Creme Caramel Rooibos

Rooibos Tea
Caramel, Honey, Molasses, Cream
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

• “So this was an unexpected purchase today, I went into the store wanting to get 4 teas, and then the clerk suggested this, I smelled it, and wanted to try it. Was stuck between this and the creme...” Read full tasting note
    misslena1221 821 tasting notes
  • “so uh this was supposed to be a tasting note...and on the way to get here i stopped by a conversation on FB and then i had to draw a picture...let me tell you...MS paint is a PITA! anyway i...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4041 tasting notes
  • “Thanks to *TeaEqualsBliss* for sending me this gem! While I don't tend to favor rooibos blends, one sniff and I knew this would be good. It smells like a caramel macchiato! I know there's no actual...” Read full tasting note
    Alphakitty 470 tasting notes
  • “Have you smelled this tea? Well, have you?? If you have this tea in your possession go smell it immediately... it's okay, I'll wait. ... I know, right? A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! My sister suggested this to...” Read full tasting note
    Fae 252 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Sheer decadence

There are few dessert teas more satisfying than Crème Caramel Rooibos. Smooth, sweet and creamy, it’s a taste sensation. And the best part is it’s made with South African rooibos, which is caffeine-free, nutty and naturally sweet. So indulge in a caramel dream. With virtually no calories, it might be the healthiest thing you do all day.

Ingredients: Red Rooibos, caramel pieces, artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: Dairy

About DAVIDsTEA View company

A great tasting rooibos. After Oh Canada, this is my go to decaf tea. This one makes a great tea latté, and also a decent iced latté.

Smells so divine there are no words sufficient enough. I think my expectations were quite high going in as I wasn’t sure what to expect from a dessert tea.

It did not taste as strong as it smells, which is a tad disappointing. That said, I enjoyed it immensely and it did fill that after-dinner-sugar-craving that I frequently experience. This will probably become one of my teas that I will always have on hand.

Another reviewer suggested adding agave nectar to it, so I think I might just do that.

This is the best smelling tea I’ve ever smelled. It smells like oozing warm caramel. I spent a good five minutes just smelling it before I took a sip. It doesn’t taste as strongly of caramel as one would expect but it is very silky on the tongue which was a pleasant surprise. The tea is sweet enough that it doesn’t require any additional sugar or sweetener too.
This is one of my all time favorite teas, especially after dinner with some peanut butter or chocolate chip cookies, but it’s marvelous on its own. It’s perfect as a dessert tea. Yumm!!

I’m not entirely sure why I didn’t like it the first time… Well in any case, I think it tastes delicious now. Very smooth texture and creamy/caramelly aroma. It’s a slight subtle sweetness. Mmm… Alliteration.

180 °F / 82 °C

A delicious blend that is sweet enough on it own. Tastes reminiscent of an ice cream sundae.

Off-balance. Caramel pieces provided too much sweetness to contrast the natural rooibos flavour, creating a dulling aftertaste that one might get after putting too much maple syrup on a pancake and having the insides of your mouth stick together uncomfortably. Smells phenomenal but didn’t carry through post-steep. However, blend 1/2 and 1/2 with a standard vanilla rooibos and ICE, and this makes for a delicious alternative with no sweetener required.

Flavors: Caramel, Honey, Molasses

Am v happy for QueenOfTarts for contacting me and wanting to swap because if if wasn’t for her, I wouldn’t have had this tea!
Ahhh I freakin love rooibos because now I’m forcing myself to actually listen to my doctor and try to cut caffeine out of my diet. I stop it with the caffeine at 5 now, and soon enough, that’ll slowly creep up to 12 dang. Not cutting caffeine out completely, but this is the closest I’ll get!

But ahhh THIS SMELLS SO GOOD.
It like cake and dessert and caramel and cream and luscious goodness.
Steeping and it smells a smidge like blueberries because I didn’t bother cleaning out my infuser completely before moving onto this one oops. I better not taste the blueberries when I drink it!
Mmmm it tastes like caramel cake. Ahh so good! I really like this tea wow. I freakin LOVE how it’s rooibos, too! Like seriously. I wanna thank all the people I’ve been swapping with who gave me a ton of caffeine-free teas. Like I freakin LOVE my flavoured blacks, but I actually need the rooibos and herbals. If only all my favourite teas were all caffeine-free.

Flavors: Caramel, Cream

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more 3 g 8 OZ / 236 ML
QueenOfTarts

Yay! This one is one of my favorites.

Not a fan. Tasted like a processed, murky mess freshly brewed, but down at room temperature it became more like dissolved nougat in ruined rooibos.

Now looking for something to reclaim my affection for rooibos.

205 °F / 96 °C

As I write this, I am well aware that I am using my last bit of Creme Caramel tea from my “Mary Poppins” tea bag. Yes, this was another one of those teas that goes on for a little too long.

I was surprised when I saw this picture of what the tea is supposed to look like. What are those cubes? I think I saw two of them in my 50g bag! ONLY TWO. What is this madness?

Obviously, those cubes are the “caramel” part haha. Well even with the minimal, caramel pieces in my tea, all that artificial flavoring made it caramel-y enough for me! Yes this tea is very smooth and the red rooibos tea makes all the difference. The two go well together to make this wonderful and satisfying tea!

Ho Hum…I was disappointed in this tea. There was nothing “wrong” with it but nothing special either. A nice Rooibos base but the flavours were pretty bland. I’ll drink the bag but not buy it again.