Jessie's Tea

Herbal Honeybush Rooibos Blend
Blue Cornflowers, Coconut, Honeybush, Lavender, Natural And Artificial Flavouring, Rooibos
Coconut, Wood, Lavender, Rooibos, Apple, Honey, Straw, Floral, Vanilla, Flowers, Perfume, Rose, Cream, Caramel, Chocolate, Earth, Marshmallow, Toasty, Smooth, Frosting, Nutty, Creamy
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Anlina

2 Images

From DAVIDsTEA

Worth singing about
We’ll never forget the day Jessie Farrell came into our store looking for lavender tea. The red-headed country star was on a quest. She wanted something comforting, energizing and antioxidant-filled that she could drink all day long. Together, we came up with this pretty blend of lavender, rooibos, coconut and cornflowers. Try it. You’ll understand why she wrote a song about it.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I want to like this tea but I just don’t. It’s really pretty to look at. The coconut smell is very strong. The grains are small and when I brew it up there is a lot of “dust” in my tea. Tastes like tree bark to me, well, with coconut.

Flavors: Coconut, Wood

I dont really know how to describe this tea. I like it, but its not to die for. It smells weird and doesn’t taste the way it smells. Idk what it smells like…glue? wood? That must be the rooibos I’m smelling. smells weird. The taste is interesting. Its not a sweet or creamy coconut. More lavender for sure. Needs agave or honey. I like it when I need to unwind but its not a favorite. I will most likely keep a little on stock at my house though, because I like the lavender.

Flavors: Lavender, Wood

I have been looking for some good caffeine free teas for either ice or hot tea in the afternoon or evening. I have come to love the taste of lavender, especially in Stash Christmas in Paris so I decided to give this tea a try.
The Rooibos flavor comes out with strong with subtle hints of the coconut with the lavender almost a background flavor. The flavor taken together is nice. If you are looking for a strong lavender tea then you will not find it with Jessie’s tea.

Flavors: Coconut, Rooibos

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 20 OZ / 591 ML

A nice tasting, subtle tea with a strong bouquet of coconut. Easy to drink and soothing. I like to have it in the afternoon at work when I’ve had enough caffeine.

Flavors: Apple, Coconut, Honey, Lavender, Straw

I am not the biggest fan of lavender in my tea. Or so I thought. Between this one and a Lavender, Vanilla, Peppermint rooibos blend, I think I may have to re-evaluate. I love the rich coconut in Jessie’s Tea, and since I love milk and sweetness in my tea, this worked perfectly.

Flavors: Coconut, Lavender

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

The coconut is very strong in this tea, but I personally find it works well with the sweet honey bush base. This makes an amazing latte or iced tea, but it is also fantastic hot.

I brewed it for a lot time because I like the strong rich bronze colour that you get from rooibos blends that are steeped a while. It really adds nice undertones to the drink.

The loose tea smells like lavender and coconut. You can taste both of these after brewing but the smell to me was mostly sweet leaves and dusty coconut.

Flavors: Coconut, Floral, Rooibos, Vanilla

Boiling 6 min, 30 sec 1 tsp 19 OZ / 550 ML

This tea tasted too artificial for me, and I couldn’t handle the combination of lavender and coconut. I found it left a bad aftertaste. It was like a sweet scent mixed with a floral scent, just didn’t do it for me.

Flavors: Coconut, Flowers, Lavender, Perfume, Rose

Alright, I gave this one another go, this time with a teaspoon of sugar, and about a tablespoon of milk. Oh. My. Goodness! What a difference. This went from tasting sorta like soap, to creamy coconut deliciousness. Seriously, this is now one of my favorites! I can’t believe it! The lavender is still there, but it’s subtle enough not to make it floral tasting.

My original thoughts:
Not really a fan. It’s a little perfumey for me. I was really wishing that the coconut came through better. I’ve read that some people drank this one with milk, so I may try that, and revisit this review.

Flavors: Coconut, Lavender

This tea was just ok for me.

This tea sounds so good in theory, but in reality, I forced myself through a rather large sample (at least 20g) without ever truly loving it. The lavender always ends up coming off with a sort of play-doh taste to me. Im not sure if thats just how it tastes, but it overpowers any hint of coconut and even overpowers most of the rooibos (which is impressive given how strong rooibos is!). I have to admit, floral teas aren’t usually my thing, so maybe that is my problem more than the tea’s, and it wasn’t the worst tea I’ve ever tasted and I don’t entirely hate it, but it won’t become a likely rebuy while there are so many better teas on offer.

2 tsp 8 OZ / 250 ML