Swampwater

Fruit Rooibos Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Nosyam

• “I made Swampwater iced cubes...and added them to a glass of plain water, one of Swampwater, and one of my lemonwater (a packet of True Lemon and Splenda) and the results were phenomenal! Each...” Read full tasting note
    tea-slinger 576 tasting notes
  • “I feel like this is a tea that would do well as a seasonal Halloween item, but hey, I'm pretty happy that it's available now so I'm not complaining. First, the appearance. The dry leaves look...” Read full tasting note
    Mercuryhime 482 tasting notes
  • “Okay, first things first. Swamp Music by Lynyrd Skynyrd is hopelessly stuck in my head. I blame the tea. Secondly, I haven't had this tea in months. It is one of the first I bought at David's Tea...” Read full tasting note
    Uniquity 674 tasting notes
  • “So I went to dt a couple days ago and there was only one person in the store with me, and when I asked for this tea, the man came up to me and asked what it was. He says all he could smell was the...” Read full tasting note
    Cedes 62 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

We called this tea Swampwater to keep adults away, but it doesn’t seem to work. Every time they taste it, they drink the whole thing down. Because the natural, tangy sweetness of green rooibos, guava, passionfruit and little candy sprinkles is just too irresistible. Even the murky green colour doesn’t scare them off. Maybe we should explain that it’s full of antioxidants. And caffeine-free. Reverse psychology…

Ingredients: Green rooibos, strawberry candies, sunflower, candy sprinkles, orange candies.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Got this as a sample as I have heard of it and was again so I tried it. It’s got an interesting tangy, sweet taste and an interesting green tinge to it. It’s quite strange but with a name like swampwater what can you expect!? I quite like the taste it’s a nice blend with hints of various fruits and the green rooibos is very good. I quite enjoy this blend.

I really enjoyed this one, it colors the water an interesting bluish-green that I’ve never seen before in tea, and has a medley of flavors that tantalize your inner child. I found the leaves very fine…..and if you don’t have an infuser with close knit meshers or a mesh ball that clamps tightly you’ll find a bit of the tea leaves floating in your cup like logs or twigs. This really gave credence to its namesake. I’m not sure if this was an intended effect or not, but having to spit out the leaves during my first cup was a bit of annoyance. Overall it was a fun and enjoyable drink, I’d definitely purchase it again.

WOW! The second I saw it start to brew, I understood the name! I am very visual so the sight made me rethink my first sip, but it is delish! It reminds me a little of birthday cake. I added 1 tsp of German rock sugar, but I think it probably didn’t need it.

A Yum from me!

This tea is okay. Considering I don’t like green rooibos, it’s not bad. It is a green-brown colour, and will leave an orange ring around the top of your mug from the orange sprinkles (washes out). The smell after brewing is sweet and fruity. The taste is not so fruity to me, but more just the green rooibos with a hint of sweetness from the candy. It’s limited edition for Summer 2010, so it’s worth a try but you have to order soon before it’s all gone.

Thank you Faith for sharing this with me. I really expected to love it but something in the blend is just not for me. I think perhaps I expected more strawberry flavor and less rooibos but that is not what I am getting. It is not bad but just not something I need to have again, which is good because it is not available anymore.

“Why would they call this swampwater?” I thought. That is a very non descriptive name. Then I steeped it. Oh, that’s why. I’m guessing it is the black sprinkles that turn the water a deep olive color. I’m not sure what the oily stuff floating on the top is, aside from swampy.The rooibos is nice. I think I prefer green over regular rooibos. Unfortunately I don’t get much else from this tea. I taste a slight fruitiness to it, but it is just a light generic flavor. It gets a big old meh. MEH.
It reminds me of a weaker version of Della Terra’s Black Cat and comparing the two, they look exactly the same in the bag! Now I’m going to have to steep a cup of Black Cat and see how the taste compares too!

Despite the meh, thanks goes out to Moraiwe for the sample. :)

Dustin

Ok, yup same as Black Cat. Tastes much better with sugar.

Well I tried it iced today. Mehhhhh, still not my favorite but much better than hot. There’s still that weird something in the semi-background that I just don’t like. I put lots of agave in it too so that might have helped.

Iced

This tea blows my mind.

It has the grounded green rooibos taste with the sweetness of childhood and a colour that makes me smile. I love that it has the sweetness built in so I can have it on the go and not worry about having it be too bitter, but it’s not so sweet that I’m overwhelmed. For me they really hit the mark on this one! I’m so disappointed that it is being discontinued! I’m definitely going to be ordering a nice big tin to stock up!

At first i really didn’t like this tea. When i first opened the bag it immediately smelled like marijuana to me (maybe that’s the roobios smell?). Then i put some of the leaves in my little infuser thing and the leaves were so small that they spilled out everywhere into my drink and i got leaves in my mouth ( i have a thing with texture, so this was a much bigger deal to me than just swallowing them down). The flavor was ok, it was fruity, and it had that dark green color which i actually thought was kind of neat, but it still smelled like marijuana to me, even after being steeped.
Over the next few days I attended to the other flavored teas i bought and got a little better at not making a mess with the leaves and figuring out how much per cup of tea.
Yesterday i made a large travel size mug of the swampwater and brought it to work with me and i have to say i was thoroughly impressed with it, of course the little leaves still sneak out of the infuser but it wasn’t as much and i just tried to ignore it. I could really taste the passion fruit while it was warm and then towards the end of my shift my tea had turned cold and on the way home i had nothing else to drink so i drank it cold and it was even more delicious. I think this tea will be a wonderful addition to a summer picnic, on ice of course. I still plan to experiment with it. Also like i said in my bio im new to this, so im not even sure if im doing it right.

The colour is indeed off-putting. People (including the man I’m married to) rave about this one, but to me, it’s rather nondescript. Sugary-sweet and not overly memorable. But, cat sprinkles! So, yay for that.