Exotica

Cinnamon, Cloves, Spices, Sweet
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

From DAVIDsTEA

Your new obsession

In a world of temptation, this tisane stands out. It’s a delicately spicy blend of lemongrass, red pepper, cloves, cinnamon, cardamom, pineapple, orange peel and coconut. So exotic, so inviting, so warming. And as spring progresses into summer, you’ll find that it’s a refreshingly different iced tea. Try it with a touch of manuka honey for a truly exotic experience. Caffeine-free. (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Lemongrass, pink peppercorn, cloves, cinnamon, cardamom, pineapple, orange peel, coconut, natural flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I love this and I often drink it when I want something caffeine-free. Regardless of the advertisement, the taste isn’t really strange – it is sweet and mildly spicey. I mostly taste coconut and cinnamon. Definitely worth the buy.

So this came in with the teas I ordered. It was a small sample but my oh my was it impressive. When I looked at the just the tea leaves I was impressed by the color and vibrance that it had.. and then when i finally made it.. I was taken in by surprised.
The fragrant almost silky taste took me by surprise. I feel in love with this Tea almost instantly and wished that i would have bought this sample instead of the tea that I have now. Not saying that the tea I own is bad.. but this one is by far better. The smell the taste. the flavor.. It is beautiful. I do recommend trying this one.. if you want something fruity and kinda earth at the same time..

So, this is one from my advent calendar from December that I didn’t try. There were a few that the day I was suppose to have them, I didn’t want to try them, so they have been hanging around since, just waiting and hoping that I’ll find them, and want to try them.
Anyway, so I finally tried this one and it lovely. I agree with a lot of the reviews I read so far about this one. The lemongrass definitely was the main flavour coming through on this tea. But at the same time, I love lemongrass, so I don’t mind. I can’t really pick up much on the other flavours though. Like said before, the lemongrass is the first and really only flavour that you taste. Although, there is a bit of a lovely, subtle zing to it too, that I’m enjoying.
I’m having this one without sugar, which is unsual for me. Normally I add sugar to most of my teas, but this one I didn’t think of it, and I’m glad I didn’t. It’s so lovely on its own. Now I’m going to have some Three Lemon Green again, just to see how they compare.

This hit the spot on a nice winter afternoon while doing some reading. I found the blend to be nice and soothing, and left me with a pleasant aftertaste. As far as complexity, in comparison to Forever Nuts, this one feels a little plain. Still enjoyable nonetheless, and I would love to have another cup of it at some point to get more of the undertones. Fans of chai or coconut should look into this.

At first, I felt like I was drinking thai fried rice because of the predominant ingredient lemongrass. Supposedly, lemongrass is good for stomach ailments or head aches. Didn’t really notice it helped much in those regards, but it tasted pleasant nonetheless.

In fact, if you like thai food or fragrances, this tea can be brewed with rice and spices if you crave a milder version of thai rice.

Exotica is more a tangy tea with hints of nuttiness and would go great combined with a straight green tea.

Would I buy again? Probably not. Would I suggest it? Hmm…not necessarily.

I think this is the best tea I’ve had from Davids so far. A good tea for me doesn’t go bitter if it’s steeped for too long. That way I can have a big tea pot of it, or keep it in my travel mug. I resteepted this one three times over the weekend and it was still good each time. I’ll definitely be going back to get a tin of this stuff!

200 °F / 93 °C 8 min or more

Not bad. Lemongrass and cardamom are the two dominant tastes here, with something almost sickly sweet hiding in the background – not sure if it’s the coconut or the pineapple. Thought it was licorice at first. There’s a tickle of clove in the aftertaste. It threw me off at first because it brews almost clear, I hadn’t thought it brewed at all. Four minutes and it’s quite strong.

so good sweet and fresh

I just had this iced at David’s Tea with Agave. Ummmm, Tastes fresh but not too weak, I like it!

This tea is PREFECT for the first few days of spring. A delicious accompaniment for sitting out on your balcony rekindling your love for the outdoors =)