Jumpy Monkey

Yerba maté Tea
Almonds, Carob, Chicory, Green Yerba Mate, Roasted Yerba Mate, Vanilla Flavour, White Chocolate
Coffee, White Chocolate, Espresso, Wood
High
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

2 Images

• “Sipdown!! (198) I actually searched "sipdown" when I tried to find this tea. Luckily I realized what I was doing and was able to find the tea. Though I enjoyed this, I am not particularly sad to...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1877 tasting notes
  • “2-3 TB for a gourd, 1 packet stevia (equals 2 tsp sugar) New batch -- ai! David, what happened?? This is all bitter and harsh, and even extra stevia ain't helping. My darling Jumpy Monkey has...” Read full tasting note
    MButlerHallett 510 tasting notes
  • “Today is one of those days where I have no idea what kind of tea I want to drink. I'm also a little grumpy--apparently there are 3 boxes full of tea waiting for me at the post office, but instead...” Read full tasting note
    Alphakitty 470 tasting notes
  • “If you subconsciously associate the "Chunky Monkey" ice cream from Ben & Jerry's with this tea, well... Try not to. I had a visions of a sweet almond caramel nutty tea, maybe even banana. You...” Read full tasting note
    Littleelle 268 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

This brew gives you a tasty boost with a unique combination of exotic ingredients. It combines four types of coffee beans with Argentinian maté, and laces them with carob, white chocolate and chicory. The result is sweet, rich and deliciously satisfying. Plus it’s a sweet treat you can enjoy guilt-free, since this blend has virtually no calories. No wonder they say maté makes you efficient.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I was a little disappointed in the taste – I thought it would taste more chocolate/mocha-y, but it definitely did the trick for a morning boost.

Tried this one this morning. It was ok. Smelled better than it tasted. Tried it on it’s own and then with a little cream and sugar. Liked it better with cream and sugar, but still not my favorite mate. Sort of reminiscent of coffee in scent alone. Not a ton of flavor to it.

I received this tea as a Christmas gift, which is good because I never would have picked it out myself (the ingredients don’t exactly draw me in). The biggest impression I get from this tea is that of warmth. The woodsy mate combined with a slightly burnt coffee taste give a very cozy, warming sensation. This tea is very suited to someone who lives where winters get to -45 degrees celsius, like me ;) It really takes the chill out, and definitely peps you up.

I, too, was afraid that this tea would have a bitter taste to it, but was pleasantly surprised when I drank it! It’s light and smooth, with a very pleasant aftertaste! I will definitely be getting more of this tea to keep around when I feel the need to be extra-productive!

I was looking through some mate teas to try out and this jumped out at me (haha, no pun intended). Took it to work for some pre-work teatime. The taste reminds me of somewhat like a cross between a barley tea and roasted green tea. Very delicious. It has a smooth aftertaste which makes sipping this tea all the more easier. I will definitely buy again.

I’ll admit that I was majorly turned off by the smell, both dry & steeped. It had a weird coffee-y smell, & I don’t really like coffee unless it’s a mocha. However, this tastes nice. I guess it’s what coffee tastes like without the bitter kick. Very mellow, the coffee beans & mate blend nicely. Has a coffee/green taste, which sounds weird, & it is, but it works. Not sweet, but I didn’t need to add sweetener to drink it either.

Its alright but I much prefer chocolate rocket

It tastes like sadness: enough like coffee to make me crave a cup, but not enough to satisfy that craving.

On opening the package, I could smell the grassy elements in the tea for sure. I was a little wary about the grassiness, as rooibos, in my experience, tends to smell similar to this. I took my infuser out at about the five minute mark. I could taste the coffee, which was predominant, with undertones of chocolate. The finish was a little grassy though. Not sure if I’ll buy it though.