Champagne

White Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Dorothy

From DAVIDsTEA

Pop your cork

This elegant blend pairs the most delicate of teas with the most refined of sparkling wines. And when Chinese white tea meets champagne and raspberries, the flavour will go straight to your head. Its sparkling grape and berry flavour is perfectly balanced by light notes of safflower. Sip hot or iced – from a teacup or champagne flute – and toast the good life as you feast on mild brie, berries and milk chocolate.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Still drinking this, I’ve gone through about 2/3 of my 100g tea pouch. Its a very light tea, so it really fills up the pouch. If one were to get this in a tin, they would have to provide an “overflow” pouch as well.

Its very light and has a bit of sweetness to it. Not overly sweet, just enough to make the drink a more interesting.

This is just a follow up note. See my previous one for more tasting notes.

What an interesting tea… I can’t really decide if I like it or not?!?! The smell that comes off of the loose leaves is a light green vegetable smell with hints of raspberry. It smells good to me, but I was expecting more of a grape smell. Plenty of whole leaves here very pretty!

After the steep, the liquor is a pale, pale, golden color, the smell is more vegetable now, with a hint of fizz? Not sure how they do that but it is interesting!

The first taste, was sweet! Much sweeter than I thought it was going to be. That is why I love tea, lots and lots of surprises! Anyways, after the first taste it left a floral taste in my mouth, and then just a touch of astringency which I definitely was not expecting that from a white tea.

After a few more sips I can taste a bit of juiciness from the berries and just a hint of grape, but mainly I get sweetness, and floral notes, with a bit of greenness. Even after finishing the cup and on the second one, I still just don’t know if I really like the mix?!?! I don’t know how many more cups I will drink. Might have to try this another day.

Champagne Tea is my favourite White tea. It is so nice an light with a bit of a zing in your mouth. I hope this one stays around.

Thanks again to aisling of tea and De for sharing a sample of this with me.

This tea brews up soft light, and there’s an intensely floral/fruity smell to it. I can smell raspberries and grapes, but there’s also some rose (?) going on. Not quite sure how to put my finger on it.

Anyways, the taste is quite similar: floral and fruity, though I suspect the fruit would be even more apparent if I added some sweetener.

A nice way to start off Sunday morning: a very fragrant, soft tea. Unfortunately, this tea appears to be discontinued, so I wouldn’t be able to restock it if I wanted to.

Did not care for this one.

This is possibly my favourite tea from DavidsTea – it’s delicate, but still flavourful, and the leaves can be resteeped at least four or five times, with a slightly different flavour each time.