Swampwater

Fruit Rooibos Blend
Artificial Flavouring, Calendula, Green Rooibos, Natural Flavours, Pineapple, Strawberry
Strawberry, Sugar, Sweet, Fruit Punch, Fruity, Wood
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Ms Cannibal

• “I made Swampwater iced cubes...and added them to a glass of plain water, one of Swampwater, and one of my lemonwater (a packet of True Lemon and Splenda) and the results were phenomenal! Each...” Read full tasting note
    tea-slinger 576 tasting notes
  • “I feel like this is a tea that would do well as a seasonal Halloween item, but hey, I'm pretty happy that it's available now so I'm not complaining. First, the appearance. The dry leaves look...” Read full tasting note
    Mercuryhime 520 tasting notes
  • “Okay, first things first. Swamp Music by Lynyrd Skynyrd is hopelessly stuck in my head. I blame the tea. Secondly, I haven't had this tea in months. It is one of the first I bought at David's Tea...” Read full tasting note
    Uniquity 699 tasting notes
  • “So I went to dt a couple days ago and there was only one person in the store with me, and when I asked for this tea, the man came up to me and asked what it was. He says all he could smell was the...” Read full tasting note
    Cedes 62 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

We called this tea Swampwater to keep adults away, but it doesn’t seem to work. Every time they taste it, they drink the whole thing down. Because the natural, tangy sweetness of green rooibos, guava, passionfruit and little candy sprinkles is just too irresistible. Even the murky green colour doesn’t scare them off. Maybe we should explain that it’s full of antioxidants. And caffeine-free. Reverse psychology…

Ingredients: Green rooibos, strawberry candies, sunflower, candy sprinkles, orange candies.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I got at 10g sample of this to try.

First the color is really murky dark green when you brew it. Kinda weird when you look at it

The flavor to me taste sweet but in an artificial way I can’t quite figure out what it reminds me of. I don’t think I will buy it again. I tried it hot so maybe it will be better iced.

bought this purely because it was limited edition and the reviews were good.
honestly, not too big a fan. i’ll hang on to it for the novelty (cat sprinkles!) and it smells soooo good, but i wont be buying any more unfortunately.

It smells fruity and reminds me of sweet and sour candy. Good name too, looks just like swamp water. It’s good. Has a slight taste of sweet-tart candy, easy to drink. Just as the label suggests I am sure kids would have no problem drinking this tea.

I’m breaking all the rules at the moment and I don’t care. I’m reviewing this even though I haven’t had it a long time. But the reason I feel I can and not feel too bad is ‘cause I just bought 250g of this one yesterday and I’m dying to get it here even though I shouldn’t drink it until after the baby comes… either way though… I am reviewing this and making a note…

Mostly because yesterday was the worst day ever and my retail therapy helped some and I’m hoping that tomorrow will be the end of my worry for good. I’m going to get kind of personal here… Something I haven’t really done too much on here, but here we go!

My husband and I chose to have the baby tested for Downs and Spina bifida. Yesterday I got a call from the receptionist that one of them came back positive. My world shook. I was so upset I was late for work.

I got in to see the doctor that afternoon and he told me it’s not Downs, it’s the Spina bifida that came back positive and it’s just barely into the positive range. I’m so relieved and yet so nervous. I have been worried that I’m screwing up this baby by not eating well enough or whatever. And part of this Spina Bifida can be that the mom hasn’t had enough folic acid, which I’m taking multivitamins everyday and whatnot, but still..

I’m rambling now. Okay, not really. But I can tell he’s wanting to get it all checked out and make sure that everything is okay, but at the same time I don’t think he’s too worried about it ‘cause it’s not too far into the positive range… like it’s in the lowest end of the positive range it can be. And the thing is, there’s a chance that this could be a FALSE positive too. There is such a thing come to find out…
So, I figure that can’t be too bad. And if the worst thing that happens is the child needs some assistance walking and getting around, we can make that happen no matter what. That won’t be too bad.

I’m praying the baby is fine. Tomorrow at the ultrasound they should be able to tell me what’s going on. I’m praying. Hard. My family is praying. My mom and aunt have a lot of peace that everything is going to be fine and I’m trying to take their lead on that. I know what I keep picturing as the outcome, but I’m almost too scared to say it in case I’m wrong.

Anyway, to the tea! This is a “Back from the Dead” tea for Halloween. I hate Halloween. Never have liked it. It’s a creepy, dark holiday to me. BUT! If it means that a favourite tea is coming back and I can enjoy it again for a long time, than I will like Halloween this year!

To those that are praying folks, please say a prayer for this baby. For those of you who don’t, I apologize if my openness about talking about prayer offended anyone. It’s important to me and I’m thankful that I have my faith to help me through.
I’ll update everyone once I know what’s going on.
Thanks Steepsters!

caile

My thoughts and prayers are with you. I know it is hard waiting and trying not to worry, and I wish you the best of news tomorrow!

scribbles

My prayers are with you and your baby. Take care and hoping for the best!

TheKesser

Thanks! I’m VERY happy to report that the ultrasound pics came back the other day and the doc said the baby’s spine is fine! SO happy!!

Very tasty. Green & fruity, not bitter. One of my favorites.