Cinnamon Heart

Black Fruit Pu-erh Blend
Hay, Spices, Cinnamon, Orange Zest
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

• “I needed this sipdown! Now I'm at 150! :D (Until the rest of my teas arrive... dunn duhn DUHNNNN) Thank you *Sil* for topping me up on this. I like it. I may actually get more at some point. ...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1641 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown! I means..i guess technically this tea is pretty much liquid cinnamon hearts but it's not all that tasty, and you for sure can't actually taste any of the pu-erh base. I'd much prefer...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4729 tasting notes
  • “Another David's Tea pu-erh mix that I can't stand the smell of. I bought this ages ago on a foolish whim, before I knew anything about tea. I still haven't developed any taste for Pu-Erh (the smell...” Read full tasting note
    Uniquity 682 tasting notes
  • “I tried to do two steeps of this one.. umm contrary to popular belief pu'erhs are not meant to be steeped more than once - or maybe this one is not of the right quality? Either way, this tea is...” Read full tasting note
    erinn 232 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Better than candy

OK, so this tea doesn’t really have cinnamon hearts in it, but you’ll be forgiven for thinking it does. It’s a sweet blend of Sri Lankan cinnamon, spices, lemon, pu’erh and Chinese black tea. Unlike candy, however, this tea has no calories and no sugar rush. Just a nice jolt of caffeine from the pu’erh. So indulge away.

Ingredients: Chinese cooked pu’erh tea, Chinese black tea, lemon, cloves, cinnamon. With artificial and natural flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Love this tea! I’m not a big fan of cinnamon hearts, but loved the smell of it in the store so I gave it a try. It has an earthy flavour and the cinnamon flavour is just right, a little spice but not overwhelming. It’s one of my “comfort” teas.

Enjoying this as an Almond Milk Latte right now. Pretty darn tasty. I love the smell of it-it reminds me of Market Spice, which I also love. As a latte the cinnamon is a little bit harder to taste. I added sweetener while I steeped the tea, and as a result the latte tastes like warm, muted sweetness. It’s pretty tasty although, like I said, the cinnamon is lost. That could be because of the milk though. I will post again next time I drink this straight! None the less, very tasty.

Tried this one last weekend. As wonderful as it smelled in the bag, it just didn’t live up to my expectations in the cup. Ended up bland and not nearly as full of cinnamon flavor as I’d hoped. Too bad.

There’s nothing I love more than cinnamon – from cinnamon hearts to cinnamon gum. Cinnamon heart tea and Hot Lips really satisfy my craving for spicy flavour, and with some honey mixed in it’s both sweet and spicy at the same time.

OMG! I have finally found a Pu-Erh that doesn’t taste completely of fish food!
The cinnamon is indeed over-powering as previous tasters have mentioned.. But I ADORE cinnamon. I can literally inhale the stuff all day. (And you’ll feel like it. The tea is literally gritty from cinnamon.) I can see why most people don’t like it, but so far I’m loving it!
Now I can enjoy the health benefits of Pu-Erh and not actually taste it! victory dance

I am very new to tea but this is already one of my favourites. I adore spices and especially cinnamon, so when I heard Davids Tea had a strong cinnamon tea, I just had to try it.
I wasn’t familiar with the Pu’erh and I admit that the fishy smell did surprise me at first. However, if you add a little sugar and let this tea cool down a bit, the fish mellows down and the warmth of the cinnamon comes out beautifully. With the caffein kick, this has become my perfect 10 o’clock boost!
A must try for any cinnamon lover!!

I am a fan of cinnamon hearts, which made me go for this one. I wasn’t a huge fan of Pu’erh tea at the time, but this tea has made a bit of a difference for me! I can’t really tell the difference between Pu’erh and black teas because this one was really light. I have more of a blandish taste palette, so this one worked out for me. It was light and not too overpowering. The smell made the drinking experience pleasant! I tried for a second steep, much more watery, but the smell was still there

Tried this tea for the first time the other day and fell madly in love with it. Amazing cinnamon smell both before and after it steeps. And a lovely flavour.

There’s not much to be said about this tea other than ‘it tastes like cinnamon hearts’. If you add enough sugar, it’s like liquid candy!