The Earl's Garden

Blue Cornflowers, Calendula Petals, Ceylon Black Tea, Natural And Artificial Flavouring, Strawberry
Bergamot, Strawberry, Berry, Earth, Rose, Sweet, Citrus, Earl Grey, Fruity, Bitter
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

2 Images

From DAVIDsTEA

Berry Bounty
When he wasn’t in China discovering secret tea recipes, Britain’s second Earl Grey lived at Howick Hall in England, just like his ancestors had done since 1319. And also like his ancestors, he was a keen gardener and outdoorsman. This tea would no doubt have suited him, with the characteristic black tea and bergamot highlighted by strawberries, raspberries and essence of black currant.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Day 1 of the Easter Advent Calendar! At least…I think it’s Day 1. There are no numbers printed on the doors, so you kinda pick a spot on the “path” printed on the box and start there. I decided top of the path instead of bottom of the path. Maybe I’m doing things backwards. Don’t care.

I had purchased this tea for someone else once upon a time, but I’ve never tried it myself. The dry leaf smell is definitely “Earl Grey and Something”, and the steeped smell is “Fruity Earl Grey”. I don’t know if I can pick out any one fruit flavour, but it smells delish.

The taste? Also quite good. I’m not generally a fan of Earl Grey tea, so I never would have thought to try this on my own initiative (the friend I bought this for LOVES Earl Grey, so I bought her a custom pack of all of the Earl Grey and derivatives that David’s has). I’m glad it was part of the calendar. I still have about 2 cups left (used my little tea cup for it, since it’s caffeinated and I was having it before bed…not usually a good idea), so if I still feel the same way after the other 2 cups I’ll be a happy camper.

Verdict: might buy. I’ll have to see how the other 2 steepings go. But if you like Earl Grey tea, you’ll likely be a fan of this version.

Too fruity for me. I am a huge earl grey fan but this one just didn’t do it for me. Tried it once and I won’t be buying this one anytime soon.

This one has been on my “Tea’s to try” list for a loooonnnggg time now (over 2 years!) and it was just yesterday that I finally got around to trying it. I had this in a to-go cup while I was out shopping. The earl grey base definitely does come through however most of the taste came from the strawberries which gave the tea a fruity and sour note. The strawberry is definitely toned down in this tea compared to other strawberry teas such as Strawberry Rhubarb Parfait and Sweet Strawberry. I definitely enjoyed this tea and would drink it again however it’s not one I would rush out to buy. I would recommend trying it for yourself too.

Very fruitful and refreshing tea.

This tea used to be one of my top three favourites, and as much as I still love it I hardly find myself drinking it anymore.

I love Earl Grey flavour, but I find it can be kind of dull occasionally. That’s why I love this tea, because it adds a fruity note to it that is unexpected and very refreshing. Like Kusmi’s Prince Vladimir, I find myself drinking this in the morning most often.

And is it just me or do certain teas bring nostalgia? This is one of them for me. Whenever I smell or taste it, I feel like I’m transported back two years ago when I used to drink this tea all the time. It’s a weird feeling.

Again, like Cream of Earl Grey, this seems to be a basic for every tea cupboard. However you don’t need to have Earl’s Garden and Cream of Earl Grey, I would just pick one or the other since they are so similar. This tea smells more of a strawberry Earl Grey then it actually taste. The smell is delicious, but I wish it tasted more like it smells. All in all, it is decent and I would also keep this one in my cupboard as a staple. Nothing to scream about though.

205 °F / 96 °C 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp

I love this, and have to have it with cream and sugar. The Bergamot is heady, but not too much so, and it’s nicely balanced out with sweet berries. It’s a fruity treat of a tea.

This might actually work very well as a bubble tea. Maybe I should get some tapioca balls…

The only thing I dislike about it is how it lists “artificial flavor” in its ingredients. Arrrgh, David’s Tea!

Anyway, I imagine a fairytale princess might like this very much with her strawberry scones while sitting in her rose garden and hanging out with her rabbit pals.

All I taste is soapy tea. I don’t taste any strawberry or citrus. My first sip started as a normal black tea, my second became soap. Won’t be getting more of this.

Let’s just put it this way, it wasn’t the best way to bring this summer’s tea special to a close. This is just my opinion, but I’m really not crazy about Earl grey tea in general; but I could imagine, that for those of you who are, this tea is right up your alley.

It has that classic earl grey flavor with the slightest bit of a fruity and floral flavor along with it. It’s really minimally fruity because the earl grey flavor is overpowering. It’s also a bit astringent.

I’m sure there are some people out there who will love this blend, but I’m not one of them!

Hands down, my favourite blend from David’s. There will always be a tin of this in my tea stash as long as it keeps getting made.