Dragon Pearls

Floral, Vegetal, Jasmine, Grass, Perfume, Hay, Salt
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

From DAVIDsTEA

So seductive

Incredible as it seems, each of these pearls was hand-rolled. It’s a tradition that began over 1300 years ago, when a Chinese emperor wanted to give an original gift of love. Made from green tea scented with blooming jasmine flowers, they are perfect little gems. When you infuse them in hot water, they will release the most intensely beautiful scent as they slowly unravel and come to life. (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Chinese green tea from Zhejiang Province, scented with jasmine flowers.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This is an excellent jasmine tea, but over steeping it can make it unbearable. This ended up accidentally being steeped for 4 minutes and I couldn’t finish a cup. It was tolerable piping hot, but simply awful cold.

David’s tea has 3 jasmine green teas:

Silk Dragon Jasmine- $7.75/50 grams
This one: $14.50/50grams
Butterfly Jasmine: $19.75/grams

Currently I own a little of each as I love jasmine green tea and want to compare them. Along with this tasting note I am doing a side-by-side comparison of Silk Dragon Jasmine so go to that entry if you want my take on it :).

This tea is closer to Butterfly Jasmine than Silk Dragon Jasmine by far. Like Butterfly, the leaves are rolled up into little bundles that unvravel as they steep, which is quite pretty. The tea is light and the jasmine is prominent, but I find that Butterfly Jasmine has a stronger Jasmine flavour than this one. Still, this is a very close substitute and what you save money wise makes up for a slight loss of flavour. I’m still going to rate this a little less than Butterfly because I do think Butterfly Jasmine is the best out of the three, but this one isn’t far behind.

Flavors: Jasmine

Kirkoneill1988

have you tried gongfu style with a gaiwan?

Kristal

no I haven’t-I actually never heard of a gaiwan before before just now. I looked it up and it sounds interesting!

Kristal

The only thing about gongfu style is that I can only drink a couple cups of tea with caffeine in it per day or else I get jittery or an upset stomach. It sounds interesting though!

The scent of this tea is so relaxing I feel as though I should be drinking it at a fancy spa between pampering treatments. Either that, or it should be cold brewed and in my water bottle as I hike along secluded trails in the mountains. I love jasmine teas, and this is no exception. It’s not so strongly floral as to be overpowering, and the green tea base is both refreshing and smooth. It’s also beautiful to watch the pearls unfold as they steep. It’s not an everyday tea for me, but it sure does the trick when I’m in the mood for something that feels refreshing and rejuvenating.

I really don’t have anything negative to say. This is my favourite green tea as of late.

Flavors: Floral, Grass, Jasmine, Vegetal

2 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML
rosebudmelissa

I really love their Jasmine Phoenix pearls. I don’t drink it often, but when I do it’s sooo good. I might need to check this one out next time.

Kristal

I really want to try this tea too. Have you ever tried butterfly jasmine? Expensive but amazing.

rosebudmelissa

No, I haven’t. What’s it like?

Kristal

Light green tea with a more prominent jasmine flavour. The tea is hand rolled into little “butterflies” that slowly unravel with each steep. It’s really beautiful and a true pleasure to drink.

Sounds delicious!

M

All of those sound wonderful. I love jasmine green teas.

Relaxing Aroma! love it! Best had so far!

Flavors: Jasmine, Perfume

1 g 17 OZ / 500 ML

I’d say it’s a very average jasmine tea. Assassin’s creed “good enough.” A tad salty, however, after longing for a jasmine tea for months and not finding any in my cabinet, it really hit the spot.

Enjoyed with my best friend at sunset:

Bought 6g as a sample (enough for 2 cups). Pretty good tea! I don’t think I’m much of a green tea person, though.

I steeped mine for 3 minutes @ 71C, and I think that may have resulted in a lighter flavour. Some of the pearls didn’t even open halfway so I will try resteeping later. Ever so sllightly savoury/oceany/salty base with a hint of jasmine. Not bitter at all.

Flavors: Hay, Jasmine, Salt

Another kind sample from MissB I swear this is the bottomless box of tea!

It’s a very nice Jasmine tea, though seems to have a bit of a bitter finish compared to my other jasmine teas. Not a jasmine I would restock, but not a terrible one overall.

Thanks to Virginia for another lovely jasmine tea! This one is more bold than the Butterfly Jasmine (Davids Tea as well). Both the jasmine flavor and the green tea base are stronger in this one. The green tea is still gentle with no astringency. I still prefer Verdant’s White Yunnan Jasmine.

Flavors: Jasmine

I cold brewed this last week and like definitely strained it out and left it in the fridge bc I didn’t have time to drink it haha
but I finished my cold brew and it was yummy, but it did get a slightly bitter taste to it as it sat in the fridge. I have two other cold brews in mason jars in the fridge. One from last week and one from last month… I really should throw the older one out ahha

Sleepy time because I’m up early tomorrow so I can go to the parks with my friends, and then work in the afternoon! Training is fairly intensive and my voice is dying :/

On a cloudy and cold morning, the beautiful aroma of jasmine is all I need to make me feel like I’m sunbathing in the garden.