Creme Caramel Rooibos

Rooibos Tea
Butterscotch, Caramel, Creamy, Pastries, Rooibos, Sugarcane, Sweet, Vanilla, Cookie, Cream, Toffee, Wood, Molasses, Nuts, Smooth, Burnt Sugar, Straw, Thick, Tobacco, Honey
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

• “So this was an unexpected purchase today, I went into the store wanting to get 4 teas, and then the clerk suggested this, I smelled it, and wanted to try it. Was stuck between this and the creme...” Read full tasting note
    misslena1221 1121 tasting notes
  • “so uh this was supposed to be a tasting note…and on the way to get here i stopped by a conversation on FB and then i had to draw a picture…let me tell you…MS paint is a Read full tasting note
    Silaena 7975 tasting notes
  • “Thanks to TeaEqualsBliss for sending me this gem! While I don’t tend to favor rooibos blends, one sniff and I knew this would be good. It smells like a caramel macchiato! I...” Read full tasting note
    Alphakitty 470 tasting notes
  • “Have you smelled this tea? Well, have you?? If you have this tea in your possession go smell it immediately… it’s okay, I’ll wait. … I know, right? A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! My sister...” Read full tasting note
    Fae 253 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Sheer decadence

There are few dessert teas more satisfying than Crème Caramel Rooibos. Smooth, sweet and creamy, it’s a taste sensation. And the best part is it’s made with South African rooibos, which is caffeine-free, nutty and naturally sweet. So indulge in a caramel dream. With virtually no calories, it might be the healthiest thing you do all day.

Ingredients: Red Rooibos, caramel pieces, artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: Dairy

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Always a great dessert choice. Sweet and satisfying!

A great tasting rooibos. After Oh Canada, this is my go to decaf tea. This one makes a great tea latté, and also a decent iced latté.

Smells so divine there are no words sufficient enough. I think my expectations were quite high going in as I wasn’t sure what to expect from a dessert tea.

It did not taste as strong as it smells, which is a tad disappointing. That said, I enjoyed it immensely and it did fill that after-dinner-sugar-craving that I frequently experience. This will probably become one of my teas that I will always have on hand.

Another reviewer suggested adding agave nectar to it, so I think I might just do that.

This is the best smelling tea I’ve ever smelled. It smells like oozing warm caramel. I spent a good five minutes just smelling it before I took a sip. It doesn’t taste as strongly of caramel as one would expect but it is very silky on the tongue which was a pleasant surprise. The tea is sweet enough that it doesn’t require any additional sugar or sweetener too.
This is one of my all time favorite teas, especially after dinner with some peanut butter or chocolate chip cookies, but it’s marvelous on its own. It’s perfect as a dessert tea. Yumm!!

I’m not entirely sure why I didn’t like it the first time… Well in any case, I think it tastes delicious now. Very smooth texture and creamy/caramelly aroma. It’s a slight subtle sweetness. Mmm… Alliteration.

180 °F / 82 °C

A delicious blend that is sweet enough on it own. Tastes reminiscent of an ice cream sundae.

#ProjectTeaWall

Passed this one over so many times not because I didn’t think I’d like it but because I was such a huge fan of the now discontinued Creme Brulee and I always wanted a cup of that one instead. And then after Creme Brulee was discontinued I bought so much of it that I haven’t had a need to try this as an alternative.

I will be drinking this one again ‘cause my sample was actually large enough for two cups since this IS a light tea – that’s probably good ‘cause while I can taste the mug I’m currently sipping I don’t know how much of the flavour is the “true” flavour of the tea since I am sick with a cold and I know that’s affecting my sense of taste at least a little bit.

Honestly, what I do taste is really nice though. I mean, the rooibos base does seem more apparent to me than Creme Brulee’s was, and maybe that’s ‘cause this is straight up red rooibos while Creme Brulee utilized both red and green rooibos. However the caramel notes are sweet, creamy, silky, and smooth and very rich. While it mostly is a delicious caramel profile with hints of that more ’burnt sugar’/bruleed sweetness I do think the flavour is a little flat/one dimension. I mean, it’s tasty as hell but there’s no layering of flavour or nuance to it. I liked that Creme Brulee had the caramel like notes but also custardy and vanilla elements as well to add more depth.

Still though; yummy and probably perfect for a really good latte. When I do drink this again, when I’m not sick, perhaps I’ll do a side by side of this and Creme Brulee. I want to taste this again with a ‘tip top’ palate, but I think it’d also be good to see how it holds up to Creme Brulee and whether or not, maybe, I’m idealizing the latter in my head a little bit?

Friendly reminder that I’m not currently numerically scoring DAVIDsTEA blends as I’m seasonally employed there and it would be a conflict of interest.

Kristal

I think Steeped Tea had a very similar tea to Creme Brule called Creme Carmello: http://www.steepedtea.com/fallwintercatalog_2016v2/#p=33

Memily

I’m always so confused when they get rid of wonderful teas and add lesser ones to the range. Please stop :‘( I’m still desperately hanging onto my last 100g of Fantasy Island.

Backlog from yesterday! For some reason, I totally forgot to log some of the new teas I tried.
Well, this isn’t actually new, but I have not logged it before so it still counts.

The rooibos comes off very strong, but I like it. There is a lot of sweetness, which is why I like this as a dessert tea in the morning or after dinner. It is fantastic with milk (try it with vanilla soy/almond milk!) but I wouldn’t add sugar to this already sweet blend.

The caramel and cream are quite evident. I do like the vanilla, creamy, and caramelised sugar notes I’m getting. It kinda tastes a little like those small squares of creamy caramel ,which I’ve never liked, but it has a very butterscotch/classic caramel flavour going on.

Flavors: Butterscotch, Caramel, Creamy, Pastries, Rooibos, Sugarcane, Sweet, Vanilla

Boiling 8 min or more 1 tsp 17 OZ / 500 ML

Nope, not a fan. Too much of an artificial taste I found.

I got this tea as an in-store exchange for Jumpy Monkey (which was gross, by the way) and am much happier as a result. The taste of this rooibos blend is different than the cake-flavoured rooibos that I have tried before – different in a good way! I love caramel – and it’s much less greasy, due to the lack of sprinkles or chocolate chips.

I highly recommend adding the tiniest bit of milk to the cup, and pairing this tea with a scone, same as I eventually did. Delicious!

Flavors: Caramel