Strawberry Rhubarb Crumble

White Tea
Cinnamon, Flavouring, Freeze Dried Strawberries, Hibiscus Flowers, Orange Peel, Rose Hips, Sugar, White Tea
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

• “Travel mug #3. Almost gone :( I wish I could justify picking up more of this one, because it's one of my favourite strawberry teas. Hopefully they'll bring it back one day. I'm probably going to...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2498 tasting notes
  • “S I don't forget, had a cup of this tonight..a single serving left before its all gone.... Wheeeee! 13 weeks until November... 221 teas less 150 over those 13 weeks is 6 sipdowns a week.......” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 5241 tasting notes
  • “This tea is on the Last Chance DavidsTEA page! Nooo! I have nice memories of drinking this tea with my dad on christmas! Sucks to discontinue a tea, but I do like Strawberry Rhubarb combos, so I'll...” Read full tasting note
    awkwardsoul 1063 tasting notes
  • “This is one of my very favourite teas, and David's discontinued it a while ago. I've been hoarding samples from *Sil* and *jessiwrites*, because they're awesome. I may have just had a minor...” Read full tasting note
    Courtney 699 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Ease your transition into fall with this perfect combination of tart rhubarb and sweet strawberries. Like a delicious fruit crumble, it captures the last flavours of summer in a warm autumnal blend. With white tea, real berries and a delicate seasoning of cinnamon, hibiscus and orange peel, it’s like comfort food in a mug. Add some brown sugar and get ready to feel all warm and cozy. Isn’t fall just lovely sometimes?

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This is another tea from this purveyor that has an incredible fragrance but the flavor is a off.

It smells sweet and strongly of berries, cinnamon and a touch of brown sugar. Once prepared, this takes on more of a tart, green fragrance.

The initial flavor was sour and tart. It eventually developed a bit of spiciness from the cinnamon and there was a subtle, lingering strawberry aftertaste. The tea in this, however, was completely obliterated. The lack of any tea presence and the initial sourness made this a mediocre cup for me.

I received this as a sample with my Davids Tea order… decided to try it. This is a light tea… I am getting some strawberry flavor but more of a brown sugar, cinnamon crumble taste… which is delightful! I wouldn’t mind having more of this tea.

loooooooove it!!
I think the other strawberry white DT has takes the top spot but this one is a very close second! it really does taste just like a Rhubarb crumble. Tart and cinnamony, with straw-rhubarb sweetness in between. AND somehow, the white still manages to peek it’s head out. How could they have ever retired this one… well atleast it’s back, for the moment.
Only tea could bring me back from my weekend funk!!! It was odd, like I existed on a different plan than everyone else (save one girl, who was friendly) at the cottage. Oh well, live’n learn.
mmmmmmm strawberry rhubarb crumble… makes it alll better :)
EDIT: As the cup cools, hibiscus is becoming more pronounced. It’s more tart and floral now and a little bit less crumbley. While still good, this lowers my rating just a tad.

I just purchased this online, as it has come “back from the dead”. My first try of this tea I brewed it to the exact parameters on the bag and thought it tasted awful because it was incredibly tart! Anyway, I decided that people must have voted for this tea for a reason, so I’m giving it another shot today. I used a lower temperature water than directed, hoping it wouldn’t be as tart as the first time I tried it. And it’s actually quite lovely.
It brews into a wonderful peach colour, though I expected the hibiscus and the strawberry to turn it a light pink. I added some agave to it to try and circumvent the tartness I had gotten before, and it tastes quite a bit like my mother’s strawberry rhubarb crumble in a cup, yet without the almost unbearable tartness of the rhubarb. I’m also getting some apple notes out of this tea, which I don’t enjoy so much, but overall it is an adequate blend. Not as good as some other DT blends, however. I also have a feeling that since its original release, these teas have been re-blended and don’t taste the same as they originally did. Can anyone corroborate this theory?
I do look forward to cold steeping this one! Update on that to come (eventually) :-)

I decided to give this tea a try today, I bought it back when it I bought my strawberry rhubarb parfait tea. Since I loved the Strawberry Rhubarb Parfait and I love white teas I thought I would love this tea as well. I was right, this tea is delicious sweet and tart in the best ways. Dry this tea has a lovely aroma that welcomes you to try it and steeped the aroma changes to a subtle cinnamon and fruity scent that warm and inviting. The tea’s colour is a beautiful clear light brown and the taste as I mentioned before was a lovely mix of sweet and tart with cinnamon underneath. Definitely a tea I’ll order more of.

Courtney

I picked up some Strawberry Rhubarb Parfait today and it wasn’t for me :( If you want to follow me I can send you the rest. Haha I need room in my cupboard for something I enjoy!

Not quite like Mom’s but still delicious!

Growing up my mom used to make crumbles all the time, it is one of my favorite desserts to enjoy, so inherently this tea was a must. After trying it I will say it is certainly great, but it hasn’t made an overly amazing impression on me.

Dry it has a pleasing baked goods aroma, you can smell from the dry leaves that it is a slightly tart tea, and it certainly is. The final brew takes on a red hue from the strawberries and hibiscus, and as other posters have mentioned it is tart. First cup I has without any sweeteners in it to see how it tasted, and it was a little to tart for my liking, but there is a cure.

I was messing around with Mom’s Apple Pie and decided that it would be interesting to try it with brown sugar instead of raw sugar, as brown sugar is more caramelized it obviously has a sweeter taste and is more powerful, but is commonly used when baking such desserts. To my amazement it added just the right flavor to Mom’s Apple Pie to make me almost hoover up my entire tin so I tried it on my second cup of Strawberry Rhubarb Crumble and almost drank the entire cup in one gulp.

mmmmmm just finished watching a Kawarthan Sunset of brilliant blazes of orange…and savoured the moment with a tall mug of my precious commodity of StrawRubarb Crumble….yes, life can be this sweet :) ….

Another tea that I find to smell absolutely delicious, but am disappointed when I taste it. I tried to like it, I really did. But I just don’t. I find it doesn’t taste anything near to what it smells like, which is too bad.

Very light flavour, like most white teas. It smells like a bakery and if you enjoy DavidsTea Love Tea # 7 then I would recommend this. Delicious with brown sugar, as suggested!

So this is a loooong discontinued tea… It makes since David’s has a similar tea ‘Strawberry rhubard Parfait’, but sadly it is a far inferior tea.

So my bag of strawberry rhubarb crumble is far older than I like to keep a tea… But it is so good I just can’t bring myself to drink it….

Is anyone else like that? The more delicious the tea, the more reluctant you are to drink it? I have maybe 2 more cups left, then that’s it, it’s gone forever….
Tragic :(

Review
All the Melodrama above is for a good reason, this is a delicious tea. It’s a gorgeous red, and deliciously tart.
It tastes precisely of rhubarb and when sweetened the strawberry comes out.
The white tea gives it an added richness, and for a fruity tea surprisingly the flavors really suit being hot.
It reminds of a hot strawberry rhubarb pie, without the crust.

The reason I love this tea, and dislike the extant Strawberry rhubarb parfait, is this tea does not taste at all artificial. It’s fruity and sweet, and tart, but not fake.
The parfait tastes fake and artificial.

So all in all, I am going to have drink the rest of this soon…. but I will do it sadly, since I know it is discontinued