Jumpy Monkey

Yerba maté Tea
Almonds, Carob, Chicory, Coffee Beans, Green Yerba Mate, Roasted Yerba Mate, Vanilla Flavour, White Chocolate
Cocoa, Coffee, White Chocolate, Chocolate, Cream, Grass, Hay, Sweet, Espresso, Wood
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

3 Images

This brew gives you a tasty boost with a unique combination of exotic ingredients. It combines four types of coffee beans with Argentinian maté, and laces them with carob, white chocolate and chicory. The result is sweet, rich and deliciously satisfying. Plus it’s a sweet treat you can enjoy guilt-free, since this blend has virtually no calories. No wonder they say maté makes you efficient.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I’m still not sure regarding this tea. I got a sampler from DavidsTea mostly for the caffeine intake as i’m not the greatest of coffee peoples. But it just doesn’t really taste like tea. I made sure the second time to brew only to the required temp, but i accidentally oversteeped it and put a little too much sugar (yes i’m one of those people, but it’s amazing what flavours half a tsp of sugar can bring out in teas). It’s ok. Just ok. I like the undertones of the coffee, but it’s nothing particularly special. Perhaps a third brew with the right amount of sugar will give me a better understanding.

Ok, at first I really HATED that tea. Reading the ingredients, it seemed to be a good energizing blend that would taste like coffee, almond and white chocolate, miamm, sounded good! But when you let it steep according to what it says on the label, it’s just like cloves and wood steeped in water, so agressive and bitter.
Today I felt kind of down and I wanted a good tea I wasnt used to drink, so I gave Jumpy Monky a 16th chance by steeping it only a minute and a half and it was actually good! Not even only more drinkable, but I would definetely drink it again anytime. The cloves didnt have time to take all the place so I had only light notes of almonds and coffee without that wierd wood taste.
it’s a good one to drink when you feel like having a wake-up drink instead of coffee that tastes different than any classic.

Flavors: Espresso, Wood

Looking at the ingredients, I guess the goal was to make this tea taste like chocolate and coffee. It kind of worked! It tastes more like mate tea mixed with coffee and the chocolate flavor, is more like carob, but there is a slight sweetness that brings those flavors together. I must admit, that it has a great tea body that is smooth and very satisfying.

One of my favourites from David’s. The flavours are subtler than similar blends like Chocolate Rocket, but I like the summery lightness of it, and I find it tastes better iced than other chocolate-hinted blends.

I adore Mate and I adore coffee-esque teas. I like this, it’s good, it’s not my favorite example of this type of tea, but there really isn’t much wrong with it.
It’s a bit “thin” for my taste, not robust enough, just a bit flat. Maybe not enough mate in the mix and too much other stuff. I will certainly enjoy the bag that I have, but I don’t feel that it will make my “must have” list.

I got a cup of this the other day at my local David’s Tea, and had really high hopes. I wanted to like it, really badly. I just really, really didn’t. The best part about this tea (to me) was the caffeine boost. The taste was really fat— it filled my mouth, just without real flavour. It was bitter, and borderline unpleasant. This is one I will certainly not re-buy!

I got this maté as a sample with one of my orders and I have to say I’m glad I only had a sample of this instead of a full order. The second I opened up the packet I was turned off by the smell. Decided I’d give it a shot and steeped it for 5 and a half mins at 208 F. It was painful trying to get through a cup of this.

I hate this. It has a nasty taste – as if you steeped hay from a horse’s barn. No chocolate or coffee taste at all.

I was a little disappointed in the taste – I thought it would taste more chocolate/mocha-y, but it definitely did the trick for a morning boost.