Jumpy Monkey

Yerba maté Tea
Almonds, Carob, Chicory, Coffee Beans, Green Yerba Mate, Roasted Yerba Mate, Vanilla Flavour, White Chocolate
Chocolate, Coffee, Cream, Grass, Hay, Sweet, White Chocolate, Espresso, Wood
High
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

3 Images

• “Sipdown!! (198) I actually searched "sipdown" when I tried to find this tea. Luckily I realized what I was doing and was able to find the tea. Though I enjoyed this, I am not particularly sad to...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 2066 tasting notes
  • “2-3 TB for a gourd, 1 packet stevia (equals 2 tsp sugar) New batch -- ai! David, what happened?? This is all bitter and harsh, and even extra stevia ain't helping. My darling Jumpy Monkey has...” Read full tasting note
    MButlerHallett 519 tasting notes
  • “Today is one of those days where I have no idea what kind of tea I want to drink. I'm also a little grumpy--apparently there are 3 boxes full of tea waiting for me at the post office, but instead...” Read full tasting note
    Alphakitty 470 tasting notes
  • “If you subconsciously associate the "Chunky Monkey" ice cream from Ben & Jerry's with this tea, well... Try not to. I had a visions of a sweet almond caramel nutty tea, maybe even banana. You...” Read full tasting note
    Littleelle 277 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

This brew gives you a tasty boost with a unique combination of exotic ingredients. It combines four types of coffee beans with Argentinian maté, and laces them with carob, white chocolate and chicory. The result is sweet, rich and deliciously satisfying. Plus it’s a sweet treat you can enjoy guilt-free, since this blend has virtually no calories. No wonder they say maté makes you efficient.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I’ll admit that I was majorly turned off by the smell, both dry & steeped. It had a weird coffee-y smell, & I don’t really like coffee unless it’s a mocha. However, this tastes nice. I guess it’s what coffee tastes like without the bitter kick. Very mellow, the coffee beans & mate blend nicely. Has a coffee/green taste, which sounds weird, & it is, but it works. Not sweet, but I didn’t need to add sweetener to drink it either.

Its alright but I much prefer chocolate rocket

It tastes like sadness: enough like coffee to make me crave a cup, but not enough to satisfy that craving.

On opening the package, I could smell the grassy elements in the tea for sure. I was a little wary about the grassiness, as rooibos, in my experience, tends to smell similar to this. I took my infuser out at about the five minute mark. I could taste the coffee, which was predominant, with undertones of chocolate. The finish was a little grassy though. Not sure if I’ll buy it though.

Not overly impressed. It was ok, but really didn’t stand out to me at all. Maybe because I’ve indulged myself in the chocolatly teas?
Did give me a boost of energy though.
Not a tea that I would add to my collection any time soon.

My first mate. I used to really like this tea. I recently had it again and now it’s turned into a “meh” kind of tea.

I love the spices in this tea. I accidentally left it and steeped it for about 40 minutes, but when I came back it was ready to be guzzled down. It tasted a bit like a watery mocha (but a good one!). And of course, I’m full of energy. For some reason it reminded me of toothpaste (it didn’t taste like it, it just made me think of toothpaste when I was drinking it). Weird.

200 °F / 93 °C 8 min or more

Every time I drink this I try to appreciate it, but I don’t know what I’m missing. This blend tastes kind of bland, the almond stands out a little bit amidst the straw taste. I’ve been working through 100g of this stuff and I’m still not in love.

This tea smells good, and always leaves me with lots more energy than before. But Jumpy Monkey is so bitter! I can see why it’s suggested for people who love coffee; as I’m not a coffee lover though, I’m not a huge fan. I want to love it as much as my other teas, so I’m hoping that Jumpy Monkey is an acquired tea sort of taste. So maybe after I drink many cups…