Mother's Little Helper (organic)

Herbal Tea
Chamomile, Cornflower Petals, Hibiscus, Lemongrass, Peppermint, Rose Hips, Valerian Root
Floral, Fruity, Medicinal, Tart, Flowers, Peppermint, Tea, Lemon Zest, Hibiscus, Lemongrass, Mint, Lemon, Tangy, Herbaceous, Sweet, Herbs
Caffeine Free
Fair Trade, Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by madametj

From DAVIDsTEA

The great escape

Need a little relaxation? Try running for the shelter of this mother’s little helper. It’s got organic valerian (aka “nature’s Valium”) to take the edge off your 24/7 reality. Plus there’s chamomile, peppermint and lemongrass for an added dose of tranquility. And pretty blue cornflowers just to make you happy. One sip and you’ll feel like you’ve spent the day at a spa. (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Organic: peppermint, lemongrass, rosehips, Fair Trade Certified hibiscus, chamomile flowers, valerian root, cornflowers. With natural peppermint flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This may be my most consistent tea from David’s Tea. It’s definitely my favourite caffeine free tea :). This is a really nice for the end of the night. And it’s easy to make in that there isn’t s strict steeping time. Its delicious with nothing added to it.

Fighting to get on some sort of reasonable sleeping schedule again. So easy to fall off the wagon.

This tastes like peppermint and lemony camomile with the slightest hint of valerian bitterness. I’d like a bit more hibiscus or rose hip tartness. Like a classic sleepytime tea with a sledgehammer hiding in the back room.

High marks for getting the job done.

Flavors: Lemon Zest, Peppermint

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

While there’s nothing unpleasant here, I have a feeling that people are drinking this tea more for its soothing effects than the flavor. I’m getting a light mix of lemongrass, mint, and hibiscus — tastes fine, but unremarkable. It IS relaxing though, so points for that.

Oooo, it smells so pepperminty, and the hibiscus makes it a bright red color—not like a candy apple dyed red, but a natural burgundy. So pretty in my glass teapot. :) I love the whole chamomile flowers in there. It looks like a tea my sister would mix together (she’s recently gotten into mixing her own medicinal teas).

It’s a little too sour to skip the sweetener… dumps in a an entire packet of stevia

It has a sour medicinal smell, possibly from the valerian root and rose hips. Not complaining.

Not too fruity for me not to enjoy hot—I think that’s the peppermint and lemongrass toning down the hibiscus and rose hips. Pretty darn good.

Flavors: Hibiscus, Lemongrass, Peppermint

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

daily resolution 7/14
Reviewing in retrospect. TBH, I don’t remember much about it. Given that I usually dislike herbal teas, that means this one must have been fine.
Will finish off the sampler and update this note later.

Flavors: Floral, Lemongrass, Mint

What a great evening tea. The dominant flavour is peppermint, but the lemongrass and chamomile are very noticeable too. It had a relaxing smell and a soothing flavour. The downside? My cats think this stuff is liquid catnip, I can’t take my eyes off it for a second or they will be rubbing all over my cup and dipping their paws/faces in the tea. Also, over steeping brings out too much hibiscus.

Flavors: Floral, Hibiscus, Lemongrass, Peppermint

Boiling 7 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

Reminds me a lot of tension tamer from Celestial Seasonings with more peppermint and more tang. I really like it and it knocks me out right fast.

Flavors: Flowers, Lemon, Peppermint, Tangy

The comfortable sweater of teas. I bought this to serve a purpose as one of my pre-bed teas. However, I never expected it to be THE tea for me to wind down to. It’s comforting and my love for it happened slowly and gradually. It usually takes me over a year to finish teas because I have such a variety to choose from. However, I finished this one faster than any in recent memory.

I don’t necessarily know if the valerian is working, but hey, maybe there is a placebo effect. Furthermore, I love mint teas in the evening. I usually hate hibiscus in teas, but the other flavours (mint, valerian, lemongrass) mask it.

Flavors: Herbaceous, Lemongrass, Peppermint

When I was smelling this out of the tin, the initial scent was very peppermint based. However, as the tea was steeping the chamomile and lemongrass became much more obvious, along with a slight sweetness.

I really like this as a bed time tea, on nights where I am needing to unwind a bit.

It’s herbal, but sweet due to the rosehips and then there is a nice peppermint aftertaste. The hibiscus is present, but not overwhelming. Valerian root adds to the relaxing nature of this tea, as well as the chamomile. This tea is probably going to be a strictly night time tea, but there’s nothing wrong with that!

This will be a repurchase, for sure.

Flavors: Herbaceous, Hibiscus, Lemongrass, Peppermint, Sweet

This is kind of an odd tea to me…can’t really decide if I like it. I chose it to drink tonight because my mind and body needed to relax after a long shift at work, and I’m not sure yet if it’s going to work for its intended purpose. If it does…awesome. I don’t dislike the flavor at all, but if I’m going to drink something minty, I’d probably prefer just plain peppermint tea.

The mint in this is very strong, as well as the lemongrass. Luckily the flavors mingle quite well, because the scent of the dry leaves is really overpowering.

Flavors: Lemongrass, Peppermint