Jumpy Monkey

Yerba maté Tea
Almonds, Carob, Clove, Cocoa Nibs, Coffee Beans, Oat Straw, Red Clover, Roasted Yerba Mate, White Chocolate
Espresso, Wood
High
Edit tea info Last updated by VariaTEA

• “Sipdown!! (198) I actually searched "sipdown" when I tried to find this tea. Luckily I realized what I was doing and was able to find the tea. Though I enjoyed this, I am not particularly sad to...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1813 tasting notes
  • “2-3 TB for a gourd, 1 packet stevia (equals 2 tsp sugar) New batch -- ai! David, what happened?? This is all bitter and harsh, and even extra stevia ain't helping. My darling Jumpy Monkey has...” Read full tasting note
    MButlerHallett 508 tasting notes
  • “Today is one of those days where I have no idea what kind of tea I want to drink. I'm also a little grumpy--apparently there are 3 boxes full of tea waiting for me at the post office, but instead...” Read full tasting note
    Alphakitty 470 tasting notes
  • “If you subconsciously associate the "Chunky Monkey" ice cream from Ben & Jerry's with this tea, well... Try not to. I had a visions of a sweet almond caramel nutty tea, maybe even banana. You...” Read full tasting note
    Littleelle 263 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

This brew uses ingredients from the Rain Forest Alliance to give you a tasty boost. It combines freshly roasted peaberry coffee beans with Argentine maté, and laces them with almonds, white chocolate and other roasted barks and roots. The result is deliciously satisfying. And by buying this rainforest product, you’ll be fighting global warming and helping the monkeys. No wonder they say maté makes you efficient.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Looking at the ingredients, I guess the goal was to make this tea taste like chocolate and coffee. It kind of worked! It tastes more like mate tea mixed with coffee and the chocolate flavor, is more like carob, but there is a slight sweetness that brings those flavors together. I must admit, that it has a great tea body that is smooth and very satisfying.

One of my favourites from David’s. The flavours are subtler than similar blends like Chocolate Rocket, but I like the summery lightness of it, and I find it tastes better iced than other chocolate-hinted blends.

I adore Mate and I adore coffee-esque teas. I like this, it’s good, it’s not my favorite example of this type of tea, but there really isn’t much wrong with it.
It’s a bit “thin” for my taste, not robust enough, just a bit flat. Maybe not enough mate in the mix and too much other stuff. I will certainly enjoy the bag that I have, but I don’t feel that it will make my “must have” list.

I got a cup of this the other day at my local David’s Tea, and had really high hopes. I wanted to like it, really badly. I just really, really didn’t. The best part about this tea (to me) was the caffeine boost. The taste was really fat— it filled my mouth, just without real flavour. It was bitter, and borderline unpleasant. This is one I will certainly not re-buy!

I got this maté as a sample with one of my orders and I have to say I’m glad I only had a sample of this instead of a full order. The second I opened up the packet I was turned off by the smell. Decided I’d give it a shot and steeped it for 5 and a half mins at 208 F. It was painful trying to get through a cup of this.

I hate this. It has a nasty taste – as if you steeped hay from a horse’s barn. No chocolate or coffee taste at all.

I was a little disappointed in the taste – I thought it would taste more chocolate/mocha-y, but it definitely did the trick for a morning boost.

Tried this one this morning. It was ok. Smelled better than it tasted. Tried it on it’s own and then with a little cream and sugar. Liked it better with cream and sugar, but still not my favorite mate. Sort of reminiscent of coffee in scent alone. Not a ton of flavor to it.

I received this tea as a Christmas gift, which is good because I never would have picked it out myself (the ingredients don’t exactly draw me in). The biggest impression I get from this tea is that of warmth. The woodsy mate combined with a slightly burnt coffee taste give a very cozy, warming sensation. This tea is very suited to someone who lives where winters get to -45 degrees celsius, like me ;) It really takes the chill out, and definitely peps you up.