Cinnamon Heart

Pu-erh Tea
Black Tea, Cinnamon, Cloves, Lemon Peel, Natural And Artificial Flavouring, Pu Erh Tea
Hay, Spices, Cinnamon, Orange Zest
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

• “I needed this sipdown! Now I'm at 150! :D (Until the rest of my teas arrive... dunn duhn DUHNNNN) Thank you *Sil* for topping me up on this. I like it. I may actually get more at some point. ...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1691 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown! I means..i guess technically this tea is pretty much liquid cinnamon hearts but it's not all that tasty, and you for sure can't actually taste any of the pu-erh base. I'd much prefer...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4923 tasting notes
  • “Another David's Tea pu-erh mix that I can't stand the smell of. I bought this ages ago on a foolish whim, before I knew anything about tea. I still haven't developed any taste for Pu-Erh (the smell...” Read full tasting note
    Uniquity 694 tasting notes
  • “I tried to do two steeps of this one.. umm contrary to popular belief pu'erhs are not meant to be steeped more than once - or maybe this one is not of the right quality? Either way, this tea is...” Read full tasting note
    erinn 232 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Better than candy

OK, so this tea doesn’t really have cinnamon hearts in it, but you’ll be forgiven for thinking it does. It’s a sweet blend of Sri Lankan cinnamon, spices, lemon, pu’erh and Chinese black tea. Unlike candy, however, this tea has no calories and no sugar rush. Just a nice jolt of caffeine from the pu’erh. So indulge away.

Ingredients: Chinese cooked pu’erh tea, Chinese black tea, lemon, cloves, cinnamon. With artificial and natural flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Sipdown!

I’ve had a sample of this for a while and put off trying it after striking out with the previously-adored Coffee Pu’erh.. I probably haven’t stored this all that well (zip lock baggie), but it still smells strongly of cinnamon. Taste wise it’s a lot of hay with the cinnamon adding a faint heat. Not bad, but I like Hot Cinnamon Spice so much better.

Still, I’m glad I got to try this one!

Flavors: Hay, Spices

Another tea from my sample pack. I figured that the evening after a big meal was the perfect time to try out a pu’erh like this. Its smell definitely lives up to its name – it’s almost identical to those spicy cinnamon heart candies the stores sell for Valentine’s Day. The flavour starts of well – sweet, cinammon-y and rather candy-like. But then it just fades off into nothing leaving a sort of weak, dirt-like aftertaste. I’m not really getting any of the earthy richness that generally characterizes a good pu-erh. It’s rather disappointing.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML
gmathis

Too bad: I would think the cinnamon/pu combination would fit nicely.

Jillian

Yeah, I was really keen on trying this one. I think the problem is with the pu-erh base that Davids Tea uses as I’ve been less than thrilled with some of their other flavoured pu-erhs as well.

My favourite tea. Ever!

1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I have to be honest, I’m not a fan of this tea on its own (I often mix it with Hot Lips for a powerful punch). I do appreciate that it is true to its smell and what you expect. It is a cinnamon pu’reh with a touch of orange. I think it’s because I’m not a fan of pu’reh teas. I often find they taste like 4 month old aquarium water, and who wants to drink cinnamon flavoured aquarium water? There is clove in this tea, however I smell it more than I am able to taste it. Again, I could not imagine this tea cold…. Blah!

Flavors: Cinnamon, Orange Zest

195 °F / 90 °C 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp

This tea isn’t bad if you’re looking for something spicy, although if you’re really in persuit of spice you should check out Hot Lips which combines both cinnamon and chili peppers. Overall, a noticable enough cinnamon taste but probably not as strong as I would have liked.

A nice take on pureh tea, which can come off as musty. The cinnamon tones that taste down. Only criticism is that the cinnamon tastes a little powdery, like you get on some unglazed baked goods. A nice cup of tea.

Not in the best mood this morning but oh well. Anyway, I go to my kit and take out Cinnamon Heart. I smell it and cinnamon hits me in the face. Most people don’t like the strong smell of cinnamon but I actually love it! Cinnamon Heart smells DELICIOUS! So I steep it for 5 minutes and then go for 8. I take a sip… Bland. I take another sip… Still bland… So I add some sugar cane sugar… Not as bland but still bland. I am super disappointed in this tea. It’s not like the flavors bad it’s just that there isn’t enough flavor! I still like Cinnamon Heart though better than Mango Madness so I ill rate it a bit higher.

Tastes just like liquid cinnamon hearts, which is spicy but really yummy. I tried it with foamy milk though, bad idea.

Ah! My first ever Pu’Erh tea, and I couldn’t be more pleased. I do find the earthy flavour to it very mild, but for someone who has never tasted an earthy tea it seemed a bit… Odd, to say the least.

However, the tea was very, very nice. It was on the more mild end of the scale for the cinammon flavour, and I quite enjoyed this. I will definitely be making this again, and trying out new Pu’Erh teas when I get the chance.

I recommend this to anyone wanting to try Pu’Erh (I can’t recommend to other Pu’Erh fans, since I don’t know and can’t rate how this ranks up with other Pu’Erh teas, but I certainly love it!)