Swampwater

Fruit Rooibos Blend
Artificial Flavouring, Calendula, Green Rooibos, Natural Flavours, Pineapple, Strawberry
Fruity, Rooibos, Strawberry, Caramel, Sweet, Oats, Sugar, Fruit Punch, Wood
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Ms Cannibal

• “I made Swampwater iced cubes…and added them to a glass of plain water, one of Swampwater, and one of my lemonwater (a packet of True Lemon and Splenda) and the results were phenomenal! Each...” Read full tasting note
    tea-slinger 576 tasting notes
  • “I feel like this is a tea that would do well as a seasonal Halloween item, but hey, I’m pretty happy that it’s available now so I’m not complaining. First, the appearance. The...” Read full tasting note
    Mercuryhime 525 tasting notes
  • “Okay, first things first. Swamp Music by Lynyrd Skynyrd is hopelessly stuck in my head. I blame the tea. Secondly, I haven’t had this tea in months. It is one of the first I bought at...” Read full tasting note
    Uniquity 709 tasting notes
  • “So I went to dt a couple days ago and there was only one person in the store with me, and when I asked for this tea, the man came up to me and asked what it was. He says all he could smell was the...” Read full tasting note
    Cedes 62 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

We called this tea Swampwater to keep adults away, but it doesn’t seem to work. Every time they taste it, they drink the whole thing down. Because the natural, tangy sweetness of green rooibos, guava, passionfruit and little candy sprinkles is just too irresistible. Even the murky green colour doesn’t scare them off. Maybe we should explain that it’s full of antioxidants. And caffeine-free. Reverse psychology…

Ingredients: Green rooibos, strawberry candies, sunflower, candy sprinkles, orange candies.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I’m not big on strawberry flavoring in teas, and this tea reminded me way. I don’t have much to say about it other than our tasted like the nerds candies.

Flavors: Strawberry, Sugar, Sweet

2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

I don’t go caffeine-free often, although I probably should do more often. Any case, I bought this twice without even really wanting it, because it came in the “Back from the Dead” collection, and also in a little coffin box with a black cat on it. And again, no power to resist anything spooky! So now I have a lot of Swampwater, haha. Fortunately, I quite enjoyed it! It tastes like a really nice fruit punch, and that’s about all I remember tasting. I was rather distracted at the time doing other stuff around the house, and it was kind of late in the evening, but I’ll definitely keep this one in mind for future evening hot drinks, and maybe I’ll hang on to a bit to try it iced in warmer weather. Because winter is coming. ;)

Flavors: Fruit Punch

Boiling 6 min, 0 sec 5 g 16 OZ / 473 ML

This was one of my first teas from DAVIDs, and I have fond memories of drinking this with my roommate. I was quite happy to see it return, though I’m not as excited by it as I recall being.

There’s lots of woody rooibos flavour, and a touch of that throat scratchiness, and then a lot of fruit, but not specific fruit notes I can pick out.

Still very tasty but I think my palate has broadened and my tastes have shifted since I last had this.

Flavors: Fruity, Wood

I was SOOOO excited to see this tea show up for Halloween. We started drinking tea when this one was still a bit of a big deal but was no longer available. I badly wanted to try it but it just was not around. I ran down to David’s last night to pick up some of it and it was amazing! It lived up to all of my expectations! I like green rooibos so much better than red and the green rooibos blends so well with the fruit flavours. I am glad to see this one back and I hope it sticks around on line for a little while!

Anlina

I’m super pumped for this one too. It was one of the first DAVIDs teas that I tried, and I have fond memories of drinking it with my roommate at our old house.

Another old sample sipdown.

Another cold brewed fruityish blend but with only a vague fruitiness to it. The rooibos was green so it wasn’t haylike of woodsy, thankfully. But I didn’t get more than a mere suggestion of fruitiness in my cup.

Could be I underleafed it, could be just because it was really old, either way I drank it with supper and it wasn’t impressive or delicious whatsoever. Just something to quench my thirst.

I won’t rate it, but I definitely remember enjoying it more when it was fresh, but it’s been a lonnnng time. I think I drank it not back then so maybe that made a difference also.

Anyway.

Plunkybug

I love this one, and am thankful that it is green rooibos too. Hoping the new cotton candy one will be like this.

Don’t really know what I was expecting with this murky green coloured tea…. But oh my, it was even better than I thought! I did add some agave, though, so that may have helped. There are still other flavours I like better, but I did appreciate the presence of strawberry in this one.

Thank you Faith for sharing this with me. I really expected to love it but something in the blend is just not for me. I think perhaps I expected more strawberry flavor and less rooibos but that is not what I am getting. It is not bad but just not something I need to have again, which is good because it is not available anymore.

“Why would they call this swampwater?” I thought. That is a very non descriptive name. Then I steeped it. Oh, that’s why. I’m guessing it is the black sprinkles that turn the water a deep olive color. I’m not sure what the oily stuff floating on the top is, aside from swampy.The rooibos is nice. I think I prefer green over regular rooibos. Unfortunately I don’t get much else from this tea. I taste a slight fruitiness to it, but it is just a light generic flavor. It gets a big old meh. MEH.
It reminds me of a weaker version of Della Terra’s Black Cat and comparing the two, they look exactly the same in the bag! Now I’m going to have to steep a cup of Black Cat and see how the taste compares too!

Despite the meh, thanks goes out to Moraiwe for the sample. :)

Dustin

Ok, yup same as Black Cat. Tastes much better with sugar.

Well I tried it iced today. Mehhhhh, still not my favorite but much better than hot. There’s still that weird something in the semi-background that I just don’t like. I put lots of agave in it too so that might have helped.

Iced

This tea blows my mind.

It has the grounded green rooibos taste with the sweetness of childhood and a colour that makes me smile. I love that it has the sweetness built in so I can have it on the go and not worry about having it be too bitter, but it’s not so sweet that I’m overwhelmed. For me they really hit the mark on this one! I’m so disappointed that it is being discontinued! I’m definitely going to be ordering a nice big tin to stock up!