Silk Dragon Jasmine (organic)

Green Tea
Organic Jasmine Green Tea
Flowers, Grass, Grapes, Jasmine
Medium
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

• “I needed a little calm and tranquility to settle my head since it's just being pulled in so many directions right now and I'm so stressed out. I also wanted to get in my 'two new daily teas', or at...” Read full tasting note
    roswellstrange 1811 tasting notes
  • “Continuing on the finishing of samples, this one is out. I don't really like this at all. It's WAY too strongly jasmine to the point it just completely overpowers the green tea. I couldn't even...” Read full tasting note
    pandamanda 1196 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown, 173. I got samples of this from I think multiple people (who were not fans of jasmine and trying to get rid of it I think), though I can't remember from whom. Sorry, swap parterners, and...” Read full tasting note
    dinosara 1937 tasting notes
  • “I got this as a sample with an order a long time ago. Smells like strong jasmine. Thankfully, it does not taste as strong. It is not overy perfumed, but it does have that silky mouthfeel. This...” Read full tasting note
    tigress_al 806 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

A magical scent

Made from premium green tea, our Silk Dragon is a limited-edition treasure. To create it, night-blooming jasmine is gathered in the morning and kept cool all day. In the evening, when the flowers burst open and release their scent, they are placed with the tea until midnight. This is repeated with fresh flowers over the course of five nights, infusing the tea with a most magical flavour.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Day #9 of the advent calendar. Another new taste experience for me and I have to say that I like this green tea much better than the Genmaicha. This one I was able to steep longer, it smells better… Definitely another future purchase.

As much as I love the smell of Jasmine and after appreciating the time and effort involved in creating this tea, I still feel like I am drinking a cup of flowers. My boyfriend even asked why we were drinking something that would be made for someone who who likes walking through the grocery store and eating the flowers. Appreciate the process, just not crazy about the strength.

This tea is definitely heavy on the flowers, but I don’t rate it too harshly for its nearly indiscernible green tea base, since it’s still better than other jasmine teas I’ve tried. The jasmine flavor is almost a little bit sweet. I’m still shopping around for a favorite jasmine tea, but this is still nice enough that I wouldn’t be ashamed to offer it to people, if it happened to be all I had on hand.

Oh Jasmine, how I love the smell of Jasmine!!!! And green tea too! I really, REALLY enjoyed this tea a lot.

I always enjoy drinking jasmine green tea at the chinese and japanese restaurants, so I wanted to get some for myself. I think this will be my go-to, unless I find something better.

Not usually one for “flavoured” green tea, but this one is awesome!

By far the best and aromatic jasmine tea I have. Smooth and flavorful in the taste. This will be a perfect selection if you want to taste the original flavor that comes from the mere tea leaves. And I don’t know about the others, but I found that even the second steeping still taste great.

I got this as a sample from an online order from David’s. I’m a big fan of jasmine teas, but I’ve been enjoying the various flavoured varieties from David’s lately, and haven’t really explored the straight blends they offer. I will likely buy a bigger bag of this with my next order. The jasmine flavour isn’t overpowering and the green tea seems to be a decent quality.

A light drinkable jasmine, this is the last of the jasmines for me in my collection, and on David’s Tea’s wall. Not very remarkable to me, especially after having had so many jasmines this weekend. I did notice a strong aftertaste well after I’d finished drinking with this one though. The jasmine definitely lingered.

Finished off the rest of this today.

Tried steep.it‘s suggestion of only brewing this tea for a minute. Turned out much less bitter, but altogether not that different. It’s alright for a green tea, but not spectacular enough that I will be restocking, genmaicha is still the best everyday green tea in my books.

Organic Jasmine tea. Yep.

Balance: Good.
Special characteristic : Subtile creamy taste, well balanced green tea.
Worth the price : 7.00$ for 50g, yes!

Full taste :
First of all, creamy in the mouth, but not too much creamy like vanilla tea. That’s a natural creaminess from the Jasmine flower.

Then, you got the jasmine taste blended with the creaminess.

After that, you taste the body of the tea, which is not too light and not too strong. The green tea is really well balanced in my opinion.

The final note is the Jasmine blended with the creaminess, this time, the jasmine is much stronger on the mouth.

Overall : It’s a decent Jasmine tea! The difference with this one, Dragon Pearls and Butterfly Jasmine : the green tea quality.