The Earl's Garden

Black Fruit Blend
Earl Grey, Fruity, Strawberry, Bergamot
Edit tea info Last updated by sylviedroz

• “It's being held hostage in my travel mug. I can't get the top to open and I can't get it to ACTUALLY open either. Cries. I managed a sweet few sips out of it because it leaks...time to find a new...” Read full tasting note
    pandamanda 1196 tasting notes
  • “Love this one in the hot weather. Juicy berries, citrus, and a good, strong tea base to keep your energy from flagging. I give it a shortish, slightly cooler than boiling steep to keep the...” Read full tasting note
    JacquelineM 1112 tasting notes
  • “Made this one as a cold brew. Brewed for about 8 hours. I think I prefer this one as a hot brew vs a cold brew. There is more strawberry, raspberry taste as a cold brew. However, the...” Read full tasting note
    Lala1 762 tasting notes
  • “To be fair, my stash of this is getting on in age (1 year? 1.5?)but today's cuppa was just not great. There was no bergamot, and only a light hint of fruit to mask the black tea that went bitter...” Read full tasting note
    Uniquity 688 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

When he wasn’t in China discovering secret tea recipes, Britain’s second Earl Grey lived at Howick Hall in England, just like his ancestors had done since 1319. And also like his ancestors, he was a keen gardener and outdoorsman. This tea would no doubt have suited him, with the characteristic black tea and bergamot highlighted by strawberries, raspberries and essence of black currant.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I am on a black tea kick so this tea was right up my alley. I love cream of Earl Grey, so I thought I would try something different. I liked the taste of fruit in it because it doesn’t over power the taste of the tea, but it adds a nice touch. For me, this isn’t an everyday kind of tea, but something I have to be in the mood for.

I love the fruity aroma. It is a great addition to my earl grey collection…

I like Earl Grey, but to be honest, I can usually take it or leave it. But this version of Earl Grey is more interesting than plain-old regular Earl Grey. I like the floral notes and the sweetness of the fruit was a nice surprise. It actually tastes as delicious as it smells. A keeper.

I’m usually not a huge fan of earl greys because of the bergamot. From the bag, the tea smelled quiet nice, I got a light note of bergamot, but more fruity notes. When brewed it was ok. I could still smell a lot of fruity berries, but I couldn’t taste too much of the berries and there was a light bergamot taste. Definitely an ok tea, but it loses a bit of rating because I don,t like bergamot.

EDIT: I tried this tea again. Dry notes, this tea smells awesome, it comes out very sweet. I don’t notice any bergamot scent at all.

First steep: It comes out bitter and yucky unfortunately. That is probably why I didn’t like it the first time. You taste a lot of bitterness from the leaves and a little bergamot. As it cools though, the taste comes out more sweet.

Second steep: I absolutely love the second steep, I can no longer taste the bergamot and it’s lovely as a lighter black tea. As it cools, I got a really lovely sweet taste from the berries without the tartness, which is really nice.

Third steep: Still sweet, very little bitterness from the leaves! Love it as it cools.

I upped the rating by a lot just because the second and more steeps are amazing cooled. I would definitely serve this for the summer to my friends.

I don’t like this. It smells wonderful, and this is the tea I got the most of with my birthday teas, and it is the one I like the least. That said, I learned that I can bring it back and exchange it. Anyhow, the reason I don’t like it, is because it seems too fragrant and floral, almost perfume-y, and I don’t like to drink perfume. Also, it bothers my head a bit.

This tea is beautiful. There’s usually not much to be said about the aesthetics of a tea, but this one has flower petals that are lilac and pink and it’s just… pleasant! The smell reminds me of a garden mixed with gummy bears and the taste isn’t far off.

Not a big fan of Earl Grey tea, but I like my berry teas. This tea was truly a revelation for me, amazingly delicious. You can definitely taste strawberries in it. I also love that you can still taste a high quality black tea among the fruitiness. I can steep it till it’s pure black and it won’t spoil it, just makes it richer and bolder. Highly recommended if you want delicious black tea with some non-intrusive fruitiness.

I love Earl Grey but this truly kicks it up a notch. Perfect when brewed with some milk/cream.

This is my fave Earl Grey tea! Not gonna lie, I was a lil skeptikal at first with the berry hints BUT I was SO wrong & it compliments the Earl Grey perfectly! I drink this tea every morning at work :)

I don’t know what it is about this tea, but just the smell of it is enough to make me happy as a clam :) upon drinking it i feel a rush of pure happiness, from head to toe.

it’s the perfect winter drink, as i am reminded of summer every time i enjoy a cup of the earl’s garden.