Buttered Rum (organic)

Fair Trade, Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by VariaTEA

From DAVIDsTEA

Yo ho ho-conut

Hot buttered rum is so delicious we want it all day long. Unfortunately, most employers frown on workplace drunkenness, so we came up with this rich and creamy alternative. Toasted coconut and vanilla beans mingle with black tea in a caramelized caress of flavours. Decadent hot or iced, it also blends perfectly with dark rum, brown sugar and a dash of milk – so go ahead and indulge your inner pirate, off the clock. (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Organic: Fair Trade Certified Black tea, coconut flakes, vanilla beans, cornflower petals. With organic and natural flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Okay, so I just tried this blend from 24 days of tea. I was very impressed. It def. has me excited for the other blends to come before Christmas. It was very intriguing and I loved that it was low in caffeine as well. Sometimes I find it hard to find a flavour tea I really enjoy that’s low or caffeine free. I’m not a fan of coconut but I didn’t seem to mind it in this blend. The fusion worked out great and the aroma was incredible. I feel like it makes a great after meal beverage. Bring out the real alcohol during dinner and once people are tipsy, start passing out this blend. No one will know the difference after a few ;)

I guess you can call me a tea drunk after this taste. I’m in love!

1.25 tsp for 250 mL water @100C, steeped 4 minutes, drunk bare.

I’m not a fan of flavoured teasm but I keep trying them. My local DavidsTea has a little rack at the cash of 25 g packets, 2 for $5.00, so I picked up 25g of Buttered Rum.

I can actually taste some tea in this one. The coconut is an inspiration, lending the liquor a creamy mouthfeel. Not too sweet, not too heavy, definitely a bit different. It smells like a Buttered Rum Lifesaver but tastes way better. I can see drinking this one a fair bit, to my pleasant surprise.

See previous notes…
I haven’t had this in a while, and I don’t know why. It smells beautifully of butter and rum. Go figure.
Steeps up as a rather mellow black tea, but the buttery rum flavours definitely shine through with a hint of vanilla.
Yummeh

Now on a side note- I have 7000 words to write for my research paper by 1 pm tomorrow (23.5 hrs). Expect a lot of tea notes and a lot of tea being drank.

This might be my favorite black tea ever! I first tried it with a friend of mine, and cup after cup I just kept being like “I don’t even usually like black tea…but this is amazing!!” all enthused about it. I’ve had the worst trouble finding flavored black teas I like since I generally don’t have much of a taste for black tea as a base (or on its own, really), and this has been the first tea to give me hope that it’s not impossible to find good ones.

It really does have that buttery flavor, like a buttered rum Lifesaver only less artificial. There’s a creamy sweet scent as you raise the cup up to drink, and surprisingly it’s almost as strong in the actual taste as it is in the smell. Just all-around delicious, like a morning (or evening!) cup of candy. Yes!

Memily

I BOUGHT THIS BECAUSE OF YOU <333

Wow, I love this tea. I made sure to use the 1 1/2 tsp of leaves in 5.5 ounces of water, and topped the cup with another 2 ounces of steamed milk. Soo delicious! I’ve never had rum before, but this one instantly reminds me of the rum and butter lifesavers I would get as a kid. It’s delicately sweet, and buttery smooth, with definite rum and coconut after-taste (well, as far as I can tell). I’m glad I purchased this one! It probably falls under the “dessert tea” category for me.

I’ve been wanting to buy this since it came out but never got around to it. In the canister the coconut and vanilla are really strong scents. And since I bought this during December at the mall, I had to ask the ladies to break out a new bag of Buttered Rum. There was hardly anything left in the canister.

Onto brewing this stuff. It reminds me a lot of the Bourbon Vanilla tea from Teaopia. Except that is lacking the coconut, but otherwise smells and tastes similar. Between the two teas I really prefer this one, it is really smooth and the coconut completes it.
The liquor tastes so rich and full of character, while still remaining refreshing too. It doesn’t weigh you down, it gets you to relax and put up your feet. The aftertaste is good too, the coconut, rum flavoring, vanilla and cornflowers just linger for a bit. Then you just taste the creamy black tea fading away. (I brewed this for 6 mins and the black tea was still enjoyable, not bitter)

When it comes to flavored black tea I prefer blends like this. I don’t like it when David’s Teas loads the blends with candy. Even though I don’t specifically drink tea for its health benefits, I do like to minimize my sugar intake.

It’s delicious, and absolutely buttery.
The coconut is more for your nose than your mouth.
It’s hard to think of it as a tea.
It tastes like something you’d drink on New Years Morning after a night of not going out and getting wrecked or partying with friends. Just a nice night in with your loved ones and in bed at a reasonable hour.
And then New Years Morning, all fresh and cold and full of half-baked resolutions that you know you won’t keep, you get out of bed (a little easier than on any other day), go to the kitchen, make yourself a cup of Buttered Rum tea (with the recommended milk and brown sugar, but not the splash of rum), and sit and enjoy the quiet of the morning before anybody else wakes up. Maybe you read an old issue of Martha Stewart Living or Real Simple. Maybe you flip through a cook book.
Then you feel inspired and make chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast for everyone. And bacon.
But not Buttered Rum tea. That’s just for you.

200 °F / 93 °C
LauraR

This sounds yummy!

I have to say, I wasn’t terribly impressed by this one. It smelled so nice and it looked so pretty (what can I say, I have a weakness for cornflower petals) that I just had to try some, but… it was just pretty good. I think Davids’ Checkmate makes a better coconut tea, and Lupicia’s Caramel and Rum Rooibos makes a better Rum tea. I don’t think I’ll be buying this one again.

Tried this again as my to work tea today. With a proper steep and a pinch of sugar, this was amazing! I found myself trying to drink as much of my travel mug as I could before the tea cooled to the point where I was not going to enjoy it anywmore. The flavour was definitely smooth and the coconut lent the whole cup a buttery feel. I did think it needed some sugar to round out the bottom of the flavour profile, but once it had the sugar it was amazing! Really glad I gave this one a shot!

Thanks Shmiracles!
I’m not much of a coconut fan and that’s pretty much all I’m getting….. It’s very smooth and drinkable. There is a slight rum flavor as it cools but still that dang coconut gets me.. It’s good but it’s one of those teas that you kind of have to like coconut to enjoy.
Thanks again :]