The Earl's Garden

Blue Cornflowers, Calendula Petals, Ceylon Black Tea, Natural And Artificial Flavouring, Strawberry
Bergamot, Strawberry, Berry, Earth, Rose, Sweet, Citrus, Earl Grey, Fruity, Bitter
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

2 Images

Berry Bounty
When he wasn’t in China discovering secret tea recipes, Britain’s second Earl Grey lived at Howick Hall in England, just like his ancestors had done since 1319. And also like his ancestors, he was a keen gardener and outdoorsman. This tea would no doubt have suited him, with the characteristic black tea and bergamot highlighted by strawberries, raspberries and essence of black currant.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Nice but not my cup of tea.

Finally got moved into my new place and – awesomely – my new roommate LOVES tea! So I get to sample from his collection for the next little while!

This one is quite nice and a definite reminder why Earl Grey is one of my favorite teas. The fruitiness is quite nice.

This was the first loose leaf tea that I got at DavidsTea. It tastes just as it smells. I loved it after my first cup. It was so delouses. This will be a tea that I will always have in my cupboard.

Loving the hint of berry flavour from this tea. About to brew my second cup of the day. Have yet to try it with milk, not sure how that would mix with the berry flavour, but I love my Earl’s with milk and sugar. Hard to tell with this one though how that flavour combination will go.
Seems like it would be great iced, will have to try this as well.

So far, happy with the purchase.

Loved how delicate the fruitiness was against the earl grey, but the caffeine really kicked me in the hiney with this one. Definitely a morning/daytime tea. Going on my shopping list. :)

I had sampled DavidsTea’s green earl grey, I asked to see their other earl greys. This one stood out the most for uniqueness with a very fruity smell.
The only loose leaf earl grey I’ve had is Adagios, which I’ve given a bad review on as it didn’t taste good at all.
I love a punch-in-the-face bergamoty earl grey. In fact, the only earl grey I like is Stash’s “Double bergamot Earl Grey”… yeah… I fail.

Dry Leaves: Bergamonty and mouth watering berry fruity smell.

Steeped: I did 4 minutes, it came out a ambery-brown…. and… smells like raisins? Actual sweet raisins. OOOkay.

Taste: Raisins? No wait.. I taste the blacktea and the berries with a bit of bergamot bitterness at the end. Or maybe it’s really just raisin tea. I’m drinking this cup straight right now, lets add my usual silk soy creamer and honey to this (I rarely add creamer to my teas, unless it’s earlgrey or chais)
With creamer, it doesn’t taste like raisins. Tastes slightly strawberry black tea. And creamy (duh). I think I like the tea straight, as the flavours come out more… the raisin flavour (ug)

Can I give this tea a “Weird” rating? I can’t get past the raisin tea taste. I wonder if I steep it long as a chai if it would be raisin chai? eeehhhh, not sure if that would taste good, a quick steeping seems best. How about iced? I dunno.

Maybe I’ll try with a shorter steeping time or a smaller scoop, I used 1.5t. I see this tea with the potential to be amazing, but falls into the weird range of messing with my senses.

If you want to try a new kinda Early grey, give this one a shot.

I am on a black tea kick so this tea was right up my alley. I love cream of Earl Grey, so I thought I would try something different. I liked the taste of fruit in it because it doesn’t over power the taste of the tea, but it adds a nice touch. For me, this isn’t an everyday kind of tea, but something I have to be in the mood for.

I love the fruity aroma. It is a great addition to my earl grey collection…

I like Earl Grey, but to be honest, I can usually take it or leave it. But this version of Earl Grey is more interesting than plain-old regular Earl Grey. I like the floral notes and the sweetness of the fruit was a nice surprise. It actually tastes as delicious as it smells. A keeper.

I’m usually not a huge fan of earl greys because of the bergamot. From the bag, the tea smelled quiet nice, I got a light note of bergamot, but more fruity notes. When brewed it was ok. I could still smell a lot of fruity berries, but I couldn’t taste too much of the berries and there was a light bergamot taste. Definitely an ok tea, but it loses a bit of rating because I don,t like bergamot.

EDIT: I tried this tea again. Dry notes, this tea smells awesome, it comes out very sweet. I don’t notice any bergamot scent at all.

First steep: It comes out bitter and yucky unfortunately. That is probably why I didn’t like it the first time. You taste a lot of bitterness from the leaves and a little bergamot. As it cools though, the taste comes out more sweet.

Second steep: I absolutely love the second steep, I can no longer taste the bergamot and it’s lovely as a lighter black tea. As it cools, I got a really lovely sweet taste from the berries without the tartness, which is really nice.

Third steep: Still sweet, very little bitterness from the leaves! Love it as it cools.

I upped the rating by a lot just because the second and more steeps are amazing cooled. I would definitely serve this for the summer to my friends.