Banana Nut Bread

Fruit Herbal Blend
Almonds, Artificial Flavouring, Currants, Freeze Dried Banana Slices
banana, Cinnamon, Dates, Nutty, Popcorn, Butter, Baked Bread, Nuts, Sweet, Artificial, Banana, Brown Sugar, Cake, Fruity, Raisins, Spices, Walnut, Creamy, Candy, Cream, Sugar, Pastries
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Perry Papadopoulos
Boiling 7 min, 15 sec 5 g 12 oz / 344 ml

4 Images

From DAVIDsTEA

Like all amazing recipes, this one took years to perfect – and it was totally worth the wait. This tea miraculously captures the flavour of freshly-baked banana bread. The taste of real banana slices blends perfectly with almonds and the sweetness of dates and currants. It’s fragrant, with all the warmth of a loaf hot from the oven. As deliciously comforting as mama’s special recipe, but without the calories.

Price: $8.98 per 50g

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This tea is one of my absolute favourites. I tasted it for the first time in the 2015 Advent Calendar and fell in love. I’ve since bought a tin of 100 g, and then a 250 g tin. The tea has a light flavour and needs to be steeped for a long time (I’ve found the longer the better, even 20+ min). It really does remind me of banana bread though and I think that is why I love it so much.

Flavors: banana, Cinnamon, Dates

8 min or more 2 tsp 15 OZ / 450 ML

Ew. I was crazy about this when it was re-released last year – but I quickly grew to hate it. Maybe its the nuts, I don’t know, but I just had to dump the rest down the drain.

Flavors: banana, Nutty

Sample from TeainSpoons. Thank you!

This one tasted like buttered popcorn to me. Not bad, just not what I was expecting!

Flavors: Popcorn

This tea is just okay – I don’t think I will re-purchase again once my current stock runs out. It has a very buttery flavor and the banana chunks tend to get in the way of the actual tea from steeping.

Flavors: banana, Butter, Dates

This was part of a Christmas pack I got that I’m just getting to now. I found this tea generally underwhelming. Brewed up there’s a really nice buttery and nutty aroma that really does evoke baked goods. I wish it tasted like it smells though. I didn’t get a lot of flavours besides the banana. There’s a very artificial tasting sweetness to it and although I like a lot of dessert teas, the sweetness in this one didn’t particularly agree with me both initially and with the lingering aftertaste. I’m glad I only have a small tin of it.

Flavors: Baked Bread, banana, Butter, Nuts

205 °F / 96 °C 6 min, 0 sec 5 g 12 OZ / 355 ML

I met up with a friend in the vicinity of a DavidsTea yesterday, so I took the opportunity to grab a couple of teas that I’ve heard really good things about. Grabbed this one along with Forever Nuts. I drank Forever Nuts yesterday while catching up on The Good Wife Season 6 before I start the last season, and I enjoyed it, though I don’t have any notes this time.

Banana Nut Bread is another very heavy tea. I got 30g, but it is literally only enough tea for about 2 16oz cups. I left it to steep for about 10 mins, since I want all the flavour I can get, if I’m only going to have 2 cups of it. It smells pretty good, almost like an actual banana loaf with a hint of nuts and dates.

Taste is just OK. I don’t get a whole lot of the banana flavour, probably because the sales assistant only manages to get two tiny pieces into my purchase, one of which I made sure to include in my steep this time, and one for next time. I do get a lot of nut flavours, mixed with a kind of heavy sweetness that sits kind of weirdly on the tongue. I don’t really taste the dates either, but maybe I just can’t identify them in the rather confusing mix of flavours. I’m glad I got to try this one, but I don’t think I would get this again. I enjoyed Forever Nuts a lot more!

Edit: As I’m trying to finish this cup, I’ve decided that I actually don’t like it at all. It leaves a weird aftertaste, kind of sour, which doesn’t make sense to the sweetness of the tea. Maybe I’ll try the rest iced.

Kristal

I remember making lattes out of this: I would brew 4 “perfect spoonfuls” for like 10 min (stiring a lot) until it made a cake-batter like consistency, and then mixed it with hot, frothed milk. Sweet and good in my opinion, but messy, finck-y and so expensive since its so heavy

Mookit

Wow, it brews that thick just by itself? Not that I’m surprised too much, but that’s weird!

Kristal

I tried brewing it the first time in my steeper and it was awful trying to clean it out because it was so thick. Switched over to a metal mesh cup strainer instead. For a successful brew I still find you need to stir it around ALOT to release the flavours.

Sweet, nutty, warm, tasty. Miam!

Flavors: Nutty, Sweet

8 min or more

It wasn’t terrible…but it definitely wasn’t good. The artificial sweetener taste negatively outweighed any authentic flavors.

Flavors: Artificial, banana, Dates

It steeps a tan colour and the aroma is mostly banana, but there is so much more once you take a sip.This tea tastes like a banana bread muffin. The loose leaf has pieces of dried banana of candied fruits and nuts in it, so I guess that shouldn’t be surprising. You can really taste the fruity banana and lots of different spices. The tea is sweet, but I think that is a given for a blend called “Banana Nut Blend”.

Flavors: banana, Banana, Brown Sugar, Cake, Cinnamon, Fruity, Raisins, Spices, Sweet, Walnut

I love bananas but I’m usually always disappointed in banana teas. This one is no exception. I did not like it the first time I had it. I had some more left and decided to try again. I brewed it double strength and it was way better but still not a favorite. This time it was drinkable instead of just tossing it in the sink.