The Earl's Garden

Blue Cornflowers, Calendula Petals, Ceylon Black Tea, Natural And Artificial Flavouring, Strawberry
Earl Grey, Fruity, Strawberry, Bergamot, Bitter
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

2 Images

• “It's being held hostage in my travel mug. I can't get the top to open and I can't get it to ACTUALLY open either. Cries. I managed a sweet few sips out of it because it leaks...time to find a new...” Read full tasting note
    pandamanda 1212 tasting notes
  • “Love this one in the hot weather. Juicy berries, citrus, and a good, strong tea base to keep your energy from flagging. I give it a shortish, slightly cooler than boiling steep to keep the...” Read full tasting note
    JacquelineM 1112 tasting notes
  • “Made this one as a cold brew. Brewed for about 8 hours. I think I prefer this one as a hot brew vs a cold brew. There is more strawberry, raspberry taste as a cold brew. However, the...” Read full tasting note
    Lala1 810 tasting notes
  • “To be fair, my stash of this is getting on in age (1 year? 1.5?)but today's cuppa was just not great. There was no bergamot, and only a light hint of fruit to mask the black tea that went bitter...” Read full tasting note
    Uniquity 698 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Berry Bounty
When he wasn’t in China discovering secret tea recipes, Britain’s second Earl Grey lived at Howick Hall in England, just like his ancestors had done since 1319. And also like his ancestors, he was a keen gardener and outdoorsman. This tea would no doubt have suited him, with the characteristic black tea and bergamot highlighted by strawberries, raspberries and essence of black currant.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This tea was kind of disappointing. I got it as a gift, and it sounds like it would be a great tea, but on first sniff it smelled strongly of berry bubblegum. Fruity to the max, but in an artificial kind of way. Once steeped, the flavour is very similar to the scent. The bubblegum is slightly toned down, but it’s still not the true berry flavour I would have liked.

I had a friend over who quite liked this tea, and the friend who gifted it to me loved it, too, so I think I’m the only one who’s getting this artificial kind of bubblegum note.

I’m not the one for fruity teas but I really enjoyed this one.

It smells very strongly of fruit and there’s definitely a high citrus note in there. The fruit smell is quite pungent to a point where it overpowers the bergamot of the earl grey.

When I steeped it, it retained a lot of it’s fruity qualities but it’s not nearly as intense as Bear Trap. It’s more than just a hint of fruitiness. I adore earl grey but this tea isn’t as strong as the ones I usually drink. Regardless, I was still surprised how much I liked this tea.

I usually drink this with some honey.

This is the last one I haven’t tried yet from Janelle (sent a while back). Thank you! Not a bad tea but the flavor seems a little faded.. probably my fault. The bergamot seems more like lime. Not a ton of berry flavor. The black tea is medium strength. Not bad for a Ceylon base.

In my opinion, I don’t really think there is such a thing as a horrible tea. It just depends on your palette. I am personally not a fan of Earl’s Grey tea but I decided to take a leap of faith and try this fruity twist on the classic. And it actually wasn’t that bad. Would I get it again? Probably not. But definitely something to sip on for a cloudy day.

Flavors: Earl Grey, Fruity, Strawberry

I’ve had this once before, and I remember the fruit flavours being too intense for me. I didn’t want to review it on that day, because maybe I just was not in the mood for it, and I thought it was unfair.

So now, I’m having it again, and I added a splash of milk, just in case it was way too fruity again. I can taste a bit of bergamot, strawberries, blueberries, a touch of vanilla…It sounds wonderful, but it actually tastes quite artificial to me, and it has a strange aftertaste. I’ll give this one a 60, because it is not yuck, but definitely not yum.

Sipdown!

I finished off the last little bit of this this morning, and although it was pretty good, I’m not sure if it’s a restock. I do like the blend of berry/flowers with the bergamot, though. Perhaps I’m more of an Earl Grey Cream sort of person…

Day 1 of the Easter Advent Calendar! At least…I think it’s Day 1. There are no numbers printed on the doors, so you kinda pick a spot on the “path” printed on the box and start there. I decided top of the path instead of bottom of the path. Maybe I’m doing things backwards. Don’t care.

I had purchased this tea for someone else once upon a time, but I’ve never tried it myself. The dry leaf smell is definitely “Earl Grey and Something”, and the steeped smell is “Fruity Earl Grey”. I don’t know if I can pick out any one fruit flavour, but it smells delish.

The taste? Also quite good. I’m not generally a fan of Earl Grey tea, so I never would have thought to try this on my own initiative (the friend I bought this for LOVES Earl Grey, so I bought her a custom pack of all of the Earl Grey and derivatives that David’s has). I’m glad it was part of the calendar. I still have about 2 cups left (used my little tea cup for it, since it’s caffeinated and I was having it before bed…not usually a good idea), so if I still feel the same way after the other 2 cups I’ll be a happy camper.

Verdict: might buy. I’ll have to see how the other 2 steepings go. But if you like Earl Grey tea, you’ll likely be a fan of this version.

Too fruity for me. I am a huge earl grey fan but this one just didn’t do it for me. Tried it once and I won’t be buying this one anytime soon.

This one has been on my “Tea’s to try” list for a loooonnnggg time now (over 2 years!) and it was just yesterday that I finally got around to trying it. I had this in a to-go cup while I was out shopping. The earl grey base definitely does come through however most of the taste came from the strawberries which gave the tea a fruity and sour note. The strawberry is definitely toned down in this tea compared to other strawberry teas such as Strawberry Rhubarb Parfait and Sweet Strawberry. I definitely enjoyed this tea and would drink it again however it’s not one I would rush out to buy. I would recommend trying it for yourself too.

Very fruitful and refreshing tea.