Fruit Rooibos Blend
Artificial Flavouring, Calendula, Green Rooibos, Natural Flavours, Pineapple, Strawberry
Fruity, Rooibos, Strawberry, Caramel, Sweet, Oats, Sugar, Fruit Punch, Wood
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Ms Cannibal

• “I made Swampwater iced cubes…and added them to a glass of plain water, one of Swampwater, and one of my lemonwater (a packet of True Lemon and Splenda) and the results were phenomenal! Each...” Read full tasting note
    tea-slinger 576 tasting notes
  • “I feel like this is a tea that would do well as a seasonal Halloween item, but hey, I’m pretty happy that it’s available now so I’m not complaining. First, the appearance. The...” Read full tasting note
    Mercuryhime 525 tasting notes
  • “Okay, first things first. Swamp Music by Lynyrd Skynyrd is hopelessly stuck in my head. I blame the tea. Secondly, I haven’t had this tea in months. It is one of the first I bought at...” Read full tasting note
    Uniquity 709 tasting notes
  • “So I went to dt a couple days ago and there was only one person in the store with me, and when I asked for this tea, the man came up to me and asked what it was. He says all he could smell was the...” Read full tasting note
    Cedes 62 tasting notes

We called this tea Swampwater to keep adults away, but it doesn’t seem to work. Every time they taste it, they drink the whole thing down. Because the natural, tangy sweetness of green rooibos, guava, passionfruit and little candy sprinkles is just too irresistible. Even the murky green colour doesn’t scare them off. Maybe we should explain that it’s full of antioxidants. And caffeine-free. Reverse psychology…

Ingredients: Green rooibos, strawberry candies, sunflower, candy sprinkles, orange candies.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I really enjoyed this one, it colors the water an interesting bluish-green that I’ve never seen before in tea, and has a medley of flavors that tantalize your inner child. I found the leaves very fine…..and if you don’t have an infuser with close knit meshers or a mesh ball that clamps tightly you’ll find a bit of the tea leaves floating in your cup like logs or twigs. This really gave credence to its namesake. I’m not sure if this was an intended effect or not, but having to spit out the leaves during my first cup was a bit of annoyance. Overall it was a fun and enjoyable drink, I’d definitely purchase it again.

WOW! The second I saw it start to brew, I understood the name! I am very visual so the sight made me rethink my first sip, but it is delish! It reminds me a little of birthday cake. I added 1 tsp of German rock sugar, but I think it probably didn’t need it.

A Yum from me!

This tea is okay. Considering I don’t like green rooibos, it’s not bad. It is a green-brown colour, and will leave an orange ring around the top of your mug from the orange sprinkles (washes out). The smell after brewing is sweet and fruity. The taste is not so fruity to me, but more just the green rooibos with a hint of sweetness from the candy. It’s limited edition for Summer 2010, so it’s worth a try but you have to order soon before it’s all gone.

This is a queued tasting note.

So, this has come back around Halloween a few times since I’ve been into tea and each time I’ve wanted to try it but have been a fingertips length away from getting my grubby hands on a sample. Not this time though! I finally got some in the Back From The Dead collection.

So, I cold brewed this one ‘cause when I smelled the dry leaf I got a really nice “Strawberries and Cream” aroma and I thought that would translate well to cold preparation. Man does it look ugly though! Very much a puke-ish looking green, but I guess that’s definitely the intention with the name “Swampwater”. That orange and black sprinkle mix really does the trick with executing the name/inspiration of this tea.

The flavour was nice, though a little lighter than I expected given the strength of the dry aroma. It’s very simple, and to me reads as muted/light Strawberries & Cream. I have to say, the juxtaposition between liquor appearance and flavour is a bit jarring and mismatched. But I liked it overall even if it was a little plain and simple.

Song Pairing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8GRiiaef3s&list=LL1M1wDjmJD4SJr_CwzXAGuQ&index=1

Well THIS was a lovely surprise.

