Mother's Little Helper (organic)

Herbal Tea
Chamomile, Cornflower Petals, Hibiscus, Lemongrass, Peppermint, Rose Hips, Valerian Root
Mint, Floral, Flowers, Herbs, Hibiscus, Peppermint, Fruity, Lemongrass, Medicinal, Lemon Zest
Caffeine Free
Fair Trade, Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by madametj

• “I needed this tea tonight and was feeling super lazy, so I put it in a teabag and made it (my metal steeper still has sichuan caravan to drink tomo in it). The flavor is still pretty good, so...” Read full tasting note
    misslena1221 1015 tasting notes
  • “Ok, so I’m probably just the biggest whiner ever but I cannot handle not getting enough sleep. That’s the surefire best way to grump me up, and I gotta say that at 5:20 AM, with only 1...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1741 tasting notes
  • “Sooo for some reason I don't have a rating on this tea when I know I have reviewed it a few times. Welp! Here's my rating! haha I used 1 tsp instead of my usual 2 tsps. It tastes soo much better...” Read full tasting note
    DaisyChubb 512 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown!! (158) Thank you *Cavocorax* for sharing this with me. This tastes like a typical herbal tea, minty and nice but not something I ever crave. For that reason, it won't be a restock but it...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 2194 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

The great escape

Need a little relaxation? Try running for the shelter of this mother’s little helper. It’s got organic valerian (aka “nature’s Valium”) to take the edge off your 24/7 reality. Plus there’s chamomile, peppermint and lemongrass for an added dose of tranquility. And pretty blue cornflowers just to make you happy. One sip and you’ll feel like you’ve spent the day at a spa. (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Organic: peppermint, lemongrass, rosehips, Fair Trade Certified hibiscus, chamomile flowers, valerian root, cornflowers. With natural peppermint flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I normally leave my tea bags in the cup, especially for herbals since I find them quite weak. Well I tried that with this one since it didn’t have much colour and it was horrible. I took the tea leaves out and although I find the peppermint to be overly strong I am enjoying this tea a lot. I am actually sitting here yawning and that is unheard of for me. I think this may become my nighttime tea from now on since I have so many problems sleeping.
Well off to bed. LOL.

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more

this tea is my life saver. I work various hours starting from 5 am shift to 12hours shifts. i can’t sleep. My days off-i’d try to chance up on my sleep. I couldn’t. I walked around like a zombie. Till i found this tea- it literally knocked me out. : )

My real mother is jealous of this tea, wishing she could lull me to sleep by herself. Seriously. She said that.

I’ve been experimenting with finding different teas to help me get to sleep lately – this one is definitely one of the best I’ve found. I chose it as an alternative to the Vata Ayurvedic tea (which I also love) because I’m not a fan of licorice root and there is none in this one. I really love the soothing mix of peppermint and chamomile in this tea – they work together nicely without being too overwhelming. Those are really the only of the herbal ingredients I can make out, but there is a really nice sweet aftertaste. Plus, the dry leaves and flowers look really pretty (always a bonus).

This tea really helps me to unwind and relax before bedtime. It makes me feel warm, fuzzy, and drowsy and helps to regulate and calm my system. Drinking it before hitting the hay has definitely become my nighttime routine.

I also have to say that one of the DT salesgirls recommended that I try mixing the Mother’s Little Helper AND the Vata Ayurvedic teas (half and half) to make the ultimate bedtime combination, saying that she swears by it; the Vata to stop your stressing/anxiety in its tracks and the Mother’s L.H. to send you over the edge in drowsiness. I tried this and it was even better than both of them separately (and it kept my cup from being too overrun by the licorice in the Vata tea)! A must try for those looking for some nighttime help :)

Goodnight ;)

The blend of chamomile & peppermint is perfect. Honestly, this tea could help anyone unwind after a rough day, and do so with flavour. I’m not a big fan of straight chamomile so having the other ingredients there definitely makes it easy to enjoy.

Drank it straight, without sugar, lemon or milk.

Backlog.

I drank this about a week and a half ago bc I was sick and dying and I couldn’t move out of bed and I wanted a tea just to make myself feel better and this one smelled healthy and I tasted it and it was quite possibly the most foul tea I’ve ever tasted I hate it so much I drank two sips and threw it down the drain it was gross.

I really like this blend – taste, smell, the lovely pink colour (in some steeps)… I still dislike that herbal teas don’t resteep well :(.After one cup I feel the tension in my body melt away a little bit. Even if it’s not the valerian root and is just a placebo, it works and that is awesome. Waaay more expensive than my Herbaria lemon balm bags but it will be nice to have once in a while to mix it up.

Mother’s Little Helper does wonderful things for me:
It tastes and smells great; minty, herby, slightly sweet.
Gives me a happy warm full belly.
Makes me feel much better when I am sick.
Makes me feel super relaxed when I am stressed.
Makes me feel sleepy when I am wired.
And gets the Rolling Stones song by the same name stuck in my head.
I drink it infrequently and mix it half and half with DAVIDs organic Chamomile. Enjoying this tea full strength and frequently will be one big plus for when baby weans, whenever that may be.

Bought this after having slept like 4 hours each night for a week due to stress, and my prescription stopped helping. Took it about an hour before I slept, and it knocked me straight out. Slept very soundly. This tea is great. It smells mostly like lemon grass and vaguely “good”.

1 tsp

Having a second cup (drank the first before I thought about logging) to just calm and chill down at work. Tea, soothing away the stress.

I got a small tin of this tea as part of a DT gift box with a neat customizable travel mug. It’s a pretty standard minty-flavoured herbal tea – I’ve drank many like it. It’s pleasant though with the mint and lemongrass covering the flavour of the valerian. It definitely has sedative properties so I’d advise drinking this one before going to bed.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML