Exotica

Fruit Herbal Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

From DAVIDsTEA

Your new obsession

In a world of temptation, this tisane stands out. It’s a delicately spicy blend of lemongrass, red pepper, cloves, cinnamon, cardamom, pineapple, orange peel and coconut. So exotic, so inviting, so warming. And as spring progresses into summer, you’ll find that it’s a refreshingly different iced tea. Try it with a touch of manuka honey for a truly exotic experience. Caffeine-free. (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Lemongrass, pink peppercorn, cloves, cinnamon, cardamom, pineapple, orange peel, coconut, natural flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I wanted to hate this one. It has so many notes in it I can’t stand, but I got it as a sample with a mail order and so I gave it a go tonight.

Am kind of glad I did. The lemongrass completely dominates this tea, which I’m happy about since that’s one of the few notes I really do like in the blend. There is a hint of pepper or ginger to it, which reminds me of Lime Fizz from The Tea Haus, one of my favourite herbals. As the cup cooled the notes remained consistent, with a strong lemon flavour with just a hint of something more.

I don’t see myself reaching for this one off the teawall, but I also won’t say no if I’m offered a cup!

Maxime-Daniel Friðrikson

I wanted to hate this one too, but I was fairly surprised :) This one is quite delicious!

When i first read about the Tea I wasn’t sure what to expect. However, after trying I loved the different spice notes it provides. The lemon grass adds a refreshing scent, the cinnamon is a great background note. I don’t taste any of the fruit that is supposedly in it.

Overall this is a great tea for a cold winter day.

alright hot…. but man its awful iced- i will never be buying this one again.
Sorry- just my opinion. I dint really know what else to say except for gross.

A very interesting tea, or should I say funny? When brewing it had a really nice exotic aroma – coconut milk and other tropical fruits – which reminded me of the desserts in a Thai restaurant that I frequently visit. When brewed, it really tasted like Thai coconut rice! Apart from the complex notes of spices and a faint hint of sweetness from coconut, it seemed that I could really taste savoury rice in the tea. I’d say it’s very special and unique tea, but I am not sure when I would like to drink it. It’s too light as a breakfast tea, too filling (I am talking about the mental image of coconut rice it conjures up) as an afternoon tea, too savoury as a dessert tea, and too intriguing as a bedtime tea!! Perhaps it will be perfect when you are craving for Thai food but your favourite Thai restaurant is closed? :P

Exotica, indeed.

There’s a strong citrus taste over the top. It’s really present and really pleasant too.
The pineapple come just after the citrus with a Chai feel to it. :)

So, just be cool. And think of yourself in the middle of the sea. YEAH.

Ashley Bain

I wish I was out at sea.

Did anyone else think this smelled and tasted very like thai curry? I took some getting use to because I kept expecting a savory flavor but it was really just a light refreshing tea. Not a bad tea. I think I’d like it more if it didn’t come with the idea that coconut and lemongrass is supposed to be thai curry.

When I first saw this tea I was thinking: “soooo much lemongrass D:” I am not a big lemongrass fan. It usually tastes soapy and bitter to me. But this tea is actually okay. It’s spicy and cinnamony and lemony. I can’t taste the pineapple or coconut at all but maybe they’re there in the background, adding some subtle dimension that I can’t really consciously pick up? That’s what I would like to think anyway! This is an interesting tea for every once in a while, but I’d really only drink it when I have a sample or if it’s offered to me.

I am not a fan of herbal tea. I am not sure why, maybe because there are usually too many different flavours in one tea. Or it could be because without the flavour of a tea, it just seems like juice to me, especially the fruit blends. But I really enjoy this tea! Even though there is a lot going on in this tea, the flavour seems pretty uniform, the flavours just blend together so well. I think I like it because I can’t taste any fruit, so it doesn’t seem like I’m just drinking juice. This tea, along with mulberry magic and bamboozled are the only herbals that have become permanent residents in my tea cupboard.

I had this iced as the tea of the day a couple days ago and was initially intrigued by the name as well as the complex mixture of ingredients. This tea had a slight spice but it was not overpowering. The spice actually added to the tea by making it more quenching and refreshing. Overall, this tea was good and I look forward to trying it warm too. I don’t think i enjoyed it enough to buy any but it could be a nice change once in a while.

I got 25 grams of this tea. It is different, all of the separate flavours come together well though. It smells mainly of lemongrass when dry, after I steeped this it had a familiar flavour of coco chai rooibos, must be the peppercorns. It also reminded me of Gail’s cold remedy, which I also liked. At first I didn’t add any sugar and it was just ok, but I added a little sugar to sweeten things up and it really improved and brought out the flavour. I have heard that this tea is also nice iced, so I will have to try it that way.