Mao Jian

Green Tea
Green Tea
Artichoke, Butter, Peas
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

This is the very best Mao Jian of the season, and we’ve rushed it to stores so you can taste it fresh. It’s naturally sweet and delicate, with notes of artichoke, asparagus and fresh greens. First pluck green tea from Henan Province, China.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

That’s what i’ve been looking for, another everyday green tea.

Nothing impressive here, the classical green tea taste. Nothing to impress and everything to have a good day. Plus, you have a lots of this one because it’s a light tea. A light and cheap everyday tea.

Definitively another average straight green tea.

I love the China greens.

Maxime-Daniel Friðrikson

You like it more than the Japanese tea? Because I ADORE Japanese tea.

Chinese tends to have more of a vegetable broth quality to it, rather than Japanese’s grassiness. I think it’s the more down-home earthiness of the veggies that I prefer.

If any DavidsTea market research people are reading: carry more straight teas. Especially if they’re as good as this one. This is glorious.

I think this is my first time trying this batch, which I bought this past July when I was last in the US. I feel bad that I missed the window for drinking it when it was really fresh, especially when the label on the bag informs me it was RUSHED TO STORES JUST FOR ME. (drinking green teas in a timely fashion is something I’m still working on, okay?) But even 9 months after purchase it tastes wonderful – artichokes and fresh peas, with a hint of butter as it cools. It’s like drinking a lovely salad of warm early-spring vegetables.

Also, I have to give extra credit for flawless steeping instructions. The notes on the bag (3/4 tsp for 8 oz water, 80C for 2-3 minutes) gave me a beautiful cup that was flavorful without being bitter or astringent.

Flavors: Artichoke, Butter, Peas