Dragon Pearls

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

From DAVIDsTEA

So seductive

Incredible as it seems, each of these pearls was hand-rolled. It’s a tradition that began over 1300 years ago, when a Chinese emperor wanted to give an original gift of love. Made from green tea scented with blooming jasmine flowers, they are perfect little gems. When you infuse them in hot water, they will release the most intensely beautiful scent as they slowly unravel and come to life. (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Chinese green tea from Zhejiang Province, scented with jasmine flowers.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

My go to relaxation tea! So amazing!

I’ve had tea a type of dragon pearl tea before, when I was young and naive in the tea-domain. So the taste is quite familiar to me, however, there is something that I didn’t notice before (that I noticed this time around): THOSE TINY-LITTLE-ITTY-BITTY PEARLS EXPAND LIKE 1234567890 TIMES WHEN YOU STEEP THEM OMG!!!It’s like nothing I have ever experienced before in a tea.

As for the taste, it is kind of metal-y (?). I can tell that this is really high quality tea. the dragon pearl tea that I had before, was not this rich and smooth.

I recommend you all trying it ;) Your mind will be baffled when you see the pearls expand!

This was actually the second jasmine tea I tried from David’s tea, the first being the silk jasmine one. I actually found the other one to be a bit too “green” tasting, or perhaps it was simply more bitter and I just falsely assumed that that was the greenness of the tea. In any event, I really enjoy this tea, and am pleased to say it: I’d previously decided that I didn’t like any green tea, but am glad to say that I’m slowly starting to appreciate some of them. I’ve been putting in a full spoon of “David’s perfect spoon”, but after reading a few tasting notes on here, have realized that I can probably get just as strong a taste with fewer pearls. I also put in a dash of vanilla agave nectar, and that seems to mellow it out nicely.

I find this tea to be very bitter and missing in jasmine. It is quite expensive, and to me, is not worth its price.

Very cool tea idea, but you can find this one almost anywhere. It’s pretty over-priced compared to where I’ve seen it elsewhere.

my favorite jasmine green! Excellent hot or iced.

I was soo excited to try this from Davids as I love the Jasmin Pearls from Teaopia and I thought Davids verison would be better but it is only ok. It is fun to watch the pearls open but you don’t really get the jasmin taste.

One of my favourites when I want something simple.