Mother's Little Helper (organic)

Herbal Tea
Chamomile, Cornflower Petals, Hibiscus, Lemongrass, Peppermint, Rose Hips, Valerian Root
Decaffeinated
Fair Trade, Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by VariaTEA

• “I needed this tea tonight and was feeling super lazy, so I put it in a teabag and made it (my metal steeper still has sichuan caravan to drink tomo in it). The flavor is still pretty good, so...” Read full tasting note
    misslena1221 821 tasting notes
  • “Ok, so I'm probably just the biggest whiner ever but I cannot handle not getting enough sleep. That's the surefire best way to grump me up, and I gotta say that at 5:20 AM, with only 1 hour of...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1393 tasting notes
  • “Sooo for some reason I don't have a rating on this tea when I know I have reviewed it a few times. Welp! Here's my rating! haha I used 1 tsp instead of my usual 2 tsps. It tastes soo much better...” Read full tasting note
    DaisyChubb 504 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown!! (158) Thank you *Cavocorax* for sharing this with me. This tastes like a typical herbal tea, minty and nice but not something I ever crave. For that reason, it won't be a restock but it...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1344 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

The great escape

Need a little relaxation? Try running for the shelter of this mother’s little helper. It’s got organic valerian (aka “nature’s Valium”) to take the edge off your 24/7 reality. Plus there’s chamomile, peppermint and lemongrass for an added dose of tranquility. And pretty blue cornflowers just to make you happy. One sip and you’ll feel like you’ve spent the day at a spa. (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Organic: peppermint, lemongrass, rosehips, Fair Trade Certified hibiscus, chamomile flowers, valerian root, cornflowers. With natural peppermint flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Went to Davids today to get a sampling of Tisanes for evening drinking. Currently drinking their Orange Pekoe in the am, Genmaicha in the afternoon and I wanted something herbal for after dinner drinking. This one was attractive because of the Valerian, which is nice if you’re looking to go to sleep.

Hibiscus gives the liquor a nice colour and it’s one of the first flavours I pick up. That and peppermint. A little chamomile in there, but not picking up much lemongrass. I’m not sure what Valerian is supposed to taste like so I can’t comment much on what it adds to the flavour.

All in all a really nice drink. Very relaxing.

I really needed this tea. I’m only 3/4s of the way finished drinking it and I already feel relaxed, which makes me such a happy camper. Happy Halloween ya’ll

Tea #3/5 that I have tried. I was wary of this one as I am not a fan of peppermint tea. My intuition was right. I really wanted to like it as I would have loved so dearly to relax. But I just could not make myself to like it :(

Ok this isn’t my absolute favorite “sleepy time” kind of tea. The mint in this is very apparent. And the (what is it? hibiscus?) is also kinda less than relaxing to me. But, I was kinda wound last night for some reason or another so I gave it a shot. I really needed a relaxing tea. Well the flavor and aroma of the tea in itself is ok…nothing amazing. The mint gave me kind of a sour stomach….but I DID fall asleep within half an hour so…I guess it’s effective. Just wish it was something I loved to slowly sip and savor for a relaxing tea. I kinda ended up chugging it down…not a slow sipper for me. It’s meh. Hubs likes it tho.

Great friggin’ tea!

The taste and smell of this one is just too good. Just the right amount of peppermint and the rest of the ingredients to not make it strong or weak.

Just the thing I need to wind down the day of work or just a busy errand day. Not a mom, but am grateful for this little helper. Will definitely buy more of this.

This is my go-to tea for winding down in the evenings. :)

An extremely tasty bedtime tea! :) It usually ends up knocking me out in about 10 or so minutes after I finish drinking it. It’s my go – to tea when I have troubles falling asleep at a decent time.

Boiling 8 min or more

Backlogging: It does alright, but I have yet to find a bedtime as perfect as Teaopia’s Sleep Well. Mother’s Little Helper is missing some depth that I’ve gotten used to/need.

When preparing I will try adding a few fennel seeds, but it’s still not perfect.

my first step outside of grocery store teas. I ordered this online as I live 2 hours from anything resembling a city. I love what this tea does, although the taste is something that is taking a little getting use to. It is growing on me. The effects are perfect though. Hubby is deployed leaving me with a 2 year old and an 9 month old. I am also preparing to go back to work so if I ever needed something to calm the nerves the time is now. the moment the world starts to spin too fast this tea is soothing and calming. def helps with the mothering. perfect for going to bed as well and turning my brain off. I love the mint. the tart after taste is what I find a little much. then again I brew my black tea really strong and bitter so perhaps out of habit I steeped this too long. Will deff be ordering this again.

From the Caffeine Free sampler set.

A minty herbal grounded by chamomile. I do think valerian does make me sleep a little easier than just straight chamomile, but taste-wise this tisane isn’t that different from any other sleepytime blend involving mint and chamomile. I like those blends, so I like this, but I think I’ll stick to the proverbial Sleepytime(which now that I think about it, might have an even stronger mint-chamomile flavor). ;)