Mother's Little Helper (organic)

Herbal Tea
Chamomile, Cornflower Petals, Hibiscus, Lemongrass, Peppermint, Rose Hips, Valerian Root
Herbaceous, Hibiscus, Lemongrass, Peppermint, Sweet, Flowers, Mint, Floral, Herbs, Fruity, Medicinal, Lemon Zest
Caffeine Free
Fair Trade, Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by madametj

From DAVIDsTEA

The great escape

Need a little relaxation? Try running for the shelter of this mother’s little helper. It’s got organic valerian (aka “nature’s Valium”) to take the edge off your 24/7 reality. Plus there’s chamomile, peppermint and lemongrass for an added dose of tranquility. And pretty blue cornflowers just to make you happy. One sip and you’ll feel like you’ve spent the day at a spa. (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Organic: peppermint, lemongrass, rosehips, Fair Trade Certified hibiscus, chamomile flowers, valerian root, cornflowers. With natural peppermint flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I normally leave my tea bags in the cup, especially for herbals since I find them quite weak. Well I tried that with this one since it didn’t have much colour and it was horrible. I took the tea leaves out and although I find the peppermint to be overly strong I am enjoying this tea a lot. I am actually sitting here yawning and that is unheard of for me. I think this may become my nighttime tea from now on since I have so many problems sleeping.
Well off to bed. LOL.

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more

this tea is my life saver. I work various hours starting from 5 am shift to 12hours shifts. i can’t sleep. My days off-i’d try to chance up on my sleep. I couldn’t. I walked around like a zombie. Till i found this tea- it literally knocked me out. : )

My real mother is jealous of this tea, wishing she could lull me to sleep by herself. Seriously. She said that.

I’ve been experimenting with finding different teas to help me get to sleep lately – this one is definitely one of the best I’ve found. I chose it as an alternative to the Vata Ayurvedic tea (which I also love) because I’m not a fan of licorice root and there is none in this one. I really love the soothing mix of peppermint and chamomile in this tea – they work together nicely without being too overwhelming. Those are really the only of the herbal ingredients I can make out, but there is a really nice sweet aftertaste. Plus, the dry leaves and flowers look really pretty (always a bonus).

This tea really helps me to unwind and relax before bedtime. It makes me feel warm, fuzzy, and drowsy and helps to regulate and calm my system. Drinking it before hitting the hay has definitely become my nighttime routine.

I also have to say that one of the DT salesgirls recommended that I try mixing the Mother’s Little Helper AND the Vata Ayurvedic teas (half and half) to make the ultimate bedtime combination, saying that she swears by it; the Vata to stop your stressing/anxiety in its tracks and the Mother’s L.H. to send you over the edge in drowsiness. I tried this and it was even better than both of them separately (and it kept my cup from being too overrun by the licorice in the Vata tea)! A must try for those looking for some nighttime help :)

Goodnight ;)

The blend of chamomile & peppermint is perfect. Honestly, this tea could help anyone unwind after a rough day, and do so with flavour. I’m not a big fan of straight chamomile so having the other ingredients there definitely makes it easy to enjoy.

Drank it straight, without sugar, lemon or milk.

When I was smelling this out of the tin, the initial scent was very peppermint based. However, as the tea was steeping the chamomile and lemongrass became much more obvious, along with a slight sweetness.

I really like this as a bed time tea, on nights where I am needing to unwind a bit.

It’s herbal, but sweet due to the rosehips and then there is a nice peppermint aftertaste. The hibiscus is present, but not overwhelming. Valerian root adds to the relaxing nature of this tea, as well as the chamomile. This tea is probably going to be a strictly night time tea, but there’s nothing wrong with that!

This will be a repurchase, for sure.

Flavors: Herbaceous, Hibiscus, Lemongrass, Peppermint, Sweet

This is kind of an odd tea to me…can’t really decide if I like it. I chose it to drink tonight because my mind and body needed to relax after a long shift at work, and I’m not sure yet if it’s going to work for its intended purpose. If it does…awesome. I don’t dislike the flavor at all, but if I’m going to drink something minty, I’d probably prefer just plain peppermint tea.

The mint in this is very strong, as well as the lemongrass. Luckily the flavors mingle quite well, because the scent of the dry leaves is really overpowering.

Flavors: Lemongrass, Peppermint

Boiling 5 min, 30 sec 2 tsp 14 OZ / 414 ML

This one mainly just tastes like peppermint and flowers…
Really don’t have too much to say about it…Wasn’t my favorite, but I didn’t love it either. It was alright. I wouldn’t drink it again probably xD
I don’t understand why everyone in the DavidsTea fan group on FB always raved about it…actually, I don’t know why they raved about most of those teas. xD But yeah, no…this one is really nothing special, least to me!
Thanks for letting me try it though, Megan Low! :D :D

Flavors: Flowers, Mint, Peppermint

sren

I don’t drink it for the taste but for utilitarian purposes— helps put me to sleep.

I tried this at my Mother in Law’s house. This is one of those teas I’ve wanted to try for quite some time but never got around to doing so. The cup that I had was actually the second steeping of the leaves but I think I got a good enough idea of the tea to review it.

Why oh why did they put hibiscus in this tea? This tea would have been an easy 85+ rating if they didn’t. The hibiscus isn’t too bold but it’s still the main flavour, followed by peppermint and chamomile. I finished my cup, but I don’t like hibiscus and I’m glad I didn’t purchase this tea.

This tea was a huge disappointment.

Flavors: Hibiscus, Mint

meakbot

I couldn’t agree more – I dislike this tea and wanted to like it so very badly. I’m trying to unload my stash on someone :/

Kristal

Have you tried doing a tea swap? That’s how I got rid of some of my tea recently.

I’m thankful I didn’t purchase this tea and instead just tried some at my Mother In Law’s house. Saved me some money!

meakbot

I’m working on a few right now – this site is excellent for organizing them (no wants my darn MLH though haha)

Kristal

I agree, I love the cupboard option and seeing which tea is the oldest.

If you can’t get rid MLH, maybe try mixing it with a tea you do like? or fish out a bunch of the hibiscus pieces and toss them? That’s what I would do anyways :)

M

I totally agree about this one. I don’t know why it’s one of their most popular teas. I think the combination is hibiscus and mint is awful.

Kristal

Agreed. So many of their fruit teas/ herbal teas have hibiscus and I just go WHYYY.

Everytime there’s a seasonal tea collection I mentally cross off all the black teas (can’t have them due to a sensitive stomach :( ) and any tea with hibiscus. That usually eliminates half of every season collection if not more. This goes for new “tea of the month” teas as well. To be honest I’ve tried very few of their new teas because none of have really suited my palate :(.

MLH + Melatonin + SVU = My favorite way to spend an evening. Seriously. This is MEDICINE – the flavor is besides the point. It’s a typical herbal taste mix but full of tranq-y goodness and enjoyable enough to sip while watching Liv & El take down those pedos, pervs and other sexually based offencers. Is it time for bed yet? Recommended AND Required (for life).

7 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 8 OZ / 250 ML

Backlog.

I drank this about a week and a half ago bc I was sick and dying and I couldn’t move out of bed and I wanted a tea just to make myself feel better and this one smelled healthy and I tasted it and it was quite possibly the most foul tea I’ve ever tasted I hate it so much I drank two sips and threw it down the drain it was gross.