I think I saw this briefly at DAVID’s when I was first getting into tea and I though “ew, swampwater…” (maybe they should work on the marketing for that one). And then I saw it was a rooibos, which didn’t help its case. However, reading some of the reviews had me intrigued (plus brought to light the fact it’s a green rooibos, which I haven’t had a chance to try before now (at least that I know of)).

Well this truly lives up to the hype! Fruity with a hint of sour (really getting a kiwi vibe here). Not much else to say about it, but it’s good, not too sweet, and packed with flavour! I would like to see how it preforms cold. Will very much enjoy what I have left.

On a side note, the murky green it brews up to is not necessarily the most appealing, though it adds to its charm as a Halloween tea.

Did they actually have this available in bulk or was this a TOTD? Or did you pick up that set? Because the sales associate told me the other day that in order to get any at all, I’d have to buy some set because they weren’t going to get it bulk. Hmm.

It was in a set. Which was fine with me because I hadn’t tried any of the other teas that came in it. I think you can also order it in bulk online, if you’re dying to get some.

Ah ok, yeah, I have been tempted to order it online. Damn, was hoping they were bringing them into stores bulk after all!

Not sold in bulk? I wonder who says this nonsense? :)

The Swedish Chef does, that’s who.

I hated that they didn’t sell spiced pumpkin in bulk either. Had to go and buy $50 on the DAVIDs website which I was trying to avoid. I bought $30-something in tea and a $20 gift card to make it work :/

Yeah, I’m still considering doing the same but it’s so hard to justify having to drop $50 on random stuff all because of one tea.

Just a heads up, David’s is currently doing free shipping on all orders and there’s still some of this in stock.

I finally got a sample of this tea from someone and got around to trying it today. When I poured in the hot water, I thought ‘I can see why they called it Swampwater’ since the colour of the tea is a murky greenish. I really enjoy this tea, and I’m sad that I only had enough for one cup. Maybe I can get one more steep out of it. It tastes fruity, and I can definitely taste the strawberry in this, which is nice.

Flavors: Fruity, Rooibos, Strawberry

I got this as a Halloween tea. It smelled fruity and I love rooibos so I was excited to try it. After the timer went off I noticed that the tea lived up to its name- it looked exactly like swampwater being all murky green and all. I was kinda reluctant to try it as it looked like hazardous liquid, but I knew better. I was glad I did because it was yummy. A very nice treat for Halloween.

Flavors: Fruity

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

Interesting name, which I’ll admit, initially put me off. The colour is… unattractive as well. However I really enjoy the natural sweetness of the Rooibos tea coming through, as well as the unmistakeable taste of strawberries. I do wish this tea wasn’t retired though, as I’d like to stock up on more.

Flavors: Caramel, Strawberry, Sweet

205 °F / 96 °C 4 min, 30 sec 5 g 12 OZ / 354 ML

156 – look at all those sipdowns. :)

Thank you VariaTea for giving me a sample of this. I’d heard a lot about it, but for some reason, never picked any up. I didn’t realize it was green rooibos! It gets lots of points for that. I can taste the guava and the passionfruit, but it’s not as sweet as I expected. I suspect it would taste even better iced, so I might grab a little more in the spring!

Thanks again! :D

It was only back for Halloween :(

Aww. Booooo.Good to know. Guess I’ll jump on it next year.

I love drinking swampwater. Not because of the name to an oh so cute tea but because it makes me feel rejuvenated. Just like if I was drinking a witch’s brew for energy, despite the fact that the tea is classified as not having any sort of stimulant or caffeine. It’s just a good tea to read anything to and to enjoy hot on any occasion, but should definitely have the tea drinker keeping in mind the tea’s namesake. The tea made me realized that I have not read near enough books as I would like on witches. With this tea, I would like to explore that genre more closely.

Books recommended for this tea are: The Witch’s Daughter by Paula Brackston, Rosemary’s Baby by Ira Levin, The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis