Banana Nut Bread

Fruit Herbal Blend
Almonds, Artificial Flavouring, Currants, Freeze Dried Banana Slices
banana, Brown Sugar, Dates, Banana, Nuts, Pastries, Walnut, Nutty, Sweet, Baked Bread, Raisins
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Perry Papadopoulos
Boiling 7 min, 15 sec 5 g 11 oz / 331 ml

4 Images

Like all amazing recipes, this one took years to perfect – and it was totally worth the wait. This tea miraculously captures the flavour of freshly-baked banana bread. The taste of real banana slices blends perfectly with almonds and the sweetness of dates and currants. It’s fragrant, with all the warmth of a loaf hot from the oven. As deliciously comforting as mama’s special recipe, but without the calories.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I really enjoyed this brewed with a regular orange pekoe tea (for some body) and a splash of milk. My cup tasted like warm and slightly sweet banana bread!

However, I did want to point out that it took 25 g to brew one small cup. As a tisane, this is just dried fruits and nuts, no tea, which makes it very heavy. At $3.50 + a tea bag per glass, this is a little pricey compared to other teas. Based on that, I’ll probably keep trying other flavours instead of re-purchasing this.

Flavors: banana, Brown Sugar, Dates

Definitely an interesting tea! There wasn’t a ton in the bag because of the large pieces, which was a bummer- so not sure I will buy all the time, but it was a nice treat! It was also a little sweet so I definitely wouldn’t put anything in it!

Flavors: Banana, Nuts

Boiling 8 min or more 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

I don’t love this, but i don’t hate it. The banana isn’t quite what i want it to be, but it does carry that banana nut bread impression. what i REALLY hate, is the sludgey mess it made of my infuser. gross.

Thanks for the tip- maybe I’ll stick to disposable tea filters for this one.

might have been that my sample was frm the bottom of the bucket…so more little bits..but blech.

Evol Ving Ness

No, it doesn’t matter. It is always sludgy. Disposable tea bags are the best way to go with this one.

Must remember disposable tea bag for this one when it comes up in my advent calendar. Thanks!

Evol Ving Ness

Hmm. It is such a heavy tea that I can’t imagine them being able to cram enough into one of those little metal pots. You’ll have to let us know how it goes.

I brew this in the gravity steeper and it seems to be fine there, although it’s plastic so maybe that’s it. Thank heavens for steeping alternatives. Sorry you weren’t blown away by this tea though!

I enjoyed this almost as much as the cardamom French toast. Quite sweet and makes a good dessert tea.

Flavors: banana

So. I opened my packet of this tea the day before yesterday. Since then, I have dipped into it about six times, steeping approximately ten minutes. Delicious banana-ness, a bit of cake-iness, a bit of nuttiness, and a bit of date. Superb.

It is sweet, but perfectly so. Not too much.

Another huge thing is that I do not detect any artificial aftertaste, which often happens in DT teas which contain fruit.

Be careful to only steep this in a teabag that you can then toss as this tea will gum up any tea apparatus you use for steeping.

The only thing I do not like about this tea is that it is heavy, and therefore, expensive. This may turn out to be an expensive habit.

Edit note. I’ve reduced my rating of this tea from 100 to 90 because of the artificial aftertaste of the last batch I steeped. Such a shame—this tisane was just about almost perfect.

Flavors: banana, Dates, Pastries, Walnut

Boiling 8 min or more 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

I know, this tea is amaaaaazing! and I agree—no artificial taste! an expensive habit indeed, because I load up two tsp for about 12 oz.

Evol Ving Ness

On this last batch that I made today, I did detect a bit of artificial aftertaste. Luck of the draw, I suppose. I did have a large piece of date in my spoon of the dry leaf, and I understand that all the fruit in DT is treated with something or other that leaves an undesirable aftertaste.

I was pretty skeptical of this. I’m not a big fan of nutty teas.

I only purchased 20g of it, and unfortunately it’s a ‘bulky’ tea, so 20g is barely enough for two large mugs of tea.

As it was steeping I was hit with the banana scent and mmmm!!! It smelled so good! I was very excited to drink it! It is definitely pre-sweetened, but not overly. I enjoyed the flavour and it definitely did have a bit of that “baked goods” flavour I wanted.

Downfall – It re-steeps horribly. Expect to have it once, and toss it out. And don’t forget because it’s weighty, you won’t get much to begin with. So if you are thrifty like me, the value just isn’t there. (OH I heart my Vanilla Orchid Oolong, that I can resteep like 5 times!!)

I find with teas with fruit pieces they are usually only good for one steep.

I just wrote this on a different tasting note, but the more I read about this tea the more I want to try it! haha

Nutty and lovely. Will certainly use a disposable bag moving forward – makes a mess.

8 min or more

This tea is one of my favourites. It’s sweet and rich, and is a perfect seasonal treat, so stock up! The one downside is that it is very heavy, so per cup is slightly expensive. The salesperson who sold it to me indicated that there was no tea leaves in it, so one could eat it over cereal or oatmeal as one would have granola. I haven’t yet tried it, but if someone has I would love to know how it turned out. Happy steeping!

Flavors: banana, Nutty, Sweet

Boiling 7 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 240 ML

Got this one hot in store today just to try it out.

It may be the “Tea of The Month” for November, but it’s not actually a ‘new’ tea, though. My mom didn’t believe me when I said that this was an old DT blend that they had “revived” but the three year old tasting notes for it here in Steepster confirm what I was already pretty sure I remembered. Anyone know if the general ingredients were changed at all from what they originally were?

Anyway; I actually liked this a lot more than I expected to which is kind of awful because I already have so many more herbal teas from DT than I want to and on top of that it’s a really heavy tea too. Which means it’d be expensive to stock (which is why I got it hot rather than buying a sample amount). It’s very naturally sweet though; and has a thickness to the mouthfeel which was pleasant. I liked the banana flavour and subtle nut notes and the dates were also a really nice touch! Most importantly, I didn’t really taste the raisin at all! Which is fantastic. The flavour is very accurately Banana Nut bread!

And I just love that there’s now a permanent banana tea on the tea wall. That’s a major flavour that’s just been lacking. I mean sure, there was Banana Split (and once upon a time Banana Oolong) but they’re no longer there. I’m definitely tempted to buy this again; I want to try it both cold brewed and as a latte.

I used to love this one as a latte.

I remember absolutely loving the banana split tea as a latte this summer, but it had meringue powder in it and I have an egg intolerance so my belly did not like it :( I’m looking forward to trying this as a latte, though!

It looks and smells pretty much the same as the original version. But there very well could be a couple minor changes in the ingredients.

This tea is bulky; not too many cups consumed and I have already used the ounce I purchased. Flavors are spot-on with banana bread, and it is pretty tasty. Full review coming later this morning to Worth trying, if you like banana bread.