Mother's Little Helper (organic)

Herbal Tea
Chamomile, Cornflower Petals, Hibiscus, Lemongrass, Peppermint, Rose Hips, Valerian Root
Lemon Zest, Peppermint, Hibiscus, Lemongrass, Floral, Mint, Flowers, Lemon, Tangy, Herbaceous, Sweet, Herbs, Fruity, Medicinal
Caffeine Free
Fair Trade, Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by madametj

From DAVIDsTEA

The great escape

Need a little relaxation? Try running for the shelter of this mother’s little helper. It’s got organic valerian (aka “nature’s Valium”) to take the edge off your 24/7 reality. Plus there’s chamomile, peppermint and lemongrass for an added dose of tranquility. And pretty blue cornflowers just to make you happy. One sip and you’ll feel like you’ve spent the day at a spa. (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Organic: peppermint, lemongrass, rosehips, Fair Trade Certified hibiscus, chamomile flowers, valerian root, cornflowers. With natural peppermint flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I normally leave my tea bags in the cup, especially for herbals since I find them quite weak. Well I tried that with this one since it didn’t have much colour and it was horrible. I took the tea leaves out and although I find the peppermint to be overly strong I am enjoying this tea a lot. I am actually sitting here yawning and that is unheard of for me. I think this may become my nighttime tea from now on since I have so many problems sleeping.
Well off to bed. LOL.

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more

this tea is my life saver. I work various hours starting from 5 am shift to 12hours shifts. i can’t sleep. My days off-i’d try to chance up on my sleep. I couldn’t. I walked around like a zombie. Till i found this tea- it literally knocked me out. : )

My real mother is jealous of this tea, wishing she could lull me to sleep by herself. Seriously. She said that.

I’ve been experimenting with finding different teas to help me get to sleep lately – this one is definitely one of the best I’ve found. I chose it as an alternative to the Vata Ayurvedic tea (which I also love) because I’m not a fan of licorice root and there is none in this one. I really love the soothing mix of peppermint and chamomile in this tea – they work together nicely without being too overwhelming. Those are really the only of the herbal ingredients I can make out, but there is a really nice sweet aftertaste. Plus, the dry leaves and flowers look really pretty (always a bonus).

This tea really helps me to unwind and relax before bedtime. It makes me feel warm, fuzzy, and drowsy and helps to regulate and calm my system. Drinking it before hitting the hay has definitely become my nighttime routine.

I also have to say that one of the DT salesgirls recommended that I try mixing the Mother’s Little Helper AND the Vata Ayurvedic teas (half and half) to make the ultimate bedtime combination, saying that she swears by it; the Vata to stop your stressing/anxiety in its tracks and the Mother’s L.H. to send you over the edge in drowsiness. I tried this and it was even better than both of them separately (and it kept my cup from being too overrun by the licorice in the Vata tea)! A must try for those looking for some nighttime help :)

Goodnight ;)

The blend of chamomile & peppermint is perfect. Honestly, this tea could help anyone unwind after a rough day, and do so with flavour. I’m not a big fan of straight chamomile so having the other ingredients there definitely makes it easy to enjoy.

Drank it straight, without sugar, lemon or milk.

Fighting to get on some sort of reasonable sleeping schedule again. So easy to fall off the wagon.

This tastes like peppermint and lemony camomile with the slightest hint of valerian bitterness. I’d like a bit more hibiscus or rose hip tartness. Like a classic sleepytime tea with a sledgehammer hiding in the back room.

High marks for getting the job done.

Flavors: Lemon Zest, Peppermint

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

While there’s nothing unpleasant here, I have a feeling that people are drinking this tea more for its soothing effects than the flavor. I’m getting a light mix of lemongrass, mint, and hibiscus — tastes fine, but unremarkable. It IS relaxing though, so points for that.

Oooo, it smells so pepperminty, and the hibiscus makes it a bright red color—not like a candy apple dyed red, but a natural burgundy. So pretty in my glass teapot. :) I love the whole chamomile flowers in there. It looks like a tea my sister would mix together (she’s recently gotten into mixing her own medicinal teas).

It’s a little too sour to skip the sweetener… dumps in a an entire packet of stevia

It has a sour medicinal smell, possibly from the valerian root and rose hips. Not complaining.

Not too fruity for me not to enjoy hot—I think that’s the peppermint and lemongrass toning down the hibiscus and rose hips. Pretty darn good.

Flavors: Hibiscus, Lemongrass, Peppermint

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

daily resolution 7/14
Reviewing in retrospect. TBH, I don’t remember much about it. Given that I usually dislike herbal teas, that means this one must have been fine.
Will finish off the sampler and update this note later.

Flavors: Floral, Lemongrass, Mint

What a great evening tea. The dominant flavour is peppermint, but the lemongrass and chamomile are very noticeable too. It had a relaxing smell and a soothing flavour. The downside? My cats think this stuff is liquid catnip, I can’t take my eyes off it for a second or they will be rubbing all over my cup and dipping their paws/faces in the tea. Also, over steeping brings out too much hibiscus.

Flavors: Floral, Hibiscus, Lemongrass, Peppermint

Boiling 7 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

Reminds me a lot of tension tamer from Celestial Seasonings with more peppermint and more tang. I really like it and it knocks me out right fast.

Flavors: Flowers, Lemon, Peppermint, Tangy