Japanese Sencha (organic)

Sencha
Astringent, Bitter, Roasted, Umami, Vegetal
Medium
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

• “I was not sure what I wanted to drink today so I started going through my tea cabinet and I found this. Only 2 servings left on the bottom of the tin can, breathing all this air... how could I let...” Read full tasting note
    Kamyria 125 tasting notes
  • “idk what i was thinking only bringing 3 teas with me to work. idk what i was thinking placing ANOTHER order to davidstea before the last one arrives. idk what i was thinking staying up till...” Read full tasting note
    shmiracles 744 tasting notes
  • “Yum! Another Advent Calendar sample. Not quite gone yet, but now there's just a single cup left :) I think this tea's a little old now, but it's still tasty enough; I really love green teas that...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2511 tasting notes
  • “Working through a bunch of old samples. I got this in a sampler pack and was wary of trying it because I haven't had a sencha that I liked before. I do like this one though. It's very light with...” Read full tasting note
    michellefeda 318 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Light and brisk

Japanese monks were writing about tea in the 9th century, but the world had to wait until 1740 for Sencha, when a tea merchant named Nagatani perfected a new process of steaming, rolling and heat-drying green tea. The result? An emerald-green tea that’s refreshing and smooth. No wonder it’s Japan’s most popular drink. (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Fine organic steamed Japanese green tea from Shizuoka Prefecture, Japan.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Meh. It wasn’t what I was expecting. It tasted like I brewed up some fresh grass clippings.

11/24
to be honest i’m not much of a connoisseur of straight teas. to me this just tastes like a really lovely green tea that i’m happy to add to the collection!

On the 11th day of tea-mas, DT gave to me….

This tea seems to me to have a very mild flavour. Somewhat grassy, but light.

I just finished my third steep, and it still was quite lovely. I might steep it for a bit longer next time I make the tea, I think my first brew might have been a little shorter than optimal, but I’ve been having bad luck with green tea lately, so I decided to go short rather than risk it.

A lovely green tea with an almost grassy flavor, which I I like – fresh, nice light color and clean on the palate. Can be steeped a couple of times. Tastes better when the water is a bit cooler and not over-steeped.

This green tea is very good for you, and not too bad to drink, however I find it a little bit too bitter for me. I don’t like adding things to my teas most of the time and I’m not sure what it would taste like to add sugar.

Another great straight tea from DT. A little cup of this one, in the morning, is a threat!

So what we got?

Here we got a Sencha which doesn’t have the “fishy” taste of the Kabusecha, here we got a grassy note, a lovable grassy note from the usualy Sencha. If you prefer to have a little more of the “fishy” taste go for the Gyokuro, it’s the perfect balance between this grassy tea and the fishy Kabusecha.