Creme Caramel Rooibos

Rooibos Tea
Caramel, Rooibos, Cookie, Cream, Toffee, Creamy, Sweet, Vanilla, Smooth, Burnt Sugar, Wood, Straw, Thick, Tobacco, Nuts, Honey, Molasses
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

• “So this was an unexpected purchase today, I went into the store wanting to get 4 teas, and then the clerk suggested this, I smelled it, and wanted to try it. Was stuck between this and the creme...” Read full tasting note
    misslena1221 1092 tasting notes
  • “so uh this was supposed to be a tasting note…and on the way to get here i stopped by a conversation on FB and then i had to draw a picture…let me tell you…MS paint is a Read full tasting note
    Silaena 6831 tasting notes
  • “Thanks to TeaEqualsBliss for sending me this gem! While I don’t tend to favor rooibos blends, one sniff and I knew this would be good. It smells like a caramel macchiato! I...” Read full tasting note
    Alphakitty 470 tasting notes
  • “Have you smelled this tea? Well, have you?? If you have this tea in your possession go smell it immediately… it’s okay, I’ll wait. … I know, right? A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! My sister...” Read full tasting note
    Fae 253 tasting notes

Sheer decadence

There are few dessert teas more satisfying than Crème Caramel Rooibos. Smooth, sweet and creamy, it’s a taste sensation. And the best part is it’s made with South African rooibos, which is caffeine-free, nutty and naturally sweet. So indulge in a caramel dream. With virtually no calories, it might be the healthiest thing you do all day.

Ingredients: Red Rooibos, caramel pieces, artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: Dairy

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Sooo ordered more of this one. It’s just so creamy, thick, and caramel-y! I just love it! One of the best caramel teas I’ve had. And since Davids’ is doing a promo for the tumbler, I figured I’d order more of this myself! :D
Finished off my sample today. Can’t wait to get more!
Mmmmmm! ^^

Flavors: Caramel, Creamy, Smooth, Sweet, Thick

My mother absolutely adored that one, she always has a constant stock of the stuff

Aha-your mother knows a good tea!:P

Making this as an iced tea to finish it up. It made a really good one last time I did this, so hopefully it’ll be good again. Almost three PS for 16oz of water. Probably too much, but I’m not concerned. Steeped up in hot water until it cooled and I’m leaving the leaves in until I’m ready to drink.

Will update tomorrow once I try it.

I was so looking forward to this tea! So many of the “dessert” teas actually have hidden carbs in them. I was looking for an armotic tea with the richness of caramel flavor. Unfortunately, the flavor of this tea tasted odd – artificial. I hate to waste good tea….but I don’t see myself drinking this tea again.

Purchased this from Maria in her stash sale. I figured I’d keep going with trying all of my untasted rooibos/honeybush blends since I’d already started. :P Rooibopalooza! This looks like rooibos with those weird little caramel cubes in it. It smells fairly caramelly and custardy.

Meh… This mostly tastes like rooibos to me. There’s a little bit of caramel and a creamy element, but they’re mostly just accents to the plain ol’ rooibos. Tastes woody and slightly medicinal. Not a big fan!

Flavors: Caramel, Cream, Rooibos, Wood

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
Lariel of Lórien

That one goes well with Oh Canada or the Creme Brulee.

This tea was.. not what I expected to say the least.

The description made it sound so sweet! My first sip I did experience the caramel taste, but after that it i’m just getting that tobacco/woody after taste. This is the first rooibos that I have tried that is so strong in that flavor and aroma. I added some milk to see if it would calm the taste and it did add some creaminess.

My husband likes cigars…thinking he may be a fan of this tea. I won’t purchase more of this after we finish the sample.

Flavors: Caramel, Tobacco, Wood

I finally got around to trying this after having it tucked away for several months. While I absolutely LOVE caramel flavors in tea, rooibos tea bases aren’t my favorite. This tea, however, tastes divine! The rooibos had a nice woody, earthy flavor and complimented the caramel notes perfectly. Adding milk and sugar turns this into an extreme caramel-y decadent experience! Completely comforting and mouthwateringly delicious. My one complaint is the rooibos does leave a dry mouth feel. Otherwise, I can’t find anything I dislike.

Flavors: Caramel, Nuts, Rooibos, Wood

Perfect desert tea :) Soo caramely!

Off-balance. Caramel pieces provided too much sweetness to contrast the natural rooibos flavour, creating a dulling aftertaste that one might get after putting too much maple syrup on a pancake and having the insides of your mouth stick together uncomfortably. Smells phenomenal but didn’t carry through post-steep. However, blend 1/2 and 1/2 with a standard vanilla rooibos and ICE, and this makes for a delicious alternative with no sweetener required.

Flavors: Caramel, Honey, Molasses

This tea is FANASTIC and thank you TONS to QueenOfTarts for sending it my way! I was talking to my friend via snapchat and she had peppermint tea earlier, and I decided to drink this to make her jealous hehe :)

It’s called In the Flesh and it’s fREAKIN FAB. ALL THE CHARACTERS. MUCH WOW.

But in all seriousness. I finished the series 2 finale earlier today and it was SO good .hey haven’t announced a series 3 yet so… I just want a series 3 to happen okay. This show is so so SO good.

Is it on Netflix?

Unfortunately, no.
I did watch the first couple on youtube though! But don’t watch the series 1 finale on youtube (the third episode) since the sound cuts out at the end during one of the most emotional, heartwrenching scenes :’(

Marzipan :)

Not a fan. Tasted like a processed, murky mess freshly brewed, but down at room temperature it became more like dissolved nougat in ruined rooibos.

Now looking for something to reclaim my affection for rooibos.

205 °F / 96 °C