Creme Caramel Rooibos

Rooibos Tea
Caramel, Honey, Molasses, Cream
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

• “So this was an unexpected purchase today, I went into the store wanting to get 4 teas, and then the clerk suggested this, I smelled it, and wanted to try it. Was stuck between this and the creme...” Read full tasting note
    misslena1221 820 tasting notes
  • “so uh this was supposed to be a tasting note...and on the way to get here i stopped by a conversation on FB and then i had to draw a picture...let me tell you...MS paint is a PITA! anyway i...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4026 tasting notes
  • “Thanks to *TeaEqualsBliss* for sending me this gem! While I don't tend to favor rooibos blends, one sniff and I knew this would be good. It smells like a caramel macchiato! I know there's no actual...” Read full tasting note
    Alphakitty 470 tasting notes
  • “Have you smelled this tea? Well, have you?? If you have this tea in your possession go smell it immediately... it's okay, I'll wait. ... I know, right? A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! My sister suggested this to...” Read full tasting note
    Fae 252 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Sheer decadence

There are few dessert teas more satisfying than Crème Caramel Rooibos. Smooth, sweet and creamy, it’s a taste sensation. And the best part is it’s made with South African rooibos, which is caffeine-free, nutty and naturally sweet. So indulge in a caramel dream. With virtually no calories, it might be the healthiest thing you do all day.

Ingredients: Red Rooibos, caramel pieces, artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: Dairy

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Not as caramel-y as I thought it would be, but still good with milk and a touch more sugar.

I generally like flavored Rooibos, and this is no exception. I like how the sweet caramel goes with the woodsy? Rooibos. This one is a thumbs up.

Last week,I placed an order at David’s tea. I’d decided that I didn’t have enough rooibos in my collection, so I took 2: Jessie’s tea and Pure vanilla. And then I found this tea rating website and found out that Creme caramel seemed to be liked a lot, so I added it to the order, just to know what it would taste like. Tried it yesterday before I went to bed. I actually liked it a lot. It doesn’t have a strong caramel taste, just enough to be comforting. It’s a good tea to enjoy in a blanket, on a cold night. Thumbs up!

This checks all my boxes. Sweet, straightforward caramel in a delightful rooibos base. Reminds me of the Mackintosh’s toffee that I loved when I was a kid, before I had to worry about it ripping out the fillings in my teeth. It even looks pretty, with all those tiny caramel cubes. I’ll buy this until the day it’s discontinued, at which point, I’ll be forced to storm head office with a torch and a list of demands.

had this today at a DavidsTEA location, using their fabulous steeper. and i really wanted to love it, but i didn’t. the aroma and flavour was more rooibos than caramel when i drank it. it wasn’t as smooth as i thought it would be. a bit disappointing. perhaps the water they put in was too hot? if i try again, id prefer to do it on my own. they offered it in latte form so i would probably try it again as a latte over the counter.

This was not what I was expecting at all. It had more of a harsh flavor than one that is a smooth flavor like I would pair with a caramel tea. There was also an aftertaste that I didn’t like very much at all.

I’m not much of a rooibos fan but the caramel made me wanting to try this one. Tried twice, and i’m still not getting the crème caramel taste but I taste much much much of rooibos, kind of woody bitter taste. Maybe i’ll try another rooibos, but with a lighter taste than this one to get to like it.

One of my regular staples.

I love caramel, but I was really dissapointed in this tea. It had a weird taste that I just didn’t care for at all.

Had this in-store as the tea of the day. It’s a great dessert tea: smooth, subtly sweet, and definitely tastes of caramel. However, I found the taste almost identical to their birthday cake tea (but this could just be me). Regardless, very yummy :)

Iced