Creme Caramel Rooibos

Rooibos Tea
Caramel, Rooibos, Cookie, Cream, Toffee, Creamy, Sweet, Vanilla, Smooth, Burnt Sugar, Wood, Straw, Thick, Tobacco, Nuts, Honey, Molasses
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

• “So this was an unexpected purchase today, I went into the store wanting to get 4 teas, and then the clerk suggested this, I smelled it, and wanted to try it. Was stuck between this and the creme...” Read full tasting note
    misslena1221 1092 tasting notes
  • “so uh this was supposed to be a tasting note…and on the way to get here i stopped by a conversation on FB and then i had to draw a picture…let me tell you…MS paint is a Read full tasting note
    Silaena 6852 tasting notes
  • “Thanks to TeaEqualsBliss for sending me this gem! While I don’t tend to favor rooibos blends, one sniff and I knew this would be good. It smells like a caramel macchiato! I...” Read full tasting note
    Alphakitty 470 tasting notes
  • “Have you smelled this tea? Well, have you?? If you have this tea in your possession go smell it immediately… it’s okay, I’ll wait. … I know, right? A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! My sister...” Read full tasting note
    Fae 253 tasting notes

Sheer decadence

There are few dessert teas more satisfying than Crème Caramel Rooibos. Smooth, sweet and creamy, it’s a taste sensation. And the best part is it’s made with South African rooibos, which is caffeine-free, nutty and naturally sweet. So indulge in a caramel dream. With virtually no calories, it might be the healthiest thing you do all day.

Ingredients: Red Rooibos, caramel pieces, artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: Dairy

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I’ve been wondering why I have not been drinking tea in the evenings? I’ve got so many nice herbal and rooibos blends, I should be enjoying an evening cup of tea! So I’m making a push to do that.
This was a sample from Ost, I think, and I’m really glad I tried it. Its a rooibos, which I have a hit and miss relationship with, but its well blended, with a nice caramel-y aftertaste. A really nice evening cuppa.

A delicious, light and sweet red rooibos infusion.

The caramel smell filled my kitchen and the taste of the tea was a match.
Definitely one of my top 5 from DavidsTea. Served hot with 1 tbsp. milk

Flavors: Caramel, Creamy, Rooibos, Smooth, Sweet

Sipdown and won’t really miss this perfectly OK Rooibos. Pretty mild caramel flavor. As the weather warms up, I am finding Rooibos feels a bit heavy in the evenings, and if I do go the Rooibos route, I would much rather have Lupicia’s Caramel & Rum or Whistling Kettle’s Marzipan.

What an epic first Rooibos tea to try. I got lucky and ended up smelling this tea in DT because i’m a caramel freak, and bought about 10 bucks worth to take home on a whim.

It’s looks are quite deceiving, for when you look at it – rather than hitting you with pink, glitter & all things your mind would associate as sweet – you see a dark maroon rooibos with random scatterings of cream coloured cubes of caramel.
Yes, you can eat it. And yes, I tried a piece!

I steeped the tea in hot water for about 5 minutes. It smelt like someone was baking something in the kitchen. Happiness.

And then, the tasting! It’s sweet and velvety. Totally wakes you up, or calms you down, based on your state of mind. Its one of those tea’s that goes well at any time of the day – or night – quite like Indian milk chai. So if you’re one of those people who appreciates a finisher, you’ll dig this.

Also, a great band to listen to while you drink CCR, is CCR !

A must have tea in my cupboard. Always.

Flavors: Caramel, Rooibos

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 17 OZ / 500 ML

Mmm this is so good…lightly sweet but definitely has a caramel taste/smell and feels so decadent. I was about to make a nice hot chocolate but decided on this instead. Probably a way better and healthier choice! Will try this as a latte next.

Looks like Rooibos, smells like Rooibos, but Fry assured me that the caramel taste is stronger, so I was still willing to give it a go. She was right, it wasn’t supremely rooibos-y, but it wasn’t much of anything really. Super mellow, mild flavors that just barely hinted over hot water. I wanted more caramel out of this. Meh?

7 min, 45 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Caramel teas usually don’t go over too, too well with me. Somehow, they all seem to give off that sticky, artificial, play-doh-y, plastic smell that makes me :/? But this tea is pretty drinkable. Not my favourite, and probably not even a re-try, let alone a re-buy, but . . . it’s not bad. The sweetness drowns out the scary woody quality of the red rooibos, and the blend brews up to be smooth and creamy. It’s nice. Thanks for letting me try, Advent Calendar!

Day 12 of the advent calendar. Halfway there! I was looking forward to this one. It sounded good to me. It had the usual woodiness from the rooibos with a creamy caramel flavour in the forefront and a background of burnt sugar. I had no problem drinking this down. Pretty smooth. Really enjoyed the dry leaf smell along with the smell once it was steeped. This is one I’ll happily sip away at during those cold winter nights soon to be upon us.

Flavors: Burnt Sugar, Caramel, Creamy, Smooth, Wood

Smooth burnt-like sweetness. I can taste the straw-like rooibos but it is quite well balanced with the other flavours. There is a slight blandness near the end of the sip.

Flavors: Burnt Sugar, Smooth, Straw

Boiling 6 min, 0 sec 3 tsp 13 OZ / 375 ML

This was one of the first teas I ever bought from Davids about a year ago. I grabbed a 100g of this and I’m so happy I had as its one of my ultimate favourites! It’s one of the best caramel teas!

It’s incredibly creamy and sweet. You don’t need to add sugar or anything to it, which is great as I prefer my teas straight. Mmmm yum! The perfect tea for a yucky, rainy day such as today :)

Flavors: Caramel, Creamy