Dragon Pearls

Hay, Jasmine, Salt
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

From DAVIDsTEA

So seductive

Incredible as it seems, each of these pearls was hand-rolled. It’s a tradition that began over 1300 years ago, when a Chinese emperor wanted to give an original gift of love. Made from green tea scented with blooming jasmine flowers, they are perfect little gems. When you infuse them in hot water, they will release the most intensely beautiful scent as they slowly unravel and come to life. (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Chinese green tea from Zhejiang Province, scented with jasmine flowers.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

My go-to tea for sushi, or something to save for special occasions. Bought 25 grams of this. I wish I would have bought more. Delicious, beautiful, and aromatic. Can’t say enough good about this tea.

This tea requires a fairly low temperature and a quick steep time. Otherwise it becomes bitter and overbearing. I quite love my temperature-controlled kettle for this reason.

RAWR! I imagine myself drinking this tea with a DRAGON! Deliciously scented with jasmine for a gentle sweet green tea taste. I am in love with this tea!

Amazing. The smell blew me away in the store, and I bought my first full tin right then and there. I tried it earlier today and have already enjoyed four cups of the stuff. The smell is intoxicating, and the taste lives up to the smell. It’s like drinking a jasmine flower, which is very much up my alley.

My favourite green tea.
Amazing, you can taste the quality, and admire the beauty as the pearls unfold.
It has a somewhat salty, and earthy taste to it.
Very smooth and balanced.
It was somewhat bitter, but very interesting for a green tea.

Interesting = Dragon Pearls = Amazing.

Day 56 of my 101 days of DAVIDsTEA challenge.

My dad calls these “dragon balls,” to which I can’t help but giggle and think of tea leaves with little stars inside…. perhaps I should brew seven and make a wish on them sometime!

Geekiness aside, it was an interesting experience. I brewed around 1tsp in a clear cup, mostly in a tea ball, but I put three in the cup itself so I could watch them unfurl. It was a nice little show, I must say, though not as colourful as a blooming tea.

The taste… I’m not a fan of jasmine, but this was a lot better than I thought it would be. Not at all bitter when a shorter steep time is stuck to, and it’s still rebrewing quite nicely a few cups later (I save the tealeaves in the ball and have had a couple cups since). I plan to milk this teaball-full as long as I can before getting rid of them!

OK so this tea looks pretty scary when its steeping – like a bunch of dead spiders in the bottom of your cup…BUT give it a chance because it’s a really solid jasmine green tea!

TheKesser

lol I’m glad I’m not the only one that thought that!

I splurged and bought some dragon pears as jasmine is my favourite tea of all time. I was a bit disappointed. I found it wonderfully sweet and very light, which I’m sure would please a lot of people. I tend to like my teas on the bitter side, so the sweetness was just not to my liking. However, it was probably one of the best cups of tea I’ve ever had, just not one for everyday drinking.

I also bought some rose petals and added them to the pearls….was lovely.

Boiling 8 min or more

I’d say it’s a very average jasmine tea. Assassin’s creed “good enough.” A tad salty, however, after longing for a jasmine tea for months and not finding any in my cabinet, it really hit the spot.

Enjoyed with my best friend at sunset:

Bought 6g as a sample (enough for 2 cups). Pretty good tea! I don’t think I’m much of a green tea person, though.

I steeped mine for 3 minutes @ 71C, and I think that may have resulted in a lighter flavour. Some of the pearls didn’t even open halfway so I will try resteeping later. Ever so sllightly savoury/oceany/salty base with a hint of jasmine. Not bitter at all.

Flavors: Hay, Jasmine, Salt

Another kind sample from MissB I swear this is the bottomless box of tea!

It’s a very nice Jasmine tea, though seems to have a bit of a bitter finish compared to my other jasmine teas. Not a jasmine I would restock, but not a terrible one overall.