Strawberry Rhubarb Crumble

White Tea
Cinnamon, Flavouring, Freeze Dried Strawberries, Hibiscus Flowers, Orange Peel, Rose Hips, Sugar, White Tea
Fruity
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

From DAVIDsTEA

Ease your transition into fall with this perfect combination of tart rhubarb and sweet strawberries. Like a delicious fruit crumble, it captures the last flavours of summer in a warm autumnal blend. With white tea, real berries and a delicate seasoning of cinnamon, hibiscus and orange peel, it’s like comfort food in a mug. Add some brown sugar and get ready to feel all warm and cozy. Isn’t fall just lovely sometimes?

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This is another tea from this purveyor that has an incredible fragrance but the flavor is a off.

It smells sweet and strongly of berries, cinnamon and a touch of brown sugar. Once prepared, this takes on more of a tart, green fragrance.

The initial flavor was sour and tart. It eventually developed a bit of spiciness from the cinnamon and there was a subtle, lingering strawberry aftertaste. The tea in this, however, was completely obliterated. The lack of any tea presence and the initial sourness made this a mediocre cup for me.

I received this as a sample with my Davids Tea order… decided to try it. This is a light tea… I am getting some strawberry flavor but more of a brown sugar, cinnamon crumble taste… which is delightful! I wouldn’t mind having more of this tea.

loooooooove it!!
I think the other strawberry white DT has takes the top spot but this one is a very close second! it really does taste just like a Rhubarb crumble. Tart and cinnamony, with straw-rhubarb sweetness in between. AND somehow, the white still manages to peek it’s head out. How could they have ever retired this one… well atleast it’s back, for the moment.
Only tea could bring me back from my weekend funk!!! It was odd, like I existed on a different plan than everyone else (save one girl, who was friendly) at the cottage. Oh well, live’n learn.
mmmmmmm strawberry rhubarb crumble… makes it alll better :)
EDIT: As the cup cools, hibiscus is becoming more pronounced. It’s more tart and floral now and a little bit less crumbley. While still good, this lowers my rating just a tad.

I just purchased this online, as it has come “back from the dead”. My first try of this tea I brewed it to the exact parameters on the bag and thought it tasted awful because it was incredibly tart! Anyway, I decided that people must have voted for this tea for a reason, so I’m giving it another shot today. I used a lower temperature water than directed, hoping it wouldn’t be as tart as the first time I tried it. And it’s actually quite lovely.
It brews into a wonderful peach colour, though I expected the hibiscus and the strawberry to turn it a light pink. I added some agave to it to try and circumvent the tartness I had gotten before, and it tastes quite a bit like my mother’s strawberry rhubarb crumble in a cup, yet without the almost unbearable tartness of the rhubarb. I’m also getting some apple notes out of this tea, which I don’t enjoy so much, but overall it is an adequate blend. Not as good as some other DT blends, however. I also have a feeling that since its original release, these teas have been re-blended and don’t taste the same as they originally did. Can anyone corroborate this theory?
I do look forward to cold steeping this one! Update on that to come (eventually) :-)

I decided to give this tea a try today, I bought it back when it I bought my strawberry rhubarb parfait tea. Since I loved the Strawberry Rhubarb Parfait and I love white teas I thought I would love this tea as well. I was right, this tea is delicious sweet and tart in the best ways. Dry this tea has a lovely aroma that welcomes you to try it and steeped the aroma changes to a subtle cinnamon and fruity scent that warm and inviting. The tea’s colour is a beautiful clear light brown and the taste as I mentioned before was a lovely mix of sweet and tart with cinnamon underneath. Definitely a tea I’ll order more of.

Courtney

I picked up some Strawberry Rhubarb Parfait today and it wasn’t for me :( If you want to follow me I can send you the rest. Haha I need room in my cupboard for something I enjoy!

Not quite like Mom’s but still delicious!

Growing up my mom used to make crumbles all the time, it is one of my favorite desserts to enjoy, so inherently this tea was a must. After trying it I will say it is certainly great, but it hasn’t made an overly amazing impression on me.

Dry it has a pleasing baked goods aroma, you can smell from the dry leaves that it is a slightly tart tea, and it certainly is. The final brew takes on a red hue from the strawberries and hibiscus, and as other posters have mentioned it is tart. First cup I has without any sweeteners in it to see how it tasted, and it was a little to tart for my liking, but there is a cure.

I was messing around with Mom’s Apple Pie and decided that it would be interesting to try it with brown sugar instead of raw sugar, as brown sugar is more caramelized it obviously has a sweeter taste and is more powerful, but is commonly used when baking such desserts. To my amazement it added just the right flavor to Mom’s Apple Pie to make me almost hoover up my entire tin so I tried it on my second cup of Strawberry Rhubarb Crumble and almost drank the entire cup in one gulp.

mmmmmm just finished watching a Kawarthan Sunset of brilliant blazes of orange…and savoured the moment with a tall mug of my precious commodity of StrawRubarb Crumble….yes, life can be this sweet :) ….

Another tea that I find to smell absolutely delicious, but am disappointed when I taste it. I tried to like it, I really did. But I just don’t. I find it doesn’t taste anything near to what it smells like, which is too bad.

Very light flavour, like most white teas. It smells like a bakery and if you enjoy DavidsTea Love Tea # 7 then I would recommend this. Delicious with brown sugar, as suggested!

Three years! Its been three years since I last had any Steepster activity. Time flies when you aren’t drinking tea very much (that’s the saying, right?). Much has changed in the four years since I’ve been here. Well, maybe not at Steepster, but definitely in my life. Two different jobs, five new dogs, two new cats….its hella crazy at casa de Camiah. As I was drinking a sample of tea that I received from a fellow Steepster friend all those years ago, I decided it would be nice to take up the tealogging again. So here I am. First out of the gate is David’s Tea Strawberry Rhubarb Crumble.

The scent of the tea is somewhat muted and diminished over how I expect it was when this sample first came into my life, but that should be expected after four years. That it had any scent or flavor at all was actually quite amazing. As before, my flavor tasting sense is not very great, but I was still able to pick up a fruity scent and flavor to the tea. The instructions on the baggie said to steep for only 30 seconds, but since I wasn’t sure the amount of tea I had would cover how much water I had to put in my Breville, I quadrupled the steep time, and the tea was none the worse for the wear. I think if I would have steeped it for only 30 seconds, I would have ended up with barely troubled water. It was a rainy afternoon here, and the tea hit that warm, lazy spot that demands tea on an afternoon such as this. Anyway, I have a cupboard full of tea that I really need to drink. Despite my not drinking a lot of tea, I had an occasional tea buy that kept my cupboard overflowling. My aim is to drink only from my stash until it is a manageable amount (by which I mean it fits in one cupboard). This is tougher than it seems, since I’ve switched back to coffee in the mornings, which means I need to resurrect my after-work tea to make any progress.

Flavors: Fruity

2 tsp 17 OZ / 500 ML
Indigobloom

Welcome back!! I know the cupboard battles well. Good luck!