Jumpy Monkey

Yerba maté Tea
Almonds, Carob, Chicory, Coffee Beans, Green Yerba Mate, Roasted Yerba Mate, Vanilla Flavour, White Chocolate
Coffee, Nuts, Nutty, Bitter, Chocolate, Hay, Wood, Cream, Grass, Vanilla, Cocoa, White Chocolate, Sweet, Espresso
High
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

3 Images

From DAVIDsTEA

This brew gives you a tasty boost with a unique combination of exotic ingredients. It combines four types of coffee beans with Argentinian maté, and laces them with carob, white chocolate and chicory. The result is sweet, rich and deliciously satisfying. Plus it’s a sweet treat you can enjoy guilt-free, since this blend has virtually no calories. No wonder they say maté makes you efficient.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Made myself a cup of this when I went to my parent’s house last weekend. I’ve heard often about it but never bought it because I dislike coffee. But. Hey! This is not that bad! And, well, there is white chocolate in it. I would have a white chocolate in anything (almost). A bit bitter but not too much, a bit creamy and chocolatty. Is this how mocha taste? Not bad, not bad.

I wanted to like this, truly. I purchased it hoping it would be more coffee-like. It smells amazing. Sniffing the contents of the bag reminded me of the experience one has when sniffing freshly ground coffee. So, obviously, I had high hopes. I probably should’ve known better. When I want a hot tea in the morning I usually reach for a black tea, straight or flavored. When I want a cold/iced tea in the morning I reach for a maté or a matcha. I think my brain knew that this would end badly. Initially I tried it iced and I couldn’t even finish the glass. I tried it hot with a dash of non-dairy milk, and, while it tasted infinitely better than the iced version, it left me feeling quite underwhelmed. Despite the list of bold/strong ingredients, I found the tea to be quite mild and bland.

I might give Espresso Yourself a try.

Go #2. I’m getting more of the white chocolate coming through, which I like. Still not a lot, but I taste it. I really like that there’s virtually no aftertaste…my mouth feels clean after I’ve swallowed, whereas a lot of teas leave me thinking I really need to swish some water around or brush my teeth.

Flavors: White Chocolate

This was oh so yummy as a wake up tea! I made this one in my new Timolino from Davids. I loved the taste but I think I would’ve liked it better if i had put plain whole milk in instead of a shot of sweet italian cream creamer. This is definitely getting added to my personal tea wall. I bought a bunch to try out to see if they made it in my permanent collection, this one does :)

I bought a cup of this flavor as an indulgence, since I knew it would have a sweet kick to it. There is a good strong coffee flavor to this tea, since there are literal coffee beans in the mix, but the caffeine lift ends up being mostly from the mate tea. This tastes like a sort of grassy version of a coffee late. The white chocolate chips are very sweet and creamy, and the blend is not too bitter overall. It actually errs more on the dusty, green mate flavor side of things more than a true coffee flavor. It was a fun cup to order but too sweet for me to order on a regular basis.

Flavors: Chocolate, Coffee, Cream, Grass, Hay, Sweet

Sipdown (135)!

This review is for the Jumpy Monkey infused White Chocolate Bar carried by DAVIDsTEA.

I’ve had this tea before as a latte, and as far as I can remember it wasn’t too impressive. Kind of run of the mill, actually? However I was still pretty pumped to see it in chocolate bar format at the store yesterday because, first off, I love white chocolate though also because even though I’m not a huge fan of coffee I have a special place in my heart for white chocolate coated coffee beans. My Dad used to buy them and late at night I’d sneak into the kitchen (when I was around eleven) and eat small handfuls out of the bag in the pantry. And of course, I’d have problems falling asleep after that…

However, this is a slight let down if I’m being honest. I mean, the white chocolate is really good! I love the white chocolate that DAVIDsTEA uses for these chocolate bars. The problem, for me, is that it really over powers the flavour of the tea. I’m conflicted by this. One thing I dislike about DAVIDsTEA’s chocolate bars is that the infused chunks are often too large but in this rare occasion I really wanted more large pieces because without them the tea is lost. I wish there was a better way to ensure a more consistent size for the pieces used in these chocolate bars, but I don’t know what the best way to go about finding it would be. However, it does at least seems like DAVIDsTEA is trying to do that because these newer bars do at least seem to consistently use smaller pieces and I know that was something that was really being criticized prior to the change. So I commend them for that.

But without the flavour of the tea, this is just a super expensive white chocolate bar.

VariaTEA

Have you had the Birthday Cake chocolate bar?

Roswell Strange

Yup; liked it a lot more than this one.

VariaTEA

I have one that’s been in my car for like a month lol. I tried it but couldn’t get passed the rooibos pieces. I ordered a santa’s secret one with my Boxing Day order so we’ll see how that goes.

To be fair, I’m not a huge fan of Mate, but this one looked far too intriguing to pass up on my previous (and first!) order from DavidsTea. Coffee beans? White Chocolate? What’s not to love?? Ultimately, though, this tea fails to deliver (although if you’re looking for a great caffeine kick outside traditional coffee, look no further). Oh, and I should mention this is the “New and improved” blend as of the time of this writing. I wouldn’t say “don’t buy this tea”, and I do think it’s worth trying, but you should manage your expectations with this one. It’s a unique flavor experience, it’ll kick you awake, it’s just likely not something you’ll look forward to very often.

Flavors: Coffee

Dry Leaf Nose: Coffee is the strongest aroma with hints of chicory and carob

Liquor: The slightly cloudy brown reminiscent of coffee

Flavour: Prominent coffee flavour with slight hints of carob and chicory. Vanilla provides some sweetness.

My friends have been crazy over DT for over a year now but I was yet to hop onto the wagon. So the other day I had finally decided to try it. Myself being a coffee drinker I am definitely used to bolder flavors but that is not to say that I think tea in general is bland. Lately I’ve been drinking Tazo’s organic chai and find that it is very spicy and that it brews fairly strongly, which is what I like. That’s why I was so surprised by how weak David’s Tea is. Jumpy Monkey in particular.. It tastes like murky coffee filter water that comes out when the machine goes through a cleaning cycle! And the color of the tea just looked like chicken bouillon to me. However aromatic Jumpy Monkey smells in the container, that certainly is not how this tea tasted. I feel the same about the DT chais I had purchased. David’s Teas smell good and so enticing, and that’s why I think they’ve done so well. Sad to say I won’t be going back there.

8 min or more 2 tsp 12 OZ / 350 ML

This tea has always been around but I never really thought much of it because the thought of coffee in my tea just didn’t appeal to me. I LOVE coffee and I LOVE tea but I wasn’t sure if they were to go together. As a gift I received the Tiramisu combo tea pack and Coffee Purreh is one of the teas included. After using the combo pack I had a little bit of coffee purreh left so I tried it and fell in love. I have stuck to it for months and months EVERY day. So yesterday when I was at David’s tea the lady told me if you love coffee and chocolate you’ll like this blend. Just made myself a cup and instantly had to jump on steepster to give it a fabulous review! I think I’ve found my new favourite.. Thanks David!!

Flavors: Coffee, White Chocolate