Swampwater

Fruit Rooibos Blend
Artificial Flavouring, Calendula, Green Rooibos, Natural Flavours, Pineapple, Strawberry
Fruity, Oats, Strawberry, Sugar, Sweet, Fruit Punch, Wood
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Ms Cannibal

• “I made Swampwater iced cubes...and added them to a glass of plain water, one of Swampwater, and one of my lemonwater (a packet of True Lemon and Splenda) and the results were phenomenal! Each...” Read full tasting note
    tea-slinger 576 tasting notes
  • “I feel like this is a tea that would do well as a seasonal Halloween item, but hey, I'm pretty happy that it's available now so I'm not complaining. First, the appearance. The dry leaves look...” Read full tasting note
    Mercuryhime 520 tasting notes
  • “Okay, first things first. Swamp Music by Lynyrd Skynyrd is hopelessly stuck in my head. I blame the tea. Secondly, I haven't had this tea in months. It is one of the first I bought at David's Tea...” Read full tasting note
    Uniquity 698 tasting notes
  • “So I went to dt a couple days ago and there was only one person in the store with me, and when I asked for this tea, the man came up to me and asked what it was. He says all he could smell was the...” Read full tasting note
    Cedes 62 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

We called this tea Swampwater to keep adults away, but it doesn’t seem to work. Every time they taste it, they drink the whole thing down. Because the natural, tangy sweetness of green rooibos, guava, passionfruit and little candy sprinkles is just too irresistible. Even the murky green colour doesn’t scare them off. Maybe we should explain that it’s full of antioxidants. And caffeine-free. Reverse psychology…

Ingredients: Green rooibos, strawberry candies, sunflower, candy sprinkles, orange candies.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Got this as a sample as I have heard of it and was again so I tried it. It’s got an interesting tangy, sweet taste and an interesting green tinge to it. It’s quite strange but with a name like swampwater what can you expect!? I quite like the taste it’s a nice blend with hints of various fruits and the green rooibos is very good. I quite enjoy this blend.

I really enjoyed this one, it colors the water an interesting bluish-green that I’ve never seen before in tea, and has a medley of flavors that tantalize your inner child. I found the leaves very fine…..and if you don’t have an infuser with close knit meshers or a mesh ball that clamps tightly you’ll find a bit of the tea leaves floating in your cup like logs or twigs. This really gave credence to its namesake. I’m not sure if this was an intended effect or not, but having to spit out the leaves during my first cup was a bit of annoyance. Overall it was a fun and enjoyable drink, I’d definitely purchase it again.

WOW! The second I saw it start to brew, I understood the name! I am very visual so the sight made me rethink my first sip, but it is delish! It reminds me a little of birthday cake. I added 1 tsp of German rock sugar, but I think it probably didn’t need it.

A Yum from me!

This tea is okay. Considering I don’t like green rooibos, it’s not bad. It is a green-brown colour, and will leave an orange ring around the top of your mug from the orange sprinkles (washes out). The smell after brewing is sweet and fruity. The taste is not so fruity to me, but more just the green rooibos with a hint of sweetness from the candy. It’s limited edition for Summer 2010, so it’s worth a try but you have to order soon before it’s all gone.

Made this one last night after I finished off the Lime Gelato. Dry it smells like fruity oatmeal and hot the taste is similar. It’s not actually super grainy in taste, it just leans that way (smell influencing how the taste is perceived?). I accidentally left this one sitting and, when I came back to it, it had cooled down to room temperature. I expected this to be bitter (too many green teas lately?) but it was SO FRUITY AND DELICIOUS. Wow! I don’t normally go for iced tea or cold brews, but this was so tasty cold I think I have to try it.

Flavors: Fruity, Oats

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I’m not big on strawberry flavoring in teas, and this tea reminded me way. I don’t have much to say about it other than our tasted like the nerds candies.

Flavors: Strawberry, Sugar, Sweet

2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

I don’t go caffeine-free often, although I probably should do more often. Any case, I bought this twice without even really wanting it, because it came in the “Back from the Dead” collection, and also in a little coffin box with a black cat on it. And again, no power to resist anything spooky! So now I have a lot of Swampwater, haha. Fortunately, I quite enjoyed it! It tastes like a really nice fruit punch, and that’s about all I remember tasting. I was rather distracted at the time doing other stuff around the house, and it was kind of late in the evening, but I’ll definitely keep this one in mind for future evening hot drinks, and maybe I’ll hang on to a bit to try it iced in warmer weather. Because winter is coming. ;)

Flavors: Fruit Punch

Boiling 6 min, 0 sec 5 g 16 OZ / 473 ML

This was one of my first teas from DAVIDs, and I have fond memories of drinking this with my roommate. I was quite happy to see it return, though I’m not as excited by it as I recall being.

There’s lots of woody rooibos flavour, and a touch of that throat scratchiness, and then a lot of fruit, but not specific fruit notes I can pick out.

Still very tasty but I think my palate has broadened and my tastes have shifted since I last had this.

Flavors: Fruity, Wood

I was SOOOO excited to see this tea show up for Halloween. We started drinking tea when this one was still a bit of a big deal but was no longer available. I badly wanted to try it but it just was not around. I ran down to David’s last night to pick up some of it and it was amazing! It lived up to all of my expectations! I like green rooibos so much better than red and the green rooibos blends so well with the fruit flavours. I am glad to see this one back and I hope it sticks around on line for a little while!

Anlina

I’m super pumped for this one too. It was one of the first DAVIDs teas that I tried, and I have fond memories of drinking it with my roommate at our old house.

Another old sample sipdown.

Another cold brewed fruityish blend but with only a vague fruitiness to it. The rooibos was green so it wasn’t haylike of woodsy, thankfully. But I didn’t get more than a mere suggestion of fruitiness in my cup.

Could be I underleafed it, could be just because it was really old, either way I drank it with supper and it wasn’t impressive or delicious whatsoever. Just something to quench my thirst.

I won’t rate it, but I definitely remember enjoying it more when it was fresh, but it’s been a lonnnng time. I think I drank it not back then so maybe that made a difference also.

Anyway.

Amariel

I love this one, and am thankful that it is green rooibos too. Hoping the new cotton candy one will be like this.