Creme Caramel Rooibos

Rooibos Tea
Caramel, Cream, Rooibos, Wood, Tobacco, Nuts, Honey, Molasses
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

• “So this was an unexpected purchase today, I went into the store wanting to get 4 teas, and then the clerk suggested this, I smelled it, and wanted to try it. Was stuck between this and the creme...” Read full tasting note
    misslena1221 905 tasting notes
  • “so uh this was supposed to be a tasting note...and on the way to get here i stopped by a conversation on FB and then i had to draw a picture...let me tell you...MS paint is a PITA! anyway i...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4840 tasting notes
  • “Thanks to *TeaEqualsBliss* for sending me this gem! While I don't tend to favor rooibos blends, one sniff and I knew this would be good. It smells like a caramel macchiato! I know there's no actual...” Read full tasting note
    Alphakitty 470 tasting notes
  • “Have you smelled this tea? Well, have you?? If you have this tea in your possession go smell it immediately... it's okay, I'll wait. ... I know, right? A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! My sister suggested this to...” Read full tasting note
    Fae 252 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Sheer decadence

There are few dessert teas more satisfying than Crème Caramel Rooibos. Smooth, sweet and creamy, it’s a taste sensation. And the best part is it’s made with South African rooibos, which is caffeine-free, nutty and naturally sweet. So indulge in a caramel dream. With virtually no calories, it might be the healthiest thing you do all day.

Ingredients: Red Rooibos, caramel pieces, artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: Dairy

About DAVIDsTEA View company

A great tasting rooibos. After Oh Canada, this is my go to decaf tea. This one makes a great tea latté, and also a decent iced latté.

Smells so divine there are no words sufficient enough. I think my expectations were quite high going in as I wasn’t sure what to expect from a dessert tea.

It did not taste as strong as it smells, which is a tad disappointing. That said, I enjoyed it immensely and it did fill that after-dinner-sugar-craving that I frequently experience. This will probably become one of my teas that I will always have on hand.

Another reviewer suggested adding agave nectar to it, so I think I might just do that.

This is the best smelling tea I’ve ever smelled. It smells like oozing warm caramel. I spent a good five minutes just smelling it before I took a sip. It doesn’t taste as strongly of caramel as one would expect but it is very silky on the tongue which was a pleasant surprise. The tea is sweet enough that it doesn’t require any additional sugar or sweetener too.
This is one of my all time favorite teas, especially after dinner with some peanut butter or chocolate chip cookies, but it’s marvelous on its own. It’s perfect as a dessert tea. Yumm!!

I’m not entirely sure why I didn’t like it the first time… Well in any case, I think it tastes delicious now. Very smooth texture and creamy/caramelly aroma. It’s a slight subtle sweetness. Mmm… Alliteration.

180 °F / 82 °C

A delicious blend that is sweet enough on it own. Tastes reminiscent of an ice cream sundae.

I was so looking forward to this tea! So many of the “dessert” teas actually have hidden carbs in them. I was looking for an armotic tea with the richness of caramel flavor. Unfortunately, the flavor of this tea tasted odd – artificial. I hate to waste good tea….but I don’t see myself drinking this tea again.

Purchased this from Maria in her stash sale. I figured I’d keep going with trying all of my untasted rooibos/honeybush blends since I’d already started. :P Rooibopalooza! This looks like rooibos with those weird little caramel cubes in it. It smells fairly caramelly and custardy.

Meh… This mostly tastes like rooibos to me. There’s a little bit of caramel and a creamy element, but they’re mostly just accents to the plain ol’ rooibos. Tastes woody and slightly medicinal. Not a big fan!

Flavors: Caramel, Cream, Rooibos, Wood

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
Lariel

That one goes well with Oh Canada or the Creme Brulee.

This tea was.. not what I expected to say the least.

The description made it sound so sweet! My first sip I did experience the caramel taste, but after that it i’m just getting that tobacco/woody after taste. This is the first rooibos that I have tried that is so strong in that flavor and aroma. I added some milk to see if it would calm the taste and it did add some creaminess.

My husband likes cigars…thinking he may be a fan of this tea. I won’t purchase more of this after we finish the sample.

Flavors: Caramel, Tobacco, Wood

I finally got around to trying this after having it tucked away for several months. While I absolutely LOVE caramel flavors in tea, rooibos tea bases aren’t my favorite. This tea, however, tastes divine! The rooibos had a nice woody, earthy flavor and complimented the caramel notes perfectly. Adding milk and sugar turns this into an extreme caramel-y decadent experience! Completely comforting and mouthwateringly delicious. My one complaint is the rooibos does leave a dry mouth feel. Otherwise, I can’t find anything I dislike.

Flavors: Caramel, Nuts, Rooibos, Wood

Perfect desert tea :) Soo caramely!