Citron Oolong

Jasmine, Lemon Myrtle, Natural Flavours, Oolong Tea Leaves
Lemon Zest, Jasmine, Lemon
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by De

• “I'm drinking all my David's Tea oolongs at work now since they seem to give my mom a migraine. Even the smell seems to set one off. (sighs) oh well Butiki Teas seem to be fine with her and the...” Read full tasting note
    Aedon2 587 tasting notes
  • “Whoops, accidently let this one cool completely. Oh well! I meant to stick some in the fridge anyhow! Also, another sipdown!! Go me :D The aroma is quite lemony (I can't tell you exactly which...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2245 tasting notes
  • “One would think that 10g would go a long way... Nope! I already know that I will have to get more of this tea and FAST, despite all these little samples I have that should be getting tasted and...” Read full tasting note
    erinn 232 tasting notes
  • “I thought I already tried this one but when I tore open the bag, the strong lemon/orange aroma convinced me otherwise. I must have had this confused with one of their other oolongs. Anyways. I was...” Read full tasting note
    Mercuryhime 512 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

A citrus burst

This blend of high-grown oolong is truly rejuvenating. It’s scented with lemon myrtle, jasmine and natural citrus essences, and the result is light, fresh and uplifting. Hot, it’s soothing and citrusy. Iced, it’s an unbelievable thirst quencher. And infused into vodka, it makes the world’s best martinis. (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Oolong tea, jasmine flowers, lemon myrtle, natural orange flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I’m drinking all my David’s Tea oolongs at work now since they seem to give my mom a migraine. Even the smell seems to set one off. (sighs) oh well Butiki Teas seem to be fine with her and the pumpkin chai so I don’t have to hide all my stash :D

The aroma is quite lemony (I can’t tell you exactly which herb it’s from), and the flavour is quite fresh and lemon and delicious. I can’t really taste the oolong in the first infusion. The last time I tried this, I liked the first infusion alright, but not the second two, so we’ll see how they go. I had written a note to add more oolong the second time around but sadly forgot :(

ETA: Second infusion deliciously lemony. No real oolong flavour. I think a lemon oolong would be fabulous; I wish this either had more oolong in it or a better oolong base. It looked a little crunchy to me (unlike Banana Oolong).

One would think that 10g would go a long way…

Nope! I already know that I will have to get more of this tea and FAST, despite all these little samples I have that should be getting tasted and drunk and enjoyed, I am stuck like glue to this one! I carted my little basket of leaves around all day and steeped, steeped, steeped, when possible.

I love the lemon scent, followed by a mellow taste of oolong tea. I can’t describe the flavour past “mellow”, so-SO good though!

Indigobloom

agreed! I just put up with the Jasmine in this, cuz I love it! the only tea I know that can get past my allergy <:o

MaddHatter

I don’t notice the jasmine, it must be really subtle or I am not aware of what it is like, both in scent and taste. But the Lemon Myrtle flowers! oh God! I hope they make more teas with this!

Indigobloom

I think you’re right about that, I can’t find the jasmine either but it’s in the ingredients list!
Lemon myrtle makes me happy :)

Cattibrie

The girl at the store suggested that this one shouldn’t be resteeped. Is that right or do you find it is possible to resteep it?

MaddHatter

If it shouldn’t be re-steeped I would not call it an oolong. I’ve re-steeped one serving 3 or more times…

MaddHatter

I wonder if maybe she steeped the leaves too long for the first steep and therefore was not able to steep it again?

Cattibrie

Not sure but she was explaining how oolongs are different to the friend I brought in with me and said Oolong’s can be steeped up to 5 times but just not this one. Maybe she isn’t a fan of this one.

Indigobloom

I’ve resteeped this one, and it was great! Not sure why she would say that… maybe it’s got something to do with the myrtle?

MaddHatter

I desperetly wanted this last night, I guess I’m picking some up this weekend…

I thought I already tried this one but when I tore open the bag, the strong lemon/orange aroma convinced me otherwise. I must have had this confused with one of their other oolongs. Anyways. I was expecting a subtle citrus with a creamy green oolong and slightly floral jasmine. Instead I got more jasmine flowers than tea and more lemon flavor than a lemon. I was not really a fan of this hot. It had a strong herbal flavor. So I chilled it with added water. Much better. Then I managed to get two cold brews with the same leaves. I’m going for one more overnight.

So this isn’t really the best lemon tea. I wanted to taste the oolong. But it’s alright hot but good cold. and its good for many infusions. So pros and cons. It is a very refreshing cold drink.

