Japanese Sencha (organic)

Sencha
Astringent, Bitter, Roasted, Umami, Vegetal
Medium
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

From DAVIDsTEA

Light and brisk

Japanese monks were writing about tea in the 9th century, but the world had to wait until 1740 for Sencha, when a tea merchant named Nagatani perfected a new process of steaming, rolling and heat-drying green tea. The result? An emerald-green tea that’s refreshing and smooth. No wonder it’s Japan’s most popular drink. (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Fine organic steamed Japanese green tea from Shizuoka Prefecture, Japan.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

it tastes like classic green tea. I guess that is the goal right? I love green tea. I like it because it is clean, plain and rustic, not a whole mish mash of overwhelming flavors, so it’s good when you are just looking to relax a bit (but not too much because there is some caffeine in it).

It was ok but not something I would reach for often so probably not worth purchasing. Green teas are my favourite but David’s has spoiled me and now I only want flavoured green teas!

Day 11 on my advent calendar

This is a nice surprise i’ve not tried many of the straight teas david’s has to offer so i am kind of looking forward to this.

Dry leaves smell very vegetal, steeped the liqueur has a lemon limey color and the smell reminds me of the milk oolong which i love, so i’m getting hopeful about this tea.

time to taste: bitter…i knew the water was too hot but darn i was excited… ok i’m not rating this and gonna give it another go

I use this tea to make iced green tea. I like it’s taste, I do not need much tea in my pitchet to make a strong tasting green iced tea and I can infuse it two times before it does not taste anything. I like less the fact that this tea taste a little bit like grass smells, but overall, i like this tea.

I have a love hate relationship with this tea. I bought about 150g about a moth month ago when I started drinking tea and loved it for the first while. Then things changed and my love affair with the tea ended. however last night I decided to make a cup and it was delicious!!! Light, vegetal….the way it should be. Not bitter at all.

Ooh, I liiiiiike this. I perceive a vague, mineral-esque taste to this one, but my palate is super-unrefined, so what do I know? I find the flavour is very much affected by the steeping time and the temperature of the water, and it’s the only tea that I can ever be bothered to actually be careful with (I’m lazy, see). When the bitterness starts to rear its ugly head… well, make that heads. If we’re using heads as a metaphor for bitterness, then this one’s a hydra. But when it’s right, it’s very, very right.

Nice sencha, not seaweed-like at all. Vegetal tasting and the smell is almost nutty to me at times.

I love green tea, and this tea made me love it even more. It’s warming and comforting, great on a cold cold morning. It even tastes great cold.