Jumpy Monkey

Yerba maté Tea
Almonds, Carob, Chicory, Coffee Beans, Green Yerba Mate, Roasted Yerba Mate, Vanilla Flavour, White Chocolate
Chocolate, Coffee, Cream, Grass, Hay, Sweet, White Chocolate, Espresso, Wood
High
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

3 Images

• “Sipdown!! (198) I actually searched "sipdown" when I tried to find this tea. Luckily I realized what I was doing and was able to find the tea. Though I enjoyed this, I am not particularly sad to...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 2015 tasting notes
  • “2-3 TB for a gourd, 1 packet stevia (equals 2 tsp sugar) New batch -- ai! David, what happened?? This is all bitter and harsh, and even extra stevia ain't helping. My darling Jumpy Monkey has...” Read full tasting note
    MButlerHallett 519 tasting notes
  • “Today is one of those days where I have no idea what kind of tea I want to drink. I'm also a little grumpy--apparently there are 3 boxes full of tea waiting for me at the post office, but instead...” Read full tasting note
    Alphakitty 470 tasting notes
  • “If you subconsciously associate the "Chunky Monkey" ice cream from Ben & Jerry's with this tea, well... Try not to. I had a visions of a sweet almond caramel nutty tea, maybe even banana. You...” Read full tasting note
    Littleelle 276 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

This brew gives you a tasty boost with a unique combination of exotic ingredients. It combines four types of coffee beans with Argentinian maté, and laces them with carob, white chocolate and chicory. The result is sweet, rich and deliciously satisfying. Plus it’s a sweet treat you can enjoy guilt-free, since this blend has virtually no calories. No wonder they say maté makes you efficient.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Just a little bit of backlog; I spent all Saturday out with my friend Kristina, and then yesterday I worked in the morning and promptly fell asleep when I got home so now, since I have the day off, it looks like it’s an appropriate time to log tasting notes. Man, it’s 9AM and it just feels so wrong that I’m wide awake. But that’s what I get for passing out on the couch at 8PM yesterday…

So lets get into my Saturday, shall we? Kristina was supposed to get in from Regina at 11:00 so I was going to meet her downtown at 11:30, but in order to get ready, shower and stuff and catch the bus in time I needed to get up at approx. 9:00 so that’s when I had my alarm set for. So I ended up waking up on my own thinking I was up before the alarm had gone off; I casually checked what my phone for the time and what time was it? 11:00. I fucked up. Apparently, I had my phone on vibrate so I wound up sleeping through the alarm. So I got ready stupidly fast; no time for showers or tea or really even like brushing my hair? And I had to take a taxi to meet her; even still I wound up being late. She was cool about it though. I guess she just knows me and what to expect, at this point…

We met up at DAVIDsTEA because it’s a good meeting place, and it’s close to the Bus Depot downtown; and Thank God we did ‘cause no tea in the morning or prepared To Go? That’s terrible! So, I met up with Kristina and we caught up on what was new with her life since moving back to Regina over a hot latte. I picked this one; mate is pretty well the only way to start off a busy day out.

This was pretty decent; you could really taste the coffee in it alongside the very roasty mate, which is sort of coffee like on its own too. There are so many different kinds of coffee beans in this though; and I am so vastly unknowledgable when it comes to coffee, so there’s no way I was able to pick up the differences between them all. I also was able to pick up on notes of vanilla and white chocolate among the creamy, frothy milk. Mmm! Man do I love lattes. I also feel like I very slightly tasted the chicory and some nuttiness, but mostly I think that was drowned by the milk.

But this definitely significantly jump started my day, which was the intent. And man, what a day it was! So much was packed into the day! It was fun though, and I look forward to elaborating in tasting notes to come!

EDIT: Should probably point out this was obviously with the new formula.

