Mother's Little Helper (organic)

Herbal Tea
Chamomile, Cornflower Petals, Hibiscus, Lemongrass, Peppermint, Rose Hips, Valerian Root
Flowers, Herbs, Hibiscus, Peppermint, Fruity, Lemongrass, Mint, Medicinal, Lemon Zest
Caffeine Free
Fair Trade, Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by madametj

• “I needed this tea tonight and was feeling super lazy, so I put it in a teabag and made it (my metal steeper still has sichuan caravan to drink tomo in it). The flavor is still pretty good, so...” Read full tasting note
    misslena1221 989 tasting notes
  • “Ok, so I'm probably just the biggest whiner ever but I cannot handle not getting enough sleep. That's the surefire best way to grump me up, and I gotta say that at 5:20 AM, with only 1 hour of...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1700 tasting notes
  • “Sooo for some reason I don't have a rating on this tea when I know I have reviewed it a few times. Welp! Here's my rating! haha I used 1 tsp instead of my usual 2 tsps. It tastes soo much better...” Read full tasting note
    DaisyChubb 505 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown!! (158) Thank you *Cavocorax* for sharing this with me. This tastes like a typical herbal tea, minty and nice but not something I ever crave. For that reason, it won't be a restock but it...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 2068 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

The great escape

Need a little relaxation? Try running for the shelter of this mother’s little helper. It’s got organic valerian (aka “nature’s Valium”) to take the edge off your 24/7 reality. Plus there’s chamomile, peppermint and lemongrass for an added dose of tranquility. And pretty blue cornflowers just to make you happy. One sip and you’ll feel like you’ve spent the day at a spa. (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Organic: peppermint, lemongrass, rosehips, Fair Trade Certified hibiscus, chamomile flowers, valerian root, cornflowers. With natural peppermint flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I normally leave my tea bags in the cup, especially for herbals since I find them quite weak. Well I tried that with this one since it didn’t have much colour and it was horrible. I took the tea leaves out and although I find the peppermint to be overly strong I am enjoying this tea a lot. I am actually sitting here yawning and that is unheard of for me. I think this may become my nighttime tea from now on since I have so many problems sleeping.
Well off to bed. LOL.

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more

this tea is my life saver. I work various hours starting from 5 am shift to 12hours shifts. i can’t sleep. My days off-i’d try to chance up on my sleep. I couldn’t. I walked around like a zombie. Till i found this tea- it literally knocked me out. : )

My real mother is jealous of this tea, wishing she could lull me to sleep by herself. Seriously. She said that.

I’ve been experimenting with finding different teas to help me get to sleep lately – this one is definitely one of the best I’ve found. I chose it as an alternative to the Vata Ayurvedic tea (which I also love) because I’m not a fan of licorice root and there is none in this one. I really love the soothing mix of peppermint and chamomile in this tea – they work together nicely without being too overwhelming. Those are really the only of the herbal ingredients I can make out, but there is a really nice sweet aftertaste. Plus, the dry leaves and flowers look really pretty (always a bonus).

This tea really helps me to unwind and relax before bedtime. It makes me feel warm, fuzzy, and drowsy and helps to regulate and calm my system. Drinking it before hitting the hay has definitely become my nighttime routine.

I also have to say that one of the DT salesgirls recommended that I try mixing the Mother’s Little Helper AND the Vata Ayurvedic teas (half and half) to make the ultimate bedtime combination, saying that she swears by it; the Vata to stop your stressing/anxiety in its tracks and the Mother’s L.H. to send you over the edge in drowsiness. I tried this and it was even better than both of them separately (and it kept my cup from being too overrun by the licorice in the Vata tea)! A must try for those looking for some nighttime help :)

Goodnight ;)

The blend of chamomile & peppermint is perfect. Honestly, this tea could help anyone unwind after a rough day, and do so with flavour. I’m not a big fan of straight chamomile so having the other ingredients there definitely makes it easy to enjoy.

Drank it straight, without sugar, lemon or milk.

This was good, but not very original. Most herbal teas I’ve had use mint to kind of cover up what I assume are more medicinal, less appealing flavors. I do like mint, but I wasn’t wow-ed by the flavor. As for the relaxing benefits, I was already pretty relaxed as it was right before bed. I didn’t have trouble falling asleep…but I don’t have trouble with that too often so I am probably a poor test subject. Glad to have tried a sample though.

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Day 11 of the 24 Days Of Tea calendar!

I had very, very low expectations for this tea. I hate chamomile. With a passion. HATE. IT. But…deal with myself…try everything except coco chai rooibos, which makes me gag it’s so gross.

Made a cup. Drank the full cup. THE FULL CUP. I did it, guys. It’s very minty, almost disturbingly so. Definite hint of lemongrass, but not nearly as strong a flavour as what you would expect given the appearance of the tea (95% lemongrass, maybe?). Not very rosehippy, even though I could see big chunks of rosehip in the half-tin I steeped. Very strange indeed. And not entirely unpleasant…but still had that not-so-tasty aftertaste of chamomile. So I drank the cup quickly to avoid the after-taste, and then finished it off with a small glass of raspberry lemonade. lol.

Verdict: not nearly as gross as I thought it would be, it is very nearly “good” if it wasn’t for the chamomile. Still a yuck after-taste. Would not buy.

Day 11 of the advent calendar. I didn’t love this one. The peppermint is nice. I enjoy peppermint flavour in tea. The hibiscus ruined it for me though. I’m not a fan of hibiscus to begin with but I can tolerate it if I find that it mixes well with the other flavours. I found it was too pronounced here. I’m also not a fan of chamomile. Luckily, the chamomile in this tea is mild so it didn’t bother me. I re-steeped this tea and the hibiscus was lighter and less offensive the second time around. This isn’t a tea I’d ever buy for myself. Just wasn’t that crazy about it.

Flavors: Flowers, Herbs, Hibiscus, Peppermint

Im only drinking this because I’ve been having tremendous difficulty falling asleep at night lately and I’m hoping this will help. Im not a fan of this tea simply because I despise chamomile but I drink it anyway because I know I need it. I’m not reviewing this for the taste as much as I’m reviewing for the potency and ability to help me fall asleep and thus far I’m feeling me eyes get heavy. Good job DT, not only do you make some tasty teas, you make some helpful ones too! BTW this is brewed in a teapot so the tsp and oz are quite large

Boiling 8 min or more 3 tsp 24 OZ / 709 ML

Dry, this tea smells very fresh and minty.

After steeping it for 5 min in water that I let sit for about 2 min after it finished boiling and adding a spoonful of honey this tea is delicious as always. I made it in a clear mug tonight and it has a wonderful pink color, reminds me of watermelon juice for some reason.

After letting it cool for a while, I can finally have another taste of this wonderful tea. It’s light and fresh, with a fairly strong minty flavor, a slight grassy-ness to it, and an almost strawberry like taste. Perfect. Relaxing, soothing, and comforting all at once, my favorite bedtime tea.

Flavors: Fruity, Lemongrass, Mint

5 min, 0 sec 3 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

This was perhaps my least favorite mint tea ever. It smelled like poop!