Silk Dragon Jasmine (organic)

Green Tea
Organic Jasmine Green Tea
Grass, Jasmine, Vegetal, Green, Floral, Smooth, Flowers, Grapes
Loose Leaf, Sachet
Medium
Fair Trade, Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

2 Images

From DAVIDsTEA

A magical scent

Made from premium green tea, our Silk Dragon is a limited-edition treasure. To create it, night-blooming jasmine is gathered in the morning and kept cool all day. In the evening, when the flowers burst open and release their scent, they are placed with the tea until midnight. This is repeated with fresh flowers over the course of five nights, infusing the tea with a most magical flavour.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Day #9 of the advent calendar. Another new taste experience for me and I have to say that I like this green tea much better than the Genmaicha. This one I was able to steep longer, it smells better… Definitely another future purchase.

Please keep things friendly and .

As much as I love the smell of Jasmine and after appreciating the time and effort involved in creating this tea, I still feel like I am drinking a cup of flowers. My boyfriend even asked why we were drinking something that would be made for someone who who likes walking through the grocery store and eating the flowers. Appreciate the process, just not crazy about the strength.

Please keep things friendly and .

This tea is definitely heavy on the flowers, but I don’t rate it too harshly for its nearly indiscernible green tea base, since it’s still better than other jasmine teas I’ve tried. The jasmine flavor is almost a little bit sweet. I’m still shopping around for a favorite jasmine tea, but this is still nice enough that I wouldn’t be ashamed to offer it to people, if it happened to be all I had on hand.

Please keep things friendly and .

Oh Jasmine, how I love the smell of Jasmine!!!! And green tea too! I really, REALLY enjoyed this tea a lot.

I always enjoy drinking jasmine green tea at the chinese and japanese restaurants, so I wanted to get some for myself. I think this will be my go-to, unless I find something better.

David’s tea has 3 jasmine green teas:

Silk Dragon Jasmine- $7.75/50 grams
Dragon Pearls: $14.50/50grams
Butterfly Jasmine: $19.75/grams

Currently I own a little of each as I love jasmine green tea and want to compare them. Along with this tasting note I am doing a side-by-side comparison of Dragon Pearls so go to that entry if you want my take on it :).

2 Years ago (when I was starting to get into tea) I had rated this an 85. I am a lot better at picking up subtleties in green tea so I decided to delete my old tasting note and re-review this tea.

This tea is fussy. It requires lower temp water than the other green jasmine teas (which is strange because you would think the expensive ones would be more delicate) probably due to the fact that the leaves are small bits and not whole in like the other ones. I actually made this tea twice before reviewing it because I used 175 F water instead of 160 F and slightly over leafed the first time and it turned bitter. the second time I used 160 F water and was careful about the leaves yet it still went a little bitter. I pretty much have to keep the steeping time a minute or less because the leaves this tea has is closer to what you would find in bagged tea and therefore goes bitter FAST. As for the jasmine flavour it’s only there a little bit-not nearly as much as the other jasmine teas.

Overall I still like this tea but it’s no where near the quality of the other 2 teas. This tea would serve great as a tea to make in my timolino while rushing out the door before work and I can sip on somewhat mindlessly. The thing about the other Jasmine teas is that they are so nice I personally think they should be enjoyed slowly while enjoying ever sip- not just mindlessly gussling it while doing work.

Flavors: Grass, Jasmine

Please keep things friendly and .

By far the best and aromatic jasmine tea I have. Smooth and flavorful in the taste. This will be a perfect selection if you want to taste the original flavor that comes from the mere tea leaves. And I don’t know about the others, but I found that even the second steeping still taste great.

Please keep things friendly and .

I got this as a sample from an online order from David’s. I’m a big fan of jasmine teas, but I’ve been enjoying the various flavoured varieties from David’s lately, and haven’t really explored the straight blends they offer. I will likely buy a bigger bag of this with my next order. The jasmine flavour isn’t overpowering and the green tea seems to be a decent quality.

Please keep things friendly and .

A light drinkable jasmine, this is the last of the jasmines for me in my collection, and on David’s Tea’s wall. Not very remarkable to me, especially after having had so many jasmines this weekend. I did notice a strong aftertaste well after I’d finished drinking with this one though. The jasmine definitely lingered.

Please keep things friendly and .

Finished off the rest of this today.

Tried steep.it‘s suggestion of only brewing this tea for a minute. Turned out much less bitter, but altogether not that different. It’s alright for a green tea, but not spectacular enough that I will be restocking, genmaicha is still the best everyday green tea in my books.

Please keep things friendly and .

Organic Jasmine tea. Yep.

Balance: Good.
Special characteristic : Subtile creamy taste, well balanced green tea.
Worth the price : 7.00$ for 50g, yes!

Full taste :
First of all, creamy in the mouth, but not too much creamy like vanilla tea. That’s a natural creaminess from the Jasmine flower.

Then, you got the jasmine taste blended with the creaminess.

After that, you taste the body of the tea, which is not too light and not too strong. The green tea is really well balanced in my opinion.

The final note is the Jasmine blended with the creaminess, this time, the jasmine is much stronger on the mouth.

Overall : It’s a decent Jasmine tea! The difference with this one, Dragon Pearls and Butterfly Jasmine : the green tea quality.