The Earl's Garden

Black Fruit Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by sylviedroz

• “It's being held hostage in my travel mug. I can't get the top to open and I can't get it to ACTUALLY open either. Cries. I managed a sweet few sips out of it because it leaks...time to find a new...” Read full tasting note
    pandamanda 1195 tasting notes
  • “Love this one in the hot weather. Juicy berries, citrus, and a good, strong tea base to keep your energy from flagging. I give it a shortish, slightly cooler than boiling steep to keep the...” Read full tasting note
    JacquelineM 1112 tasting notes
  • “Made this one as a cold brew. Brewed for about 8 hours. I think I prefer this one as a hot brew vs a cold brew. There is more strawberry, raspberry taste as a cold brew. However, the...” Read full tasting note
    Lala1 709 tasting notes
  • “To be fair, my stash of this is getting on in age (1 year? 1.5?)but today's cuppa was just not great. There was no bergamot, and only a light hint of fruit to mask the black tea that went bitter...” Read full tasting note
    Uniquity 675 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

When he wasn’t in China discovering secret tea recipes, Britain’s second Earl Grey lived at Howick Hall in England, just like his ancestors had done since 1319. And also like his ancestors, he was a keen gardener and outdoorsman. This tea would no doubt have suited him, with the characteristic black tea and bergamot highlighted by strawberries, raspberries and essence of black currant.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Let’s just put it this way, it wasn’t the best way to bring this summer’s tea special to a close. This is just my opinion, but I’m really not crazy about Earl grey tea in general; but I could imagine, that for those of you who are, this tea is right up your alley.

It has that classic earl grey flavor with the slightest bit of a fruity and floral flavor along with it. It’s really minimally fruity because the earl grey flavor is overpowering. It’s also a bit astringent.

I’m sure there are some people out there who will love this blend, but I’m not one of them!

Hands down, my favourite blend from David’s. There will always be a tin of this in my tea stash as long as it keeps getting made.

I am so in love with this tea. Both the fragrance and the taste are amazing. Strawberry and bergamot are unexpectedly perfect companions.

Thanks to [email protected] for his wonderful work, My girlfriend left a week before our vacation to be with another man. I was desperate to get her back when I found dr.marnish. I tried 5 other people to do a spell to get her back and nothing worked. I was still alone. Then I found dr.marnish by accident. I don’t know how I found him, I don’t remember. But, when I first saw the good testimonies about his wonderful work and after reading the Testimonies, I decided I had to try and give it one last shot. After my spells, I got a text from my lover. And we started going back and forth by text, she asked to meet the next day. So we did, and that night we ended up sleeping together, and about a few days after we got back together. anyone who needs help, should email dr.marnish. He is the best.
Howard packer

This was the tea that started my love for Earl Grey teas. Prior to drinking this I’d always found Earl Grey a bit too bitter for my tastes and so I usually avoided it. However last year for Mother’s Day I decided to get my Mom some tea and on a whim got her this one.

Needless to say I tried some with her, and to my surprise I loved it. I think the fruit really complimented the bergamot in a way that appealed to me. It wasn’t long before I had to buy my own tin and this became my weekend morning tea. It’s now competing with a few other Earl greys but it’s still one of my favorites.

Ok, I don’t know if any one has tried this yet, but this is AMAZING if you make it into a London fog. Seriously. After the 7 ( yes actually ) months of winter here, I needed something warm to remind me of what spring and summer were like. So I had this. Warm, milky, comforting like an ear grey should be, but with the lovely flavour of strawberry. Yumm!

I really enjoy this tea but man can it not be over steeped. I really have to be careful to keep this on the lower end of the time scale (and lower then the recommend) before it becomes too much! I have not tried it with more then two steeps but so far so good. Not sure if it is a must buy again though.

My breakthrough with this tea happened when I discovered 1 teaspoon is definitely not enough for 8 oz, no matter what the brewing instructions recommend. When I did follow instructions, I was left with a tea that had very little taste and a mild aroma.

Adding that extra 1/2 tsp made a huge difference. At that strength, there’s a pleasant body to the tea, and the taste of strawberries and currants is more obvious. I actually like Earl’s Garden better than the last strawberry tea I tried, though the bergamot unmistakably present. The brew does have an edge of bitterness to it, but I think it’s more like that actual odd tang of bitter you sometimes get off a strawberry’s skin, so it doesn’t bother me as much as it usually would. A nice twist on earl grey.

This was another surprisingly delicious tea! Very floral, and quite good. The first couple cups I had I added sugar, but I found as I adjusted I no longer needed any additives. Quite good!

I love this tea. This was my first tea from David’s Tea. Everyone I have shared it with loves it as well. It is a nice fruity twist on your basic Earl Grey.

Definitely one to keep stocked!