Banana Nut Bread

Fruit Herbal Blend
Almonds, Artificial Flavouring, Currants, Freeze Dried Banana Slices
Banana, Nuts, banana, Dates, Pastries, Walnut, Nutty, Sweet, Baked Bread, Raisins
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Perry Papadopoulos
Boiling 7 min, 15 sec 5 g 11 oz / 333 ml

4 Images

Like all amazing recipes, this one took years to perfect – and it was totally worth the wait. This tea miraculously captures the flavour of freshly-baked banana bread. The taste of real banana slices blends perfectly with almonds and the sweetness of dates and currants. It’s fragrant, with all the warmth of a loaf hot from the oven. As deliciously comforting as mama’s special recipe, but without the calories.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This one had to steep forever for me to really be able to taste it, which is unusual for me because I normally prefer a weaker tea. But when I could, it was delicious! A little bit sweet, a little bit bready, and quite fantastic. And I actually got three decent steeps out of this, adding milk to the second and third. I’m impressed with the flavor, but a little disappointed that I’ll probably only get about 5 cups out of my 50g bag.

Ah I’ve been waiting to try this one! My store doesn’t carry it :(

This is so weird. Maybe the strangest “tea” I’ve ever had. Felt kind of cheated when I put some in the Ingenuitea (mistake, I know, didn’t read the reviews first though). It looked like a threw a handful of trail mix in there, and then when my timer went off I thought something had gone wrong. It looked completely clear, which in hindsight makes sense, but I’m so used to color being an indicator that something had taken place. Poured in the cup and it’s a light yellow. I have some left of this from the fall sampler (actually used a small sample pack because 2 of the 3 free samples they sent me were included in the sampler, so much for getting to try different stuff…) so I may add more/steep longer next time.

Smells like fresh banana nut bread, actually makes me want to make some! Taste is pretty smooth, definitely nutty and the banana isn’t too overpowering or in your face. It blends well with the other flavors. Kind of light, but again that could just be how I steeped it. It’s alright but not a favorite. There is kind of a gross residue in the bottom of my cup, and frankly I’m scared to look at my Ingenuitea right now!

This is my favorite tea right now. I like the sweet banana taste it has. To me it smells and tastes just like banana bread. I do have to agree with everyone you don’t get much of this tea in the bag. I tried double steeping it but it just didn’t really have much taste the second time. O well i still think it tastes amazing.

First sip seems thin. The banana tastes very artificial to me. Sweet throughout with a sickly sweet trail into the aftertaste. I can definitely taste the nuttiness from the almonds.

Boiling 8 min or more

As I enjoyed the silky warm tones of Michael Buble and a relaxing manicure this evening I was tempted to try this nostalgic herbal. The scent definitely lives up to its name and I was transported to late autumn in the kitchen baking banana bread. A little more than I had for “Snow Bunny” I have to admit. The taste is also reminicent of the hearty baked good and I almost forgot that I wasn’t actually consuming a slice. Haha. I don’t drink banana teas that often but this could make me want to drink more.

I was also pleased to see currants in the blend for I have been making a lot of currant butter sauce with the local fresh currants as of late(now that the short season’s over you can guess that I won’t be doing this much more). The currant’s tart quality somehow warms the sweetness of the bananas in this blend and balances this sweetness out to a more comforting level.

Have to agree w others reviews. This is like infusing trail mix. Got this one as a free sample -likely won’t reorder it. Tasted of a mild banana flavored tisane. But if you like bananas give it a try…

Tastes mostly like real bananas and nuts, though there can be a strong sweet-banana aftertaste from the banana chips if you steep is too long. (I’ve left mine in the travel-mug infuser 15 minutes now.) I like the balanace of the nuts and currants, too.

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more

This might be against tea-religion, but I don’t even put this tea into a basket, I just throw it in the cup and poor water on it and nibble some of the pieces that float. Call my crazy, but I love it.

Michelle Butler Hallett

You kidding? Nothing wrong with that. You’re old school, girl! Be proud!
(I nibble bits of rooibos that come through the sipping filter. And God knows, Banana Nut Bread Tea could double as a trail mix, especially dry.)

It really could! Also, Forever Nuts? Once it is steeped? Great on oatmeal!

This was a minor miracle for the day. I took a guess and added more nuts than I usually do and, surprisingly, didn’t steep it for as long as I initially would have. I finally get the bread flavour I was looking for. I need to try brewing this with more nuts and a shorter steep time more often. For now, I am bumping the rating a bit because it is a lot better than I thought it was!

This smells wonderful! 25g gave me enough for maybe 2 cups since its so heavy. The banana taste is very powerful. I love the smell more than the taste of this tea. It is very well made, just a bit too much banana flavor for me I guess. I’m glad I tried it though!

ohhhhhh did i wish to have read all the taste note before making that one first because of the steeping time 7 minute ( as written on the bag ) is no where nearly enough to have anything other that coloured water but the one i should really have read was the suggestion to use t-bag >

Boiling 8 min or more