Dragon Pearls

Jasmine, Floral, Grass, Vegetal, Perfume, Hay, Salt
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

From DAVIDsTEA

So seductive

Incredible as it seems, each of these pearls was hand-rolled. It’s a tradition that began over 1300 years ago, when a Chinese emperor wanted to give an original gift of love. Made from green tea scented with blooming jasmine flowers, they are perfect little gems. When you infuse them in hot water, they will release the most intensely beautiful scent as they slowly unravel and come to life. (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Chinese green tea from Zhejiang Province, scented with jasmine flowers.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I’d say it’s a very average jasmine tea. Assassin’s creed “good enough.” A tad salty, however, after longing for a jasmine tea for months and not finding any in my cabinet, it really hit the spot.

Enjoyed with my best friend at sunset:

Bought 6g as a sample (enough for 2 cups). Pretty good tea! I don’t think I’m much of a green tea person, though.

I steeped mine for 3 minutes @ 71C, and I think that may have resulted in a lighter flavour. Some of the pearls didn’t even open halfway so I will try resteeping later. Ever so sllightly savoury/oceany/salty base with a hint of jasmine. Not bitter at all.

Flavors: Hay, Jasmine, Salt

Another kind sample from MissB I swear this is the bottomless box of tea!

It’s a very nice Jasmine tea, though seems to have a bit of a bitter finish compared to my other jasmine teas. Not a jasmine I would restock, but not a terrible one overall.

Thanks to Virginia for another lovely jasmine tea! This one is more bold than the Butterfly Jasmine (Davids Tea as well). Both the jasmine flavor and the green tea base are stronger in this one. The green tea is still gentle with no astringency. I still prefer Verdant’s White Yunnan Jasmine.

Flavors: Jasmine

I cold brewed this last week and like definitely strained it out and left it in the fridge bc I didn’t have time to drink it haha
but I finished my cold brew and it was yummy, but it did get a slightly bitter taste to it as it sat in the fridge. I have two other cold brews in mason jars in the fridge. One from last week and one from last month… I really should throw the older one out ahha

Sleepy time because I’m up early tomorrow so I can go to the parks with my friends, and then work in the afternoon! Training is fairly intensive and my voice is dying :/

On a cloudy and cold morning, the beautiful aroma of jasmine is all I need to make me feel like I’m sunbathing in the garden.

I start each teaching day by steeping myself a large cup of Dragon Pearl tea before my students arrive for the day and let the jasmine smell permeate at my desk.

In my large (16 oz) mug, I add in about 10-12 pearls with hot water that I temper with a bit of cool water so that it isn’t boiling (no temperature adjustment on the kettle at work), and I let the pearls unfurl in my cup.

I get a decent 3 infusions from the pearls before I consider adding new ones into my cup.

This tea takes well to multiple infusions. It has a pale orange-yellow liquor that darkens as the tea is left to sit. This tea is floral and jasmine-y, but not soapy tasting.

As a bonus, you don’t need many pearls of this tea to make a good cup, so it’s very long-lasting. Despite this, I’m not sure if I’ll buy this again once my current package runs out – there are so many jasmine teas out there that I’d like to try so I can get a better comparison.

I tried this today in a to-go cup. As stated in my previous tasting note about Butterfly Jasmine, I have been trying to increase my green tea consumption as well as to try more traditional teas as opposed to flavoured ones. It is really neat to watch these “pearls” unravel into the little “dragons”; they practically triple in size! In terms of taste/smell the jasmine is overwhelming! This tea is practically identical to Butterfly Jasmine! It is definitely an acquired taste that I don’t think everyone would enjoy but if you were curious like I was, there is no harm in giving it a try. I can’t see myself rushing out to stock up on it but I would not hesitate to drink it again.

My go to relaxation tea! So amazing!