Japanese Sencha (organic)

Sencha
Astringent, Bitter, Roasted, Umami, Vegetal
Medium
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

From DAVIDsTEA

Light and brisk

Japanese monks were writing about tea in the 9th century, but the world had to wait until 1740 for Sencha, when a tea merchant named Nagatani perfected a new process of steaming, rolling and heat-drying green tea. The result? An emerald-green tea that’s refreshing and smooth. No wonder it’s Japan’s most popular drink. (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Fine organic steamed Japanese green tea from Shizuoka Prefecture, Japan.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I love green tea, and this tea made me love it even more. It’s warming and comforting, great on a cold cold morning. It even tastes great cold.

The aroma is very soft and faint, bold and planty. Very nice to inhale, as it is not too sharp.

The flavor, though, is not soft, but a sharper planty taste, stronger than it’s aroma prepared me to expect. It is very refreshing, despite the sharper taste, is quite smooth.

Unfortunately, I had been spoiled by David’s Sencha Ashikubo, which is very delicious and less traditional. Despite, this is still a great traditional tea.

Meh. It wasn’t what I was expecting. It tasted like I brewed up some fresh grass clippings.

11/24
to be honest i’m not much of a connoisseur of straight teas. to me this just tastes like a really lovely green tea that i’m happy to add to the collection!

When you’re in the mood for it, there is nothing like a cup of green tea. And apparently I am in the mood because this is delightful. Gentle, vegetal, refined, smooth….
Unfortunately, the resteep wasn’t as nice, and I find that unfortunate, but still it was a nice initial cuppa at least.

A lovely green tea with an almost grassy flavor, which I I like – fresh, nice light color and clean on the palate. Can be steeped a couple of times. Tastes better when the water is a bit cooler and not over-steeped.

This green tea is very good for you, and not too bad to drink, however I find it a little bit too bitter for me. I don’t like adding things to my teas most of the time and I’m not sure what it would taste like to add sugar.

Another great straight tea from DT. A little cup of this one, in the morning, is a threat!

So what we got?

Here we got a Sencha which doesn’t have the “fishy” taste of the Kabusecha, here we got a grassy note, a lovable grassy note from the usualy Sencha. If you prefer to have a little more of the “fishy” taste go for the Gyokuro, it’s the perfect balance between this grassy tea and the fishy Kabusecha.