Mother's Little Helper (organic)

Herbal Tea
Chamomile, Cornflower Petals, Hibiscus, Lemongrass, Peppermint, Rose Hips, Valerian Root
Flowers, Medicinal, Peppermint, Lemon Zest
Caffeine Free
Fair Trade, Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by madametj

• “I needed this tea tonight and was feeling super lazy, so I put it in a teabag and made it (my metal steeper still has sichuan caravan to drink tomo in it). The flavor is still pretty good, so...” Read full tasting note
    misslena1221 928 tasting notes
  • “Ok, so I'm probably just the biggest whiner ever but I cannot handle not getting enough sleep. That's the surefire best way to grump me up, and I gotta say that at 5:20 AM, with only 1 hour of...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1700 tasting notes
  • “Sooo for some reason I don't have a rating on this tea when I know I have reviewed it a few times. Welp! Here's my rating! haha I used 1 tsp instead of my usual 2 tsps. It tastes soo much better...” Read full tasting note
    DaisyChubb 504 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown!! (158) Thank you *Cavocorax* for sharing this with me. This tastes like a typical herbal tea, minty and nice but not something I ever crave. For that reason, it won't be a restock but it...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1938 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

The great escape

Need a little relaxation? Try running for the shelter of this mother’s little helper. It’s got organic valerian (aka “nature’s Valium”) to take the edge off your 24/7 reality. Plus there’s chamomile, peppermint and lemongrass for an added dose of tranquility. And pretty blue cornflowers just to make you happy. One sip and you’ll feel like you’ve spent the day at a spa. (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Organic: peppermint, lemongrass, rosehips, Fair Trade Certified hibiscus, chamomile flowers, valerian root, cornflowers. With natural peppermint flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I normally leave my tea bags in the cup, especially for herbals since I find them quite weak. Well I tried that with this one since it didn’t have much colour and it was horrible. I took the tea leaves out and although I find the peppermint to be overly strong I am enjoying this tea a lot. I am actually sitting here yawning and that is unheard of for me. I think this may become my nighttime tea from now on since I have so many problems sleeping.
Well off to bed. LOL.

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more

this tea is my life saver. I work various hours starting from 5 am shift to 12hours shifts. i can’t sleep. My days off-i’d try to chance up on my sleep. I couldn’t. I walked around like a zombie. Till i found this tea- it literally knocked me out. : )

My real mother is jealous of this tea, wishing she could lull me to sleep by herself. Seriously. She said that.

I’ve been experimenting with finding different teas to help me get to sleep lately – this one is definitely one of the best I’ve found. I chose it as an alternative to the Vata Ayurvedic tea (which I also love) because I’m not a fan of licorice root and there is none in this one. I really love the soothing mix of peppermint and chamomile in this tea – they work together nicely without being too overwhelming. Those are really the only of the herbal ingredients I can make out, but there is a really nice sweet aftertaste. Plus, the dry leaves and flowers look really pretty (always a bonus).

This tea really helps me to unwind and relax before bedtime. It makes me feel warm, fuzzy, and drowsy and helps to regulate and calm my system. Drinking it before hitting the hay has definitely become my nighttime routine.

I also have to say that one of the DT salesgirls recommended that I try mixing the Mother’s Little Helper AND the Vata Ayurvedic teas (half and half) to make the ultimate bedtime combination, saying that she swears by it; the Vata to stop your stressing/anxiety in its tracks and the Mother’s L.H. to send you over the edge in drowsiness. I tried this and it was even better than both of them separately (and it kept my cup from being too overrun by the licorice in the Vata tea)! A must try for those looking for some nighttime help :)

Goodnight ;)

The blend of chamomile & peppermint is perfect. Honestly, this tea could help anyone unwind after a rough day, and do so with flavour. I’m not a big fan of straight chamomile so having the other ingredients there definitely makes it easy to enjoy.

Drank it straight, without sugar, lemon or milk.

Maman died today.

More to come…

Flavors: Flowers, Medicinal, Peppermint

I don’t like the taste…. but man did this make me sleepy! Didn’t think it would work.

I recommend if you have trouble sleeping.

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I’m not sure with what this tea is supposed to help mothers. Maybe they could use it as a punishment? “If you hit your sister one more time, so help me God I will get out the Mother’s Little Helper. Don’t make me do it!” That’s what I envision.

This tea. Just no. It tastes like what I imagine laundry detergent would taste like. You are avenged for the lavender chamomile, Virginia. I won’t rate this because I obviously have a problem with some flavor in here. I’m sure if you like all the ingredients, it would be…. ingestible?

carol who

I love the idea of tea as punishment!

TeaBrat

Between the chamomile and the valerian I think it’s supposed to sedate you. ;-)

I was initially skeptical going into this tea for it’s medicinal values. I’ve had it several times, and while the flavour is good I never noticed much of the proclaimed relaxation effect that it boasts. Valerian root doesn’t work on me all that well. I never get tired from it. If anything , it has an adverse effect and keeps me up. I have a pretty sever anxiety disorder, and almost nothing but medication fixes it when I’m in crisis mode.

I was out of my usual vice a few weeks ago and not only was I an anxious mess, but had a raging head ache. I was desperate, and after realizing that my chamomile was stale, I decided to give this a whirl. To my complete surprise, a 16 oz cup later and I was feeling a lot better. I had stopped clenching my jaw and jittering, and I will admit I was kind of at peace with everything while I was engaged with this cup of tea.

As for flavour, it’s actually pretty extraordinary for an herbal tea. I’m not a big herbal fan, but this blend of chamomile and rosehips and peppermint really balances itself out well. There’s not too much of anything happening at once. Aside from the mint flavour that permeates throughout, there is a lovely hint of citrus that adds a touch of something exciting with each sip. They do a fantastic job of covering the the Valerian root stench. It’s a very accurate nose to cup, and I enjoyed every sip of it. I do believe this has become one of my at home staples.

Flavors: Flowers, Lemon Zest

As a mother of two children with a husband who snores very loudly, sleep doesn’t always come to greet me at night..HOWEVER since I’ve started drinking MLH before bed at night, I have found my dreamland bliss. I couldn’t ask for anything better. It’s been a week straight that I sleep 7 hours without being woken up by my husband’s snoring. When I open up my tin can and the aroma hits my nose, I am instantly sent into a state of relaxation. I reccomend this tea 1000fold.

I got this tea from DAVIDsTEA, because I want to try herbal blend, tisane, and being organic. Certainly the cute name helps. and I love lemongrass.

But when I taste it, it disappointed me. It tastes very shallow, plain, without much sophistication of texture or aroma. I drank it in the afternoon. it didn’t make me sleepy, luckily, lol.

Does anyone recommend any really good herbal blend?

carol who

You are lucky you live in SF. They have a lot of tea shops. Most tea shops give sample tastes and that might be a good way to explore herbal blends. There are soooooo many I couldn’t even guess to tell you where to start. I found out early on that I don’t like hibiscus so now I know to avoid that. You’ll probably have to try a bunch to see what you like. Have fun!

@ligongsf

hi Carol, yeah, I keep discovering tea shops in SF…today just found a new one through twitter, called Songtea.com, looks very expensive, though. where do you live? not even Teavana or DAVIDstea?