Mother's Little Helper (organic)

Herbal Tea
Chamomile, Cornflower Petals, Hibiscus, Lemongrass, Peppermint, Rose Hips, Valerian Root
Flowers, Lemon Zest
Caffeine Free
Fair Trade, Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by madametj

• “I needed this tea tonight and was feeling super lazy, so I put it in a teabag and made it (my metal steeper still has sichuan caravan to drink tomo in it). The flavor is still pretty good, so...” Read full tasting note
    misslena1221 927 tasting notes
  • “Ok, so I'm probably just the biggest whiner ever but I cannot handle not getting enough sleep. That's the surefire best way to grump me up, and I gotta say that at 5:20 AM, with only 1 hour of...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1699 tasting notes
  • “Sooo for some reason I don't have a rating on this tea when I know I have reviewed it a few times. Welp! Here's my rating! haha I used 1 tsp instead of my usual 2 tsps. It tastes soo much better...” Read full tasting note
    DaisyChubb 504 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown!! (158) Thank you *Cavocorax* for sharing this with me. This tastes like a typical herbal tea, minty and nice but not something I ever crave. For that reason, it won't be a restock but it...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1937 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

The great escape

Need a little relaxation? Try running for the shelter of this mother’s little helper. It’s got organic valerian (aka “nature’s Valium”) to take the edge off your 24/7 reality. Plus there’s chamomile, peppermint and lemongrass for an added dose of tranquility. And pretty blue cornflowers just to make you happy. One sip and you’ll feel like you’ve spent the day at a spa. (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Organic: peppermint, lemongrass, rosehips, Fair Trade Certified hibiscus, chamomile flowers, valerian root, cornflowers. With natural peppermint flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

From the Caffeine-Free/Decaf Traveling Tea Box.

I love hibiscus plain, but it’s difficult to blend with other teas without it coming off to strong. So when I read that hibiscus was in included this blend, I got a little worried. And when I saw that the liquor was purplish, I got a little more worried. But the taste varies, surprisingly. The hibiscus takes over (but it’s not strong and overly tart), but only at first. When I let the tea rest in my mouth, it goes away and the herbs – lemongrass, peppermint, chamomile, etc. – come through. And after I swallow, the peppermint stays. Yummmm.

An excellent herbal blend. I have to keep the entire packet.

Boiling 7 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML

My go to when I can tell it’s going to be a rough night. It doesn’t make me sleepy per se but it does relax me and slow down my brain a little. Time for reading and cuddling with the dog until it kicks in :) .

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 3 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

This is a staple tea for me. I have a cup most evenings. Pleasantly minty and soothing. Very forgiving with steeping as well – I often go 10 minutes or more. Occasionally I add a scoop of chamomile that I grew in my garden which adds a nice flavor.

I don’t personally believe that any of the ingredients are genuine sleep aids, but they sure taste nice and there is no caffeine. It’s also excellent for when you’re sick thanks to the soothing mintyness. Very cheap too – a full tin is about $10 if I remember correctly.

I love chamomile and lemongrass, and this is lovely. Somewhat tart, but with a clean finish. Complete flavour – might taste nice with some honey but will save that for next time.

I don’t know if it placebo (we’ll try again another day to check) but I got sleepy about 5 minutes after starting to sip this. This is my first time even hearing about the valerian root, and so far I’m a fan.

The only problem is after having to replace my duvet cover when I spilled tea all over it, I have a strict no drinking tea in bed rule. I want to get in bed so badly because it is making me sleepy, but sleepy me drinking tea in bed equals costly bedding disasters. Hurry up and cool 2nd cup so I can drink you and go to sleep!

Mother’s Little Helper was under door number 11 of the 2013 DavidsTea advent calendar, but it’s a blend I’ve had in the past as well. I really like the chamomile and peppermint mixture in this tisane — it’s very soothing. It also has lemon undertones thanks to the lemongrass, but I’ll admit that I think it could do without the lemon flavor.

Though there’s hibiscus, it’s muted by the peppermint, and luckily doesn’t add much more than a nice pink color to the brew. This has valerian root, but I didn’t feel any sleepier than usual! Still, it’s a good night time tea for anyone who likes peppermint and chamomile.

Went to Davids today to get a sampling of Tisanes for evening drinking. Currently drinking their Orange Pekoe in the am, Genmaicha in the afternoon and I wanted something herbal for after dinner drinking. This one was attractive because of the Valerian, which is nice if you’re looking to go to sleep.

Hibiscus gives the liquor a nice colour and it’s one of the first flavours I pick up. That and peppermint. A little chamomile in there, but not picking up much lemongrass. I’m not sure what Valerian is supposed to taste like so I can’t comment much on what it adds to the flavour.

All in all a really nice drink. Very relaxing.

I really needed this tea. I’m only 3/4s of the way finished drinking it and I already feel relaxed, which makes me such a happy camper. Happy Halloween ya’ll

Tea #3/5 that I have tried. I was wary of this one as I am not a fan of peppermint tea. My intuition was right. I really wanted to like it as I would have loved so dearly to relax. But I just could not make myself to like it :(

Ok this isn’t my absolute favorite “sleepy time” kind of tea. The mint in this is very apparent. And the (what is it? hibiscus?) is also kinda less than relaxing to me. But, I was kinda wound last night for some reason or another so I gave it a shot. I really needed a relaxing tea. Well the flavor and aroma of the tea in itself is ok…nothing amazing. The mint gave me kind of a sour stomach….but I DID fall asleep within half an hour so…I guess it’s effective. Just wish it was something I loved to slowly sip and savor for a relaxing tea. I kinda ended up chugging it down…not a slow sipper for me. It’s meh. Hubs likes it tho.

Great friggin’ tea!

The taste and smell of this one is just too good. Just the right amount of peppermint and the rest of the ingredients to not make it strong or weak.

Just the thing I need to wind down the day of work or just a busy errand day. Not a mom, but am grateful for this little helper. Will definitely buy more of this.