Jessie's Tea

Herbal Honeybush Rooibos Blend
Blue Cornflowers, Coconut, Honeybush, Lavender, Natural And Artificial Flavouring, Rooibos
Coconut, Lavender, Floral, Vanilla, Wood
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Anlina

2 Images

From DAVIDsTEA

Worth singing about
We’ll never forget the day Jessie Farrell came into our store looking for lavender tea. The red-headed country star was on a quest. She wanted something comforting, energizing and antioxidant-filled that she could drink all day long. Together, we came up with this pretty blend of lavender, rooibos, coconut and cornflowers. Try it. You’ll understand why she wrote a song about it.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I was worried how this would taste because I forgot to remove the tea and steeped it for about 6 minutes by accident. It was ok though, the lavender was super strong but not bad tasting. Not sure if this tea is something I really like and I wouldn’t buy more of it but it’s an ok tea to me.

The main things in this tea are the coconut and the lavender. I love coconut in anything but not so much with lavender. In fact when it comes to flowers in general I would rather smell them than taste them. But when this is hot the coconut really comes through and there’s just a bit of lavender in the background and it’s very sweet and nice! It’s when the tea starts to cool that the lavender kind of replaces the coconut in the foreground. Unfortunately I was drinking this while playing video games with my roommate so I only got a few sips in before it cooled. Ah well, still very nice.

part of the sweet indulgences sampler.

This just isn’t for me! I thought I was okay with lavender tea, but I find this tea too full of perfume. Hot, it comes across more like a soapy flavor to me, which might be the coconut? I hear sometimes that causes a soapy taste, but I haven’t had that problem with coconut in other things from David’s, so who knows. Either way, this is better cold, but still not great for me. I can do flowers, but not perfume.

“I want something relaxing, and I love florals” is what I said and this is what I got.

RIGHT ON. I am head over heels for this blend, rooibos is always a winner for me, the coconut makes it even smoother but the lavender gives it a little bit of dry-ness and some pep.

Lavender, Coconut and slightly minty is what I taste with this one. Again I’m on some weird ICED HERBAL tea rampage so this one was also iced with a tiny squeeze of agave.

I actually like it and may even add this to my cupboard!

edit: I added a tin to my cupboard, too good to pass!

This tea has become my “go to” before bed tea. I am a big fan of lavender, and personally think that you can pick it up. I would have never thought to combine coconut into the mix, but was surprised at how well it worked and how smooth this tea is. I could see how someone who is not a fan of coconut would be turned off by this tea, but it gets my vote for a great brew!

Not a fan of this, I can only say… I am not sure what effect lavender has on the tea, cos the coconut flavour and aroma overpowers everything! I don’t hate coconut but I don’t enjoy its dominance. Besides, though I do see coconut flakes in the dry leaves, the strong flavour tastes synthetic. I don’t think I will be able to finish the cup…

This is my absolute favourite tea! An odd combination that I never would have picked for myself, but a David’s employee highly recommended it so I gave it a shot. It was absolutely love at first taste. So rich and satisfying, and the smell is very relaxing. This tea is the perfect end to a stressful day!

Day 66 of my 101 days of DAVIDsTEA challenge. Catching up on the backlog!
Eyeballed the amount – I just-under half-filled a set of tea-pincers for brewing in-cup.
Perhaps I didn’t have quite enough tea, but it honestly tasted pretty “meh” to me. It wasn’t bad by any means, but I couldn’t find anything particularly interesting about it, either.
This is something I’d like to give a second chance to at some point, but at the moment, it’s not something I’d particularly go out of my way for.

I was really surprised with this one. Lately all the teas that seemed to smell really good ended up not tasting that great. I can really taste the coconut in this tea and I LOVE coconut, so this tea works for me. I’m fine with the lavender…I was told that it is not a favourite amongst some and I would have to try it to see how I feel about it.

I don’t know what lavender or cornflower tastes like, but it’s not terrible in my books!