Creme Caramel Rooibos

Rooibos Tea
Caramel, Cream, Rooibos, Wood, Tobacco, Nuts, Honey, Molasses
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

• “So this was an unexpected purchase today, I went into the store wanting to get 4 teas, and then the clerk suggested this, I smelled it, and wanted to try it. Was stuck between this and the creme...” Read full tasting note
    misslena1221 906 tasting notes
  • “so uh this was supposed to be a tasting note...and on the way to get here i stopped by a conversation on FB and then i had to draw a picture...let me tell you...MS paint is a PITA! anyway i...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4889 tasting notes
  • “Thanks to *TeaEqualsBliss* for sending me this gem! While I don't tend to favor rooibos blends, one sniff and I knew this would be good. It smells like a caramel macchiato! I know there's no actual...” Read full tasting note
    Alphakitty 470 tasting notes
  • “Have you smelled this tea? Well, have you?? If you have this tea in your possession go smell it immediately... it's okay, I'll wait. ... I know, right? A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! My sister suggested this to...” Read full tasting note
    Fae 252 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Sheer decadence

There are few dessert teas more satisfying than Crème Caramel Rooibos. Smooth, sweet and creamy, it’s a taste sensation. And the best part is it’s made with South African rooibos, which is caffeine-free, nutty and naturally sweet. So indulge in a caramel dream. With virtually no calories, it might be the healthiest thing you do all day.

Ingredients: Red Rooibos, caramel pieces, artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: Dairy

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This tea is awesome! I ADORE creme Caramel and this tea has all those caramel custard notes, I wonder how they did it.

Rooibos has great health benefits and if it tastes this good then I will continue to buy and drink it.

love this. warmer and richer tones than the creme brulee, for afternoons when I want something heartier. tastes even sweeter when it is left steeping.

For a rooibos this is really tasty! A real dessert tea for the fan of caramel and for the ones which enjoy a little buttery taste. Try it, it don’t cost so much and it’s worth the buy!

I tried this one at a friend’s house this morning. I like the smell very much, but I found the tea itself quite bland. I actually wound up putting milk and sugar in, because otherwise it would just taste like nicely-scented water. So… nice smell, bland taste. Probably won’t be buying any of this for myself.

Okay, another DavidsTea rooibos. The last one… for now.

This one has a smoothness and fullness similar to the Creme Brulee, but not quite as full feeling. I guess that’s the ‘creme’ part of the flavour? This one is sweeter and more caramel-y, but I find them quite similar. I like this one more, though. If you’re not much for sweet teas, the Creme Brulee may be a better choice.

This is a nice tea. Dry, it smells more caramelly than after steep. The taste is mainly rooibos with a little caramel. Not strong flavoured, but pleasant after a meal (if you like rooibos teas).

So good. This is such a good dessert tea. I really enjoy having this tea in the evening… it’s so smooth and tasty, with no caffeine. I love the caramel flavor, and add a tsp of agave nectar to my cup to satisfy my sweet tooth. I could drink this tea every evening.

You know what? This isn’t half as good as the Tea Gschwendner version. Same exact concept, better executed by the latter as usual. Of course, in TG you have to buy 100grams without trying it first, unless you’re in Chicago (I miss their shop. Sniffle.) Anyway, a nice sweet tea- perfect for dessert (or, if you’re me, afternoon lulls). It really doesn’t need any sweetener. I think I’d have rated this more highly if I didn’t know that it could be even MORE intense and delicious. My husband even cut TG’s with plain Darjeeling tea and it still tasted strongly. That said, I mixed what was left of the two bags together because, hey, close enough. ;)