Creme Caramel Rooibos

Rooibos Tea
Caramel, Rooibos, Cookie, Cream, Toffee, Creamy, Sweet, Vanilla, Smooth, Burnt Sugar, Wood, Straw, Thick, Tobacco, Nuts, Honey, Molasses
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

• “So this was an unexpected purchase today, I went into the store wanting to get 4 teas, and then the clerk suggested this, I smelled it, and wanted to try it. Was stuck between this and the creme...” Read full tasting note
    misslena1221 1091 tasting notes
  • “so uh this was supposed to be a tasting note…and on the way to get here i stopped by a conversation on FB and then i had to draw a picture…let me tell you…MS paint is a Read full tasting note
    Silaena 6831 tasting notes
  • “Thanks to TeaEqualsBliss for sending me this gem! While I don’t tend to favor rooibos blends, one sniff and I knew this would be good. It smells like a caramel macchiato! I...” Read full tasting note
    Alphakitty 470 tasting notes
  • “Have you smelled this tea? Well, have you?? If you have this tea in your possession go smell it immediately… it’s okay, I’ll wait. … I know, right? A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! My sister...” Read full tasting note
    Fae 253 tasting notes

Sheer decadence

There are few dessert teas more satisfying than Crème Caramel Rooibos. Smooth, sweet and creamy, it’s a taste sensation. And the best part is it’s made with South African rooibos, which is caffeine-free, nutty and naturally sweet. So indulge in a caramel dream. With virtually no calories, it might be the healthiest thing you do all day.

Ingredients: Red Rooibos, caramel pieces, artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: Dairy

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Always a great dessert choice. Sweet and satisfying!

A great tasting rooibos. After Oh Canada, this is my go to decaf tea. This one makes a great tea latté, and also a decent iced latté.

Smells so divine there are no words sufficient enough. I think my expectations were quite high going in as I wasn’t sure what to expect from a dessert tea.

It did not taste as strong as it smells, which is a tad disappointing. That said, I enjoyed it immensely and it did fill that after-dinner-sugar-craving that I frequently experience. This will probably become one of my teas that I will always have on hand.

Another reviewer suggested adding agave nectar to it, so I think I might just do that.

This is the best smelling tea I’ve ever smelled. It smells like oozing warm caramel. I spent a good five minutes just smelling it before I took a sip. It doesn’t taste as strongly of caramel as one would expect but it is very silky on the tongue which was a pleasant surprise. The tea is sweet enough that it doesn’t require any additional sugar or sweetener too.
This is one of my all time favorite teas, especially after dinner with some peanut butter or chocolate chip cookies, but it’s marvelous on its own. It’s perfect as a dessert tea. Yumm!!

I’m not entirely sure why I didn’t like it the first time… Well in any case, I think it tastes delicious now. Very smooth texture and creamy/caramelly aroma. It’s a slight subtle sweetness. Mmm… Alliteration.

180 °F / 82 °C

A delicious blend that is sweet enough on it own. Tastes reminiscent of an ice cream sundae.

I know I have reviewed this tea before because it is in my spreadsheet and I have drank it many times over the last few years. Oh well, I guess Steepster ate another one of my notes.

I have a real sweet tooth, and instead of reaching for something sweet and high in calories after supper, this is a good substitute. It is very sweet, and it is best enjoyed as a dessert latte.

This one of the teas that I keep coming back to when I am in the mood for rooibos, but not something too flavoured or too sweet.

I didn’t have high hopes for this cup as the dry leaf I had left only had one caramel bit, which I am not certain that my teaspoon managed to grab, in it.

Nonetheless, I steeped it at lower temperature, like I do with all rooibos and honeybush, and here I am with a lovely cup of caramel tea. There is a bit of sweetness supported by the woody heft of rooibos.

I like it. I am pleasantly surprised that this tea does not necessarily require the caramel bits in the leaf to be good. Of course, I would seek out more caramel bits if possible.

Flavors: Caramel, Rooibos

Aye! Finally got this one to taste okay. Added a bit of cream and sugar and now it’s reminiscent of the caramel flavor I’m looking for, though the cream is making it a bit too creamy.

Flavors: Cookie, Cream, Toffee

This tea is delicious! With a little bit of sweetener, it is almost like having dessert. I find it especially comforting to drink during the winter. Would definitely recommend.

Flavors: Caramel, Creamy, Sweet, Vanilla