Swampwater

Fruit Rooibos Blend
Artificial Flavouring, Calendula, Green Rooibos, Natural Flavours, Pineapple, Strawberry
Fruity, Oats, Strawberry, Sugar, Sweet, Fruit Punch, Wood
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Ms Cannibal

• “I made Swampwater iced cubes…and added them to a glass of plain water, one of Swampwater, and one of my lemonwater (a packet of True Lemon and Splenda) and the results were phenomenal! Each...” Read full tasting note
    tea-slinger 576 tasting notes
  • “I feel like this is a tea that would do well as a seasonal Halloween item, but hey, I’m pretty happy that it’s available now so I’m not complaining. First, the appearance. The...” Read full tasting note
    Mercuryhime 521 tasting notes
  • “Okay, first things first. Swamp Music by Lynyrd Skynyrd is hopelessly stuck in my head. I blame the tea. Secondly, I haven’t had this tea in months. It is one of the first I bought at...” Read full tasting note
    Uniquity 704 tasting notes
  • “So I went to dt a couple days ago and there was only one person in the store with me, and when I asked for this tea, the man came up to me and asked what it was. He says all he could smell was the...” Read full tasting note
    Cedes 62 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

We called this tea Swampwater to keep adults away, but it doesn’t seem to work. Every time they taste it, they drink the whole thing down. Because the natural, tangy sweetness of green rooibos, guava, passionfruit and little candy sprinkles is just too irresistible. Even the murky green colour doesn’t scare them off. Maybe we should explain that it’s full of antioxidants. And caffeine-free. Reverse psychology…

Ingredients: Green rooibos, strawberry candies, sunflower, candy sprinkles, orange candies.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Got this as a sample as I have heard of it and was again so I tried it. It’s got an interesting tangy, sweet taste and an interesting green tinge to it. It’s quite strange but with a name like swampwater what can you expect!? I quite like the taste it’s a nice blend with hints of various fruits and the green rooibos is very good. I quite enjoy this blend.

I really enjoyed this one, it colors the water an interesting bluish-green that I’ve never seen before in tea, and has a medley of flavors that tantalize your inner child. I found the leaves very fine…..and if you don’t have an infuser with close knit meshers or a mesh ball that clamps tightly you’ll find a bit of the tea leaves floating in your cup like logs or twigs. This really gave credence to its namesake. I’m not sure if this was an intended effect or not, but having to spit out the leaves during my first cup was a bit of annoyance. Overall it was a fun and enjoyable drink, I’d definitely purchase it again.

WOW! The second I saw it start to brew, I understood the name! I am very visual so the sight made me rethink my first sip, but it is delish! It reminds me a little of birthday cake. I added 1 tsp of German rock sugar, but I think it probably didn’t need it.

A Yum from me!

This tea is okay. Considering I don’t like green rooibos, it’s not bad. It is a green-brown colour, and will leave an orange ring around the top of your mug from the orange sprinkles (washes out). The smell after brewing is sweet and fruity. The taste is not so fruity to me, but more just the green rooibos with a hint of sweetness from the candy. It’s limited edition for Summer 2010, so it’s worth a try but you have to order soon before it’s all gone.

156 – look at all those sipdowns. :)

Thank you VariaTea for giving me a sample of this. I’d heard a lot about it, but for some reason, never picked any up. I didn’t realize it was green rooibos! It gets lots of points for that. I can taste the guava and the passionfruit, but it’s not as sweet as I expected. I suspect it would taste even better iced, so I might grab a little more in the spring!

Thanks again! :D

Kittenna

It was only back for Halloween :(

Cavocorax

Aww. Booooo.Good to know. Guess I’ll jump on it next year.

I love drinking swampwater. Not because of the name to an oh so cute tea but because it makes me feel rejuvenated. Just like if I was drinking a witch’s brew for energy, despite the fact that the tea is classified as not having any sort of stimulant or caffeine. It’s just a good tea to read anything to and to enjoy hot on any occasion, but should definitely have the tea drinker keeping in mind the tea’s namesake. The tea made me realized that I have not read near enough books as I would like on witches. With this tea, I would like to explore that genre more closely.

Books recommended for this tea are: The Witch’s Daughter by Paula Brackston, Rosemary’s Baby by Ira Levin, The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis

This sample came out of a lovely holiday package from a Steepsterite who would rather remain anonymous. I wasn’t sure what to expect from it as the name is decidedly unappetizing, but the included flavors sound fruity and nice. I was confused by the addition of sprinkles until I saw the color of the steeped tea – dark sludgy green/black. Dry, the tea smells fruity and somewhat tart.

Meh, there’s not enough flavor here for me. Green rooibos is very mild to begin with, and the fruit flavoring is quite subtle, so it kind of ends up tasting like a big cup of bland. And for some reason it’s making my throat scratchy/itchy, which isn’t something that usually happens to me with rooibos. I guess this one’s just not for me!

Flavors: Fruity

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Made this one last night after I finished off the Lime Gelato. Dry it smells like fruity oatmeal and hot the taste is similar. It’s not actually super grainy in taste, it just leans that way (smell influencing how the taste is perceived?). I accidentally left this one sitting and, when I came back to it, it had cooled down to room temperature. I expected this to be bitter (too many green teas lately?) but it was SO FRUITY AND DELICIOUS. Wow! I don’t normally go for iced tea or cold brews, but this was so tasty cold I think I have to try it.

Flavors: Fruity, Oats

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I’m not big on strawberry flavoring in teas, and this tea reminded me way. I don’t have much to say about it other than our tasted like the nerds candies.

Flavors: Strawberry, Sugar, Sweet

2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

I don’t go caffeine-free often, although I probably should do more often. Any case, I bought this twice without even really wanting it, because it came in the “Back from the Dead” collection, and also in a little coffin box with a black cat on it. And again, no power to resist anything spooky! So now I have a lot of Swampwater, haha. Fortunately, I quite enjoyed it! It tastes like a really nice fruit punch, and that’s about all I remember tasting. I was rather distracted at the time doing other stuff around the house, and it was kind of late in the evening, but I’ll definitely keep this one in mind for future evening hot drinks, and maybe I’ll hang on to a bit to try it iced in warmer weather. Because winter is coming. ;)

Flavors: Fruit Punch