The Earl's Garden

Blue Cornflowers, Calendula Petals, Ceylon Black Tea, Natural And Artificial Flavouring, Strawberry
Bergamot, Strawberry, Berry, Earth, Rose, Sweet, Citrus, Earl Grey, Fruity, Bitter
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

2 Images

Berry Bounty
When he wasn’t in China discovering secret tea recipes, Britain’s second Earl Grey lived at Howick Hall in England, just like his ancestors had done since 1319. And also like his ancestors, he was a keen gardener and outdoorsman. This tea would no doubt have suited him, with the characteristic black tea and bergamot highlighted by strawberries, raspberries and essence of black currant.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This tea was kind of disappointing. I got it as a gift, and it sounds like it would be a great tea, but on first sniff it smelled strongly of berry bubblegum. Fruity to the max, but in an artificial kind of way. Once steeped, the flavour is very similar to the scent. The bubblegum is slightly toned down, but it’s still not the true berry flavour I would have liked.

I had a friend over who quite liked this tea, and the friend who gifted it to me loved it, too, so I think I’m the only one who’s getting this artificial kind of bubblegum note.

I’m not the one for fruity teas but I really enjoyed this one.

It smells very strongly of fruit and there’s definitely a high citrus note in there. The fruit smell is quite pungent to a point where it overpowers the bergamot of the earl grey.

When I steeped it, it retained a lot of it’s fruity qualities but it’s not nearly as intense as Bear Trap. It’s more than just a hint of fruitiness. I adore earl grey but this tea isn’t as strong as the ones I usually drink. Regardless, I was still surprised how much I liked this tea.

I usually drink this with some honey.

I tried a sample of this despite the fact that I’m not a fan of Earl Grey. It’s not bad. I wouldn’t purchase it because I’ve recently discovered that I don’t enjoy the combination of strawberries and black tea. Also, holy bergamot, Batman! It’s strong, so strong. My cuppa was really bold, despite all the additional flavors/ingredients. I added sweetener and quite a bit of non-dairy milk.

Flavors: Bergamot, Strawberry

I think I over-steeped it but not toooo much, it’s still good. The black tea tastes is smooth but I dont taste the strawberries that much. It’s nice :)

2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

This tea makes me happy. This tea was part of my Valentine’s Day gift from my hubby and I did a happy dance when I saw it. I am not a huge Earl Grey tea fan…straight up, normal Earl Grey does not appeal to me. But, with that being said, I really love Tealuxe’s Cream Earl Grey and The Earl’s Garden. This tea smells like summer – you get a very strong odor of strawberries and bergamot. And it’s fun to watch the bits of strawberry rehydrate during the steeping process. The flavor is light, you pick up on black tea and strawberries with just a hint of bergamot. I’ve only had this hot so far but I’d be curious to see how it tastes iced.

I find DT tends to give instructions for over steeping. I steeped this for about 3 minutes…any further and I think it would get too bitter

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

And my fixation on lightly flavoured black tea continues…

This one is really nice, actually. It’s been keeping me company on a day when I’ve been trying very hard to stay focused on studying. The caffeine is also appreciated. When I first smelled it, I worried that it would end up being too strongly floral for my liking, but the base tea is quite strong. and the fruit adds a nice sweetness. I bet this one would be fantastic iced.

I didn’t add anything to this one, but I’m curious as to what it would taste like with a bit of rock sugar. I may just do that on my next steep.

Flavors: Bergamot, Berry, Earth, Rose, Sweet

3 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

You’re right, I can see this being quite nice cold.

Undrinkable. I bought 4 oz of this tea because I love Earl Grey and it smelled so yummy in the store. I have tried twice and I simply can’t drink this tea. I cannot even tell you what I don’t like about it except all those flavors don’t seem to go together.

Flavors: Bergamot, Citrus, Strawberry

3 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

This is the last one I haven’t tried yet from Janelle (sent a while back). Thank you! Not a bad tea but the flavor seems a little faded.. probably my fault. The bergamot seems more like lime. Not a ton of berry flavor. The black tea is medium strength. Not bad for a Ceylon base.

In my opinion, I don’t really think there is such a thing as a horrible tea. It just depends on your palette. I am personally not a fan of Earl’s Grey tea but I decided to take a leap of faith and try this fruity twist on the classic. And it actually wasn’t that bad. Would I get it again? Probably not. But definitely something to sip on for a cloudy day.

Flavors: Earl Grey, Fruity, Strawberry

I’ve had this once before, and I remember the fruit flavours being too intense for me. I didn’t want to review it on that day, because maybe I just was not in the mood for it, and I thought it was unfair.

So now, I’m having it again, and I added a splash of milk, just in case it was way too fruity again. I can taste a bit of bergamot, strawberries, blueberries, a touch of vanilla…It sounds wonderful, but it actually tastes quite artificial to me, and it has a strange aftertaste. I’ll give this one a 60, because it is not yuck, but definitely not yum.