Mother's Little Helper (organic)

Herbal Tea
Chamomile, Cornflower Petals, Hibiscus, Lemongrass, Peppermint, Rose Hips, Valerian Root
Flowers, Herbs, Hibiscus, Peppermint, Fruity, Lemongrass, Mint, Medicinal, Lemon Zest
Caffeine Free
Fair Trade, Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by madametj

• “I needed this tea tonight and was feeling super lazy, so I put it in a teabag and made it (my metal steeper still has sichuan caravan to drink tomo in it). The flavor is still pretty good, so...” Read full tasting note
    misslena1221 991 tasting notes
  • “Ok, so I'm probably just the biggest whiner ever but I cannot handle not getting enough sleep. That's the surefire best way to grump me up, and I gotta say that at 5:20 AM, with only 1 hour of...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1700 tasting notes
  • “Sooo for some reason I don't have a rating on this tea when I know I have reviewed it a few times. Welp! Here's my rating! haha I used 1 tsp instead of my usual 2 tsps. It tastes soo much better...” Read full tasting note
    DaisyChubb 505 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown!! (158) Thank you *Cavocorax* for sharing this with me. This tastes like a typical herbal tea, minty and nice but not something I ever crave. For that reason, it won't be a restock but it...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 2087 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

The great escape

Need a little relaxation? Try running for the shelter of this mother’s little helper. It’s got organic valerian (aka “nature’s Valium”) to take the edge off your 24/7 reality. Plus there’s chamomile, peppermint and lemongrass for an added dose of tranquility. And pretty blue cornflowers just to make you happy. One sip and you’ll feel like you’ve spent the day at a spa. (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Organic: peppermint, lemongrass, rosehips, Fair Trade Certified hibiscus, chamomile flowers, valerian root, cornflowers. With natural peppermint flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

my first step outside of grocery store teas. I ordered this online as I live 2 hours from anything resembling a city. I love what this tea does, although the taste is something that is taking a little getting use to. It is growing on me. The effects are perfect though. Hubby is deployed leaving me with a 2 year old and an 9 month old. I am also preparing to go back to work so if I ever needed something to calm the nerves the time is now. the moment the world starts to spin too fast this tea is soothing and calming. def helps with the mothering. perfect for going to bed as well and turning my brain off. I love the mint. the tart after taste is what I find a little much. then again I brew my black tea really strong and bitter so perhaps out of habit I steeped this too long. Will deff be ordering this again.

From the Caffeine Free sampler set.

A minty herbal grounded by chamomile. I do think valerian does make me sleep a little easier than just straight chamomile, but taste-wise this tisane isn’t that different from any other sleepytime blend involving mint and chamomile. I like those blends, so I like this, but I think I’ll stick to the proverbial Sleepytime(which now that I think about it, might have an even stronger mint-chamomile flavor). ;)

This one was recommended to me by a few people. It is nice but more minty than I expected. I will finish the bag but won’t buy again. Also, the valerian in it did nothing to make me sleepy. Prefer good old Sleepy Time (Celestial Seasonings)

Ah, very refreshing!

This certainly changed my “awakeness level”. After drinking a cup of this (and being tired as well), I could feel my body relaxing and begging me to go lay down in a bed. It felt very nice, and very relaxing.

As for the flavour of this tea, it is quite something else. Has a bit of tart to it, and the peppermint pulls out some bitterness. I’m not a big fan of peppermint, and I generally don’t eat any mint things. However, this tea was very good, and I found the flavours to complement each other quite well.

I certainly recommend this to anyone who needs a relaxing tea, with a soft, yet elegant flavour.

Enjoy!

Always have this one at home for a relaxation/need to sleep tea. It’s perfect- it tastes good and it makes me sleepy…. zzzzz

My first time trying this tea, and I have to say I am good and dopey now! I am generally not a huge fan of herbal teas, but I love this one with a little splash of milk. I think it will become a part of my nighttime routine.

Nothing about these ingredients made me think that I’d enjoy the flavor of this tea, but I was desperate to try it as natural sleep aid.

Relaxing, for sure. Tasty, surprise! Maybe once I learn more about teas I’ll be able to explain it properly.

200 °F / 93 °C 8 min or more

Nothing bad to say. This tea looks great, smells great and tastes great. But wait, the best part is I fall asleep just like that after a long day when I steep this tea. This is a must have!

A pot of this and my Ativan-on-steroids strength meds and I was down for the count last night. Not a restful sleep though, lots of nightmares.

It’s not my favourite tea, but boy does it do a good job at knocking me out!

Now to shower, change, and head back to the youth clinic to see the doctor, tell her the meds aren’t helping the way they’re supposed to, and if she has no other suggestions I’m off to the psychiatric emergency ward. Bah.

Sorry tea frens if I disappear again for a while.

Cavocorax

I hope things turn around for you…