The Earl's Garden

Blue Cornflowers, Calendula Petals, Ceylon Black Tea, Natural And Artificial Flavouring, Strawberry
Strawberry, Bergamot, Lemon, Astringent, Earl Grey, Floral, Fruity, Berry, Earth, Rose, Sweet, Citrus, Bitter
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

2 Images

From DAVIDsTEA

Berry Bounty
When he wasn’t in China discovering secret tea recipes, Britain’s second Earl Grey lived at Howick Hall in England, just like his ancestors had done since 1319. And also like his ancestors, he was a keen gardener and outdoorsman. This tea would no doubt have suited him, with the characteristic black tea and bergamot highlighted by strawberries, raspberries and essence of black currant.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This tea was kind of disappointing. I got it as a gift, and it sounds like it would be a great tea, but on first sniff it smelled strongly of berry bubblegum. Fruity to the max, but in an artificial kind of way. Once steeped, the flavour is very similar to the scent. The bubblegum is slightly toned down, but it’s still not the true berry flavour I would have liked.

I had a friend over who quite liked this tea, and the friend who gifted it to me loved it, too, so I think I’m the only one who’s getting this artificial kind of bubblegum note.

I’m not the one for fruity teas but I really enjoyed this one.

It smells very strongly of fruit and there’s definitely a high citrus note in there. The fruit smell is quite pungent to a point where it overpowers the bergamot of the earl grey.

When I steeped it, it retained a lot of it’s fruity qualities but it’s not nearly as intense as Bear Trap. It’s more than just a hint of fruitiness. I adore earl grey but this tea isn’t as strong as the ones I usually drink. Regardless, I was still surprised how much I liked this tea.

I usually drink this with some honey.

So fruity and strong! So so so good.
Not bitter or astringent at all. Aroma is intense!
Second steep was great. Probably could’ve gone for a third.

Flavors: Strawberry

A delicious fruity earl grey. I love it with milk and it’s also divine in earl grey shortbread cookies.

The strawberry flavor is strong with this one. Colleagues can smell it when I am drinking a cup in the same room.

Flavors: Bergamot, Lemon, Strawberry

I’m on a huge earl grey kick right now. I’m also pretty passionate about floral teas. What could be better than mixing two of my favourite things?

Lots, probably. It’s not something I was thinking of when I delved into the 100g can right from the get-go. Note to self: Samples are always a good way to go.

This is a backlog tea. I’ve had it several times cold-steeped and hot-steeped.

Nose: Can someone bottle this up and sell it? It smells divine.

Flavour (boiled): 1.5 tsp per cup of boiled water. This tea started off well, like a sweeter, tangier earl grey. Then, a wall of astringent bitter strawberry flavour hits me. I like my earl grey with milk and sugar. This one, no. Berries and milk do not mix. It’s like a warm, sour strawberry milkshake. No, no, no. Never again with the milk.

Flavour (cold-steeped): 3tsp per 2 cups of cold water, left to steep in the fridge overnight. The astringent taste is much more muted. It’s intensely flavoured. There are bits of floral and bits of bergamot. I like this one with a bit of sugar. I think the sugar tastes a bit like rock sugar with the sweet undertones of the tea. It would definitely make a lovely iced tea.

I think I’ll save this one to do cold steeps only, or I’ll try lowering the water temperature. The hot water seems to mess with the flavours.

EDIT: I’ve just learned that DAVID’s perfect tea spoon is meant for two cups of water, not one. I think I’ve been steeping the wrong amount for the past two years.

Steeped with the proper amount of leaves, it’s alright. I think I’ll just finish the tin and return to my regular earl grey.

Flavors: Astringent, Bergamot, Earl Grey, Strawberry

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 250 ML

I liked this one. It’s fruity and refreshing and tasty and light…. love it!

I tried this hot, but I think it would be much better iced. The floral notes overpowered the fruity ones a wee bit, and I couldn’t taste the bergamot at all. It was however sweet and pleasant. Reminder to self : Iced tea is OK. Tea pop is not.

Flavors: Floral, Fruity

Boiling 7 min, 30 sec 2 tsp 17 OZ / 500 ML

I tried a sample of this despite the fact that I’m not a fan of Earl Grey. It’s not bad. I wouldn’t purchase it because I’ve recently discovered that I don’t enjoy the combination of strawberries and black tea. Also, holy bergamot, Batman! It’s strong, so strong. My cuppa was really bold, despite all the additional flavors/ingredients. I added sweetener and quite a bit of non-dairy milk.

Flavors: Bergamot, Strawberry

I think I over-steeped it but not toooo much, it’s still good. The black tea tastes is smooth but I dont taste the strawberries that much. It’s nice :)

2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

This tea makes me happy. This tea was part of my Valentine’s Day gift from my hubby and I did a happy dance when I saw it. I am not a huge Earl Grey tea fan…straight up, normal Earl Grey does not appeal to me. But, with that being said, I really love Tealuxe’s Cream Earl Grey and The Earl’s Garden. This tea smells like summer – you get a very strong odor of strawberries and bergamot. And it’s fun to watch the bits of strawberry rehydrate during the steeping process. The flavor is light, you pick up on black tea and strawberries with just a hint of bergamot. I’ve only had this hot so far but I’d be curious to see how it tastes iced.

I find DT tends to give instructions for over steeping. I steeped this for about 3 minutes…any further and I think it would get too bitter

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML