Jumpy Monkey

Yerba maté Tea
Almonds, Carob, Clove, Cocoa Nibs, Coffee Beans, Oat Straw, Red Clover, Roasted Yerba Mate, White Chocolate
Espresso, Wood
High
Edit tea info Last updated by VariaTEA

• “Sipdown!! (198) I actually searched "sipdown" when I tried to find this tea. Luckily I realized what I was doing and was able to find the tea. Though I enjoyed this, I am not particularly sad to...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1847 tasting notes
  • “2-3 TB for a gourd, 1 packet stevia (equals 2 tsp sugar) New batch -- ai! David, what happened?? This is all bitter and harsh, and even extra stevia ain't helping. My darling Jumpy Monkey has...” Read full tasting note
    MButlerHallett 508 tasting notes
  • “Today is one of those days where I have no idea what kind of tea I want to drink. I'm also a little grumpy--apparently there are 3 boxes full of tea waiting for me at the post office, but instead...” Read full tasting note
    Alphakitty 470 tasting notes
  • “If you subconsciously associate the "Chunky Monkey" ice cream from Ben & Jerry's with this tea, well... Try not to. I had a visions of a sweet almond caramel nutty tea, maybe even banana. You...” Read full tasting note
    Littleelle 263 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

This brew uses ingredients from the Rain Forest Alliance to give you a tasty boost. It combines freshly roasted peaberry coffee beans with Argentine maté, and laces them with almonds, white chocolate and other roasted barks and roots. The result is deliciously satisfying. And by buying this rainforest product, you’ll be fighting global warming and helping the monkeys. No wonder they say maté makes you efficient.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I love the spices in this tea. I accidentally left it and steeped it for about 40 minutes, but when I came back it was ready to be guzzled down. It tasted a bit like a watery mocha (but a good one!). And of course, I’m full of energy. For some reason it reminded me of toothpaste (it didn’t taste like it, it just made me think of toothpaste when I was drinking it). Weird.

200 °F / 93 °C 8 min or more

Every time I drink this I try to appreciate it, but I don’t know what I’m missing. This blend tastes kind of bland, the almond stands out a little bit amidst the straw taste. I’ve been working through 100g of this stuff and I’m still not in love.

This tea smells good, and always leaves me with lots more energy than before. But Jumpy Monkey is so bitter! I can see why it’s suggested for people who love coffee; as I’m not a coffee lover though, I’m not a huge fan. I want to love it as much as my other teas, so I’m hoping that Jumpy Monkey is an acquired tea sort of taste. So maybe after I drink many cups…

I love love love this tea. I generally add sugar to my tea and coffee, and this is the first I don’t have to. It’s smooth, with a light coffee flavor. It’s perfect for those mornings where I need to be awake fast, and have it last. I also like crunching on the coffee beans after it’s done steeping, for an extra kick ;) Definitely nothing compares!!

Loved it. I love the smell of coffee but hate the taste and this tea turned out to be the perfect balance between that coffee smell and taste. It was nice and smooth, not bitter, and best of all I got pleasant surprise with the jolt of energy it gave me.

This is another of my favorite’s from David’s Tea. I love the hint coffee flavor – nothing strong. It also tastes, to me, of one of my favorite chocolate caramel candies that I love. As well, I love looking in the bag and seeing the bits of “coffee bean”, bark, almonds and the smell is divine! I do not get a “buzz” from the mate tea, but hey…I do love the fact that I’m helping to save the monkeys in the rain forest. This must be a popular tea, as the last time I was in the store, they were out! :(

I gave it a shot a few times – I am not a coffee drinker but like the occasional espresso drink before a big meeting, so I thought that this might be a good substitute. Not really my cup of tea though, perhaps it’ll go better for someone who likes the taste of coffee beans.

It was alright. Didn’t really taste like much of anything actually; it wasn’t gross but nor was it wonderful.

It did deliver on it promise to give you a mental boost. The boost isn’t the same as what you’d get on an energy drink, but it did wake me up in a much more subtle and natural way.

I will drink the rest of the baggie I purchased, but I am unsure whether I will purchase more.

Mmmm, it tastes as good as it sounds. Looking in the bin at the store, what an interesting mix. I had mine with milk and sugar, just like dessert!

170 °F / 76 °C