Banana Nut Bread

Fruit Herbal Blend
Dates
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA
Boiling 7 min, 0 sec 11 oz / 315 ml

• “*Great Canadian TTB* and sipdown!! (171) Sipping on this tasty latte while I stream the Veronica Mars movie (shhhh...). Thank you *Jeweled Thumb* for the chance to have another cup of this...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1921 tasting notes
  • “Classic impulse buy. I don't even like banana-flavoured stuff that much, but come on, this has dates! The dry mixture smells good, mostly like banana chips. Steeped, the tea smells like roasted...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 767 tasting notes
  • “I steeped this for 10 minutes based on other reviews here. I did test it at 5 minutes and it was fairly weak. The brew is a nice light yellow. I noticed that there is some oil on the surface...” Read full tasting note
    tigress_al 812 tasting notes
  • “So I did a Bad Thing again today, and stopped in at DavidsTea after hitting the gym... because there were ~9 or so teas I hadn't tried and was dying to! Soooo now I have six cups of tea sitting...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2246 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Like all amazing recipes, this one took years to perfect – and it was totally worth the wait. This tea miraculously captures the flavour of freshly-baked banana bread. The taste of real banana slices blends perfectly with almonds and the sweetness of dates and currants. It’s fragrant, with all the warmth of a loaf hot from the oven. As deliciously comforting as mama’s special recipe, but without the calories.

Ingredients: dates, currants, almonds, banana.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Decided to work on sipping down this oldish tea.

I don’t knowwwww how I feel about this.

On one hand it’s a pretty good herbal option to drink at night – here it is 11:30 and i’ve just finished it…

but on the other hand it’s gotta have Stevia in it, it’s leaving a super weird taste in my mouth.

I also feel that they would have had better luck creating a “banana bread” tea if they’d used some kind of bready, malty black tea as a base, rather than a bunch of random fruity things.

On top of that, i wish I could photograph my steeper for you because it’s straight up nastayyy…. it looks like someone threw up in it. Mushy chunks of who knows what.

Sorry to be gross, but it was very offputting.

So, to sum up…this isn’t terrible, but i sure wouldn’t buy it today. and I’m questioning how I’m going to polish off the rest of the bag asap. Cold brew?? hmmmmm.

Courtney

Have you tried Happy Banana from RiverTea? Truly delightful.

Courtney

I did enjoy mixing this one with guayusa though.

whatshesaid

I have not tried anything from RiverTea thus far!

just plain guayasa? never had it… what’s that do to the taste?

Courtney

Guayusa tastes like rainforest to me haha, so I like it on it’s own, but it’s strong so I usually mix it up and add other teas. Tonight I had it with creamy rhubarb herbal.

VariaTEA

I found this was more bearable with some milk. I didn’t like it at first but it grew on me. However, I definitely understand the gross steeper because I remember how mine looked when I brewed it.

whatshesaid

Courtney what does rainforest taste like? Haha

VariaTEA maybe I will try that!

Courtney

Haha kind of like wet leaves. Earthy, but not in a soil way. :P

This tea, I should actually try to buy. I got a partial package in a purchase from another Steepster-ite (I probably should try to find her name; I got a few teas from her).

I taste banana…it is very obviously banana. But, it tastes more like the banana bread than just straight banana. I taste roasted nuts, but honest to gosh…it just tastes like liquid banana bread.

I do sweeten all of my teas when I drink them. I don’t like unsweetened tea, though I could have gotten away with less sweetener.

6 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
khamilton611

When it cooled down, it tasted completely different, like burnt nuts. I threw it out. Note to self: finish it while it is hot!

I like the smell and the taste of this tea. I too don’t understand how is this mixture called tea.
There is not one ounce of tea in it.
I am starting to get a bit turned off by artificial flavouring and try to stick to the natural David’s teas.

So I finally got around to purchasing some Banana Nut Bread before they took it off the shelves for the winter collection. I am not 100% sure if tea goes bad or how long it sits there or if the stuff at the bottom of the canister is dried out. I only bought 25g to test it out cause my friends have told me how its the best one they have. However when i took it home and brewed my first cup i was kind of disappointing, i don’t taste banana at all just nuts. Which is not a bad thing because i do love Forever Nuts but i really was hoping to taste banana :(

I like this one, but I think it should be a black tea.

This really does smell and taste like banana bread! I’m not sure I love banana bread tea, but it’s pretty amazing how they captured the flavors without that weird artificial banana flavor.

absolutely fabulous!! must steep tea in the t-sac filters or else it’s major sludge! I truly hope that it will be brought back this fall, as i love love love it!!!! actually when filling up the t-sac, a little sample goes in my mouth … yummmm =)

Boiling 8 min or more

I loved this tea! So much that I shared it at work. The only thing that disappointments me is that there is no more to be had. I really hope that they bring it back. I would make a large pot and drink it through the day. Soo good.

I was a little hesitant about trying this tea, because I have a love-hate relationship with bananas… but I’m so glad that I did!

The suggested steeping time is 4-7 minutes, but I just left the tea in. I think this approach might be best. Some bits (I think it’s banana) floats to the top, but it’s all delicious anyway. This tea reminds me a little bit of the banana flavoured penicillin I had as a child, so depending on whether or not you liked that taste, you might like of hate this tea!

Boiling 8 min or more