Creme Caramel Rooibos

Rooibos Tea
Caramel, Cream, Rooibos, Wood, Tobacco, Nuts, Honey, Molasses
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

• “So this was an unexpected purchase today, I went into the store wanting to get 4 teas, and then the clerk suggested this, I smelled it, and wanted to try it. Was stuck between this and the creme...” Read full tasting note
    misslena1221 918 tasting notes
  • “so uh this was supposed to be a tasting note...and on the way to get here i stopped by a conversation on FB and then i had to draw a picture...let me tell you...MS paint is a PITA! anyway i...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4939 tasting notes
  • “Thanks to *TeaEqualsBliss* for sending me this gem! While I don't tend to favor rooibos blends, one sniff and I knew this would be good. It smells like a caramel macchiato! I know there's no actual...” Read full tasting note
    Alphakitty 470 tasting notes
  • “Have you smelled this tea? Well, have you?? If you have this tea in your possession go smell it immediately... it's okay, I'll wait. ... I know, right? A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! My sister suggested this to...” Read full tasting note
    Fae 253 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Sheer decadence

There are few dessert teas more satisfying than Crème Caramel Rooibos. Smooth, sweet and creamy, it’s a taste sensation. And the best part is it’s made with South African rooibos, which is caffeine-free, nutty and naturally sweet. So indulge in a caramel dream. With virtually no calories, it might be the healthiest thing you do all day.

Ingredients: Red Rooibos, caramel pieces, artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: Dairy

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Off-balance. Caramel pieces provided too much sweetness to contrast the natural rooibos flavour, creating a dulling aftertaste that one might get after putting too much maple syrup on a pancake and having the insides of your mouth stick together uncomfortably. Smells phenomenal but didn’t carry through post-steep. However, blend 1/2 and 1/2 with a standard vanilla rooibos and ICE, and this makes for a delicious alternative with no sweetener required.

Flavors: Caramel, Honey, Molasses

This tea is FANASTIC and thank you TONS to QueenOfTarts for sending it my way! I was talking to my friend via snapchat and she had peppermint tea earlier, and I decided to drink this to make her jealous hehe :)

IN OTHER NEWS I STARTED WATCHING THIS SHOW LAST WEEK.
It’s called In the Flesh and it’s fREAKIN FAB. ALL THE CHARACTERS. MUCH WOW.

But in all seriousness. I finished the series 2 finale earlier today and it was SO good .hey haven’t announced a series 3 yet so… I just want a series 3 to happen okay. This show is so so SO good.

Marzipan

Is it on Netflix?

jump62359

Unfortunately, no.
I did watch the first couple on youtube though! But don’t watch the series 1 finale on youtube (the third episode) since the sound cuts out at the end during one of the most emotional, heartwrenching scenes :’(

Marzipan

Couchtuner.me :)

Not a fan. Tasted like a processed, murky mess freshly brewed, but down at room temperature it became more like dissolved nougat in ruined rooibos.

Now looking for something to reclaim my affection for rooibos.

205 °F / 96 °C

As I write this, I am well aware that I am using my last bit of Creme Caramel tea from my “Mary Poppins” tea bag. Yes, this was another one of those teas that goes on for a little too long.

I was surprised when I saw this picture of what the tea is supposed to look like. What are those cubes? I think I saw two of them in my 50g bag! ONLY TWO. What is this madness?

Obviously, those cubes are the “caramel” part haha. Well even with the minimal, caramel pieces in my tea, all that artificial flavoring made it caramel-y enough for me! Yes this tea is very smooth and the red rooibos tea makes all the difference. The two go well together to make this wonderful and satisfying tea!

Ho Hum…I was disappointed in this tea. There was nothing “wrong” with it but nothing special either. A nice Rooibos base but the flavours were pretty bland. I’ll drink the bag but not buy it again.

Not as caramel-y as I thought it would be, but still good with milk and a touch more sugar.

I generally like flavored Rooibos, and this is no exception. I like how the sweet caramel goes with the woodsy? Rooibos. This one is a thumbs up.

Last week,I placed an order at David’s tea. I’d decided that I didn’t have enough rooibos in my collection, so I took 2: Jessie’s tea and Pure vanilla. And then I found this tea rating website and found out that Creme caramel seemed to be liked a lot, so I added it to the order, just to know what it would taste like. Tried it yesterday before I went to bed. I actually liked it a lot. It doesn’t have a strong caramel taste, just enough to be comforting. It’s a good tea to enjoy in a blanket, on a cold night. Thumbs up!

This checks all my boxes. Sweet, straightforward caramel in a delightful rooibos base. Reminds me of the Mackintosh’s toffee that I loved when I was a kid, before I had to worry about it ripping out the fillings in my teeth. It even looks pretty, with all those tiny caramel cubes. I’ll buy this until the day it’s discontinued, at which point, I’ll be forced to storm head office with a torch and a list of demands.

had this today at a DavidsTEA location, using their fabulous steeper. and i really wanted to love it, but i didn’t. the aroma and flavour was more rooibos than caramel when i drank it. it wasn’t as smooth as i thought it would be. a bit disappointing. perhaps the water they put in was too hot? if i try again, id prefer to do it on my own. they offered it in latte form so i would probably try it again as a latte over the counter.