The Earl's Garden

Black Fruit Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by sylviedroz

• “It's being held hostage in my travel mug. I can't get the top to open and I can't get it to ACTUALLY open either. Cries. I managed a sweet few sips out of it because it leaks...time to find a new...” Read full tasting note
    pandamanda 1195 tasting notes
  • “Love this one in the hot weather. Juicy berries, citrus, and a good, strong tea base to keep your energy from flagging. I give it a shortish, slightly cooler than boiling steep to keep the...” Read full tasting note
    JacquelineM 1112 tasting notes
  • “Made this one as a cold brew. Brewed for about 8 hours. I think I prefer this one as a hot brew vs a cold brew. There is more strawberry, raspberry taste as a cold brew. However, the...” Read full tasting note
    Lala1 709 tasting notes
  • “To be fair, my stash of this is getting on in age (1 year? 1.5?)but today's cuppa was just not great. There was no bergamot, and only a light hint of fruit to mask the black tea that went bitter...” Read full tasting note
    Uniquity 674 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

When he wasn’t in China discovering secret tea recipes, Britain’s second Earl Grey lived at Howick Hall in England, just like his ancestors had done since 1319. And also like his ancestors, he was a keen gardener and outdoorsman. This tea would no doubt have suited him, with the characteristic black tea and bergamot highlighted by strawberries, raspberries and essence of black currant.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

i like earl grey tea but something was all ways missing! and this was it! i love the fruity edge this tea gives and it’s perfect for any time, any place, any situation!

I have always loved earl gray tea, and that is what first drew me to try this tea. After having tried it, all I can think is GUMMIE BEARS IN A CUP! AW YEAH!

Honestly, amazing combination that results in a fun, fragrant cup of tea!

So good! I oversteeped it the first time, so it was quite bitter, but the next few times were delicious! I’m not a fan of fruity teas, but tea had the perfect balance of fruit and earl grey.

Oh my god, this is basically my favourite tea ever! Its an earl grey, but with the added bonus of strawberry pieces and flavouring, which just add an amazing fruity sweetness! So wonderful! And I’m not even all that big on fruity teas!

gotta. wake. up. love this tea because it wakes me up like any Black tea would, but in a much nicer way thanks to all the fruit!

I wanted to love this one. Like, if I was on a desert island this is the tea I’d take love it. Like, I vow to take this tea above all others for the rest of my days. And in theory, I should’ve. I’m an earl grey fan. And I like berries. And I’d previously tried and liked both Davids earl greys and berry teas. And this one smells truly amazing in the wall tin/bag. Just stunning. But see, I’ve gone through my 50g bag I actually bought in person in a shop, and I’m always left wanting. There has been a bitter aftertaste with every mouthful of this tea I’ve tried, and I’ve varied the temperature and steep time, changed the level of sugar/agave I’ve added (yes, tried to get both to work), and nothing. Well, nothing a amazing as this tea smells (dry and steeped). It’s mightily puzzling and disappointing. Will just have to stick with my other earl grey faves, Cream of EG and Countess of Seville.

this tea is ridiculous. i love sweet/fruity teas, plus back currant is one of my all-time favourite flavours. the berry smell of the dry tea is so strong and lovely, it really wakes you up in the morning. i find to get the best flavour, a 5min steep in boiling water and then cooling until it’s almost not warm enough does the trick. haven’t tried it iced, but i’m sure it would be amazing. the best summertime tea (but it brightens up these cold autumn days too!)

First impressions – I sent some of this tea to my best friend while she was studying in Ireland. When she got the package, she thought I had sent her gummy bears, as that was the sent permeating the wrapping! And I must say, when I open the bag, I do smell those overly sweetened confections. Steeped, though, it smells like Earl Grey with a little something extra.

Flavor – I really like it. It’s simultaneously a subtler and revamped Earl’s Grey. A little lesss bergamot, and a nice berry finish. As with all black teas, I drink this with milk, and it actually works.

Lovability – I can go a month without drinking this tea, yet, when I do, it’s a love affair for at least a week. Then, it drops off my radar again. Amazing? No. Simply all-around good tea that fails to disappoint? Yes.

I really enjoyed this take on Earl Grey. It’s really fruity but has the taste of bergamot and Earl Grey that you love! I don’t usually love black teas, but this has to be one of my favourites.

I usually hate Earl Grey teas, but this one turned me around a bit by having a decent amount of other flavor going on. I don’t love it when it’s steeped alone, but with a fair amount of hot milk, it tones down how perfume-y the tea can be.