Exotica

Cinnamon, Cloves, Spices, Sweet
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

From DAVIDsTEA

Your new obsession

In a world of temptation, this tisane stands out. It’s a delicately spicy blend of lemongrass, red pepper, cloves, cinnamon, cardamom, pineapple, orange peel and coconut. So exotic, so inviting, so warming. And as spring progresses into summer, you’ll find that it’s a refreshingly different iced tea. Try it with a touch of manuka honey for a truly exotic experience. Caffeine-free. (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Lemongrass, pink peppercorn, cloves, cinnamon, cardamom, pineapple, orange peel, coconut, natural flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Nice! With all these spicy combination and the perfect flavour of the lemongrass it’s like a sweet and sour lemon flavour, almost a hot spicy lemonade. Kind of hard to explain. It’s just this tart and sweet fruity lemon tea, a great addition to any tea collection. Just don;t steep it too long or the lemon takes over!

Another tea I tried courtesy of the advent calendar. Unfortunately, not a favourite, although I’m wondering if the sample size of the tea perhaps affected its flavour to some degree as I don’t recall seeing cloves or pineapple in the last batch. I remember liking it alright back in December when my roommate and I compared a bunch of teas one evening, but the last pot of it we shared last night tasted strongly of warm lemongrass, a bit spicy, and that’s about it. Not likely to give this one another shot though, since although I love lemongrass as a flavouring in food, I don’t think it suits me in tea.

Boiling 8 min or more

Beautiful, buttery, and smooth. Absolutely loved it and would enjoy it any time of the day.

Creamy Lemony yummyness, I really like this a lot!

I got a sample of this when I ordered Swampwater. It’s a very light coloured tea, which makes me wonder how it will taste. I am glad I got it as a sample. I am not a fan of it. In my opinion it does not have much flavour to it.

My taste buds and lemongrass teas are not happy bedfellows.

That is all.

Got this as a sample, and I think I’d have to be in the right mood for it. When I first smelled it dry I thought it was great! Now it’s a little too sickeningly sweet…and I must’ve let the water cool too much before steeping, because my tea ball is still in, and it’s sort of coconutty and bland. I might have to try brewing the rest of the sample in hotter water.

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more

I decided to get a cup of this tea to try at David’s Tea. I did not really enjoy it maybe I had high expectations as everyone told how much they loved it. For me, the dominant flavour was cinnamon which was fine but I guess I was expecting to taste the other ingredients in the tea as well.

Yummy Yummy Yummy! I tried this tea in my tasting box that I got and absolutely love it! I’ll definitely be adding it to my cupboard as soon as possible.

This tea is incredible!! I can literally drink it all day…..I absolutely love it with manuka honey from Wedderspoon. It really does taste exotic, that’s the best way to describe it!

- Rebecca L. www.RealHealthandFitness.com