Creme Caramel Rooibos

Rooibos Tea
Burnt Sugar, Caramel, Creamy, Smooth, Wood, Straw, Sweet, Thick, Vanilla, Cream, Rooibos, Tobacco, Nuts, Honey, Molasses
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

• “So this was an unexpected purchase today, I went into the store wanting to get 4 teas, and then the clerk suggested this, I smelled it, and wanted to try it. Was stuck between this and the creme...” Read full tasting note
    misslena1221 988 tasting notes
  • “so uh this was supposed to be a tasting note...and on the way to get here i stopped by a conversation on FB and then i had to draw a picture...let me tell you...MS paint is a PITA! anyway i...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 5351 tasting notes
  • “Thanks to *TeaEqualsBliss* for sending me this gem! While I don't tend to favor rooibos blends, one sniff and I knew this would be good. It smells like a caramel macchiato! I know there's no actual...” Read full tasting note
    Alphakitty 470 tasting notes
  • “Have you smelled this tea? Well, have you?? If you have this tea in your possession go smell it immediately... it's okay, I'll wait. ... I know, right? A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! My sister suggested this to...” Read full tasting note
    Fae 253 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Sheer decadence

There are few dessert teas more satisfying than Crème Caramel Rooibos. Smooth, sweet and creamy, it’s a taste sensation. And the best part is it’s made with South African rooibos, which is caffeine-free, nutty and naturally sweet. So indulge in a caramel dream. With virtually no calories, it might be the healthiest thing you do all day.

Ingredients: Red Rooibos, caramel pieces, artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: Dairy

About DAVIDsTEA View company

A great tasting rooibos. After Oh Canada, this is my go to decaf tea. This one makes a great tea latté, and also a decent iced latté.

Smells so divine there are no words sufficient enough. I think my expectations were quite high going in as I wasn’t sure what to expect from a dessert tea.

It did not taste as strong as it smells, which is a tad disappointing. That said, I enjoyed it immensely and it did fill that after-dinner-sugar-craving that I frequently experience. This will probably become one of my teas that I will always have on hand.

Another reviewer suggested adding agave nectar to it, so I think I might just do that.

This is the best smelling tea I’ve ever smelled. It smells like oozing warm caramel. I spent a good five minutes just smelling it before I took a sip. It doesn’t taste as strongly of caramel as one would expect but it is very silky on the tongue which was a pleasant surprise. The tea is sweet enough that it doesn’t require any additional sugar or sweetener too.
This is one of my all time favorite teas, especially after dinner with some peanut butter or chocolate chip cookies, but it’s marvelous on its own. It’s perfect as a dessert tea. Yumm!!

I’m not entirely sure why I didn’t like it the first time… Well in any case, I think it tastes delicious now. Very smooth texture and creamy/caramelly aroma. It’s a slight subtle sweetness. Mmm… Alliteration.

180 °F / 82 °C

A delicious blend that is sweet enough on it own. Tastes reminiscent of an ice cream sundae.

Looks like Rooibos, smells like Rooibos, but Fry assured me that the caramel taste is stronger, so I was still willing to give it a go. She was right, it wasn’t supremely rooibos-y, but it wasn’t much of anything really. Super mellow, mild flavors that just barely hinted over hot water. I wanted more caramel out of this. Meh?

7 min, 45 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Caramel teas usually don’t go over too, too well with me. Somehow, they all seem to give off that sticky, artificial, play-doh-y, plastic smell that makes me :/? But this tea is pretty drinkable. Not my favourite, and probably not even a re-try, let alone a re-buy, but . . . it’s not bad. The sweetness drowns out the scary woody quality of the red rooibos, and the blend brews up to be smooth and creamy. It’s nice. Thanks for letting me try, Advent Calendar!

Day 12 of the advent calendar. Halfway there! I was looking forward to this one. It sounded good to me. It had the usual woodiness from the rooibos with a creamy caramel flavour in the forefront and a background of burnt sugar. I had no problem drinking this down. Pretty smooth. Really enjoyed the dry leaf smell along with the smell once it was steeped. This is one I’ll happily sip away at during those cold winter nights soon to be upon us.

Flavors: Burnt Sugar, Caramel, Creamy, Smooth, Wood

Smooth burnt-like sweetness. I can taste the straw-like rooibos but it is quite well balanced with the other flavours. There is a slight blandness near the end of the sip.

Flavors: Burnt Sugar, Smooth, Straw

Boiling 6 min, 0 sec 3 tsp 13 OZ / 375 ML

This was one of the first teas I ever bought from Davids about a year ago. I grabbed a 100g of this and I’m so happy I had as its one of my ultimate favourites! It’s one of the best caramel teas!

It’s incredibly creamy and sweet. You don’t need to add sugar or anything to it, which is great as I prefer my teas straight. Mmmm yum! The perfect tea for a yucky, rainy day such as today :)

Flavors: Caramel, Creamy