Creme Caramel Rooibos

Rooibos Tea
Burnt Sugar, Caramel, Creamy, Smooth, Wood, Straw, Sweet, Thick, Vanilla, Cream, Rooibos, Tobacco, Nuts, Honey, Molasses
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

• “So this was an unexpected purchase today, I went into the store wanting to get 4 teas, and then the clerk suggested this, I smelled it, and wanted to try it. Was stuck between this and the creme...” Read full tasting note
    misslena1221 988 tasting notes
  • “so uh this was supposed to be a tasting note...and on the way to get here i stopped by a conversation on FB and then i had to draw a picture...let me tell you...MS paint is a PITA! anyway i...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 5357 tasting notes
  • “Thanks to *TeaEqualsBliss* for sending me this gem! While I don't tend to favor rooibos blends, one sniff and I knew this would be good. It smells like a caramel macchiato! I know there's no actual...” Read full tasting note
    Alphakitty 470 tasting notes
  • “Have you smelled this tea? Well, have you?? If you have this tea in your possession go smell it immediately... it's okay, I'll wait. ... I know, right? A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! My sister suggested this to...” Read full tasting note
    Fae 253 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Sheer decadence

There are few dessert teas more satisfying than Crème Caramel Rooibos. Smooth, sweet and creamy, it’s a taste sensation. And the best part is it’s made with South African rooibos, which is caffeine-free, nutty and naturally sweet. So indulge in a caramel dream. With virtually no calories, it might be the healthiest thing you do all day.

Ingredients: Red Rooibos, caramel pieces, artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: Dairy

About DAVIDsTEA View company

As a big fan of both dessert tea and Davids Tea, I have had this in my cupboard for a while now without giving it a note, so here it goes! A good ol’ southern girl I always add sugar to my tea, this is the first one I have found that is just too sweet on it’s own to stand adding any sugar. It is definitely creamy and caramel-ly (it’s a word, I swear!) but isn’t what I would really call a “dessert tea”. That being said though, I do enjoy it on occasion as a special sweet treat, (or when I am out of sugar!) I am lactose intolerant, and this tea even with it’s “creamy” aspect doesn’t bother my stomach, if that matters to anyone considering trying it. Over all another good tea from Davids.

I have a hard time finding words to describe why I love this tea so much. It’s so tasty and light, it really is like a dessert in a cup. I especially enjoy mixing a couple teaspoons in with my coffee before brewing a pot.

my DavidsTea delivery arrived!! i am so thrilled to suddenly have all this delicious variety! i suspect i will use it all up faster than i thought. (i am steeping each brew twice when i can.)

this tea wasn’t exactly what i expected, but it has already grown on me. the weather turned cold and rainy here for the past few days, and this was the perfect tea to start my evening off with. i never put anything in my tea, but soon i will try this one with a little almond milk and honey.

My first rooibos. It was very nice, smells great in the bag. has a nice smooth taste. With a lovely caramel aftertaste.

I got it for the first time as a cup to go and absolutely loved it! I bought a tin of it later and have made it a few times since, and while its been good, it wasn’t the same. I might not be making it in the right proportions or something but i haven’t managed to get the same earth shattering flavour myself. Its still a yummy dessert tea though, and I especially enjoy blending it with chocolate rocket (one teaspoon of each).

I REALLY REALLY wanted to LOVE this tea as soon as I smelled it.
I even drank it twice once with honey and once plain to make sure of how I felt.

once steeped the caramel scent retreats a little and the Rooibos smell pokes it’s little head out.

quite smooth and it makes me smack my lips quite a bit when I drank it.

It doesn’t taste how it smells though and when I looked in the bag at the loose leaf there was very little to no caramel.I did not feel that I got that flavor very much while I was drinking it.

refreshing,light,Rooibos-y and lightly sweet.

Very pleasant to drink but not memorable (asides from the smell) which is such a shame.
I will have to trade this to a true Rooibos fan- lindairvine

Enjoying the last evening of 2011 with a huge mug of Creme Caramel Rooibos, an oldie-but-goodie that I found in my tea stash.

Dry, it has a great caramel scent. Brewed, it has the combined sweetness of the caramel and rooibos to make me very happy. Just a touch of milk and a little maple sugar tonight – perfecto! I am a big fan of rooibos teas because I have such a sweet tooth and I don’t have to worry about caffeine keeping me awake if I have tea before bedtime.

I’ll have to savour this because I used the last of it tonight. It’ll definitely make a come-back to my tea shelf but I’ve got to get through some others first. Happy New Year everyone!

This tea smells awesome, but the taste doesn’t quite live up to the aroma. It’s not as sweet as I expected. I’d like a little more of the caramel flavor.

I’m recently discovering rooiboses (rooibi?) as a nice evening caffeine-free treat and I got a to-go cup of this from David’sTea just to try it out. I’m not a huge fan of caramel, but I found this to be very tasty. With no milk or sweetener added, it was nice, smooth, and caramelly with a rich rooibos aftertaste – very comforting. I think I might prefer some of the other dessert teas, but I would definitely try this again :)

Always a great dessert choice. Sweet and satisfying!