The Earl's Garden

Blue Cornflowers, Calendula Petals, Ceylon Black Tea, Natural And Artificial Flavouring, Strawberry
Strawberry, Bergamot, Lemon, Astringent, Earl Grey, Floral, Fruity, Berry, Earth, Rose, Sweet, Citrus, Bitter
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

2 Images

From DAVIDsTEA

Berry Bounty
When he wasn’t in China discovering secret tea recipes, Britain’s second Earl Grey lived at Howick Hall in England, just like his ancestors had done since 1319. And also like his ancestors, he was a keen gardener and outdoorsman. This tea would no doubt have suited him, with the characteristic black tea and bergamot highlighted by strawberries, raspberries and essence of black currant.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

And my fixation on lightly flavoured black tea continues…

This one is really nice, actually. It’s been keeping me company on a day when I’ve been trying very hard to stay focused on studying. The caffeine is also appreciated. When I first smelled it, I worried that it would end up being too strongly floral for my liking, but the base tea is quite strong. and the fruit adds a nice sweetness. I bet this one would be fantastic iced.

I didn’t add anything to this one, but I’m curious as to what it would taste like with a bit of rock sugar. I may just do that on my next steep.

Flavors: Bergamot, Berry, Earth, Rose, Sweet

3 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML
Fjellrev

You’re right, I can see this being quite nice cold.

Undrinkable. I bought 4 oz of this tea because I love Earl Grey and it smelled so yummy in the store. I have tried twice and I simply can’t drink this tea. I cannot even tell you what I don’t like about it except all those flavors don’t seem to go together.

Flavors: Bergamot, Citrus, Strawberry

3 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

1928 tasting notes

This is the last one I haven’t tried yet from Janelle (sent a while back). Thank you! Not a bad tea but the flavor seems a little faded.. probably my fault. The bergamot seems more like lime. Not a ton of berry flavor. The black tea is medium strength. Not bad for a Ceylon base.

In my opinion, I don’t really think there is such a thing as a horrible tea. It just depends on your palette. I am personally not a fan of Earl’s Grey tea but I decided to take a leap of faith and try this fruity twist on the classic. And it actually wasn’t that bad. Would I get it again? Probably not. But definitely something to sip on for a cloudy day.

Flavors: Earl Grey, Fruity, Strawberry

I’ve had this once before, and I remember the fruit flavours being too intense for me. I didn’t want to review it on that day, because maybe I just was not in the mood for it, and I thought it was unfair.

So now, I’m having it again, and I added a splash of milk, just in case it was way too fruity again. I can taste a bit of bergamot, strawberries, blueberries, a touch of vanilla…It sounds wonderful, but it actually tastes quite artificial to me, and it has a strange aftertaste. I’ll give this one a 60, because it is not yuck, but definitely not yum.

Sipdown!

I finished off the last little bit of this this morning, and although it was pretty good, I’m not sure if it’s a restock. I do like the blend of berry/flowers with the bergamot, though. Perhaps I’m more of an Earl Grey Cream sort of person…

Day 1 of the Easter Advent Calendar! At least…I think it’s Day 1. There are no numbers printed on the doors, so you kinda pick a spot on the “path” printed on the box and start there. I decided top of the path instead of bottom of the path. Maybe I’m doing things backwards. Don’t care.

I had purchased this tea for someone else once upon a time, but I’ve never tried it myself. The dry leaf smell is definitely “Earl Grey and Something”, and the steeped smell is “Fruity Earl Grey”. I don’t know if I can pick out any one fruit flavour, but it smells delish.

The taste? Also quite good. I’m not generally a fan of Earl Grey tea, so I never would have thought to try this on my own initiative (the friend I bought this for LOVES Earl Grey, so I bought her a custom pack of all of the Earl Grey and derivatives that David’s has). I’m glad it was part of the calendar. I still have about 2 cups left (used my little tea cup for it, since it’s caffeinated and I was having it before bed…not usually a good idea), so if I still feel the same way after the other 2 cups I’ll be a happy camper.

Verdict: might buy. I’ll have to see how the other 2 steepings go. But if you like Earl Grey tea, you’ll likely be a fan of this version.

Too fruity for me. I am a huge earl grey fan but this one just didn’t do it for me. Tried it once and I won’t be buying this one anytime soon.

This one has been on my “Tea’s to try” list for a loooonnnggg time now (over 2 years!) and it was just yesterday that I finally got around to trying it. I had this in a to-go cup while I was out shopping. The earl grey base definitely does come through however most of the taste came from the strawberries which gave the tea a fruity and sour note. The strawberry is definitely toned down in this tea compared to other strawberry teas such as Strawberry Rhubarb Parfait and Sweet Strawberry. I definitely enjoyed this tea and would drink it again however it’s not one I would rush out to buy. I would recommend trying it for yourself too.

Very fruitful and refreshing tea.