Banana Nut Bread

Fruit Herbal Blend
Almonds, Artificial Flavouring, Currants, Freeze Dried Banana Slices
banana, Creamy, Nutty, Sweet, Nuts, Walnut, Candy, Artificial, Cream, Brown Sugar, Sugar, Baked Bread, Butter, Dates, Banana, Pastries, Raisins
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Perry Papadopoulos
Boiling 7 min, 15 sec 5 g 11 oz / 332 ml

4 Images

From DAVIDsTEA

Like all amazing recipes, this one took years to perfect – and it was totally worth the wait. This tea miraculously captures the flavour of freshly-baked banana bread. The taste of real banana slices blends perfectly with almonds and the sweetness of dates and currants. It’s fragrant, with all the warmth of a loaf hot from the oven. As deliciously comforting as mama’s special recipe, but without the calories.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This tea smells wonderfully of nuts and bananas. The taste follows. I find this tea tasting different every time I make it. Thanks to the reviews on here, I followed direction and used Davids tea disposable bags, to avoid a messy clean up. This tea was fairly weak, so I added double the amount recommended in the 16oz cup then steeped for 10 minutes. No need for sweetener with this one. I had purchased 100 grams of this and received 50 grams for free. It barely filled up my 100g tin, because its soo heavy. I probably wouldn’t purchase again, but im glad to have tried it, because I love banana flavoured anything!

Flavors: banana, Creamy, Nutty, Sweet

8 min or more 4 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

I had this tea made for me at the DavidsTEA at the mall using the free tea coupon my sister had given me.

I had had this tea before – in the advent calendar – so I was aware of its issue. You have to steep it forever. After 5 minutes it has an aroma, but the flavour is weak until you’ve steeped it for 10+. Luckily, my tea stayed hot for a nice long time and when I finally drank it it had a nice mild flavour I could enjoy.

I don’t think I would ever by this tea though. It’s quite heavily, I feel like I’d end up using a lot of tea per cup and the flavour obtained is mild.

Flavors: banana, Nuts

8 min or more

What a mess! While I had read that using a bag is a good idea with this tea, I didn’t have any and couldn’t wait to try it out so I’ll be dealing with the aftermath of using the infuser that came with my mug when I finish with my tea. I used 2 tsp of this stuff because 1 just looked so measly, and I steeped it for a long time.. not sure how long but it was a while. The taste isn’t too bad, I might leave it to steep a little longer next time, it’s got kind of a cough syrup type aftertaste. Over all it’s not bad, but I don’t think I’ll order it again if they bring it back next year.

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more 2 tsp 14 OZ / 414 ML

I love banana bread but this tastes too artificial to me. My first cup, I didn’t have the water hot enough and all the flavour was sitting at the bottom with the bag. When I re-steeped it, I made sure the water was hotter and it steeped properly. Still wasn’t all that impressed. It’s just okay really. All I can taste is walnuts. I’ll finish off what I’ve got but I won’t re-purchase.

Flavors: Walnut

Done as a latté, I do enjoy this tea. However, when infused with water the artificial flavouring is very noticeable. It also leaves a fair amount of pulp even when steeped for the correct amount of time.

Flavors: banana, Candy

+ milk
Banana flavor more muted; spices more prominent. Still not doing anything for me.
Thank goodness this is a sipdown.

As a (SURPRISE!) eggnog latte.

I steeped 10 minutes in a preheated mug with a lid, using BOILING water. I wanted AS MUCH FLAVOUR as possible.

And it worked, I think? Still not a lot of banana. Definitely nut and bread tho. And it works well with the creamy nutmeg of the eggnog.

Evol Ving Ness

Well done! It sounds delicious.

OMGsrsly

Yum! Sadly there’s a lot of textural GOO at the bottom of the mug. I noticed it last time, too.

Evol Ving Ness

Yes, this is a particularly mucky one.

OMGsrsly

I’ve moved onto booze. The only drama I have with booze is getting tipsy and declaring my love for everyone. So. Not that bad.

VariaTEA

Haha OMGsrsly, I do the same when drunk except I also text and that makes for awkwardness in the morning :P

OMGsrsly

I should totally start randomly texting people “drunk” messages. Hahaha.

VariaTEA

I once told one of my managers that we should be besties. Luckily he is young and also likes drinking so he was quite entertained by the whole thing. It could have been much worse in retrospect but when I read that I was just like oh no.

OMGsrsly

LOL. Oh dear. Well, I’d probably confine it to friends. And my brother.

VariaTEA

That’s a good idea. As for me, I should probably invest in one of those apps that stops you from texting for a period of time. I can also lock it when I am in class too and thus I shouldn’t get distracted.

Evol Ving Ness

I walked into a local DT today and found out that there are no more eggnog lattes to be had.

yummy. had this while watching the wonderyears christmas episode. Nothing like a cup of hot tea of a traditional family dessert with a classic tv episode. The sample had a large banana chunk and I tasted that at first…as it cooled the nuts made their appearance. Didnt really taste any “bread” but I am happy with just banana nut :)

I absolutely love this tea as I love anything banana flavoured. A repurchase for sure, time and time again.

Flavors: banana, Brown Sugar, Creamy, Sweet

Boiling 8 min or more

Day #11 of tea!

Another new one for me! The smell on this one was amazing – I do love a good banana nut bread (though preferably also with chocolate, lol).

My biggest beef with this, unfortunately, is that it is very, very heavy – and there wasn’t enough leaf in my 10g sample for two solid cups (vital, since I share the tea of the days with my mother, and she got to this one first). As a result, my cup was a lot weaker than I had hoped for, and I steeped this for a loooooong time. The flavour was good, but weak.

If I were to get this one again, I’d obviously have to buy more to get it to the strength I want, but I don’t know if it would be worth it for the amount of tea I would get. Pity.

Kristal

Agreed with your sentiments. It works well as a latte, but of course that’s quite pricey :/