Banana Nut Bread

Fruit Herbal Blend
Almonds, Artificial Flavouring, Currants, Freeze Dried Banana Slices
Artificial, banana, Dates, Banana, Brown Sugar, Cake, Cinnamon, Fruity, Raisins, Spices, Sweet, Walnut, Nuts, Nutty, Creamy, Candy, Cream, Sugar, Baked Bread, Butter, Pastries
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Perry Papadopoulos
Boiling 7 min, 15 sec 5 g 12 oz / 342 ml

4 Images

From DAVIDsTEA

Like all amazing recipes, this one took years to perfect – and it was totally worth the wait. This tea miraculously captures the flavour of freshly-baked banana bread. The taste of real banana slices blends perfectly with almonds and the sweetness of dates and currants. It’s fragrant, with all the warmth of a loaf hot from the oven. As deliciously comforting as mama’s special recipe, but without the calories.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

It wasn’t terrible…but it definitely wasn’t good. The artificial sweetener taste negatively outweighed any authentic flavors.

Flavors: Artificial, banana, Dates

It steeps a tan colour and the aroma is mostly banana, but there is so much more once you take a sip.This tea tastes like a banana bread muffin. The loose leaf has pieces of dried banana of candied fruits and nuts in it, so I guess that shouldn’t be surprising. You can really taste the fruity banana and lots of different spices. The tea is sweet, but I think that is a given for a blend called “Banana Nut Blend”.

Flavors: banana, Banana, Brown Sugar, Cake, Cinnamon, Fruity, Raisins, Spices, Sweet, Walnut

I love bananas but I’m usually always disappointed in banana teas. This one is no exception. I did not like it the first time I had it. I had some more left and decided to try again. I brewed it double strength and it was way better but still not a favorite. This time it was drinkable instead of just tossing it in the sink.

I know this is going to sound Banana’s, but the first time I smelled this tea it reminded me of eggnog.

Don’t ask me why, but all I could smell was eggnog. I actually sat there for a while soaking up the smell to see if it would change, and all I could still smell was eggnog.

Out of curiosity I asked my mom and bf to tell me what it smelled like, and they both said like bananas. Go figure lol.

Anyways, I was really curious to try this tea because I’ve never had a banana flavoured tea before. Looking at the pieces individually, I could see dried banana pieces, almonds, dates and currants. So far it was looking good.

While I was steeping I noticed my water wasn’t really changing colour. I decided to give it an extra few minutes, and so my actual steep time was just under 10 minutes.

When it was finally done, the smell was divine! It smelled like warm banana bread straight from the oven!

The taste was almost on par with the smell. It was very sweet, buttery, nutty, and banana-y. I have to say it was pretty good for my first banana flavoured tea. Since it’s caffeine free it makes for a nice evening tea.

I noticed after steeping it left quite a mess in my infuser. Everything was really soft and mushy. I wouldn’t recommend using small infusers for this tea because cleaning it would be a pain. My guess is this is one-time-steep-only tea, but nevertheless I still enjoyed it.

Love love this tea so yummy and smells amazing!

I enjoyed it but it was pretty weak, after one cup I decided to up the amount of tea used. It is quite good but it didn’t wow me. I will try more banana flavoured teas and then have a better idea how this stacks up to other ones.

Flavors: banana, Nuts, Sweet

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more 3 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

Literally smells good enough to eat, is that a bad thing? Steep for a while, like..10 mins. Taste is wonderful. Like every tea I drink, no sugar needed.

Flavors: banana, Nuts, Nutty, Sweet

8 min or more 1 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

Sadly this is not one of my favorite teas. I thought it would be because I love banana nut bread…but to me this tea tastes like banana candy. I will finish my 50g bag but I highly doubt I’ll ever buy it again.

Before brewing this tea smelled awesome, however after brewing it smells and tastes like nutritional yeast. Not exactly what I was to taste when I’m expecting banana nut bread. Oh well, glad it was just a sample.

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

This tea smells wonderfully of nuts and bananas. The taste follows. I find this tea tasting different every time I make it. Thanks to the reviews on here, I followed direction and used Davids tea disposable bags, to avoid a messy clean up. This tea was fairly weak, so I added double the amount recommended in the 16oz cup then steeped for 10 minutes. No need for sweetener with this one. I had purchased 100 grams of this and received 50 grams for free. It barely filled up my 100g tin, because its soo heavy. I probably wouldn’t purchase again, but im glad to have tried it, because I love banana flavoured anything!

Flavors: banana, Creamy, Nutty, Sweet