Silk Dragon Jasmine (organic)

Green Tea
Organic Jasmine Green Tea
Green, Jasmine, Floral, Grass, Smooth, Flowers, Grapes
Loose Leaf, Sachet
Medium
Fair Trade, Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

2 Images

• “I needed a little calm and tranquility to settle my head since it's just being pulled in so many directions right now and I'm so stressed out. I also wanted to get in my 'two new daily teas', or at...” Read full tasting note
    roswellstrange 2265 tasting notes
  • “Continuing on the finishing of samples, this one is out. I don't really like this at all. It's WAY too strongly jasmine to the point it just completely overpowers the green tea. I couldn't even...” Read full tasting note
    pandamanda 1212 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown, 173. I got samples of this from I think multiple people (who were not fans of jasmine and trying to get rid of it I think), though I can't remember from whom. Sorry, swap parterners, and...” Read full tasting note
    dinosara 2031 tasting notes
  • “I got this as a sample with an order a long time ago. Smells like strong jasmine. Thankfully, it does not taste as strong. It is not overy perfumed, but it does have that silky mouthfeel. This...” Read full tasting note
    tigress_al 818 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

A magical scent

Made from premium green tea, our Silk Dragon is a limited-edition treasure. To create it, night-blooming jasmine is gathered in the morning and kept cool all day. In the evening, when the flowers burst open and release their scent, they are placed with the tea until midnight. This is repeated with fresh flowers over the course of five nights, infusing the tea with a most magical flavour.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Jasmine green tea is my utmost favourite tea, and it makes me very sad when I come across one that either doesn’t taste like jasmine, or simply doesn’t do it justice. (I’m one for floral, floral, floral — I can’t get enough of that delicate aroma and “clean” taste)

The taste of jasmine is in this one, but for some reason it is peculiarly bitter to the point that it skewers both the taste of the green and the jasmine taste. It’s just an astringent bitter flavour.

I agree with other people about drinking it cold. It is easier to recognise the flower taste then.

Backlog:

A really nicely scented jasmine tea. Sweet, soft jasmine … exotically floral but not overpowering … this is just a really pleasant jasmine. Nothing fancy … just a lovely jasmine tea.

brewed up a cup of this. i think it might be a touch stale (not davidstea’s fault! my bag was left open for an unknown amount of time)
not bad. nice jasmine. i let it steep too long, though, so not rating it yet.

170 °F / 76 °C

I’m a huge fan of Chinese jasmine green teas and this one is so yummy. I didn’t find the jasmine to be overpowering. This is my favourite tea to have in the morning.

I don’t like the strong taste of green tea and this one has it. But I’m giving it an ok rating, because I like the jasmine taste in it and it’s okay for me.

I prefer this jasmine scented green over others that I’ve tried. The Jasmine doesn’t overpower the cup (unless your water is too hot – then you’ll get a mouth full of flowers). For my palette it is the perfect balance of jasmine and green tea.

A very solid aromatic Jasmine.

My second favourite green tea – love the jasmine in this

Just as it says, jasmine green tea. As consistent as the last jasmine green tea I had, which was probably from Adagio Teas.

It is generally a great tea. Smooth with a bit of a strong bitterness, which I would expect combining green tea with jasmine.

It is not a tea I would drink all the time, but it is a great tea despite.

Day 59 of my 101 days of DAVIDsTEA. One-and-a-bit tsp inside a teaball for my… larger (not big/oversized, but still bigger than average) mug.

This is one of my dad’s favourite teas. He’s been trying forever to find a great green jasmine, and this is among his favourites — much preferred over the dragon pearls.

I seem to be of the opposite view. While this tea wasn’t bad, it wasn’t as good in my estimation. I found the jasmine to be a little strong, and there wasn’t as much of the tea coming through — it wasn’t balanced enough for me.

It also didn’t resteep as good as Dragon Pearls — I can’t nurse it as long and that’s disappointing.

Still not a bad tea, just not my favourite jasmine green from DAVIDs.