Jessie's Tea

Herbal Honeybush Rooibos Blend
Blue Cornflowers, Coconut, Honeybush, Lavender, Natural And Artificial Flavouring, Rooibos
Coconut, Cream, Frosting, Nutty, Creamy, Floral, Lavender, Wood, Vanilla
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Anlina

2 Images

From DAVIDsTEA

Worth singing about
We’ll never forget the day Jessie Farrell came into our store looking for lavender tea. The red-headed country star was on a quest. She wanted something comforting, energizing and antioxidant-filled that she could drink all day long. Together, we came up with this pretty blend of lavender, rooibos, coconut and cornflowers. Try it. You’ll understand why she wrote a song about it.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Predominant notes of lavender, sweet honey, and a hint of coconut. I was surprised to find myself nodding off after drinking a mug of this tea.

Just received a sample of this tea. After 1 cup I am now convinced I need unlimited amounts of this at all times. Absolutely delicious and creamy! 1.5 tsp lasted two big mugs, with lavender being more prominent in the second cup. I’m sure it could have gone for a third if I had the time.

Had this for the second time, and it’s really good. The smell is just amazing! Guess I like DavidsTea’s lavender rooibos blends!

This is an interestingly oddball tea. (Not odd in a bad way;))

I just read a few reviews of this tea while drinking it and thinking out what I wanted to say.

It’s interesting how many people mentioned the minty taste to this tea despite there being no mint. I guess it could be the lavender, but I’ve never come across lavender that tastes minty. Maybe it’s the combination of flavors? It is really faint, like a slight coolness at the end of the sip. Kind of like if some mint wound up by accident in your cup.

Would I get this tea again? Hmm. Not opposed to it. It’s not a wowzer of a tea, subtle. But it has surprising depths. The directions said 208, but my kettle has only 6 buttons, the 2 closest were 200 and 212. Next time I would like to try it at 212, just to see if anything jumps out.

I am super curious why this one is mostly referred to as a lavender tea, when to me it is completely coconut. Since I’m not a coconut fan, I was dearly hoping for it to be more of a lavender and honeybush blend.

Out of fairness for the tea I’m not going to rate it. I’m sure it’s a lovely cup, just . . . I couldn’t do more than three sips.

Erin

have you had honeybee from Davids?

Tina S.

I haven’t yet, but it is on my list!

Today’s tea of the day at my local Davids was Rooibos de Provence. And in sampling that tea, I was like this is Jessie’s tea, but not as good!

So here we are, Sunday night, Once Upon a Time is on TV, and I am obviously going to dip into my Jessie’s Tea bag for my after dinner cup. I love the coconut and lavender together, it has just the right blend of sweetness and I want to say mintyness to be delicious.

I tried this tea as the sample (tea of the day) in the store. It was really good- and I wanted more, so I bought 100 grams of it.
I then made a cup of it iced when I got home and it tasted the same- but for some odd reason I didn’t like it. I guess it was just in that moment that I liked it.
So, it is not a bad tea- I would be okay having maybe a 15gram bag, but I really don’t want a 100g tin. I will be returning this- maybe just for a gift card, or whatever the store policy is.
This is an okay tea- and I would suggest it if you like lavender- but for me that is really all you taste and it is a bit overpowering. So, in conclusion, it is a good tea, but not good enought to own 100g of. But if course that is just my opinion.
Thanks, Mac :)

I picked this one up to compare it to some other rooibos (Alpine Punch, Rooibos de Provence, Creme Caramel Rooibos) before making a decision about what to purchase – Rooibos de Provence enchanted me with its lavender, so naturally a lavender-coconut blend might be something I like, right?

The dry tea smells quite sweet and the lavender is there, but perhaps not the most prominent smell of the bunch. Reminds me of what I thought Creme Caramel would be like (while instead it smells absolutely sickeningly sweet).

While I didn’t smell a ton of lavender from the dry tea, once steeped… that’s ALL I can smell! I’m not sure how I feel about this – this was one of my concerns with trying lavender in tea, that I wasn’t sure I wanted to drink a flavour I more commonly associate with bath products. Here’s hoping it’s just the smell, and not the taste too.

Ok, first sip… tastes like lavender. And minty – maybe that’s a bit of the lavender too? I actually am not minding this flavour in my mouth like I was worried I would. Along with the lavender, I’m definitely tasting creaminess (coconut), and a bit of a caramelly sweetness, both of which show up late-sip. Interesting combination. I’m feeling a bit of scratchiness as it goes down my throat – not sure what causes this, but I get it from many teas, particularly if they’re steeped to be on the strong side (extra leaf), or oversteeped. It’s somewhat annoying and detracts from my enjoyment of the tea, but I usually just deal with it.

Aside from the scratchiness, I’m finding this to be a nice, relaxing tea. Nothing super special, but I think it would be a good drink to accompany bedtime reading. I don’t think it will be one I keep stocked, but I’m glad to have tried it! And now I know for certain that lavender does not, in fact, taste like soap in a beverage!

ETA: Second steep is pretty good. Seems that rooibos tend to have at least two flavourful steeps in them, which is excellent.

Hmm I take back my comment about this tea not making me sleepy. Maybe it was just poor timing, but I just woke up from an hour and a half nap after finishing a cup of it. It seemed like one of those days where I wanted a special and unique type of sweet treat, and I immediately knew which tea to reach for…mmm…

…maybe I should restrain from having more today. I can’t afford to take another nap while trying to finish off my end of semester papers.

I got the email from DavidsTea – buy $25 and get 50g of any tea free. I didn’t need any more tea, but guess where I found myself today? You guessed it.

I honestly couldn’t remember if I’d tried Jessie’s Tea before. I remember debating about it because I love coconut, but I hate lavender, and I was curious as to which would win out in the mix. So I bought a bit today and just tried it.

I do not like the dry scent – lavender lovers would like it. Steeped, I get more of a rooibos scent than anything else. Taste-wise, I’m disappointed, but not surprised. It’s a bit rooibosy, a bit floral, and not at all coconut.

This is going into the trade pile.