the tea. Secondly, I haven't had this tea in months. It is one of the first I bought at David's Tea...” Read full tasting note
    Uniquity 682 tasting notes
  • “So I went to dt a couple days ago and there was only one person in the store with me, and when I asked for this tea, the man came up to me and asked what it was. He says all he could smell was the...” Read full tasting note
    Cedes 62 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

We called this tea Swampwater to keep adults away, but it doesn’t seem to work. Every time they taste it, they drink the whole thing down. Because the natural, tangy sweetness of green rooibos, guava, passionfruit and little candy sprinkles is just too irresistible. Even the murky green colour doesn’t scare them off. Maybe we should explain that it’s full of antioxidants. And caffeine-free. Reverse psychology…

Ingredients: Green rooibos, strawberry candies, sunflower, candy sprinkles, orange candies.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Got this as a sample as I have heard of it and was again so I tried it. It’s got an interesting tangy, sweet taste and an interesting green tinge to it. It’s quite strange but with a name like swampwater what can you expect!? I quite like the taste it’s a nice blend with hints of various fruits and the green rooibos is very good. I quite enjoy this blend.

I really enjoyed this one, it colors the water an interesting bluish-green that I’ve never seen before in tea, and has a medley of flavors that tantalize your inner child. I found the leaves very fine…..and if you don’t have an infuser with close knit meshers or a mesh ball that clamps tightly you’ll find a bit of the tea leaves floating in your cup like logs or twigs. This really gave credence to its namesake. I’m not sure if this was an intended effect or not, but having to spit out the leaves during my first cup was a bit of annoyance. Overall it was a fun and enjoyable drink, I’d definitely purchase it again.

WOW! The second I saw it start to brew, I understood the name! I am very visual so the sight made me rethink my first sip, but it is delish! It reminds me a little of birthday cake. I added 1 tsp of German rock sugar, but I think it probably didn’t need it.

A Yum from me!

This tea is okay. Considering I don’t like green rooibos, it’s not bad. It is a green-brown colour, and will leave an orange ring around the top of your mug from the orange sprinkles (washes out). The smell after brewing is sweet and fruity. The taste is not so fruity to me, but more just the green rooibos with a hint of sweetness from the candy. It’s limited edition for Summer 2010, so it’s worth a try but you have to order soon before it’s all gone.

Another old sample sipdown.

Another cold brewed fruityish blend but with only a vague fruitiness to it. The rooibos was green so it wasn’t haylike of woodsy, thankfully. But I didn’t get more than a mere suggestion of fruitiness in my cup.

Could be I underleafed it, could be just because it was really old, either way I drank it with supper and it wasn’t impressive or delicious whatsoever. Just something to quench my thirst.

I won’t rate it, but I definitely remember enjoying it more when it was fresh, but it’s been a lonnnng time. I think I drank it not back then so maybe that made a difference also.

Anyway.

Amariel

I love this one, and am thankful that it is green rooibos too. Hoping the new cotton candy one will be like this.

Don’t really know what I was expecting with this murky green coloured tea…. But oh my, it was even better than I thought! I did add some agave, though, so that may have helped. There are still other flavours I like better, but I did appreciate the presence of strawberry in this one.

Thank you Faith for sharing this with me. I really expected to love it but something in the blend is just not for me. I think perhaps I expected more strawberry flavor and less rooibos but that is not what I am getting. It is not bad but just not something I need to have again, which is good because it is not available anymore.

“Why would they call this swampwater?” I thought. That is a very non descriptive name. Then I steeped it. Oh, that’s why. I’m guessing it is the black sprinkles that turn the water a deep olive color. I’m not sure what the oily stuff floating on the top is, aside from swampy.The rooibos is nice. I think I prefer green over regular rooibos. Unfortunately I don’t get much else from this tea. I taste a slight fruitiness to it, but it is just a light generic flavor. It gets a big old meh. MEH.
It reminds me of a weaker version of Della Terra’s Black Cat and comparing the two, they look exactly the same in the bag! Now I’m going to have to steep a cup of Black Cat and see how the taste compares too!

Despite the meh, thanks goes out to Moraiwe for the sample. :)

Dustin

Ok, yup same as Black Cat. Tastes much better with sugar.

Well I tried it iced today. Mehhhhh, still not my favorite but much better than hot. There’s still that weird something in the semi-background that I just don’t like. I put lots of agave in it too so that might have helped.

Iced

This tea blows my mind.

It has the grounded green rooibos taste with the sweetness of childhood and a colour that makes me smile. I love that it has the sweetness built in so I can have it on the go and not worry about having it be too bitter, but it’s not so sweet that I’m overwhelmed. For me they really hit the mark on this one! I’m so disappointed that it is being discontinued! I’m definitely going to be ordering a nice big tin to stock up!