Jessie's Tea

Herbal Honeybush Rooibos Blend
Blue Cornflowers, Coconut, Honeybush, Lavender, Natural And Artificial Flavouring, Rooibos
Coconut, Lavender, Floral, Vanilla, Wood
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Anlina

2 Images

From DAVIDsTEA

Worth singing about
We’ll never forget the day Jessie Farrell came into our store looking for lavender tea. The red-headed country star was on a quest. She wanted something comforting, energizing and antioxidant-filled that she could drink all day long. Together, we came up with this pretty blend of lavender, rooibos, coconut and cornflowers. Try it. You’ll understand why she wrote a song about it.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This is my favorite David’s Tea staple. I come back to it again and again. Even iced, the flavor is soothing and delicious. I’m very happy with sipping on this all day. Coconut is a favorite and I’m obsessed with all things lavender. love love love.

This one is STRONG! I’m not sure if I like it that much but it is tolerable. I find that in this one, all of the flavours are competing with each other. Firstly theres the lavender which is really bold and that is paired with a rooibos base which, it itself can be strong and woody.

I bought a 50g of this on the website and I didn’t really know what to expect. Actually, I found in it a pretty comforting soft coconut taste that made me smile. Maybe it could have been a little more present, but the overall is good enough.

Another TassieTeaGirl sample, thank you!

This one ended up having a bit of a soapy memory for me. It’s disappointing but I suppose it must be the lavender (I thought I’d come to terms with lavender in recent times). It was quite delicate, and I managed to override the soapy notes with just a touch of honey, which made it a much more pleasant drink for me.

I started brewing this and noticed that it smelled like what I suppose a warm bath outdoors on a breezy spring day smells like. That said, the first sip I found awful. The second and subsequent sips grew on me and now I’m comfortably sitting here enjoying something I thought I never would as lavender irritates my senses.

It’s not overpowering and there is a distinct coconut aftertaste but I’m not adverse to it at all. If I ever need a light, quiet drink I will definitely bring this out. Not enough to warrant a Tin Buy, but enough for me to keep in a small bag on my shelf for those Spring days.

Wasn’t sure what to expect, since I’m not familiar with actually drinking lavender. This is quite interesting! I’ve gotten a bit tired with my usual evening teas and this is a nice change. I don’t mind the coconut as much as I thought, and that other taste is presumably the lavender. It’s almost slightly peppery, which I usually get with the lavender scented dish soap I use.

I’ll probably keep a bit of this in my stash for when mint choc rooibos/spearmint/sweet dreams gets tiresome.

Boiling

I drank it iced at Davidstea store. It was the tea of the day. Iced, I didn’t taste the lavender, only the coconut.
I liked it really much and wanted to buy 25g. The dry leaves smell lavender a lot, and a lot more than steeped.
I really love the mix of coconut and lavender. I like this tea. But I don’t know the singer Jessie. I don’t know if I miss anything or not?

Well, this one is a conundrum; reading everyone else’s reviews makes me feel like I’m not insane, at least – I cannot taste the lavender.

I got this tea as a Christmas gift from a tea friend who knows I love lavender, but I’ve put off trying to make a pot because, well, I just can’t smell it. You look at it and you can see it’s in there, but the soft (not heavy for once!) scent of coconut is there instead.

Eventually my partner ended up making a pot randomly one day, though, and I asked for a sip to try. I had a really sore throat and usually sweet teas make it worse, but I had no idea what to expect. Well, it was like a soothing touch to my sore throat – lightly sweet, but not overpoweringly so. The lavender has a soothing, calming effect, I believe, but it’s not the reason to buy this tea on its own, I believe. I don’t think I’d have bought this for myself to begin with, but now I’m eyeing it as the levels in my can slowly decline and I wonder, “Oh man, how soon will I have to replace this?!”

Definitely one for me that will probably serve me VERY well come the winter months and cold/flu season hits. It’s soothing, sweet, but light and still hold an element of fruitiness with its coconut touches!

I received a sample of Jessie’s Tea with my first ever online order from Davids Tea. In some ways, I wish I never began ordering tea online as it can be troublesome for the wallet.
With the arrival of the new teas, I was too excited to try the samples, and so I am just getting around to it now.

I was weary of trying Jessie’s Tea as I am not a huge fan of lavender as a food/drink item (I think simply because I have been exposed to way too much artificial lavender bath salts from my parents, and therefore the smell instantly reminds me of artificial lavender).
But.. due to the presence of the coconut, I decided to give it a shot!

Dry: smells like lavender. Maybe, just maybe a touch of coconut. I wish there was more coconut..
Liquor: Classic lavender taste (I find it almost slightly minty, in a flowery mint way..?). I cannot really taste the presence of coconut, except maybe a linger on the tongue. When smelling the cup after, it smells like a sweet musky/baked coconut. Pleasant.

I am on my first batch of steeps, though I am not sure this will last a second steep (or if I want it to..)

EDIT: I boosted the rating I gave as I had a cup left in my tea pot from last night from a second steep (held up well!) and decided to try some of it this morning and HOLY was it good. Very coconutty and refreshing. The lavender is in the background for sure when this is cold. Also – I noticed that the aftertaste of this tea is sweet and addictive. (I am now worried I may have found an amazing iced tea to buy in the summer..)

This was the tea that hooked me on David’s Tea. It was recommended on one of my first lunch trips when I was super stressed out at work and quickly became my go to comfort tea. It was also my first tin purchase. My boyfriend actually turned me on to drinking this with a teaspoon of honey. Really brings out the flavouring of the coconut.

The second steep definitely brings out more of the lavender and loses some of the coconut. If I’m making this for me and someone else I usually do a 30 second steep in each cup to get the flavouring and colour and then let each steep afterwards for a few more minutes.