Banana Nut Bread

Fruit Herbal Blend
Almonds, Artificial Flavouring, Currants, Freeze Dried Banana Slices
banana, Brown Sugar, Dates, Banana, Nuts, Pastries, Walnut, Nutty, Sweet, Baked Bread, Raisins
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Perry Papadopoulos
Boiling 7 min, 15 sec 5 g 11 oz / 331 ml

4 Images

Like all amazing recipes, this one took years to perfect – and it was totally worth the wait. This tea miraculously captures the flavour of freshly-baked banana bread. The taste of real banana slices blends perfectly with almonds and the sweetness of dates and currants. It’s fragrant, with all the warmth of a loaf hot from the oven. As deliciously comforting as mama’s special recipe, but without the calories.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This tea is absolutely delicious. I am drinking it as desert with a tsp of German Rock Sugar and it is a perfect dessert tea. It tastes exactly like it smells, like a rich sweet banana nut bread with only 25 calories! I feel like I really need to stock up on this blend before it’s retired for the season.

This one sounds yummy!!!

This is a great banana tea for those of you who like me don’t normally like banana teas, it kinda reminds me of carrot cake tea but it’s even better :)

I had always wanted to try this one, and I’m glad DT brought it back! It’s pretty tasty. I prefer Copabanana still, but I’m honestly glad that they brought back one similar to it.

Boiling 8 min or more

I bought 25g and used most of it to make a small pitcher of iced tea. I added a bit of agave to it and it’s delicious! I think it will be good hot later on in the season. The almost clear look is a bit deceiving for “tea”.

I was prepared to not like that tea, seeing it actually contains only dried fruits and nuts (no actual tea), and after infusion, the water remains mostly transparent as if nothing had infused. I was prepared for a bland infusion that doesn’t taste of much.

I was proven wrong on my first sip. It was definitely like drinking a slice of banana nut bread. The rich taste of banana nut bread is all there, and left me in awe. Like the previous reviewer, I let the tea infuse the whole time, and the taste was perfect this way. I’m very impressed!

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more

Thanks jeweledthumb for this. I love it! Too bad can’t get anymore of this :( I definitely tasted the nutty banana bread. I used about 2-3tsps (too chunky to really measure properly) in 4oz of boiling water and steeped it for well over 10 mins. It has a natural sweetness to it coming from the banana. I re-steeped about 4 times and the flavor remained until the 4th re-steep.

Good thing I read the reviews before steeping this one. I decided to steep this in a pyrex measuring cup so I didn’t have to use an infuser. Worked really well.

Boiling 8 min or more

Glad you enjoyed it! Maybe Davidstea will bring it back someday?

This is another personal favourite from David’s Tea. I do agree with some of the negative aspects reported here: occasionally there is an oily residue on top, it does make a mess in the steeping ball/basket and you do need to pack a bit more in there to get a stronger flavour. Given the large size of the pieces, it isn’t the most economical tea, but it’s a nice treat.

With that being said, the banana nut aroma is delicate and a great accompaniment to a morning muffin. I also find that you don’t need to add any sweetener and this is one of the few that I drink ‘straight’.

I add 1 1/4 spoonfuls like the package says and find it the perfect, non-caffeinated afternoon tea after I’ve already drank plenty of caffeine in the morning. It’s pleasant, not overly sweet (although, if you prefer more sweetness, you can definitely add your own), and has a nice light banana taste to it.

I have no problems with it. If you want a stronger taste (as in, find it underwhelming), just simply add more spoonfuls!
If you’re in for a full day of paper writing like me, I’m sure you’d appreciate this to accompany your day :).

I got a couple cups’ worth of this from a sample.

It’s okay, and I don’t like banana-flavoured things, so I guess that’s not bad. It does smell just like banana nut bread, and the taste isn’t that far off. It actually seems really sweet to me, though. I let it over-steep once and that was not good. I find it gets kind of sickly-sweet/rich towards the end.

I wouldn’t buy it but would certainly recommend trying it if you like banana flavours.

This one’s alright, but weird since there’s not actually any tea in it! I almost wanted to just snack on it haha!!

My only real complaint about this tea is the MESS it leaves after it’s been steeped.. gross. But the flavour is great!!