Mother's Little Helper (organic)

Herbal Tea
Chamomile, Cornflower Petals, Hibiscus, Lemongrass, Peppermint, Rose Hips, Valerian Root
Herbaceous, Hibiscus, Lemongrass, Peppermint, Sweet, Flowers, Mint, Floral, Herbs, Fruity, Medicinal, Lemon Zest
Caffeine Free
Fair Trade, Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by madametj

From DAVIDsTEA

The great escape

Need a little relaxation? Try running for the shelter of this mother’s little helper. It’s got organic valerian (aka “nature’s Valium”) to take the edge off your 24/7 reality. Plus there’s chamomile, peppermint and lemongrass for an added dose of tranquility. And pretty blue cornflowers just to make you happy. One sip and you’ll feel like you’ve spent the day at a spa. (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Organic: peppermint, lemongrass, rosehips, Fair Trade Certified hibiscus, chamomile flowers, valerian root, cornflowers. With natural peppermint flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I really like this blend – taste, smell, the lovely pink colour (in some steeps)… I still dislike that herbal teas don’t resteep well :(. After one cup I feel the tension in my body melt away a little bit. Even if it’s not the valerian root and is just a placebo, it works and that is awesome. Waaay more expensive than my Herbaria lemon balm bags but it will be nice to have once in a while to mix it up.

Mother’s Little Helper does wonderful things for me:
It tastes and smells great; minty, herby, slightly sweet.
Gives me a happy warm full belly.
Makes me feel much better when I am sick.
Makes me feel super relaxed when I am stressed.
Makes me feel sleepy when I am wired.
And gets the Rolling Stones song by the same name stuck in my head.
I drink it infrequently and mix it half and half with DAVIDs organic Chamomile. Enjoying this tea full strength and frequently will be one big plus for when baby weans, whenever that may be.

Bought this after having slept like 4 hours each night for a week due to stress, and my prescription stopped helping. Took it about an hour before I slept, and it knocked me straight out. Slept very soundly. This tea is great. It smells mostly like lemon grass and vaguely “good”.

1 tsp

Having a second cup (drank the first before I thought about logging) to just calm and chill down at work. Tea, soothing away the stress.

I got a small tin of this tea as part of a DT gift box with a neat customizable travel mug. It’s a pretty standard minty-flavoured herbal tea – I’ve drank many like it. It’s pleasant though with the mint and lemongrass covering the flavour of the valerian. It definitely has sedative properties so I’d advise drinking this one before going to bed.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

The past two days have been a bit rough, so I went out last night and picked up some of the Spring collection from DAVIDsTEA. I ineptly brewed a cup of Strawberry Fields this morning. I think I should stay away from black tea until I can brew it properly.

As my jaw and shoulders are very tight with tension, I made one of my favourites. This tea never fails to relax me. I want to pick up The Big Chill soon so I can have a bit of variety with my verbenas.

Flavors: Floral, Mint

Fjellrev

I hope you’ll feel better soon. :(

Lisa Elizabeth

sren

I know it’s a tough week when I turn to MLH in the morning. I’m curious—and learning :) —what do you think went wrong with your black tea brewing?

This was good, but not very original. Most herbal teas I’ve had use mint to kind of cover up what I assume are more medicinal, less appealing flavors. I do like mint, but I wasn’t wow-ed by the flavor. As for the relaxing benefits, I was already pretty relaxed as it was right before bed. I didn’t have trouble falling asleep…but I don’t have trouble with that too often so I am probably a poor test subject. Glad to have tried a sample though.

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Day 11 of the 24 Days Of Tea calendar!

I had very, very low expectations for this tea. I hate chamomile. With a passion. HATE. IT. But…deal with myself…try everything except coco chai rooibos, which makes me gag it’s so gross.

Made a cup. Drank the full cup. THE FULL CUP. I did it, guys. It’s very minty, almost disturbingly so. Definite hint of lemongrass, but not nearly as strong a flavour as what you would expect given the appearance of the tea (95% lemongrass, maybe?). Not very rosehippy, even though I could see big chunks of rosehip in the half-tin I steeped. Very strange indeed. And not entirely unpleasant…but still had that not-so-tasty aftertaste of chamomile. So I drank the cup quickly to avoid the after-taste, and then finished it off with a small glass of raspberry lemonade. lol.

Verdict: not nearly as gross as I thought it would be, it is very nearly “good” if it wasn’t for the chamomile. Still a yuck after-taste. Would not buy.

Day 11 of the advent calendar. I didn’t love this one. The peppermint is nice. I enjoy peppermint flavour in tea. The hibiscus ruined it for me though. I’m not a fan of hibiscus to begin with but I can tolerate it if I find that it mixes well with the other flavours. I found it was too pronounced here. I’m also not a fan of chamomile. Luckily, the chamomile in this tea is mild so it didn’t bother me. I re-steeped this tea and the hibiscus was lighter and less offensive the second time around. This isn’t a tea I’d ever buy for myself. Just wasn’t that crazy about it.

Flavors: Flowers, Herbs, Hibiscus, Peppermint

Im only drinking this because I’ve been having tremendous difficulty falling asleep at night lately and I’m hoping this will help. Im not a fan of this tea simply because I despise chamomile but I drink it anyway because I know I need it. I’m not reviewing this for the taste as much as I’m reviewing for the potency and ability to help me fall asleep and thus far I’m feeling me eyes get heavy. Good job DT, not only do you make some tasty teas, you make some helpful ones too! BTW this is brewed in a teapot so the tsp and oz are quite large

Boiling 8 min or more 3 tsp 24 OZ / 709 ML