To be fair, I’m not a huge fan of Mate, but this one looked far too intriguing to pass up on my previous (and first!) order from DavidsTea. Coffee beans? White Chocolate? What’s not to love?? Ultimately, though, this tea fails to deliver (although if you’re looking for a great caffeine kick outside traditional coffee, look no further). Oh, and I should mention this is the “New and improved” blend as of the time of this writing. I wouldn’t say “don’t buy this tea”, and I do think it’s worth trying, but you should manage your expectations with this one. It’s a unique flavor experience, it’ll kick you awake, it’s just likely not something you’ll look forward to very often.

Flavors: Coffee

Dry Leaf Nose: Coffee is the strongest aroma with hints of chicory and carob

Liquor: The slightly cloudy brown reminiscent of coffee

Flavour: Prominent coffee flavour with slight hints of carob and chicory. Vanilla provides some sweetness.

My friends have been crazy over DT for over a year now but I was yet to hop onto the wagon. So the other day I had finally decided to try it. Myself being a coffee drinker I am definitely used to bolder flavors but that is not to say that I think tea in general is bland. Lately I’ve been drinking Tazo’s organic chai and find that it is very spicy and that it brews fairly strongly, which is what I like. That’s why I was so surprised by how weak David’s Tea is. Jumpy Monkey in particular.. It tastes like murky coffee filter water that comes out when the machine goes through a cleaning cycle! And the color of the tea just looked like chicken bouillon to me. However aromatic Jumpy Monkey smells in the container, that certainly is not how this tea tasted. I feel the same about the DT chais I had purchased. David’s Teas smell good and so enticing, and that’s why I think they’ve done so well. Sad to say I won’t be going back there.

8 min or more 2 tsp 12 OZ / 350 ML

This tea has always been around but I never really thought much of it because the thought of coffee in my tea just didn’t appeal to me. I LOVE coffee and I LOVE tea but I wasn’t sure if they were to go together. As a gift I received the Tiramisu combo tea pack and Coffee Purreh is one of the teas included. After using the combo pack I had a little bit of coffee purreh left so I tried it and fell in love. I have stuck to it for months and months EVERY day. So yesterday when I was at David’s tea the lady told me if you love coffee and chocolate you’ll like this blend. Just made myself a cup and instantly had to jump on steepster to give it a fabulous review! I think I’ve found my new favourite.. Thanks David!!

Flavors: Coffee, White Chocolate

I’m still not sure regarding this tea. I got a sampler from DavidsTea mostly for the caffeine intake as i’m not the greatest of coffee peoples. But it just doesn’t really taste like tea. I made sure the second time to brew only to the required temp, but i accidentally oversteeped it and put a little too much sugar (yes i’m one of those people, but it’s amazing what flavours half a tsp of sugar can bring out in teas). It’s ok. Just ok. I like the undertones of the coffee, but it’s nothing particularly special. Perhaps a third brew with the right amount of sugar will give me a better understanding.

Ok, at first I really HATED that tea. Reading the ingredients, it seemed to be a good energizing blend that would taste like coffee, almond and white chocolate, miamm, sounded good! But when you let it steep according to what it says on the label, it’s just like cloves and wood steeped in water, so agressive and bitter.
Today I felt kind of down and I wanted a good tea I wasnt used to drink, so I gave Jumpy Monky a 16th chance by steeping it only a minute and a half and it was actually good! Not even only more drinkable, but I would definetely drink it again anytime. The cloves didnt have time to take all the place so I had only light notes of almonds and coffee without that wierd wood taste.
it’s a good one to drink when you feel like having a wake-up drink instead of coffee that tastes different than any classic.

Flavors: Espresso, Wood

Looking at the ingredients, I guess the goal was to make this tea taste like chocolate and coffee. It kind of worked! It tastes more like mate tea mixed with coffee and the chocolate flavor, is more like carob, but there is a slight sweetness that brings those flavors together. I must admit, that it has a great tea body that is smooth and very satisfying.

One of my favourites from David’s. The flavours are subtler than similar blends like Chocolate Rocket, but I like the summery lightness of it, and I find it tastes better iced than other chocolate-hinted blends.