Mother's Little Helper (organic)

Herbal Tea
Chamomile, Cornflower Petals, Hibiscus, Lemongrass, Peppermint, Rose Hips, Valerian Root
Flowers, Lemon Zest
Caffeine Free
Fair Trade, Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by madametj

• “I needed this tea tonight and was feeling super lazy, so I put it in a teabag and made it (my metal steeper still has sichuan caravan to drink tomo in it). The flavor is still pretty good, so...” Read full tasting note
    misslena1221 888 tasting notes
  • “Ok, so I'm probably just the biggest whiner ever but I cannot handle not getting enough sleep. That's the surefire best way to grump me up, and I gotta say that at 5:20 AM, with only 1 hour of...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1635 tasting notes
  • “Sooo for some reason I don't have a rating on this tea when I know I have reviewed it a few times. Welp! Here's my rating! haha I used 1 tsp instead of my usual 2 tsps. It tastes soo much better...” Read full tasting note
    DaisyChubb 504 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown!! (158) Thank you *Cavocorax* for sharing this with me. This tastes like a typical herbal tea, minty and nice but not something I ever crave. For that reason, it won't be a restock but it...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1847 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

The great escape

Need a little relaxation? Try running for the shelter of this mother’s little helper. It’s got organic valerian (aka “nature’s Valium”) to take the edge off your 24/7 reality. Plus there’s chamomile, peppermint and lemongrass for an added dose of tranquility. And pretty blue cornflowers just to make you happy. One sip and you’ll feel like you’ve spent the day at a spa. (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Organic: peppermint, lemongrass, rosehips, Fair Trade Certified hibiscus, chamomile flowers, valerian root, cornflowers. With natural peppermint flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I’ve been drinking this a lot at bed time. It has valerian in it, which is great for putting one to sleep. Straight valerian smells very….pungent, but MLH somehow manages to avoid the smell. Maybe it’s because valerian is fairly low down on the list of ingredients? As others have said, it’s a very pretty tea – there’s lots of colours and flowers.

I have a 100g tin at home and a smaller bag at the office in case I need to destress, and I’ll definitely repurchase when I use it up. The taste isn’t anything to write home about, but it’s perfectly acceptable, and I drink it for the effects rather than the taste.

Terri HarpLady

I love Valerian! It’s on my list of favorite herbs. I don’t tend to keep the herb around, as the aroma takes over the place, but I do keep the tincture around & often add it to my evening blends.

If I was a mother, I would definitely stock up on this tea; but even now as a student, I plan to do so! I had this one iced and it was one of the most refreshing teas from David’s Tea I’ve had to date. It has a really strong smell which the mint dominates and the mint definitely comes through in the taste as well. The mint is cooling and I found that really nice when iced. I have yet to try warm but definitely look forward to doing so soon. I’ve had a really busy month and finally with the worst of it behind me, I just felt like I needed a “Me day”. This tea was on the menu today and halfway through the cup I caught myself beginning to yawn and get drowsy…I don’t know how much valerian was in this but it definitely worked for me! I love that this tea is caffeine free and will definetely reach for this next time I have trouble sleeping or just want to relax! When I finish the 20g I picked up I will absolutely pick up a tin of this!

This one is my best friend!

I really have a lot of trouble sleeping and this one helps me a LOT!

Just don’t steep it too long, you’ll get too much of the taste of the valerian, which is not nice.

CHAroma

Valerian is super smelly.

I finally gave in and bought 25 grams of this tea to try. Decided to make a cup shortly after, and WOW is this ever the perfect evening/before bed tea. The smell is amazing, but I have been missing mint in my regular tea routine for some time now so I am bias.

This tastes like a traditional herbal tea, but better. It’s minty and sweet, and really does calm you down. I didn’t add any sweetener to it and it still tasted amazing. Others are right, you cannot resteep this one, but that is true of most of David’s herbal blends.

I had 3 cups last night and have a feeling this will become part of my evening routine this winter. If you are looking for something soothing to have before bed this tea does the trick.

I’m a big fan of wellness teas, but there aren’t many delightful tasting ones.

I was told at the store that it would not be good to drink this during the day because it would put me to sleep.Being a fan of and having used Valerian root in the past I was looking forward to a improved wellness tea with some drama that works.

Feeling tired but not tired enough I finally decided to try this,though I have many other sleepy time teas that work perfectly well in my cupboard..I just needed to know there was a tastier alternative.

I also do not care for peppermint teas so this was another taste test.

After having steeped it’s a gorgeous red color.

Oh my goodness what a revelation.I actually like the mint taste and the tea is delicately sweet with a really nice warming aftertaste and the lemon flavor is perfectly light and tart.Tastes like a light refreshing and relaxed fruit tea with a kick of mint and lemon.

I do not believe in wasting tea even the bagged kind so I will finish all my sleepy time stock or gift it and just get this from DAVIDsTEA from now on for those nights when I need a lot of help to get to sleep.

I worked the midnight-8am shift all summer, sooo when the sun was coming up, I was needing to go to bed. This tea did exactly what it promises… it calms, relaxes, and makes it easy to fall asleep quickly. For me, the flavour is not the greatest, mostly because it is a little minty, but at the same time bland, but the benefits certainly outweigh this!

Maxime-Daniel Friðrikson

Hum! This may be a good thing to broke insomnia during weird times!

aimeejp

it is! …. but i found that the more i drank it to sleep, the less effective it was, so i stopped drinking it for awhile, but now i’m good with it again!

my all time favourite go to bed Tea….it seems to balance myself everytime i drink this…i always wake up stable….not in a dread or too perky…just awwwwhhhh, alright… :) . i totally recommend this to anyone to try, the peppermint is a nice touch as well. overall very nice.

I put this in my brand new travel mug (thanks to the girlfriend) this morning. Unfortunately the walk to work was too long of a time for the tea to steep so it was a little oversteeped.

It was still good, quite relaxing, I don’t know if it is the hot tea warming me up or it is the actual tea but I find it very relaxing.

If you do not like floral teas then this is not a tea for you, if you do then it is a must try! One of my favorites.

Not a bad tea, but all I really taste is the mint. There’s subtle valerian and camomile, which is actually nice, because valerian especially can be quite overwhelming. I like the flavour and the aroma of this tea, but I don’t find that it relaxes me at all. I’ve tried numerous “sleepy teas” and this is probably one of the least effective. I’ll finish my tin but I wouldn’t buy it again. I always brew this one for 10-15 minutes because you need more time with some of these herbs. Really, I don’t mind the flavour, but it’s not like minty teas are hard to come by.

Boiling 8 min or more 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML
Gabriela

I love it at night. Maybe not the best tasting but definitely relaxing. It does helps me sleep at night. It has found a permanent place in my collection.

danideskjob

That’s awesome Gabriela. And with the relaxation/sleep teas, I think it just depends on the person. It’s great that it works for you, it just didn’t do much for me. Of the dozen or so relaxation teas I’ve tried, this is defniitely one of the tastiest. Just not the most effective.

I was coming on here to say I didn’t like this, but with a little more milk, its okay.
Then I see it has valerian in it, and its only 811P. Oh, oh.
Then I get excited because why not help out the sleep fairy.
Ack, but then I don’t get to read if this works too well. And I’m already feeling sick and incidentally a little slumbersome.
Its slightly reminiscent of Sleepytime to me, although it is more yummy.
I would consider buying it for sleep reasons though, cause hey… thats a good reason.
Although for taste, its slightly medicinal.

Boiling 8 min or more