Silk Dragon Jasmine (organic)

Green Tea
Organic Jasmine Green Tea
Jasmine, Green, Floral, Grass, Smooth, Flowers, Grapes
Loose Leaf, Sachet
Medium
Fair Trade, Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

2 Images

From DAVIDsTEA

A magical scent

Made from premium green tea, our Silk Dragon is a limited-edition treasure. To create it, night-blooming jasmine is gathered in the morning and kept cool all day. In the evening, when the flowers burst open and release their scent, they are placed with the tea until midnight. This is repeated with fresh flowers over the course of five nights, infusing the tea with a most magical flavour.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Slightly bitter green tea, but the jasmine scent is nice, not too weak. I steep it multiple times at work, it is best after the third steeping.

Flavors: Jasmine

Quite bitter. Pretty good mouthfeel. The sweetness of the jasmine is hidden by the bitterness of the brew. Maybe I should try to infuse at a lower temperature next time

Silky smooth and sophisticated. The taste of jasmine definitely predominates. But, the quality green tea base still shines through. This was a sample I received, and I like it so much, I’m planning to buy a tin. It makes me feel serene, like a spa in a cup.

185 °F / 85 °C 3 min, 0 sec 3 g 10 OZ / 295 ML

Day 18 of the advent calendar. I should be vacuuming my house but I’m procrastinating by watching “In the Kitchen” and having a cup of this tea. I used to love jasmine green tea but lately I haven’t been able to tolerate jasmine as well as I used to. It’s just not agreeing with me for some reason. Luckily, the jasmine in this tea is mild and doesn’t seem to be giving me a problem. I like it. A good, smooth green tea!

Flavors: Green, Jasmine

Day 18 of my David’s Tea advent calendar:

Mmmmmm jasmine. I love jasmine. I’m enjoying this on a cozy day off, while sitting in the sunbeam that shines into my living room in the early afternoon. If you don’t like jasmine then this probably isn’t the tea for you, but I’m personally a huge fan of both jasmine and straight green tea. The floral taste is quite strong, so I would definitely recommend a fairly short steep time. On the second infusion it tastes quite similar to the ridiculously priced Jasmine Dragon Phoenix Pearls from Teavana that I love so much, only with a touch more bitterness. Maybe I’ll settle and start buying this one instead.

Flavors: Floral, Grass, Green, Jasmine

1 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML
Kristal

I soo want to buy this one again – but I need to use up some more teas before purchasing anymore.

M

I know the feeling! I’ve been neglecting to buy my favourites for a while now in an attempt to decrease my collection.

This tea smells divine. The mix of jasmine and green tea is perfectly balanced for a heavenly scent. Steeped, it is delicious and strong enough for a rebrew, evading the risk of bitterness altogether. This is a gorgeous tea I could drink forever.

Flavors: Floral, Green, Jasmine

5 min, 45 sec 1 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

If you love Jasmine, then you’ll love this. This one’s particularly special to me because it was discovered with together with my mom.
It’s got everything you want in a green tea but with an addition of Jasmine.

Flavors: Floral, Jasmine, Smooth

I received some of the Organic Silk Dragon Jasmine (in sachets) from DavidsTea a while back and am only getting around to trying it now. Wow, it tastes good! Definitely one of my favorites among the DavidsTea selections to date.

The liquor is golden veering green, and I infused the 3 gram sachet successively in two full Bodum glasses, both of which yielded excellent tea. I would definitely consider restocking this tea, and I love the story of how it comes to be scented! For five nights in a row high-quality organic green tea shares its bed with night-blooming jasmine. How romantic!

a third and fourth glass from this sachet were also still flavorful and redolent of jasmine—one of my favorite flowers in perfumery!

Flavors: Flowers

180 °F / 82 °C 4 min, 0 sec 3 g 17 OZ / 502 ML

Enjoying this tea in my topsy turvy mug from Disney because I haven’t used this mug in so long!
Hmm a decent jasmine tea. For some reason it smelled like genmaicha when it finished steeping? But it tastes like jasmine and that’s what I’m here for :)
It tastes a bit like Beastly Beverages’ Angel of Decadence. Just a regular ol’ jasmine tea. I still really love DAVIDs Butterfly Jasmine. Much more smoother while this one tastes a bit more robust and slightly bitter in places. I may have used too hot water, but I’m sure this’ll resteep like a boss like all the other jasmines I’ve tried :)

((Also, topsy turvy mug bc Carrie http://instagram.com/p/nLAb-MSALx/))

Thank you Roswell Strange for sharing this with me. I think I am starting to accept some florals into my life and this is one I am actually happy to have tried. It has a sweetness to it while still remaining calming and fresh. It is very nice. Perhaps I will do a side-by-side taste test and compare it to Nina’s take on Jasmine and see how they measure up.