Cinnamon Heart

Pu-erh Tea
Black Tea, Cinnamon, Cloves, Lemon Peel, Natural And Artificial Flavouring, Pu Erh Tea
Hay, Spices, Cinnamon, Orange Zest
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

• “I needed this sipdown! Now I'm at 150! :D (Until the rest of my teas arrive... dunn duhn DUHNNNN) Thank you *Sil* for topping me up on this. I like it. I may actually get more at some point. ...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1700 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown! I means..i guess technically this tea is pretty much liquid cinnamon hearts but it's not all that tasty, and you for sure can't actually taste any of the pu-erh base. I'd much prefer...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 5122 tasting notes
  • “Another David's Tea pu-erh mix that I can't stand the smell of. I bought this ages ago on a foolish whim, before I knew anything about tea. I still haven't developed any taste for Pu-Erh (the smell...” Read full tasting note
    Uniquity 698 tasting notes
  • “I tried to do two steeps of this one.. umm contrary to popular belief pu'erhs are not meant to be steeped more than once - or maybe this one is not of the right quality? Either way, this tea is...” Read full tasting note
    erinn 232 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Better than candy

OK, so this tea doesn’t really have cinnamon hearts in it, but you’ll be forgiven for thinking it does. It’s a sweet blend of Sri Lankan cinnamon, spices, lemon, pu’erh and Chinese black tea. Unlike candy, however, this tea has no calories and no sugar rush. Just a nice jolt of caffeine from the pu’erh. So indulge away.

Ingredients: Chinese cooked pu’erh tea, Chinese black tea, lemon, cloves, cinnamon. With artificial and natural flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Saturday Sipdown #3
Another gift from BoxerMama. Thanks!

I love cinnamon, especially on fried apples & baked sweet potatoes.
I drank this with Stevia, & it was pleasant, with the cinnamon way out in front. I’m not really getting the puer, & I’d like the black tea to be bolder, but otherwise, not bad. :)

Yeah, I don’t like David’s cinnamon flavor either. Oh well.

On to the next! Thanks Shmiracles!

I brought this tea along in my travel mug to my son’s hockey practice tonight. I ended up having a bunch of people catching a whiff of the amazing cinnamon smell and drooling over it. I love how it smells up the room as I enjoy a cup…yum :)

I bought Cinnamon Heart on a whim after I smelled it in store. Cinnamon Hearts are one of my favorite candies, and the smell of this tea is bang on to the candy. I was elated to try this tea, but after it was done steeping, I was hit with an overpowering fishy smell that made it almost impossible to stay in the same room let alone drink it. Still, I tried my best to attempt to drink the cup that I steeped, as I had an inkling of hope left that perhaps it would taste nice. Again, the smell was too overpowering and affected the taste for the worse. I’m hoping I can take this tea back, as I bought 100g and I don’t even want to try drinking this tea in the future!

DaisyChubb

You can take it back to the store and exchange! No worries :)
Which is great because you can now get 100g of a tea you love instead ^^

aisling of tea

Although I do recommend maybe setting up a swap here on Steepster with someone who loves that tea, as when you return tea to the store, it is destroyed!

DaisyChubb

mm yes I second aisling! Swaps are way more fun, and everybody wins that way

So this one smells like cinnamon hearts, yum right? But once it steeped there’s that pu’erh scent underneath it all. I steeped it for 3 minutes this round, since the suggested steeping time of 4-6 didn’t seem to be working for me.

It’s definitely more cinnamon heart than pu’erh but still there’s that faint underlying taste I don’t care for. I suppose I could try steeping it for less again.

Update: As it cools, the cinnamon comes out much more and the pu’erh is almost gone. There may be hope after all!

I dont care what people say, I reeallllyyyy enjoy this tea. The smell of cinnamon is so nice strong, but when it steeps there is a bit of a strange smell to it. But the taste of cinnamon and orange are there, I dont know why people say they dont taste it; i guess we all have different taste buds. I enjoy it and will stay on my shelf for the time being, mostly because of the pu’erhs crazy health benefits, and of course the cinnamon heartyness <3

femocakes

This one didn’t really do it for me either, but I really enjoyed Hot Lips. Have you given it a try yet?

katgolik

Yes and it’s much closer to hitting the mark!!

Oh Cinnamon Heart, why oh why are you a pu’erh? If you were a black you’d be in the top teas for me. But no, you have to come into the room and bring your fish pollution with you. Didn’t your mom teach you to wash your hands after food handling, Cinnamon Heart, and to not mix certain foods?

sigh Sorry David’s, yet another pu’erh I can’t bring myself to keep around. Which is sad because omg the potential of this one if it was a different tea!

I love it. Cinnamon Heart has been getting a lot of bad reviews! I don’t get the fishy taste that others are speaking of. For me, this is an earthy version of Cinnamon Rooibos Chai. Also a plus that it’s caffeinated. Strange but I think I steeped it a bit too long, and when I was first drinking it it was bitter and earthy. I tried it a couple minutes later and the earthiness and bitterness completely mellowed out into a nice cinnamon tea!
As a side note, the pu-erh may be nauseating others because of the probiotics that have resulted from the fermentation. Just a ponderance.
I don’t taste any orange. Just cinnamon and pu-erh and black tea :) it’s lovely! Not something I would add to my collection, however. Cinnamon rooibos chai is the number one cinnamon tea for me!

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more

WOW! I LOVE this tea! Had two cups in a row this morning. I’m a big fan of pu’ehr, but sometimes I prefer the earthy flavour to be masked. This cinnamon tea did the trick. The smell is extremely overpowering – if you don’t like cinnamon, this is not for you. I didn’t taste much in terms of the orange flavouring as the cinnamon is very powerful, but the spiced variety of orange is noticeable. Definitely an added spice in this one, and it resembles the taste of a cinnamon heart as the name implies. I usually stay away from spiced teas, but the spices used in this particular blend are lovely!

A great tea to warm you up on a cold winter day!