Citron Oolong

Jasmine, Lemon Myrtle, Natural Flavours, Oolong Tea Leaves
Citrus, Floral, Green, Jasmine, Lemon, Mineral, Orange, Vegetal, Lemon Zest
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by De

• “I'm drinking all my David's Tea oolongs at work now since they seem to give my mom a migraine. Even the smell seems to set one off. (sighs) oh well Butiki Teas seem to be fine with her and the...” Read full tasting note
    Aedon2 587 tasting notes
  • “Whoops, accidently let this one cool completely. Oh well! I meant to stick some in the fridge anyhow! Also, another sipdown!! Go me :D The aroma is quite lemony (I can't tell you exactly which...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2515 tasting notes
  • “One would think that 10g would go a long way... Nope! I already know that I will have to get more of this tea and FAST, despite all these little samples I have that should be getting tasted and...” Read full tasting note
    erinn 232 tasting notes
  • “I thought I already tried this one but when I tore open the bag, the strong lemon/orange aroma convinced me otherwise. I must have had this confused with one of their other oolongs. Anyways. I was...” Read full tasting note
    Mercuryhime 520 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

A citrus burst

This blend of high-grown oolong is truly rejuvenating. It’s scented with lemon myrtle, jasmine and natural citrus essences, and the result is light, fresh and uplifting. Hot, it’s soothing and citrusy. Iced, it’s an unbelievable thirst quencher. And infused into vodka, it makes the world’s best martinis. (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Oolong tea, jasmine flowers, lemon myrtle, natural orange flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Having a really cruddy day, and this is warm, creamy, fresh, and perfect. If only life’s problems could be solved by a cup of tea…this one is certainly a nice escape.

I really don’t remember it being this creamy. I’m glad I got two of the 60g/$5 packs :-)

Had this tonight. I enjoyed it because I am a big fan of lemon but I really didn’t get much oolong with it. I wonder if it is my small sample size since I got 14g at the store on Saturday so maybe it wasn’t well combined. It was a very light coloured tea and I steeped it for almost the full 7 minutes. Tomorrow I will resteep and leave the tea in and see if I can get more oolong flavour out of it.

Funny that I really have no experience with oolongs but I am really enjoying them. Normally I am more of a black or green tea person. Thanks to everyone on here who have helped me broaden my tea horizons.

I love this one. I think I mainly love it because the lemon and the jasmine work to compliment one another. I tried it hot this time, but have been told it makes a really good iced tea! i’m excited for warmer days when I can try it out!

Backlogged from this afternoon.

This one always surprises me by how much filler is in there, I would prefer more oolong. It’s very floral-citrusy without being overpowering, I like this. Yet if I was tasting this blind I may never guess that there is oolong in it. I only taste it because I know it’s there and I’m looking for it.

I drank a lot of citrus flavored teas today so I’m getting tired of this taste but I think this one is nice. The lemony notes are not too strong and they pair well with the oolong.

Try steeping this one in vodka and making a citron martini! That is my favorite thing to do with this tea :) http://www.drinksmixer.com/drink10114.html

Fiddling

Oh, that sounds divine! I’ll have to try it out.

They call me mellow yellow…that’s right

This was another oolong that I have been passing by for the last couple of months, never really even bothering to give it a thought, I know how rude and unappreciative of me! In a bid to cross them all off my list I took a whiff of this oolong the other day and immediately had to have some. Dry it has a nice pleasing smooth citrus aroma, very lemony but not overpowering or fake.

The final brew is fairly light in color, and retains its delicious citrus aroma, after the first sip I was hooked. I really like citrus tea’s but most are generally fairly powerful; however Citron Oolong was the exact opposite the citrus profile for this tea is tame and mellow, very relaxing in fact. I was slightly taken off guard by this tea, I knew it would be citrusy but I never figured it would be such a wonderfully soft flavor.

Good tea hot or cold. Sometimes the lemon myrtle can be overwhelming making me enjoy it less, but I always finish my cup, so I guess it isn’t that big of a deal. Nice light and fresh!

I typically steep oolong tea at a maximum of three minutes, but this one called for four. The reason I opted to steep longer is because once the tea is open, it gives a very strong citrus scent. This is because it appears to be composed mainly of everything else, and there is very little oolong tea.

Steeping gives off a darker lemony scent, the darker parts could be due to the jasmine flowers, as most flowers tend to make a tea darker.

The taste reflects what the blend is mainly composed of, having a very overpowering yet fresh lemon/citrus flavor with a tinge of jasmine. There is a grounding flavor of flowery oolong beneath everything else, which is a welcoming surprise.

I do wish the oolong tea would surprise me more, as this nothing more than a typical dark lemon/citrus tea. It is not bad, but does not leave much to the imagination. And if the name says oolong, then there should be more oolong.

I am a citrus lover and this tea is perfect. It is very relaxing and calming. I do like my tea strong in flavour so I add more than necessary, but then I can get at least three steeps out of the same leaves. Definitely worth trying, if you haven’t already.