Jessie's Tea

Herbal Honeybush Rooibos Blend
Blue Cornflowers, Coconut, Honeybush, Lavender, Natural And Artificial Flavouring, Rooibos
Coconut, Rooibos, Apple, Honey, Lavender, Straw, Floral, Vanilla, Flowers, Perfume, Rose, Cream, Caramel, Chocolate, Earth, Marshmallow, Toasty, Wood, Smooth, Frosting, Nutty, Creamy
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Anlina

2 Images

Worth singing about
We’ll never forget the day Jessie Farrell came into our store looking for lavender tea. The red-headed country star was on a quest. She wanted something comforting, energizing and antioxidant-filled that she could drink all day long. Together, we came up with this pretty blend of lavender, rooibos, coconut and cornflowers. Try it. You’ll understand why she wrote a song about it.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

A nice tasting, subtle tea with a strong bouquet of coconut. Easy to drink and soothing. I like to have it in the afternoon at work when I’ve had enough caffeine.

Flavors: Apple, Coconut, Honey, Lavender, Straw

I am not the biggest fan of lavender in my tea. Or so I thought. Between this one and a Lavender, Vanilla, Peppermint rooibos blend, I think I may have to re-evaluate. I love the rich coconut in Jessie’s Tea, and since I love milk and sweetness in my tea, this worked perfectly.

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

The coconut is very strong in this tea, but I personally find it works well with the sweet honey bush base. This makes an amazing latte or iced tea, but it is also fantastic hot.

I brewed it for a lot time because I like the strong rich bronze colour that you get from rooibos blends that are steeped a while. It really adds nice undertones to the drink.

The loose tea smells like lavender and coconut. You can taste both of these after brewing but the smell to me was mostly sweet leaves and dusty coconut.

Flavors: Coconut, Floral, Rooibos, Vanilla

Boiling 6 min, 30 sec 1 tsp 19 OZ / 550 ML

This tea tasted too artificial for me, and I couldn’t handle the combination of lavender and coconut. I found it left a bad aftertaste. It was like a sweet scent mixed with a floral scent, just didn’t do it for me.

Flavors: Coconut, Flowers, Lavender, Perfume, Rose

Alright, I gave this one another go, this time with a teaspoon of sugar, and about a tablespoon of milk. Oh. My. Goodness! What a difference. This went from tasting sorta like soap, to creamy coconut deliciousness. Seriously, this is now one of my favorites! I can’t believe it! The lavender is still there, but it’s subtle enough not to make it floral tasting.

My original thoughts:
Not really a fan. It’s a little perfumey for me. I was really wishing that the coconut came through better. I’ve read that some people drank this one with milk, so I may try that, and revisit this review.

Flavors: Coconut, Lavender

This tea was just ok for me.

This tea sounds so good in theory, but in reality, I forced myself through a rather large sample (at least 20g) without ever truly loving it. The lavender always ends up coming off with a sort of play-doh taste to me. Im not sure if thats just how it tastes, but it overpowers any hint of coconut and even overpowers most of the rooibos (which is impressive given how strong rooibos is!). I have to admit, floral teas aren’t usually my thing, so maybe that is my problem more than the tea’s, and it wasn’t the worst tea I’ve ever tasted and I don’t entirely hate it, but it won’t become a likely rebuy while there are so many better teas on offer.

2 tsp 8 OZ / 250 ML

Much better than the Spiced Pumpkin from earlier. I tried this in store (though I was already planning on getting some) it could definitely use some sweetener but I’m actually liking this one a little better than Adagio’s black Coconut tea in some ways.
Definitely can taste some nice creamy notes and the coconut is pretty strong.

Flavors: Coconut, Cream

1 tsp

Taking FULL advantage of the 1$ iced teas with my iced tea mug I got on sale and got this tea today! Luckily I LOVE coconut and coconut teas! The girl in line behind me sampled it and couldnt finish the sample because of all the coconut but that was right up my alley! The rooibos wasn’t to strong and the lavender was subtle but a really good addition to the tea. Not sure if I would like it hot but definitely have to buy some to brew it over ice myself!
Also the free sample of their new peanut butter cup tea was a nice surprise :)

Flavors: Coconut, Lavender

A very kind friend gave me this tea because she wasn’t really a fan of it. I had been wanting to try it for a while so it worked out nicely lol

I think I enjoy this tea. It kind of reminds me of marshmallows for some reason. I think it is because it’s so sweet. It reminds me of those toasty coconut marshmallows! The coconut is quite strong in this, but it’s not bad. I personally wish it was more lavender than coconut, because the lavender is such an undertone for me. Maybe I just didn’t get much of it in this cup.

I am starting to think that it is rooibos that I’m not a huge fan of. Something in this tea kind of throws it off balance for me and I think it might be the fact that it is a rooibos tea.

Overall this tea isn’t bad and I will enjoy the rest of the bag, but I don’t think that I will restock. It’s a little too sweet for my taste and the rooibos isn’t my favorite. It is in no way the worst tea I’ve had though!

Flavors: Caramel, Chocolate, Coconut, Cream, Earth, Honey, Lavender, Marshmallow, Rooibos, Toasty, Wood