Mother's Little Helper (organic)

Herbal Tea
Chamomile, Cornflower Petals, Hibiscus, Lemongrass, Peppermint, Rose Hips, Valerian Root
Flowers, Medicinal, Peppermint, Lemon Zest
Caffeine Free
Fair Trade, Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by madametj

• “I needed this tea tonight and was feeling super lazy, so I put it in a teabag and made it (my metal steeper still has sichuan caravan to drink tomo in it). The flavor is still pretty good, so...” Read full tasting note
    misslena1221 944 tasting notes
  • “Ok, so I'm probably just the biggest whiner ever but I cannot handle not getting enough sleep. That's the surefire best way to grump me up, and I gotta say that at 5:20 AM, with only 1 hour of...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1700 tasting notes
  • “Sooo for some reason I don't have a rating on this tea when I know I have reviewed it a few times. Welp! Here's my rating! haha I used 1 tsp instead of my usual 2 tsps. It tastes soo much better...” Read full tasting note
    DaisyChubb 504 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown!! (158) Thank you *Cavocorax* for sharing this with me. This tastes like a typical herbal tea, minty and nice but not something I ever crave. For that reason, it won't be a restock but it...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1965 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

The great escape

Need a little relaxation? Try running for the shelter of this mother’s little helper. It’s got organic valerian (aka “nature’s Valium”) to take the edge off your 24/7 reality. Plus there’s chamomile, peppermint and lemongrass for an added dose of tranquility. And pretty blue cornflowers just to make you happy. One sip and you’ll feel like you’ve spent the day at a spa. (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Organic: peppermint, lemongrass, rosehips, Fair Trade Certified hibiscus, chamomile flowers, valerian root, cornflowers. With natural peppermint flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Nothing about these ingredients made me think that I’d enjoy the flavor of this tea, but I was desperate to try it as natural sleep aid.

Relaxing, for sure. Tasty, surprise! Maybe once I learn more about teas I’ll be able to explain it properly.

200 °F / 93 °C 8 min or more

Nothing bad to say. This tea looks great, smells great and tastes great. But wait, the best part is I fall asleep just like that after a long day when I steep this tea. This is a must have!

A pot of this and my Ativan-on-steroids strength meds and I was down for the count last night. Not a restful sleep though, lots of nightmares.

It’s not my favourite tea, but boy does it do a good job at knocking me out!

Now to shower, change, and head back to the youth clinic to see the doctor, tell her the meds aren’t helping the way they’re supposed to, and if she has no other suggestions I’m off to the psychiatric emergency ward. Bah.

Sorry tea frens if I disappear again for a while.

Cavocorax

I hope things turn around for you…

This tea is minty and relaxing. It reminds me of the tea that I have had at spas when I had the time, before I had my son. Having it transports me back to a simpler, more relaxing time!

It is great for the bath, when I am winding down after a long day. It doesn’t have the knock-out, sleepifying effect that it does on the other reviewers for me, but I do find it a relaxing way to finish off the evening. I find it way better than the traditional chamomile and the minty taste is not too strong.

If you want to have a good relaxing night make sure to drink it before going to bed.

I only drink this one when I am having trouble falling asleep. 8 times out of 10 it works. I usually begin to feel drowsy within ½ an hour of drinking it and if I am still up an hour after the tea is gone, I cannot focus and feel pretty dopey. It has a great smooth flavour. I really enjoy the minty after taste. However, if I drink this tea more than two nights in a row I wake up with a headache the following morning.

I love the bitterness to this tea. It doesn’t make me sleepy, but it actually aids my digestion issues. Whenever I’m not in the mood for bitter, I mix it with The Immunizer for a deliciously herbal cure-all. The cinnamon in The Immunizer sweetens it just enough to make this tea perfect!

Boiling 8 min or more

My friend brought this over to my house one weekend, and let me try it (so kind ;).
I found it comparable to Organic Sweet Dreams by Davids Tea, but better. Not as sweet, perfect, relaxing.

Sipping this tea is like slipping into a warm bed – you feel instantly soothed and are swiftly transported to dreamland.