Jumpy Monkey

Yerba maté Tea
Almonds, Carob, Clove, Cocoa Nibs, Coffee Beans, Oat Straw, Red Clover, Roasted Yerba Mate, White Chocolate
Espresso, Wood
High
Edit tea info Last updated by VariaTEA

• “Sipdown!! (198) I actually searched "sipdown" when I tried to find this tea. Luckily I realized what I was doing and was able to find the tea. Though I enjoyed this, I am not particularly sad to...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1848 tasting notes
  • “2-3 TB for a gourd, 1 packet stevia (equals 2 tsp sugar) New batch -- ai! David, what happened?? This is all bitter and harsh, and even extra stevia ain't helping. My darling Jumpy Monkey has...” Read full tasting note
    MButlerHallett 508 tasting notes
  • “Today is one of those days where I have no idea what kind of tea I want to drink. I'm also a little grumpy--apparently there are 3 boxes full of tea waiting for me at the post office, but instead...” Read full tasting note
    Alphakitty 470 tasting notes
  • “If you subconsciously associate the "Chunky Monkey" ice cream from Ben & Jerry's with this tea, well... Try not to. I had a visions of a sweet almond caramel nutty tea, maybe even banana. You...” Read full tasting note
    Littleelle 263 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

This brew uses ingredients from the Rain Forest Alliance to give you a tasty boost. It combines freshly roasted peaberry coffee beans with Argentine maté, and laces them with almonds, white chocolate and other roasted barks and roots. The result is deliciously satisfying. And by buying this rainforest product, you’ll be fighting global warming and helping the monkeys. No wonder they say maté makes you efficient.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Thanks Finn88! I LOVE the flavor of this tea. I’m getting coffee, almonds, and a little sweetness from the chocolate. These flavors blend so well together and it’s not overpowering. The flavors are light but there enough there to have a nice cup :] Thanks again!

Finn88

Im glad you liked it. For me it was just so so…always glad when someone gets it and enjoys it more than i did.

Jumpy Monkey turned me into a Jumpy Julie.

I believe this is the first Yerba Maté I’ve ever tried/had and the first tea I’ve had with coffee beans in it. It came in the little set of tiny tins that I bought, otherwise I may have not bothered with it. I decided to try it this afternoon because I felt like I needed that extra punch. I don’t drink coffee for a reason and that’s because I’m way too sensitive to it. Bad idea? Maybe. I was trying to focus on calculating a few numbers and it was totally jitterville.

Taste wise, it wasn’t bad. Kind of smooth, sweet, and woodsy/toasty/smokey? I was surprised that I did not hate it. Maybe I’ll turn it into a latte next time to try it out.

Ehh. Brewed this last night to help me stay up during my overnight shift. Smelled delicious, like a combination of coffee and chocolate. Took the first sip expecting it to be delicious, but it had some sort of weird smokey aftertaste that didn’t sit well with me. Also, once it cooled it was downgraded from okay to absolutely disgusting. Note to self: when chasing after patients in the hallway, make sure you don’t let your tea get cold. Overall, not one of my favorites from David’s Tea.

Oy. I do not like this at all. The is the first mate I’ve had, and perhaps the last. Smelled strongly of coffee and something else I couldn’t identify. Tasted really bitter and woody. Not worth drinking for me.

Azzrian

Awee sorry that this did not settle with you but don’t give up on mate! I had a wonderful one today with pistachio and lime that was SO yummy – nothing like coffee!

Rebecca Lynn

Pistachio and lime — I’d never think of putting those two together!

OH MY GOSH! So one day at work I needed a little (actually a HUGE) pick-me-up, because I was literally falling asleep at my register. So on my break I went across the street to the mall and decided to get this tea, i wasnt that pleased with the smell but I thought it would taste a bit better. Okay so no. So it kinda smelled like vomit mixed with fish food and dirt. I left it in the staff room and everyone asked what that terrible smell was… Never again. No offence to the people that actually enjoy it, it may just be me.

I got a few of my samples mixed up, but I’m pretty sure this one is from cheetah_pita (correct me if I’m wrong!)

I’ve only ever had one mate blend and I’ve haven’t ever had coffee in my tea (though I’m looking forward to the coffee puerh that shmiracles sent)

This is surprisingly better than I thought it would be. It’s very roasty, like a roasted oolong, but its a mate. There is a pleasant sweetness buried under the roast (it’s almost like licorice), but I’m not picking up on the coffee. I don’t know if I like it enough to repurchase, but maybe.

I decided to head to David’s Tea today to try out one of the teas on my wishlist. Since they were out of my first choice this sounded particularily interesting to me despite the reviews. I love animals (inspecific monkey’s), I love Chocolate, I love Coffee, I love Tea! Simple! :)

It smells like a Rooibos tea – probably because it is – and looks light greenish brown in colour. The flavour I am having trouble explaining. At first sip I LOVED this tea. I did have them add a little agave for sweetness because thats how I take my Rooibos and Black tea’s. Steeped it for a little longer aswell so I could really taste the flavours in this.

It’s kind of like a nutty-light hot chocolate, smooth with a hint of coffee. I am truly inlove and definitely will be returning for a bag of this loose leaf tea! YUMM!

I’ll start this off by saying that I’ve never tasted a maté that I’ve liked, nor am I a fan of coffee. Needless to say, I was not thrilled when I received this as one of the free samples I received with my Boxing Day haul. Despite this, I decided to give it a go. It was surprisingly drinkable!

The leaves have a nice coffee smell and there are several coffee beans visible. When brewed it had a light amber color and smelled mostly of coffee with hints of maté in the background. The flavor was not unpleasant and would likely be very pleasant to someone who actually enjoys coffee and maté. That someone is just not me.

If you enjoy maté and/or coffee, definitely try this out!!

I’ve been so wary of trying this tea since it supposedly tastes like coffee. I love coffee, but teas that taste like coffee have disappointed me in the past… I desperately wanted something to wake me up, so when I went to DAVIDsTEA over the weekend, I picked up Jumpy Monkey at last.

It doesn’t really have much of a scent, but I do smell earthy, and I do smell a bit of coffee. The taste is not very strong at all, even having steeped it for about 5 minutes. It has a light coffee-earthy-nutty taste. No acidity whatsoever. I kind of wish it had a bit more flavour to it, though. It’s really bland.

As for its “jumpy” properties…. I was nodding off at work, and it seems to have done the job :) I’ll give the taste some time. Hopefully it will grow on me!

It’s a good thing I got a sample of this tea, otherwise I would never buy it.

The tea is nicely smooth, bright and woody, good for the blend it is in.

The coffee, on the other hand, can be bitter. Because I’m not a coffee drinker, this did not sit well with me.

Maybe with some rock sugar, the coffee would taste better, probably some milk would rid the bitterness. But with no sugar and no milk, this does not taste good.