Edit: I just re-read this. I make no sense. But I’m tired so I’ll leave it. :P

Azzrian

I often make no sense – your post however makes sense to me.

Batrachoid

So long as it’s not plans for a rocket, don’t worry how you babble. =)But if it is, congrats! You can work on the space station!

Mercuryhime

Haha. I wish. I think physics was the one subject I simply could not do well in in high school.

softrevolution sent me a nice baggie of this! Thanks a bunch!

I remember LOVING Rishi’s Citron Oolong but haven’t tried DavidsTea’s Version until now. It’s pretty good. I don’t know if it’s as Citrony as the Rishi or if it was just my error in steeping times…this was a more muted or mellow Citron and maybe a tad more floral flavor. Regardless it was still tasty.

When I can’t find Rishi’s this right up there to have on hand!

Had a cuppa this with the beau this evening. It’s been a while since I had it and I always think it will be overpowering lemon based on the smell, but I find it’s actually milder in taste than in smell. I didn’t find it to be tart or bitter, but a nice citrus flavouring. Yes, it took over the oolong flavour (which I don’t mind, since I expected it) but there was still a depth to the body of the tea, reminding you of it’s oolong roots.

Ok, now that I know what to expect from this tea, it really is quite lovely! It’s one of the few flower teas that don’t put me off so I find myself craving it often.
Wow, I really am in love. Funny, for someone who doesn’t really like lemon in food, I have quite a few lemon tea faves!
The second steep is a bit mellower, I wish I could go for a third but I need to hydrate for the bbq I’m attending later. Can’t let that beer get me down! ;P

aisling of tea

If you’re attending the Sanremo Bakery BBQ at the end of my street, I will die laughing. Just saying. ;)

Indigobloom

lol no this one is in Oakville. But I’m going to Buddies afterwards, maybe. You should come! :)
(a club in TO)

aisling of tea

Ah, if only that darn money tree we planted in the backyard would bloom! XD

MaddHatter

Mmmm, I cannot wait to try this one!

Indigobloom

I recommend it, highly! just dont oversteep, it can get quite thick

After the Beauty Renewal tea disaster, I pulled this out of my cupboard. Of course, forgetting that I much prefer this iced than hot. Sigh. I just can’t win tonight.

I love the lemony scent with light whiffs of jasmine. I bought some organic honey from the Farmer’s Market a couple of weeks ago so added that (but a little too much unfortunately). It’s more tea flavoured honey at this point than lemony, jasmine-y or oolong-y. Can’t I just have a decent cup of tea tonight?

Not changing the rating because I still love this as my go-to iced tea. But no more tea experiments tonight.

Insence&Tea

Sorry about your mishaps :( Despite those this sounds like a wonderful tea, considering I love citrus and oolong, so I’ll have to look into getting some

1945 tasting notes

I decided to try this tea this afternoon, which I got in a swap with brandy3392. Thanks! I do love lemony oolongs, and this one seems like it will be lemony beyond lemony! When I opened the package the powerful scent of lemon immediately rushed out. As I was portioning it out I noticed that the tea seemed to be made up of more jasmine blossoms than actual tea! So I hope I put enough of the blend in my steeping basket.

I don’t usually steep my oolongs for 4 minutes, but this one called for between 4 and 7 minutes so I went with the low end. I honestly can’t imagine steeping any tea for 7 minutes. Steeped, the tea smells lemony and herby with a bit of oolong peeking through. This is a really lemony tea, in both a citrusy way and a lemon herb (must be the verbena) way. Something like this could easily seem tart or bitter or pithy, but it’s got a round, sweetish flavor instead. I think that must be the influence of the oolong, which is otherwise a bit difficult to detect. Occasionally I get a faint, elusive note of florals or the buttery base, and those notes come out more as it cools. The oolong that’s there is really tasty. I like this blend but I would like it better with more oolong in it, I think. It is not for the lemony faint of heart, for sure.

Spoonvonstup

Have you ever had the Citron Oolong from Rishi? I’m wondering how these two compare. I used to get it at my local teahouse before it (boohoo!) went under.

Dinosara

I haven’t actually! I will keep my eye out for it though.

Backlog:

A really nice medley of flavors: Soft citrus-y notes, exotic jasmine, and a vegetative taste from the greener Oolong used as a base for this tea. The Oolong has a buttery taste, a slightly creamy texture and this goes very nicely with the lemony citrus, giving it an almost “lemon-curd” like taste. And the jasmine comes in and offers an alluring floral note.

Nice. Even my daughter enjoyed this one.