Kabusecha

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

From DAVIDsTEA

This steamed green tea brings the sweetness of sencha and the richness of gyokuro into perfect equilibrium. Kabusecha – “covered tea” – is grown in the shade for the last two weeks before picking, creating a complex flavour that combines both light and dark notes. It’s always taken from the first pluck of the season – taste it and discover the way its mellow balance perfectly captures the freshness of spring.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I’m back! And boy, have I been busy since I last posted!

In baby news: a week after my son’s due date I finally went into real labour… after drinking gallons of raspberry leaf tea (to no avail) and going for a labour-inducing acupressure massage (which seemed to do the trick). Baby boy, Finntan, was born at 8am on April 12th. I won’t go into great detail about the labour, but it was one of the hardest things I have ever done. Thankfully we were discharged that night since:
a) my mom is one of the delivery Doctors and I used that to my advantage…
b) the hospital was short on rooms already, why keep us there when we had no complications?
c) it’s hard to relax and/or sleep when it seems like every time you settle down someone must check on you or the baby for whatever reason.

Settling at home, with a toddler and newborn has been smoother than expected, but my husband went back to work today and the in-laws leave tomorrow… so we’ll see how much of my sanity remains at the end of the week.

On our first excursion out we went to the mall and I just had to stop by the DAVIDsTEA to refill my Creme Caramel Rooibos tin (the tot has been drinking this one like there’s no tomorrow!) and pick up some others: Pure Vanilla and Bollywood Chai. Yet, lately I’ve been craving straight, pure tea and since I haven’t drank this since last year it’s about time I had some (plus it’ll probably get stale soon).

It’s smooth, lightly vegetal, hints of cream or butter, with a fresh, sweet finish that lingers and exactly what I’ve been craving during this crazy week of newborn/in-laws/adjustments.

TeaBrat

congratulations!

Lala

Congrats!

Cavocorax

Congrats! And that’s great that you didn’t have to stay!

Also, I should try this tea!

Kittenna

Really belated congrats! I’ve been on here too sporadically to have caught this post (or any of your other ones). I hope things are still going well with baby :D

Ok… tried this a couple weeks ago, but have no recollection whatsoever of how it tasted! Boo! Luckily Janelle sent me plenty, so I can give it another few attempts and write about them then :)

I must say that this Green tea is really close of perfection. First of all, if you don’t like fish smell or salmon taste, dont try it. This is exactly a tea that taste like salmon, a REAL GOOD salmon, but with a little earthy taste.

This is a green tea which can be used two times because it’s full of flavor that just need 1,5 minutes to brew! The earthy taste is really more present at the second time you brew it!

P.S. -Do NOT over brew this tea… This will really ruin the taste.

Grassy and buttery – but I love it.