Swampwater

Fruit Rooibos Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Nosyam

• “I made Swampwater iced cubes...and added them to a glass of plain water, one of Swampwater, and one of my lemonwater (a packet of True Lemon and Splenda) and the results were phenomenal! Each...” Read full tasting note
    tea-slinger 576 tasting notes
  • “I feel like this is a tea that would do well as a seasonal Halloween item, but hey, I'm pretty happy that it's available now so I'm not complaining. First, the appearance. The dry leaves look...” Read full tasting note
    Mercuryhime 511 tasting notes
  • “Okay, first things first. Swamp Music by Lynyrd Skynyrd is hopelessly stuck in my head. I blame the tea. Secondly, I haven't had this tea in months. It is one of the first I bought at David's Tea...” Read full tasting note
    Uniquity 688 tasting notes
  • “So I went to dt a couple days ago and there was only one person in the store with me, and when I asked for this tea, the man came up to me and asked what it was. He says all he could smell was the...” Read full tasting note
    Cedes 62 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

We called this tea Swampwater to keep adults away, but it doesn’t seem to work. Every time they taste it, they drink the whole thing down. Because the natural, tangy sweetness of green rooibos, guava, passionfruit and little candy sprinkles is just too irresistible. Even the murky green colour doesn’t scare them off. Maybe we should explain that it’s full of antioxidants. And caffeine-free. Reverse psychology…

Ingredients: Green rooibos, strawberry candies, sunflower, candy sprinkles, orange candies.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

At first i really didn’t like this tea. When i first opened the bag it immediately smelled like marijuana to me (maybe that’s the roobios smell?). Then i put some of the leaves in my little infuser thing and the leaves were so small that they spilled out everywhere into my drink and i got leaves in my mouth ( i have a thing with texture, so this was a much bigger deal to me than just swallowing them down). The flavor was ok, it was fruity, and it had that dark green color which i actually thought was kind of neat, but it still smelled like marijuana to me, even after being steeped.
Over the next few days I attended to the other flavored teas i bought and got a little better at not making a mess with the leaves and figuring out how much per cup of tea.
Yesterday i made a large travel size mug of the swampwater and brought it to work with me and i have to say i was thoroughly impressed with it, of course the little leaves still sneak out of the infuser but it wasn’t as much and i just tried to ignore it. I could really taste the passion fruit while it was warm and then towards the end of my shift my tea had turned cold and on the way home i had nothing else to drink so i drank it cold and it was even more delicious. I think this tea will be a wonderful addition to a summer picnic, on ice of course. I still plan to experiment with it. Also like i said in my bio im new to this, so im not even sure if im doing it right.

The colour is indeed off-putting. People (including the man I’m married to) rave about this one, but to me, it’s rather nondescript. Sugary-sweet and not overly memorable. But, cat sprinkles! So, yay for that.

Turns out I DID get this as a free sample from David’s when buying online! I found it underneath my bookcase when cleaning my room.

I like this tea, and will definately buy it one I run out of one of my other rooibos teas :)

Finally my first taste of the famed swamp water. I have wanted to try this for awhile now, so I got a sample, just 20g, to try it. And I love it! The guava is perfect. The colour did throw me off a bit and the water doesn’t steep through my Steeper that well (it gets clogged). But I will definitely be buying a big tin of this for the winter. Perfect warm me up.

I got at 10g sample of this to try.

First the color is really murky dark green when you brew it. Kinda weird when you look at it

The flavor to me taste sweet but in an artificial way I can’t quite figure out what it reminds me of. I don’t think I will buy it again. I tried it hot so maybe it will be better iced.

bought this purely because it was limited edition and the reviews were good.
honestly, not too big a fan. i’ll hang on to it for the novelty (cat sprinkles!) and it smells soooo good, but i wont be buying any more unfortunately.

It smells fruity and reminds me of sweet and sour candy. Good name too, looks just like swamp water. It’s good. Has a slight taste of sweet-tart candy, easy to drink. Just as the label suggests I am sure kids would have no problem drinking this tea.

I just bought 50g of this tea because I really wasn’t sure if I’d like it. The name and what colour it turns had me a little worried. I ended up making it in a travel mug at work for the first trying of this tea, and I must say, I’m totally in LOVE!! This tea has a beautiful fruity taste and smell. I was whisked away to a sweet heaven drinking this tea. I couldn’t believe how delicious it was for such a weird sounding tea. I MUST buy more of this tea before it goes back into retirement. It is just so good! I’ll be very sad when my cupboard runs out of this stuff.