Silk Dragon Jasmine (organic)

Green Tea
Flowers, Grass
Edit tea info Last updated by Kittenna

• “I needed a little calm and tranquility to settle my head since it's just being pulled in so many directions right now and I'm so stressed out. I also wanted to get in my 'two new daily teas', or at...” Read full tasting note
    roswellstrange 1167 tasting notes
  • “Continuing on the finishing of samples, this one is out. I don't really like this at all. It's WAY too strongly jasmine to the point it just completely overpowers the green tea. I couldn't even...” Read full tasting note
    pandamanda 1195 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown, 173. I got samples of this from I think multiple people (who were not fans of jasmine and trying to get rid of it I think), though I can't remember from whom. Sorry, swap parterners, and...” Read full tasting note
    dinosara 1846 tasting notes
  • “I got this as a sample with an order a long time ago. Smells like strong jasmine. Thankfully, it does not taste as strong. It is not overy perfumed, but it does have that silky mouthfeel. This...” Read full tasting note
    tigress_al 767 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

A magical scent

Made from premium green tea, our Silk Dragon is a limited-edition treasure. To create it, night-blooming jasmine is gathered in the morning and kept cool all day. In the evening, when the flowers burst open and release their scent, they are placed with the tea until midnight. This is repeated with fresh flowers over the course of five nights, infusing the tea with a most magical flavour.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Thank you Roswell Strange for sharing this with me. I think I am starting to accept some florals into my life and this is one I am actually happy to have tried. It has a sweetness to it while still remaining calming and fresh. It is very nice. Perhaps I will do a side-by-side taste test and compare it to Nina’s take on Jasmine and see how they measure up.

I have a newfound love for jasmine teas. This one from DAVIDsTEA particularly caught my attention because of their process, so I decided to order a 50g bag. I was taken back (and quite frankly a little nervous) to find that it smelled of the ocean upon opening. And not good ocean, but fishy ocean? Anyone else?

The first cup was good. I enjoyed it. Not as much as other jasmine teas. But I enjoyed it. Quite bitter at the end, I probably over-steeped. Green teas I find to be just as good the second steep, sometimes even better, but this one did nothing for me the second round. Very very bland.

Wouldn’t order this again. Too overpriced for what it is. I surprisingly liked Teavana’s Jasmine Oolong way better and I’m really not a fan of Teavana, so that says a lot. I guess I am just trying to live up to my first jasmine experience of Numi’s Green Jasmine sigh A tough one to live up to….good luck to the next brand.

I’m so sad right now.

The first time I drank this tea, I fell in love with it. This was my first experience in a long time with a jasmine tea (my first experiences go way back when I hadn’t been introduced to loose leaf tea yet so I had no idea what was going on lol) and I loved it. Some people have said it tastes like perfume, but to me it’s just perfect. I don’t feel the jasmine is overpowering, I think it’s just a nice touch.

So why am I so sad right now ? I only had 2 servings of this tea (I bought a 12 sachet box with 6 different teas in it) and this was my last one. I let it steep for only 3 minutes but the water I put in must have been too hot for a green tea (still not used to that… and my kettle is quite basic) and now it’s super bitter. I’m so sad. I can still taste the nice jasmine touch, but the aftertaste is horribly bitter. :( I’m still rating it high because I remember my first try… mmm… yummy…

I couldn’t let it go to waste though, so I finished it. And I’ll try a re-steep even though I’m pretty sure it’s all ruined. I can’t let it go.

Re-steep : oh ! not as good as it’s supposed to be, but way less bitter… I can enjoy the jasmine again, yay ! :)

Yummy!

155 °F / 68 °C

Jasmine green tea is my utmost favourite tea, and it makes me very sad when I come across one that either doesn’t taste like jasmine, or simply doesn’t do it justice. (I’m one for floral, floral, floral — I can’t get enough of that delicate aroma and “clean” taste)

The taste of jasmine is in this one, but for some reason it is peculiarly bitter to the point that it skewers both the taste of the green and the jasmine taste. It’s just an astringent bitter flavour.

I agree with other people about drinking it cold. It is easier to recognise the flower taste then.

Backlog:

A really nicely scented jasmine tea. Sweet, soft jasmine … exotically floral but not overpowering … this is just a really pleasant jasmine. Nothing fancy … just a lovely jasmine tea.

brewed up a cup of this. i think it might be a touch stale (not davidstea’s fault! my bag was left open for an unknown amount of time)
not bad. nice jasmine. i let it steep too long, though, so not rating it yet.

170 °F / 76 °C

I’m a huge fan of Chinese jasmine green teas and this one is so yummy. I didn’t find the jasmine to be overpowering. This is my favourite tea to have in the morning.

I don’t like the strong taste of green tea and this one has it. But I’m giving it an ok rating, because I like the jasmine taste in it and it’s okay for me.

I prefer this jasmine scented green over others that I’ve tried. The Jasmine doesn’t overpower the cup (unless your water is too hot – then you’ll get a mouth full of flowers). For my palette it is the perfect balance of jasmine and green tea.