Silk Dragon Jasmine (organic)

Green Tea
Organic Jasmine Green Tea
Earth, Green, Herbaceous, Jasmine, Pine, Vegetal, Grass, Floral, Smooth, Flowers, Grapes
Loose Leaf, Sachet
Fair Trade, Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

2 Images

A magical scent

Made from premium green tea, our Silk Dragon is a limited-edition treasure. To create it, night-blooming jasmine is gathered in the morning and kept cool all day. In the evening, when the flowers burst open and release their scent, they are placed with the tea until midnight. This is repeated with fresh flowers over the course of five nights, infusing the tea with a most magical flavour.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This is one of my favorite green teas.

I am not a fan of green teas as much as other teas, call it my palate, call it blasphemy from a person who is easily labeled as a tea fanatic, but I simply call it the truth. Yet the tea from the first taste is bittersweet reminding of the world of a family I once read that were faced with the same sweet and bitter battle about their own lives in trying to find the balance between the gain in the lost.

The books recommended for this tea are: The Deep End of the Ocean by Jacquelyn Mitchard (the family I mentioned in the tea note) and Hotel on the Corner of Bitter & Sweet by Jamie Ford.

This is the first tea I ever bought in loose leaf form, or brewed myself. Tried this as an iced tea in the store, and was sold. 4 oz. Brought it home but did not make it until a couple nights ago. The taste is herbaceous and vegetal, and reminds me of being outdoors in the woods. The first hot sip was heavenly and very comforting, and I was pleased to find that even a slightly long steep time did not make the flavor overly harsh. Even as it cooled, the flavor was still wonderful. I managed to get two additional steepings from my leaves, with a gradual mellowing of flavor occurring on each re-steep.

Flavors: Earth, Green, Herbaceous, Jasmine, Pine, Vegetal

5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

For some reason I totally keep forgetting to write this tasting note…probably because It was a massive disappointment. xD
I was expecting it at the very least to just be a normal jasmine tea. But no.
It hardly tasted like jasmine. They went superrr light on the jasmine and it was mainly just grass flavor. Which is why I don’t drink green teas since I don’t like grass flavors. xD
So yeah, this one was awful. Jasmine Butterfly WAYYYYY better! One of the best Jasmine teas of all time in my book. At least so far! So like a year and a half in officially :P
Anywho, Liquid Proust sent me such a generous sample of this one which was so sweet-and thank you soo much for that! Really was very nice of you. But this one wasn’t my cup of tea…soo yeah. :/ Donut worry though! I will try my best to find a good home for it when I can!

Flavors: Grass, Jasmine, Vegetal

Liquid Proust

Hopefully you were able to tell that the tea was fresh too which says something about the quality. I was disappointed by it myself.

No wonder you sent me so much, Liquid Proust! XD

I’m sure you will find a better jasmine tea ;)

If I were to rate the tea overall it would lose points because of appearence and lack of consistency, however I rate on flavor and quality within the brewed cup: This tea is a more mellow/milder cup of a floral jasmine green tea. The green tea is even more mellow which disappoints because if the green tea overpowers the notes of floral in a tea I tend to like it more. Some might like this more than others but it was not a tea for me.

This is the first loose leaf tea I had and basically what started me in tea drinking. Decided to pick some up the other day because jasmine teas have always been my favorite.

Sadly, this is not as good as I remembered. I prefer a stronger jasmine, but this tastes like mostly green tea and a small bit of jasmine. It also got bitter since I left it in my travel mug longer than I was supposed to. It does seem like there are some small dusty bits in tea, which may have contributed to the bitterness and stronger green tea taste. Will not be buying more of this when I finish the bag – I have found much better jasmine green teas both in terms of taste and value.

Slightly bitter green tea, but the jasmine scent is nice, not too weak. I steep it multiple times at work, it is best after the third steeping.

Flavors: Jasmine

Quite bitter. Pretty good mouthfeel. The sweetness of the jasmine is hidden by the bitterness of the brew. Maybe I should try to infuse at a lower temperature next time

Silky smooth and sophisticated. The taste of jasmine definitely predominates. But, the quality green tea base still shines through. This was a sample I received, and I like it so much, I’m planning to buy a tin. It makes me feel serene, like a spa in a cup.

185 °F / 85 °C 3 min, 0 sec 3 g 10 OZ / 295 ML

Day 18 of the advent calendar. I should be vacuuming my house but I’m procrastinating by watching “In the Kitchen” and having a cup of this tea. I used to love jasmine green tea but lately I haven’t been able to tolerate jasmine as well as I used to. It’s just not agreeing with me for some reason. Luckily, the jasmine in this tea is mild and doesn’t seem to be giving me a problem. I like it. A good, smooth green tea!

Flavors: Green, Jasmine

Day 18 of my David’s Tea advent calendar:

Mmmmmm jasmine. I love jasmine. I’m enjoying this on a cozy day off, while sitting in the sunbeam that shines into my living room in the early afternoon. If you don’t like jasmine then this probably isn’t the tea for you, but I’m personally a huge fan of both jasmine and straight green tea. The floral taste is quite strong, so I would definitely recommend a fairly short steep time. On the second infusion it tastes quite similar to the ridiculously priced Jasmine Dragon Phoenix Pearls from Teavana that I love so much, only with a touch more bitterness. Maybe I’ll settle and start buying this one instead.

Flavors: Floral, Grass, Green, Jasmine

1 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

I soo want to buy this one again – but I need to use up some more teas before purchasing anymore.

I know the feeling! I’ve been neglecting to buy my favourites for a while now in an attempt to decrease my collection.