Creme Caramel Rooibos

Rooibos Tea
Caramel, Creamy, Butterscotch, Pastries, Rooibos, Sugarcane, Sweet, Vanilla, Cookie, Cream, Toffee, Wood, Molasses, Nuts, Smooth, Burnt Sugar, Straw, Thick, Tobacco, Honey
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

• “So this was an unexpected purchase today, I went into the store wanting to get 4 teas, and then the clerk suggested this, I smelled it, and wanted to try it. Was stuck between this and the creme...” Read full tasting note
    misslena1221 1124 tasting notes
  • “so uh this was supposed to be a tasting note…and on the way to get here i stopped by a conversation on FB and then i had to draw a picture…let me tell you…MS paint is a Read full tasting note
    Silaena 8067 tasting notes
  • “Thanks to TeaEqualsBliss for sending me this gem! While I don’t tend to favor rooibos blends, one sniff and I knew this would be good. It smells like a caramel macchiato! I...” Read full tasting note
    Alphakitty 470 tasting notes
  • “Have you smelled this tea? Well, have you?? If you have this tea in your possession go smell it immediately… it’s okay, I’ll wait. … I know, right? A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! My sister...” Read full tasting note
    Fae 253 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Sheer decadence

There are few dessert teas more satisfying than Crème Caramel Rooibos. Smooth, sweet and creamy, it’s a taste sensation. And the best part is it’s made with South African rooibos, which is caffeine-free, nutty and naturally sweet. So indulge in a caramel dream. With virtually no calories, it might be the healthiest thing you do all day.

Ingredients: Red Rooibos, caramel pieces, artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: Dairy

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Always a great dessert choice. Sweet and satisfying!

A great tasting rooibos. After Oh Canada, this is my go to decaf tea. This one makes a great tea latté, and also a decent iced latté.

Smells so divine there are no words sufficient enough. I think my expectations were quite high going in as I wasn’t sure what to expect from a dessert tea.

It did not taste as strong as it smells, which is a tad disappointing. That said, I enjoyed it immensely and it did fill that after-dinner-sugar-craving that I frequently experience. This will probably become one of my teas that I will always have on hand.

Another reviewer suggested adding agave nectar to it, so I think I might just do that.

This is the best smelling tea I’ve ever smelled. It smells like oozing warm caramel. I spent a good five minutes just smelling it before I took a sip. It doesn’t taste as strongly of caramel as one would expect but it is very silky on the tongue which was a pleasant surprise. The tea is sweet enough that it doesn’t require any additional sugar or sweetener too.
This is one of my all time favorite teas, especially after dinner with some peanut butter or chocolate chip cookies, but it’s marvelous on its own. It’s perfect as a dessert tea. Yumm!!

I’m not entirely sure why I didn’t like it the first time… Well in any case, I think it tastes delicious now. Very smooth texture and creamy/caramelly aroma. It’s a slight subtle sweetness. Mmm… Alliteration.

180 °F / 82 °C

A delicious blend that is sweet enough on it own. Tastes reminiscent of an ice cream sundae.

Bought two ounces of this in store a couple of weeks ago. The first thing I notice is the slightly herbacious taste of the red rooibos. The notes of creme and caramel are primarily in the background but are present. It is relatively tasty but I prefer green rooibos to red rooibos. I think it would be better blended with green rooibos.

I brewed this one time in a 16oz Teavana Glass Perfect Tea Maker/Gravity Steeper with 3 tsp leaf and 200 degree water for 5 minutes.

David’s Tea Advent Calendar Day 13:

Whoo-hoo, we’re more than half done with this advent thing. I have been enjoying getting to try some things I have always been curious about, or things that I thought I wouldn’t like. Sometimes I was right: I don’t like it. But some have been better than I expected.

This rooibos falls into the ‘better than I expected" category. Rooibos can sometimes be really woody and yucky for me. Thankfully, it isn’t in this one. My sense of smell is poor, but I get a fugitive whiff of sweet, creamy caramel from this now and then. The color, like with many rooibos teas, is quite rich. Amber with a touch of red. The flavor is mild, almost sweet. That is something I appreciate in an evening tea. I don’t plan to re-stock this one, but I’ll enjoy the sample jar.

Flavors: Caramel, Creamy

Advent calendar day 13/24

I still kind of cringe when I see rooibos. By this point I’ve had good experiences and “meh” experiences and really nothing that awful, but I still don’t find myself wanting to drink them, thus I was kind of dreading brewing this one up.

Well this is another that falls under “pretty good,” though by no means something I would want to stock up on. The caramel is the dominant flavour, though still fairly light, with almost a nougat-y vibe as well. I also get vanilla and, if you kind of squint your taste-buds a bit, I can see how this would kind of come across as creme caramel. Kind of. Fortunately, the rooibos really isn’t coming out in this one at all. Overall it reminds me of Tea Forte’s Caramel Nougat, which I was underwhelmed with when I first tried it and then I really liked, so maybe I’ll give this another go one day.

Day 13 of the 2016 advent calendar! I have a very tough final this evening so I have to make this review quick. It smells very vanilla-y, but not so much that you can’t smell the rooibos.

Steeped, it turns the typical rooibos color and smells a bit more heavy on the red rooibos base. In terms of taste, to me its just a rooibos with some creamy vanilla notes on top. It’s quite tasty for this cold morning.

Overall, I can see why David’s has this as a bit of a staple, it’s a pretty decent flavoured rooibos. Doesn’t really taste like creme caramel to me because the rooibos flavor is so strong, but its still not bad.