Creme Caramel Rooibos

Rooibos Tea
Caramel, Rooibos, Cookie, Cream, Toffee, Wood, Molasses, Nuts, Creamy, Sweet, Vanilla, Smooth, Burnt Sugar, Straw, Thick, Tobacco, Honey
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

• “So this was an unexpected purchase today, I went into the store wanting to get 4 teas, and then the clerk suggested this, I smelled it, and wanted to try it. Was stuck between this and the creme...” Read full tasting note
    misslena1221 1111 tasting notes
  • “so uh this was supposed to be a tasting note…and on the way to get here i stopped by a conversation on FB and then i had to draw a picture…let me tell you…MS paint is a Read full tasting note
    Silaena 7440 tasting notes
  • “Thanks to TeaEqualsBliss for sending me this gem! While I don’t tend to favor rooibos blends, one sniff and I knew this would be good. It smells like a caramel macchiato! I...” Read full tasting note
    Alphakitty 470 tasting notes
  • “Have you smelled this tea? Well, have you?? If you have this tea in your possession go smell it immediately… it’s okay, I’ll wait. … I know, right? A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! My sister...” Read full tasting note
    Fae 253 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Sheer decadence

There are few dessert teas more satisfying than Crème Caramel Rooibos. Smooth, sweet and creamy, it’s a taste sensation. And the best part is it’s made with South African rooibos, which is caffeine-free, nutty and naturally sweet. So indulge in a caramel dream. With virtually no calories, it might be the healthiest thing you do all day.

Ingredients: Red Rooibos, caramel pieces, artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: Dairy

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Always a great dessert choice. Sweet and satisfying!

A great tasting rooibos. After Oh Canada, this is my go to decaf tea. This one makes a great tea latté, and also a decent iced latté.

Smells so divine there are no words sufficient enough. I think my expectations were quite high going in as I wasn’t sure what to expect from a dessert tea.

It did not taste as strong as it smells, which is a tad disappointing. That said, I enjoyed it immensely and it did fill that after-dinner-sugar-craving that I frequently experience. This will probably become one of my teas that I will always have on hand.

Another reviewer suggested adding agave nectar to it, so I think I might just do that.

This is the best smelling tea I’ve ever smelled. It smells like oozing warm caramel. I spent a good five minutes just smelling it before I took a sip. It doesn’t taste as strongly of caramel as one would expect but it is very silky on the tongue which was a pleasant surprise. The tea is sweet enough that it doesn’t require any additional sugar or sweetener too.
This is one of my all time favorite teas, especially after dinner with some peanut butter or chocolate chip cookies, but it’s marvelous on its own. It’s perfect as a dessert tea. Yumm!!

I’m not entirely sure why I didn’t like it the first time… Well in any case, I think it tastes delicious now. Very smooth texture and creamy/caramelly aroma. It’s a slight subtle sweetness. Mmm… Alliteration.

180 °F / 82 °C

A delicious blend that is sweet enough on it own. Tastes reminiscent of an ice cream sundae.

Nope, not a fan. Too much of an artificial taste I found.

I got this tea as an in-store exchange for Jumpy Monkey (which was gross, by the way) and am much happier as a result. The taste of this rooibos blend is different than the cake-flavoured rooibos that I have tried before – different in a good way! I love caramel – and it’s much less greasy, due to the lack of sprinkles or chocolate chips.

I highly recommend adding the tiniest bit of milk to the cup, and pairing this tea with a scone, same as I eventually did. Delicious!

Flavors: Caramel

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

This is my go-to tea for at night. Such an amazing smell, and the taste is none too sweet!

Flavors: Caramel

6 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

Day #17 of tea!

How have I never completed a tasting note for this one before now? Oh well, it’s getting done now, haha. This was an excellent treat this afternoon, after I got in from a walk (brrr, it was cold). There are other rooibos teas I like better than this one (cinnamon chai being the main example), as I’m not as crazy about caramel/toffee teas as some others tend to be. But I liked this, with the usual addition of milk, and I’ve got enough of the sample left for another couple of cups, so that’s good.